Shining Star

Becoming a dad

Ji Wook wonders why he was so afraid of becoming a dad before.

 

Everyday, he learns something new. How to properly hold a baby, how to change a diaper, how to comfort him when he's crying, and other little things that he obviously needed to learn. And the best part of it? Bong Hee was with him and guiding him all the way.

 

She actually took him by surprise. The way she naturally took in charge and knew how to deal with their baby was beyond him sometimes. She always said that she would be eternally thankful to her mother-in-law for making her attend pregnancy classes which basically also prepared her for these things. He mildly grumbled to himself that he should've accompanied her during those classes so he wouldn't have to be so at loss when the actual baby came out.

 

Ji Wook had his paternal leave for a month, with the government actually encouraging dads to take longer leaves. However, with the amount of work he had left behind, it left him with no choice but to go back to work immediately after finishing up exactly a month of his vacation after Bong Hee gave birth. 

 

He had been so depressed since he had already gotten used to waking up leisurely with no pressure of getting late for work and immediately tending to his firstborn. Bong Hee had only laughed and comforted him, saying that they'll be fine and waiting for him every night to welcome him home.

 

"Jagiya, you'll be late." Bong Hee settles his lunch box beside his bag and smiles in resignation as she sees him picking up their 3 month old baby from the crib.

 

"Aigooooo our Seong Hwan is so healthy! You keep getting heavier everyday!" Ji Wook happily exclaims as he carried him in his arms and bounced him while patting his back. 

 

"I don't think he had burped yet." she commented. Their baby usually vomits some milk whenever he hasn't burped and Bong Hee certainly didn't want his suit to get ruined so early in the morning.

 

"It's okay. Our little shining star hasn't vomited lately. His small tummy must be developing properly. Riggghhhtt??" Bong Hee giggles as he kept talking in a sing-song,high pitched tone. He always loved cuddling with him before going to work.

 

Seong Hwan lets out a cute small laugh at his father's voice which actually ended up in a fountain of white liquid shooting out from his mouth and landing on his surprised father's expensive suit.

 

Ji Wook hears her gasp and he stiffens, slowly turning his head towards Bong Hee and his face giving out a sheepish smile. "Oops..."

 

She sighs exasperatedly as Seong Hwan's bubbly giggles filled the room.

 

.

 

Bong Hee thought it was tiring. Not in a bad way though.

 

She paces back and forth in their room as she patted Seong Hwan's back gently to help him fall asleep easier. It was already nighttime but she haven't finished the documents that she had to prepare for Eun Hyuk tomorrow.

 

The soft click of the bedroom door got her attention and she smiled as Ji Wook entered their room.

 

"Welcome home." she meets him with a kiss and he smiled widely at her, kissing Seong Hwan's head as well in greeting.

 

She gently places the child at the crib near their bed, covering him with a soft blanket and placing a kiss on his cheek as goodnight.

 

Bong Hee turned towards Ji Wook and places her hands on his shoulders as he placed his on her waist. They already got used to the comfortable silence, their voices a mere whisper whenever Seong Hwan is already asleep and they wanted to have a moment without disturbing him.

 

He pulls her closer and softly kisses her forehead, nuzzling her with his cheek as he hugged her tightly. 

 

"I love you." his whisper tickled her and she giggled quietly, softly slapping his chest as his gentle chuckle rumbled in his body.

 

Seong Hwan's cries made them both flinch and Ji Wook couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "I guess we weren't quiet enough this time. I'll take this. You can rest." he takes off his suit and necktie, approaching his baby with a smile. "Hi thereeee, appa's home." 

 

Seong Hwan's sleepy eyes opened slightly in recognition and Ji Wook bended over to reach out his long finger to his small outreached hand. The little one hushed and gripped his small fingers to his father's long one, the warm presence seemingly comforting him.

 

Bong Hee smiles and picks up his suit and necktie to place in the laundry basket as she went out of the room to finish her work. Her husband would always willingly take care of Seong Hwan no matter how tired he was from work. She gets the feeling that he wanted to offer their child as much fatherly love that he could in order to make up for both of their childhood which lacked the presence of a father. She was grateful but she hoped that he wouldn't get too tired from trying to be at many places at once, being the good Prosecutor and father that he was.

 

When she finished the things that needed to be done and turned off the lights downstairs, she quickly makes her way towards their room. The soft lullaby music from the speaker welcomed her and the sight of a pajama-clad Ji Wook sleeping with one of his arm outstretched and Seong Hwan mirroring his father as he slept soundly beside him was such an endearing sight that Bong Hee nearly teared up.

 

She approaches the bed and blinks away the happy tears as she places a soft kiss on both foreheads of the two men of her life.

 

If this was all a dream then she hopes that she never wakes up.

 

 

 

----------

 

NOTE: Hello!!! I'm so sorry for only updating this now and thank you very much for waiting!! :)
 
After much thought, i decided to continue this story as drabbles. It will be purely fluff, kinda short and severely lacking in plot (๏_๏). I hope you guys don't mind though (many seems to prefer fluffy! :D) i can't think of a plot that would suit the baby unless i make it angst which is probably not a good idea haha
 
So we finally meet No Seong Hwan! His name is driven from Sino-Korean. The character Seong would mean 'a star or planet or any point of light' while Hwan means 'brilliant or shining' :) i wanted this cutie to be JiBong's shining star in their life. 
 
It takes time for me to continue this fic because i literally have to do much research since i didn't want to continue this story half-heartedly. I have to understand the feeling of being a parent as well as how a baby grows up so i need to watch videos and read articles  ≥﹏≤  i apologize in advance to my readers who are already mommies or daddies if i ever make mistakes with this fic. I'll try harder to portray a good and realistic family life! ^^
In the meantime, i hope you enjoy!( ˘ ³˘)♥