CHAPTER 5 (MINHWAN)

Strings Of Fate

KIM JAEHWAN’S POV

 

I suddenly remembered the guy on the farewell party. It’s one of those nights again. My mind would involuntarily play the same scene in my head, making me wonder if he was real. I shot up right from bed and get my one and only companion, my guitar.

I strummed my guitar checking if it was in the right tune. The sweet tune of my guitar made my inside jumps in excitement

"Ehem" i vocalized.

<bolbbagan4- tell  me you love me> * THE SONG LRYICS ARE IN ITALIC*

(You’re sitting at the same spot by the window in the bus as usual)

Every time i see the same sit you sat. My mind can't help but wonder. Who are you.

(And Hi, I say hi again to you today, You don’t accept my hi as usual)

I wanted to say hi to you when you we first met. But i think cats got my tongue that the only thing i did was to look at the floor and imagine if i had say hi would you smile at me?

(I know you’re popular and handsome but you’ve always given the cold shoulder only to me)

According to my cousin you were popular. Every people wants to be with you. But seeing how you turn down everyone. Would you do the same to me?

(But hey, you remember Last Night?  You told me you liked me)

I remember how i almost begged my cousin to give me your number but that would he creepy right?

(You Have To Know That)

I don't know what I’m feeling but i need to see you again. And say hi.

 

 

"I know you sing very well but please not in the middle of the night Kim Jaehwan" my cousin yelled from the other side of the door. I guess i got carried away.

"Yes. I’m sorry" i answered back.

"And tomorrow is your first day at school SLEEP." he yelled at me and stomped his feet.

I totally forgot that. I looked the clock and to my surprise it was already 2 am.

Whoever you are. Please let me sleep and let my heart rest.

I drowned myself with thoughts of him and let self-go into deep slumber.

And yet again i had my normal dreamless nights.

 

*alarm rings*

"Ugh" i said as i cover myself with my blankets again. And a splash of cold water woke my whole system.

"KIM JAEHWAN. WAKE UP. YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE. YOU NEED TO BE AT SCHOOL 8 AM,  IT ‘S  7:30 NOW. WAKE UP" my cousin yelled at me.

Did he say 7:30? Oh I’m going to be late.

I shot up out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

I did all my morning routine fast. And basically ran to the station.

When i got out of the train it was already 7:50. I have my bag and my guitar on my back so it was really troublesome to run.

 

I was running like a fool. Or more like a guy running for his dear life. I bumped into a guy but never looked back and said sorry. I felt a pang of guilt but i running late and my aunt will kill me if i don’t make it in time for the orientation.

Why did my mom even let me live and study with my aunt again?

But hey at least today I’m going to move to the dorms now.

I stand nervously behind the stage. It’s not my first time singing in front but it’s my new school and if i mess up i would be a laughingstock at the school for another 4 years.

When i got my cue to go to the stage. I nervously smiled at my aunt and bowed to some teachers.

I don't really know what to sing, Seriously.

I looked up at the students and there spotted him again. With a subtle shocked expression. I don’t know if our eyes met but I’ll just reach out to him thru the song.

Slowly i got into the song totally forgetting the other people around us. The world was suddenly colored pink and my own voice as its background music.

It was a picturesque scene. I like him. My mind and heart yelled at the same time.

 

After the orientation i ran to my dorm and being welcomed by the guy who made the speech just a while ago.

"Uhm.. Hey.. Im kim jaehwan" i smiled shyly.

"Heeeeyyy. Im ong seongwoo. Not gong seongwoo, ong seongwoo not hong seongwoo, ong seongwoo not on seongwoo. Im ong seongwoo" he replied to me. That was a deadass long intro but it made me laugh.

"Holy what a weird laugh" ong said while trying to stop his laughter.

"Oh well." i replied and walked my way to the bunk bed.

 after settling down.  Seongwoo suddenly stands up and do weird things making me laugh out loud.

My laugh and seongwoo’s on the spot gag was cut in half when , he creped in to the room and said his awkward hi. My heart jumped, I was lowkey happy and to break the awkward since I said “Welcome roomie!” and I earned a smile from him

 

*Back to the present day*

NO ONE WILL EVER STEAL HWANG MINHYUN AWAY FROM KIM JAEHWAN. NOT UNTIL  I’M DEAD.

I glared at seonho who was challenging me. And I the stupid one said yes to him. We agreed to play fair and have 3 rounds of it. The first round was drinking cola. The one who drinks the most earns one point or if the other one chokes it’s yours. It’s an easy thing right?

“Why don’t we start now hyung?” seonho said in full challenging tone. Oh kid you challenged the wrong guy.

