Gathering - Zelo

Another Roleplay's Story Collection

One night at the same place, we gathered. There was a perfect image of innocence I later saw after we parted. She was my niece, born the day after we bid our last farewell. Her feet paced little by little until our eyes met.

She was wearing an accessory similar to what I have earned as a gift for you. Her features reminded me of you—your eyes which make my heart pound at a glance; your lips that captured and taught me love; and your smile I longed for since that day.

"Uncle, are you not joining mommy and daddy for a drink?" her tiny voice tingled my ears, I shook my head and lowered to her level. "No," her eyes frowned.

"They promised to keep in you in company but they are all being noisy without you." I chuckled and rubbed her cheek to ease her grumpiness. "Uncle, do you know why are we here again?" she followed a question.

Why? I thought too. Why would we be gathered here again? It became our routine, no. It is our tradition. A tradition, a cause of my ache, in the heart, why is it a tradition?

"It's a yearly routine," I muttered and I carried her to my lap, "do you want to know why?" Her eyebrows raised and gave a hint of curiosity.

Right, I learned ten things in my encounter with love, they call. It isn't established, it happens. Where you finally see yourself empty enough to be lost, that is when love is. And my love is you.

One, there are billions of people you will have a chance to meet and one will always be chosen to fill the missing pieces of yourself. A person who will let the world mean to you, it's the one.

Two, years were apart. I was older. But you seemed a lot more cultured. In those years I lived ahead of you, effortlessly, you earned them just when you were two.

Three, we crossed three times. I met you and never did I realize you will be. Our first rendezvous meant the usual. Second allowed me to recall your name. In the third time our eyes met, I knew you'd be cute.

Four, there were four people who witnessed how much I have grown to love you. I was clueless of how I was feeling until I was brought to the existence of falling in love. I am, with you.

Five, we have been into a relationship for five years. It broke my heart when you finally told me you've given up. I couldn't blame you. But I wanted to be there until the last day you have decided to leave.

Six, I couldn't sleep for six weeks. I was in distress, lonely. I was anguish. I was a waste. I couldn't accept my life changing without you. I was at my peak. Nobody was able to handle me. I was strong, I knew. But it kept hurting.

Seven, first seven teardrops meant the most ache I shattered before I could get hold of myself. There were seven things you told me when you were about to leave. Seven people were there, you've asked to accompany me. The last seven minutes before we parted, you said, "I love you".

Eight, I travelled to the last eight destinations we have set to visit. Those were the places we were about to choose from on where should our wedding be. I went to weddings, but none of those places seemed enough I could bring you to. You are too precious, I didn't want to lose you. I took eight pictures, those always reminded me of you.

Nine, the clock its hands to nine. It was evening. It should have been peaceful. But there I was, in front of you. Pleading, I didn't want you to go. I knew you felt worse than I did. But I never surrendered to the fact of losing you. I was fighting for you. But I had to let you go. I had no choice. You suffered, we did. But you have to leave. But why must it be that early? I wanted to be with you. I have always.

Ten, I tried ten, countless, times to forget. I tried the hardest in making myself believe you were just a memory now. But in me, you still exist. It might be fading, but you owned the biggest part of my life. I grew with you. I lived with you. I learned with you. I loved with you. It isn't easy to let go, I keep on convincing myself. But I need to take a new step to move forward. For the tenth year I bind myself with you, I remembered your last favor. "Be the same and look for the special girl you will be proud of introducing to me." You smiled and it is the same memory I couldn't erase from my mind. It was the most painful. But I have to grant your wish. I have always granted my promises. But you will take away the greatest fantasies as my first love.

"Could you tell me, uncle? I don't really know who are we here for." she pointed at the picture taken ten years ago. "That's her, right?" I ruffled her hair once more and swallowed the lump forming in my throat before I could shed a tear.

I paused for a while and glanced back with a grin before answering. "She was my everything. That's your auntie, my ex-fiancé. She died ten years ago." I forced a grin and received a warm hug from the little angel.

Written by: Zelo

AFF: @RichardChoi