One thing I know about Mingyu is...

Hey Honey! (Yah! Jagiya!)

[Note: Somi's thoughts will be written in italicized while Mingyu's thoughts will be written in bold font.]

 

It was a warm Saturday morning when Somi woke up from her deep sleep. She opened her eyes and saw that she was in Mingyu's room. Last night was not a dream. It was not a dream that her parents left her. She sat in the bed and saw the clock on the wall.

 

8:30 am

 

She went outside to help Mingyu and his parents to do the chores in exchange of her stay in their house.

She saw Mingyu at the kitchen wearing an apron preparing for breakfast.

 

It's my first time to see a man wearing apron. How cute...

 

Mingyu is busy sautéing the sliced pork meat and the spices. Mingyu noticed that someone is staring at him. He looked around and saw Somi.

"Jagiya, the meal is almost ready." Mingyu smiled at Somi.

"I'd like to help in preparing breakfast." Somi walk closer to Mingyu who is busy cooking.

"uhhm...You may set the table and call my parents, jagiya" Mingyu glanced at her and smiled.

Somi placed the bowls on the table and the chopsticks beside it. After setting the table she went outside to see Mrs. Kim watering her vegetables on their mini garden while Mr. Kim is planting new seedlings.

 

<....>

 

"This is our house, jagiya" Mingyu opened his arms like he was showing Somi the interior of their new house.

Somi and Mingyu were inside the empty house beside the Kim's Residence. The house is small, simple and it has only one room. It was the first time that someone will occupy this house ever since it was built.

"Where did you get the money to buy this house, Mingyu?" Somi looked at Mingyu full of suspicion.

"I have savings from my part time jobs" Mingyu looked around the empty house,"should we paint the walls white or light green?"Mingyu asked.

Maybe it was his savings for college.

Mingyu looked at Somi. Somi looks worried.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if it is not grand or luxurious house. This is the only house I could afford now, but if I work harder I'd be able to buy your dream house." Mingyu said because he feels bad not being able to give big luxurious house for her wife. He is just a senior student with multiple part time jobs.

"I am just worried. Is the money you used to buy this house is the same money you saved for college?" Somi felt sad that maybe because of her Mingyu can't go to college. Maybe she would be the reason why Mingyu can't go to college and reach his dreams.

"Don't worry" Mingyu holds her shoulder and hugged her reassuring her that he will find a way for everything. "I could apply for scholarship in college." Mingyu gave her a hopeful smile. "Jagiya, what is your dream house? So that I could start saving and buy you a wonderful house."

"Correction to that. It will not be only you who will be saving and earning. We are a team, right? What is yours, is already mine. Your burden is also my burden," Somi gives Mingyu a friendly tap on his arms. This caused Mingyu to smile.

One thing I know about my Jagiya, is that she's very understanding and simple.

One thing I know about my..Mingyu, I'm still not used of calling him my husband, he's very hardworking and sincere.

"So jagiya, what is your dream house?" Mingyu asked her again.

"My dream house?uhhm...A welcoming house with a mother, a father, and a baby. A house with peace and treat eachother with a warm heart. Just like your family." Somi answered with sincerity.To grow up in a broken family, this is the only thing that she wanted.

"It's a relief. I am not rich nor a successor from a wealthy family but I am happy because that is the only thing I could give you" Mingyu hugged her. She was surprised when he hugged her. She felt his sincerity.

"yah Mingyu" Somi called his attention.

"why?"

"when will we start beautifying this house?"

"now"

 

<....>

 

"what should be the color of our walls, white or mint green?" Mingyu asked.

"wait wait wait, how much is our budget?"

They are at the hardware section of the mall to buy paint, doorlock, and nails. Somi is good at budgeting and shopping. She always does the shopping and budgeting the money given by her mother.

Mingyu gave her his wallet. Somi checked his wallet how much is in it to know what to buy for their new house.

"hey look there's hottie! over there! that tall guy" Somi heard two girls at her age staring and pointing at Mingyu.

