Perceptions

The oblivious couple

Jaekyung put her handbag down on the makeup table and stared at her own reflection. Her wavy straight hair already reach her collarbone. That made her wonder why she keeps it up because a jaekyung never keep hair longer than shoulder height. 

Maybe just maybe her bff comment last year made her decided to keep it for now.

'I think u will looked amazing donning long hair Jae. Thought i never see that.'

Ong threw that comment casually but as usual he always affected Jaekyung in a way she never understand.

Of course best friend supports each other and compliment and tell their bff the best right?

 

Ong reached home at barely 11.15 pm and a sleepy Kang Daniel welcomed him with a sheepish smile.

' hanging out with yourrrr Bestest friend again?'

The word best coming out louder than other statement. But being an oblivious human being Ong just nodded and went to his room.

' should i just knock his head to made him realize his own feelings?' Thats what daniel thought until he goes to bed.

summer. university year 1

Daniel remember that today gonna be the day he will meet the best friend of his roommate for the next four year incoming study year. He dresses up casually as they will meet in a cafe near Seoul University. Ong told him that his bff has been studying writing in busan university and he really miss the guy.

he thought the human is a guy until a short girl appears in front of them and Ong goes straight hugging like there's no tomorrow. This doesnt look like a friendly hug but Daniel just nodded when ong keeps insisting so.

The hugs. The touch. The stares are obviously not that friendly. But jaekyung seems doesnt care much. She acts like a very good bff when she's around and Daniel comes to realize something. Maybe they are just real platonic friends.

winter. Uni year 3.

Daniel obviously getting drag to the blind date involving him and Jaekyung.

And they end up gossiping about ong instead of knowing each other.

Daniel still believed Ong likes Jaekyung more than a friend even when he always avoid the question.

 

'Yahhhhhh kang daniel wake up youre going to be lqte'.

The loud shout from the main room make daniel jolt up in seconds and sighed.

I knew i knew.

Daniel watched his housemate already in jogging pants and comfortable shirt. No work eh? 

' its tuesday why are u still in that attirr while u trying to ruin my sleep.' Ong chuckles as he toast his coffee cup in the air.

' the project just ended and i got a weekkkk leave and im going to bother Jae at works.'

Daniel laughed and said goodluck.

 

Will see how he do this time around.

 

Not only the close friends misunderstand things between them, even strangers find so.

Thats normal to both of them.