she was left alone

Hey Honey! (Yah! Jagiya!)

On the way to school, Somi saw an old woman who was having a hard time carrying a bag full of cabbages then suddenly a thief came to grab that woman's bag. Somi ran towards them to help the old woman. She grabs the shirt of the thief and beat him. Somi is a third degree taekwondo black-belter.

"Ahjumma, call the police" she ordered the old woman as she beated the thief and tied his hands.

A few minutes later, the police arrived and arrested the thief.

"Thank you dear" the old woman said to Somi and Somi smiled at her.

"Ahjummah, are you okay?" Somi asked.

 "I'm fine, dear" the old woman asked her and she just nodded.

"I will give you three cabbages so that your mother could make a kimchi. They say kimchi is good for pregnant woman." The woman handed her three cabbages.

"No..I'm not-" she was about to deny the fact that she's pregnant.

"It's okay, dear. You don't have to deny it. Having a baby is a blessing. I won't judge you anyway" the old woman picked her bag full of cabbages again. Somehow, Somi felt light for the fact that she was not being judged by that old woman.

"Ahjumma,Let me help you" Somi offered.

"No, I'm okay. You better go to school now because you're already late." The old woman denied the offer and smiled warmly.

Somi was about to leave but changed her mind in an instant. She can't bear watching the old woman having a hard time carrying that heavy bag.

 "Ahjumma," she called the old woman and she walks toward her. "Let me help you..today would be the last day of class anyway. They would just discuss on where to go after the class is over. I'd rather be useful than sitting there and do nothing" Somi said to the woman as she carried half of the bag of cabbages.

"You're not excelling in class aren't you?" the woman asked her with a friendly grin.

"I'm good in class, ahjumma. I'm the top in our class" Somi boasted jokingly "It's just that I'd rather be a useful citizen than to be a lazy student at school" both of them laughed.

"What is your name dear?" the woman asked.

"I'm Somi. Jeon Somi"she replied, "you ahjumma?"

" just call me Mrs. Lee "

They walked towards that woman's house to help the woman make kimchi.

 

 

<...>

 

 

 

"how many months are you pregnant, dear Somi?" Mrs. Lee asked while preparing the spices needed for making kimchi.

"2 and a half months" Somi replied as she washed the cabbages.

"Does the father of that child knows that you are pregnant?" Mrs. Lee was worried about that little girl's future even though she's not her mother but seeing the girl's fragile figure she felt worried. She glanced at Somi, who is diligently washing the cabbages. Somi nodded and gave a weak smile. Mrs. Lee was quiet waiting for Somi to speak up.

"He said he'll be responsible of his actions."She continued washing the cabbages and wiped her forehead with a towel. "He told me not to abort the child and that he would marry me when I reached eighteen."

"Does your parents know about this?" Mrs. Lee asked.

Somi shook her head and sighed.

"They don't care about me at all. Whether I'm doing fine or not. Whether I am hurting or not, they don't care." Somi tried not to cry she swallowed the big lump in pretending that she's fine with it.

Mrs. Lee sat beside her and caressed her back to comfort her. "It's okay, not to be okay dear. You may cry if you want." Somi's heart begins to heavy and tears rolled down from her eyes. She never wished that her life would be in misery her parents were fighting and in process of their divorce papers and here she is pregnant at a young age. She's seeking for a helping hand that would save her. She's drowned in worries and tired of pretending that someday everything will be fine.

When she finally poured all her pain through her tears Mrs. Lee handed her a glass full of water, "Thank you Mrs. Lee" Somi is still sobbing and gave the elder a faint smile.

"Somi be strong for yourself and for your baby. Your parents may always fight but once in their life they had loved each other and that's why they have you." the elder coaxed Somi .

"why are they fighting now? are they not in love with each other anymore?" Somi asked while Mrs. Lee doesn't know where to start her explanation to the young girl to make her understand situation.

"dear, maybe your parents loved each other too much that they ended hurting eachother or maybe they loved each other less. But dear even though your parents may or may not love each other both of  loves you very much."

"why?"

"because you are their daughter. Your mother takes care of you at her wormb. You are being born and given with a beautiful name. You are sent to school. Have faith, Somi." Mrs. Lee pressed Somi's hands to assure her that someday everything will be okay. "Someday when you are old enough you will understand."

 

 

It was late afternoon when they had finished making kimchi. Mrs. Lee has many orders from her loyal customers. After helping Mrs. Lee, Somi bid goodbye and promised to visit on weekends to help the old woman.

 

<::::>

 

 

 

 

Mingyu heard someone is crying inside the Jeon's residence. He went there again to check on Somi because she didn't went to school that day. He followed the sound of crying lady inside the house. Then he saw Somi in an empty room, pale and terrified. Somi noticed that there was a person at the door. Her eyes were filled with tears and her mind became blank.

"They left me...Mingyu, they left me." She trembled and cried her heart out. Mingyu placed her head on his shoulder then she cried like how a child cries when they were left by their parents for an unknown reason. Why did I do wrong for my parents to leave me, Somi thought over and over again. Mingyu couldn't do anything he just hugged her, to make Somi feel that she was not alone. She have him now.

After she finished crying there was an awkward silence between them. Somi was thinking what to do with her life without her parents, and what did she do wrong that her parents left her. Mingyu stood up and packed Somi's things.

"What are you doing?" Somi asking restlessly. She has no energy to argue with him.

"I'll bring you to my world" Mingyu replied and glanced at Somi with a warm smile on his face.

"your world?"she asked and raised her left eyebrow thinking that this man is weird.

" Yes, my world. Your world is toxic already. I need to save you from your world and bring you to my world to breathe." Mingyu placed Somi's things on a luggage. "Do you need this?" he was referring to her books and Somi just nodded.

"So what is your world like?" she asked. She's thinking that arguing with his silly and weird thoughts would take up too much energy so she just go with the flow.

"In my world, I can help you fix yourself and I will make you feel loved, happy and contented." Mingyu finished packing her clothes and looked at her. Somi was speechless. This man infront of her always makes her speechless not just with his looks but also with his answers.

 

 

<...>

 

 

 

Find a person who would love you at your worst and at your best. There are billions of people around the world but there is one person who would love you as who you are. A person would love you without your make up, who would love your messy hair, who would love your weirdness, and who would understand your craziness. Most of all, find a person who is willing to make you a part of his world.

 

Author's Note:

I think this is the right moment to leave an author's note. I am very thankful that you have enjoyed reading my story. I am very sorry for the slow update of the story but I will try my very best to update the story as fast as I can. I am happy that some of the readers are leaving their comments. I hope other readers would also leave a comment hehehe.

@exoxo8: thank you for patiently waiting for the updates. I am very motivated to write and continue the story.

@Rin_puii: I feel you! I also wish I was Somi...Mingyu loves her very much.

(I am thinking on what to do with my SoMin couple. I just hope that Somi and Mingyu would be casted on a drama. jebal.)

Enjoy reading! May God bless us always!