chapter 001 - the beginning

Black Paradise: Haven Returns;apply open
chapter one
chapter one
 
 
  the beginning
 
 
 Hyungwon had recevied his groups orders from Daijun as the general meeting to pass out jobs earlier this morning just making his way to his office where he called all of his underlings to come and get thier assignments. Most of them kind of already knew what they going to be doing, but he wanted to make sure that they had theri offical papers before running off especially Rowoon and Jihoon since they were the bane of his existence and caused his the most trouble. Even at times Misun was easier to control those than two boys. He walked into his office to see everyone here as he nodded to Eunseo for getting everyone here. "So I have called you today to recevie your orders for the time being until I recevie new ones from the higher ups." Hyungwon said as he moved around behind his desk as he looked at the others. He sat down at his desk just looking at the group. "So Rowoon here is your job." Hyungwon said as he watched as the younger one came to his desk just took and was opening it as he was returning to his spot. 

"Just toss mine to me." Misun said as she watched Hyungwon just outstretch his hand as he looked at her.

"No, you can come and get it like the rest of them." Hyungwon said as he watched her stomp over just snatch it from him as he turned to Eunjung who was looking at her phone just texting. "Eunjung come get your assignment. I will take your phone from you." Hyungwon said as the older women lifted her head up. 

"Sorry, Yumi was texting me about the boys." Eunjung said as she walked up to the desk as she took her assignment from Hyungwon. She opened it up as she started to read it as she heard out of the corner of her ear Hyungwon call Jihoon's name. 

"Jihoon, your assignment is connection with Misun's. Because of the sudden surprise of Changmin appearing, you two will being going to the clincil that August-nim help runs to watch Aixiang and himself. You two can leave now as I have already been breifed about your assignments." Hyungwon said as he watched them nod as they walked out. "Do not be late and make me look bad." He called out to them as he looked back at the people in front of them. 

"I am off to my job. I know my where there, so don't worry about me being late or getting lost." Rowoon said Rowoon watched Hyungwon nod as he left the room just heading to the home that he was suppose to go to protect some scribe. He didn't think that she still lived in this home and maybe it wasn't her, but he was hoping that he was her and her family had not moved at all these past years. 

Eunjung looked at Hyungwon as she sighed. "So just to make this clear, I don't have to swim or anything like that? Becasue you know being a being an fire based person, water and me do not mix well." Eunjung said as she watched Hyungwon sigh to himself as he shook his head. 

"No, Eunjung. You will not have to enter the water if you are not asked to. I am sure though that you will not have to has the person that you are protecting will not ask that of you. You should go ahead and get going so that you aren't late." Hyungwon told her as he watch her nod as she left. He was just left with Eunseo who was nodding to herself. 

"This job meeting went pretty well, don't you think?" Eunseo asked 

"I guess so if you want to class this sucessful. I mean I am just glad that Misun didn't fight me too much on her job position. Granted she probably thinks that something will happen and she will get to fight somethin. The others should be fine." Hyungwon said as he was starting to look at the papers on his desk.

Eunseo sighed as she crossed her arms. She always thought that Hyungwon was too hard on the others as they were still a young squad, but granted Hyungwon was extremely skilled and worked closey with the top tactitains within the empire. "You should have more faith in them. Maybe they would like you more if you did." Eunseo said as she looked at him

"I don't need them to like me. I need them to do their jobs." Hyungwon said as he looked at her. "Can you take these documents to the register office to order Jihoon's official uniform?" Hyungwon handed her a packet as she nodded. 

Eunseo didn't say anything as she took the packet just leaving the office. She walked down the hall way just sighing as she saw Gyumin sitting on a bench just holding two coffees. "Misun already left about ten minutes ago." Eunseo looked at him as he nodded. She watched him dump the undrank drink in the trash as he walked off not responding to her vocally. Eunseo made her way to the register office just seeing Jieun working the front desk today as they were still filling in these small positions. "I just need to drop this off from Genernal Hyungwon." Eunseo as Jieun looked from her desk. 

"Alright thanks. What is this for?" Jieun asked 

"To order one of our members an official uniform." Eunseo said as she watched Jieun nod. 

"Alright, I'll get this taken care for you." Jieun said 

"Thanks." Eunseo said as she her heel walking back to Hyungwon's office to see what other simple things Hyungwon wanted her to do. Many times when the empire wasn't in war then her job was basically just to be an assisstant and any odd jobs that might come up or take any notes for Hyungwon during meetings. She walked back into his office as he was working on paper work as she had noticed that Jean had had exited from the other side of Hyungwon's office just carrying some files with him. "Why did you meet with Jean?" She asked 

"Official business." Hyungwon said as he lifted his head up to look at her. "You can go to the assisstant's office or where ever they put you. I have a lot to do." He told her as she crossed her arms. "You are not a higher enough position to know what we talked about nor did I get clearance to tell you anything." He said 

"Okay." Eunseo said as she looked at him. She wasn't going to try to agrue with him as she knew that she wouldn't win. She left the office just heading to room where there were mutliples desks as she found her one just sitting down as she leaned on her elbow just thinking about what she should do. 

•••

Youngjin stacked another box from the truck that was near their building as they had cleared out another old storage building that had been abandonded by the empire. HE was knew it wasn't an military one as they kids were pulling out old odd medical equipment that was bloodied and some decaying. He shook his head as they were like double gloved and some using kitchen gloves or gloves that they would use to make kimchi with. He looked at Junho who was carring him another box. "This is probably an old hospital tent's storage area. None of this stuff is probably useable, but we can use it for parts or parts to repair the base or make shift weapons hidden around for our own safety. Even research if there is any creature stuff left in here." Youngjin said 

"I guess so. Most of thise stuff is just trash to us. I mean seriously, hospitals now barely even use half of the stuff we have in our own medical ward." Junho said as he looked at the older one. "I heard that they are trying to break into another one." He added as Youngjin nodded. 