I nodded at him and get a bottle of cola. “1-2-3 shot!” I yelled. While the other guys were laughing at us. yes it’s childish but if it’s the way to have seonho cling less on minhyun then I’m taking the risk.

I was looking intently at seonho who was half way done with his cola. I need breath.  But then suddenly he choked on his cola, so that makes me the automatic winner. I inwardly did a fist pump. I felt minhyun’s hand snake into my back and gently pat. It made my heart stop. Oh my god minhyun stop killing me.

After our childish fight. We carried on with eating the remaining barbeque. In the corner of my eye I saw seonho and Daniel look at each other with a look that only them can understand and my eyes trailed to seongwoo’s  arm.  I saw his most treasured bracelet. Then my eyes travelled to daniel’s arms to. In his long sleeves a bracelet crepe in to. It was strangely familiar. But I just shrugged it off.

 

We finished our impromptu barbeque outing around 9pm and our dorm closes at 11 pm. So we basically ran. We were all panting and catching our breaths when jisung hyung came to us and slapped our backs, well except for Daniel, since jisung hyung doesn’t know him yet.

“where did you all ran too? The principal was looking for you jaehwan! And I had to do a on the spot cover up.” He said to me.  I smiled at him.

“hyung we went  to eat.” I said in a whiny tone.

“and you didn’t even called me!, unbelievable” he said with a sigh.

“we are sorry hyung. We forgot” seongwoo saved us.

“oh. And who’s the new guy?” he asked while looking at Daniel.

Daniel looked rather surprised and smiled at hyung. “im kang Daniel. A transfer student” Daniel smiled again.

“ oh nice to meet you, im yoon jisung. Everyone’s hyung. But im rather close to the 5 of them” jisung said while smiling. Daniel reciprocate the smile. Daniel is such a friendly guy. It won’t be hard to fall for him.

“but seriously, it’s almost lights out, go to your rooms now!” he shooed us. we bowed at him and he just sticks his tongue out.

To summarize tonight.  It was good one and worth to be remembered.  

 

ONG SEONGWOO’S POV

 

*MORNING*

I yawned while walking thru the hallway with the rest of the guys. Jaehwan was particularly clingy to minhyun today. I guess my planned worked out a little. I smiled to my self.

We were all discussing the upcoming exam and how we should help Daniel to catch up.

“SEONHOOOO” a familiar voice shouted and it made us all look at  the tall guy running towards us.

“linlin!” seonho said back and ran to hug his twin. aw ain't them so sweet?

“EUIGEON HYUNG!” Guanlin yelled and it made me froze on the spot. Did he said euigeon?

 “LEE KUANLIN!” Daniel yelled back. Wait why did Daniel called him?

I saw the two tall guys hug in front of me and my eyes travelled to seonho who was shocked. What is this?

“euigeon hyunggg~, I didn’t know you are in korea now” he break off the hug and jumped excitedly.

“hey, I told you im Daniel now. What eui—“ he was answering guanlin with a happy expression but suddenly cut off when he realized what he was saying.

Seonho on the other hand was laughing like crazy.

“OH right Daniel hyung” he laughs “but im so accustomed to euigeon hyu—“ his mouth was covered by daniel’s hand and he was looking at me with a wide eyes.

Minhyun, jaehwan and I was in shock and I guess our mouths were open. This is shocking and it’s making me dizzy

 

SO KANG DANIEL IS MY EUIGEON? HOW IN THE WORLD. ALL THIS TIME? HE.. KANG DANIEL

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 5 END

SO. HEY! IT'S ME ELLIE LMAO. HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE. I KINDA CHANGED SOME WRITING STYLES SO PLEASE TELL ME IF IT'S OKAY :D AND FOR NOW I AM THE ONE WHO WILL BE UPDATING THE FIC SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME. TIFF WOULD BE ON A SHORT HIATUS THUS IM BASICALLY ALL ALONE IN FINISHING THIS NOW T.T,  BY THE WAY IF SOME OF YOU WANTS TO TALK TO ME OR  TIFF, WE ARE BOTH IN TWITTER. (@TIFF_BJY) AND ME (@HEONITENNEY) WE REPLY IN DMS AND MENTIONS AND FOR FOLLOWBACK PLEASE MENTION US AND I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO TALK TO YOU ALL <3

 

I HOPE YALL LIKED THE WAY I REVEALED IT HAHHA. IM NO INTO ANGST WAY LMAO AND THE BOOK IS NEARING TO IT'S END~ T^T 

THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SILENTLY READ AND ACTUALLY INTERACTED WITH US! I LOVE YALL AND HAVE A NICE DAY <3