Kim Mingyu surely is handsome and smart. He is almost perfect. But nobody in this world is created by God perfectly, each one of us has their own flaw.

"Does he have a girlfriend? He looks like his alone." the other girl with a thick lipstick said."Let's talk to him! He's a catch!"

The two of them walked closer to Mingyu, who is busy scanning for showers he would like to place in their bathroom. While Somi watched the two other girls flirt with her Mingyu. She wanted to know how will Mingyu react.

"uhhm excuse me," the girl at the same age as Somi spoke first while Mingyu, who didn't notice their presence continuously looking at the shower. Then the girl with the thick lipstick tap him and that made Mingyu glance at them.

"Hi I'm Hani! and you are?" the girl with the thick lipstick started to flirt at Mingyu. Somi raced her eyebrow like she wanted to -in in their conversation but she saw Mingyu changed his gaze from warm to cold.

Mingyu didn't respond and this made the two girls are flustered.

"What's your name?" the flirty girl asked but Mingyu gave him a cold gaze. Like he is an ice prince. It was the second time he saw Mingyu with that same gaze. The first time was when she asked for his reply to Sohye's confession.

"Why?" Mingyu replied coldly and seems uninterested. This made the two girls looked at eachother like Mingyu scares them.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

If I were this two girls, I would really punch Mingyu for being snobbish and somewhat kind of jerk. But thankfully I'm not. This girls are not giving up in flirting Mingyu, I have to do something...

"I'm already married with my beautiful wife and I have one child. So if you have any questions about me, I am not interested to entertain any of it. I am busy so you may go." Mingyu replied frankly and coldly, just like how he rejected Sohye before. The two girls left angrily and murmured something about how jerk Mingyu is.

"yah Kim Mingyu!" Somi called him. Mingyu changed his cold gaze into warm one. She looked at Mingyu and smiled.

"Jagiyaaa" Mingyu came running like a puppy and hugged her.

"acting like a puppy Mingyu?" Somi smirked and looked at him suspiciously this made Mingyu pout.

"I'm not a puppy...It's just a while ago someone was trying to kidnap me" Mingyu acts like a baby. So childish but in a cute way.

"kidnap you?" Somi raised her eyebrow. Mingyu nodded.

"They were trying to know about me. They were asking if I have a girlfriend." Mingyu said honestly like an innocent child being interrogated by a police.

"and what did you told them?" Somi was going with the flow even if she had seen the whole scene.

"I have a beautiful wife and a baby. I told them not to ask questions because maybe they were here to scout me and kidnap me and make me an idol." Mingyu replied like a fool.

Jinja? He thinks that the two girls were scouting him as an idol?

"Kim Mingyu, did you really think they would scout you as an idol?" Somi asked with a serious tone to see if Mingyu was just playing dumb or he is really just clueless.

Mingyu nodded.

"There were some people asking me back then when I'm at work or even walking down the street. They were asking if I have a girlfriend then when I answered I don't have any, they would ask me if I would join them in a cafe to have a cup of coffee and it sometimes annoys me when they would start discussing or asking me if I would want to become an idol or an actor" Mingyu's expression was really clueless about everything. He honestly was not just playing dumb, he is really dumb. "I don't have to be an idol now, I have you and the baby. So I told them to go. They should not scout a married man."

Another thing I know about my Mingyu he is a fool but a very loyal person.

Aren't those two woman trying to scout me as a trainee idol?...If they will scouted me as an idol, I wouldn't be there when our baby is born. I want to be with my wife and my baby.

<....>

The world is created imperfectly so as the people living here. Imperfections makes a love perfect, and accepting makes your bond stronger. Don't try to find the perfect boyfriend or husband because it really doesn't exist. Try finding a man with full of imperfections who would make your life perfect.

 

Author's Note:

Final Exams for the first semester are finally over! *party party* I am so sorry for the late update of this story but I would try my best to make it fluffy and make SoMin to be a more lovable couple that you would want to them to end up to be together in reality hahaha. Anyways, I hope you would enjoy reading this story and subscribe it.