"We need everything that we can get. It isn't like we can go to a real hospital or afford to get sick, or go to any store near us." Youngjin said as he took another box as he looked at Seungmin sliding another box into the large living space as Eunhee was leading how to search through everything. "Seungmin!" Youngjin barked as the younger rushed over just taking the box from him. 

"I know. I mean why can't like Jisoo go steal from hospitals or those little clinics." Junho said as he looked at Youngjin. 

"She would get herself killed. Those places are usually guarded by empire soliders so that the workers there do not treat humans or do back alley treatment for humans." Youngjin said as he looked at her. 

"I guess. Why not just befriend some creatures that do not like the empire? There are tons, my parents would pay them off to help us." Junho said as he looked at the older one as he was given a death glare that would kil if Youngjin had that power.

"You can not trust any creature no matter how much you pay them. They are evil creatures and will turn on you right in their favor." He said as he looked at the other. He watched as Junho shrugged as he handed Seungmin another box. "I think that is the last one." Youngjin told Seungmin as he watched Junho climb out as he helped him close the back as the truck drove off again. Youngjin walked inside of the room that they were unpacking these boxes as he looked at the items that were beign putting in useable like trash piles or things that they could possibily save, and other items that they could research. 

"Most of this stuff we can research it to see how it was used, but I am certain that none of this stuff was used on creatures. It looks like human blood." Eunhee said as she was looking over everything. She sighed as she picked up a few medical chart holders with papers on them. "This seems to being from hold procressing places where they would process dead humans to make food." Eunhee said as she was flipping through charts. 

"Gross." Yieun said as she opened up another box just full of medical chart holders. Some of them had papers and some of them did not. "This box just full of those medical holders. We can use these for something. I mean like break them down or something." She said as she watched a few of them nod. 

Youngjin sighed as she he looked over to the group as he sat down in a chair just remebering the other day as Gongchan had told them not to worry about Changmin being missing or has not come back yet. From that day on, they weren't allowed to leave the area nor go outside too far away from their hide out. Jisoo hadn't even been going out to do whatevery she had been doing. He watched the others help Eunhee start metal tins to try and clean some of the items that they  could use as Seungmin was mixing up some chemicals in the metal tins as they were placing the items inside. "I'll get started on supper." Youngjin said as he walked off to where they had made the kitchen at. He look inside of the kitchen as he started making something simple.

•••

Daijun entered the room where they had been keeping Changmin as he could hear the metal chart being rolled into the room behind him as he could see a few other famillar faces as Jean was already taking out a needle as he had just injected Changmin with some type of liquid as Daijun stepped throw some blood spray and small puddles. "He still isn't talking?" He asked as he looked at the others. He watched as Jean nodded as Daijun's eyes started to glow a deep aqua as his fangs enlongated as he reached out and kicked Changmin in the chest. "You are going to tell me what you know and where your little friends are. You know you have to." He said as he watched the other look up as Changmin spit out blood. 

"You already know where we are, don't you? That one with the mind stuff that messed up Yoona." Changmin said 

"I know but we dont' know who you have gathered up. I am not into killing anyone just yet as I have some other countries that I need under my control with humans running around freely. I need to keep your friends under bay until that happens." Daijun said as he looked at Changmin directly in the eyes. "How large has your group gotten back to?" He asked 

"Thirteen." Changmin spoke in a zhombie like state as he was in direct eye contact with Daijun

"You should tell me their names." Daijun said as he was told their names just seeing someone write them down as he looked at him. "I know Gongchan sent you for a reason but no one knows you've been captured because all of them think you aren't dead. I have ways of doing this tonight in their sleep. By the way we found the transmitter that you have you before you even got close to this place." Daijun said as he turned towards Jean. "Kill him and package him up as a gift for his friends." Daijun said as he walked off just heading out of the room. He looked to Natusumi as she took the notebook from the person that had been taking notes as she walked next to Daijun. 

"We coudl wipe them out right now." Natsumi said 

"No, no. Not yet. We have too many deals with other countries that i can take over so easily. They won't meet with us if we are under attack." Daijun looked at her. 

"Alright, I'll get shadow demons to start searching and make sketches of these people. Also I will get Youngjae to give me any information on these people from the school files or anything like that we have taken when we took over their schools to educate our youth." Natsumi said as she looked at him. "There are many humans still out there you know." Natsumi added

"Good for them. They can go to them and then realize that they should have come us and tried to be saved and turned." Daijun looked at her "Sumi, Haven might have returned but I won't let it succeed. Aixiang has changed the minds of many of the ones that we have captured. I mean look at Hoya already helping the research teams. Yunho is coming around and Suho has been talking to Baekhyun and Chanyeol a lot." Daijun said as he linked arms with his wife. 

"I know. Aixiang told me about her last visit with Yunho. It sounded like it went well." Natsumi said as she looked at him. "Do you want to head back to the house and eat something other than prisoners?" She asked as she watched Daijun shake his head yes as they disappeared in a dark smoke as they appeared back their palace just heading to the kitchen area to get some lunch. 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE  Hey guys, here is a little small beggining chatper for you guys. this is a main chapter and the story will contuine off form here, but the apply is still open so if you want to apply or know someone who would then they can still apply. I hope that you guys like this little small chapter!