Little Angel

Becoming a dad

"Then how about i just fire her?" Eun Hyuk grabbed the hair at the back of his head in frustration.

 

They were currently in a meeting and Ji Wook happened to join them one fine day when he was able to go home early. Since Eun Hyuk replaced Ji Wook's position in the firm and with Mr. Bang returning as prosecution investigation officer, he had no choice but to take charge and deal with distribution of cases as well.

 

"That's a brilliant idea!" Mr. Byun readily agrees. He had never been vocal or showy about it but he adored Bong Hee a lot especially now that she was carrying his grandchild. The girl was just too fun to tease with and she knows how to put Ji Wook in his place.

 

"Now i'm starting to like you."  Ji Wook recovers from his previous frown and smiles at him.

 

Eun Hyuk sighs. The father duo refused to give cases to Bong Hee, even the simplest that were available, claiming that she should not be stressed while pregnant.

 

"So are you expecting me to work and earn money for this firm alone???" he questions them with disbelief.

 

The duo looked at each other and cleared their throats, refusing to give any more comments.

 

Bong Hee's awkward laughter breaks the tension as she looks at Ji Wook and Mr. Byun with pleading eyes. "i want to work. I can't just sit around all day for the next what, eight months!"

 

"You won't just sit around, there's some programs and activities for pregnant women that you can attend which can help with childbirth you know." Mr. Byun enthusiastically explained. "Your mother-in-law knows some good places where you can enroll into."

 

"Jagiya..." she looks at Ji Wook, hoping that he'll give way to her pleads.

 

He looks at her and frowns. He really didn't want her to take on cases anymore since he clearly knows her bad habit of stressing too much about her cases that she fails to take care of herself.

 

"How about she be the chief secretary and paralegal for this firm at least until she gives birth and able to come back to work as a lawyer?" Eun Hyuk finally suggests. He'll satisfy them if it's work that would only require her to work inside the office right?

 

Ji Wook grew silent and Mr. Byun looked at him for a decision.

 

"And we really need to hire additional lawyers for this firm." Eun Hyuk emphasized. They weren't able to hire new lawyers last year because of Ji Wook's jealousy and him insisting that they could take smaller cases that doesn't demand too much workload. Eun Hyuk won't back down this time especially if it meant he would be working alone. "I'll interview them myself."

 

"Jagiya.." Bong Hee shot him a determined and expectant face. Surely, she was capable of such workload or else she'll make a scene if they still refuse to let her work.

 

Ji Wook sighed in resignation. "Ok fine."

 

She pumped her fist in the air with a quick "Yes!" and smiled in response to Eun Hyuk's. At least they finally settled that issue.

 

Later that night, Ji Wook grabs her gently when she was about to lie down on the bed. He was sitting at the bedside while he placed his ear on her stomach as she stood.

 

"Jagiya, it's only been 5 weeks, i don't even have a baby bump yet!" she laughed and placed her hands in his shoulder.

 

"i know." he responded to her with a wide smile. "I'm just happy. I mean, wow, our baby is really there." he gently caressed her stomach and looked at her, adoration clear in his eyes.

 

She smiles and patted his head. "aigoooo, our little Cheonsa's daddy is very excited."

 

"Cheonsa?"

 

"Yep! It's our baby's fetal name." she explained with enthusiasm. "isn't it perfect? Our very own little angel!"

 

Her giggle made him want to pinch her in the cheeks. His wife was just too cute for words and to think she already thought of the fetal name for their baby.

 

"it's perfect." he couldn't stop smiling and gently placed a kiss on her lips before they lied comfortably on the bed.

 

"Thank you jagiya." she hugged him tight and burrowed closer to his chest.

 

"For what?"

 

"For earlier."

 

Ji Wook couldn't help but hold her tighter and muffle a slight squeal with a laugh. Why was she so thankful for something as small as that? Really, this human being was far too much for him.

 

--

 

The next morning, Eun Hyuk immediately went through the applications of lawyers that were previously passed to their firm. Even though they weren't hiring at that time, there was just too many new lawyers that are having a hard time looking for jobs that they keep giving out applications to different law firms, including them.

 

Mr. Byun helped him with the interviews and after a few days, they narrowed down the choices for good lawyers that they think will fit in well in the firm.

 

"Yes jagiya, they're coming in tomorrow." Bong Hee replied through her cellphone, squeezing it in her shoulder and chin as she arranged some documents for Eun Hyuk.

 

"Are they females?"

 

"No." she held her cellphone when the papers were settled in place. "They're both young males."

 

"What?!?"

 

She grimaced. They better not be too close to her and get on her husband's good side if they didn't want to be bullied at court.

 

 

 

-

 

DISCLAIMER: the first few paragraphs of this chapter up until Ji Wook's "Now I'm starting to like you" is actually a fanfiction in a form of a picture that was posted by a korean in naver/soompi and translated by @otps in twitter. I saw it this one time and it got stuck on my mind, unfortunately, i don't know who originally posted the picture but I thought it was really cute so i used it but ultimately the DIALOGUES ARE NOT MINE.

 

After that line, the rest of the story is already my imagination haha :)

 

"Cheonsa" means Angel in Korean. There's this popular tradition in Korea (also in other countries) where expecting parents give a fetal name ("Tae-myong") to their babies. It can be anything from places, countries, animals, and foods. It's usually names that have sentimental meaning to the parents.

 

Ji Chang Wook had this one episode only drama for KARA project called "Secret Love" way back 2014. He acted as a guardian angel that helped the KARA member fulfill her wish but ended up falling in love with her. So i thought Angel would be really cute as their baby's temporary name :")

 

Don't worry, the story will be a bit faster after this chap ;)