chapter 005 - carnival pt 4

Black Paradise: Haven Returns;apply open
chapter five
chapter five
 
 
  the carnival pt 4
 
 
 Ardyn looked back at the group. "Let's go play some games." He said as he motioned them to follow him. "Keep your stuff on at all times. Do not take them off." He said as he looked at them. He swiftly moved the crowds while not going to fast for the others not to keep up. "This game is pretty easy." He said as he looked at them. "I can always win something." He added as he pointed to the ring toss game. 

"It is just ring toss," Seungmin said as he looked at Ardyn.

"Just ring toss. Sure." Ardyn said as he lined up to play. "Just watch and learn." He stepped up and grabbed the rings as the rings were different colored just corresponding to different colored bottles that were lined up. He spun one of the rings on his finger as he tossed each ring elegantly and swiftly much faster than a human should be able, but the others didn't say anything as Youngjin was a pretty fast shooter. Ardyn watched as the rings on the blue bottle froze then shattered if a red ring was on them, some grew branches, or something had flames on them. "You match the element that destroys the other." He nodded at them as he looked Kai. 

"What do you want, brat?" Kai asked as he was smacked on the shoulder by Tiffany. 

"Be nice." She said as she smiled out to the others. 

"Shouldn't you be in the water with your fish friends?" Kai asked as Tiffany glared at him. 

"Shut up, . Just do your job or you don't get paid." Tiffany handed Ardyn a prize of a stuffed seahorse. "There you go." She said

"Thanks," Ardyn said as he motioned at Yieun. "You can go next." He took the rings from Tiffany as he handed them to her.

"Okay." Yieun carefully took the rings as she remembered what each one did - kind of. She tossed them gently as she only made a few of them, but they were all correct. She made sure not to make contact with Kai when he handed her a small fish plushie. "Thanks." She said as she stepped down next to Junho as she watched Seungmin follow Ardyn's exact motions just earning him a sea turtle as he held it. 

"Beat, Junho can't do better than me," Seungmin said as he watched the other guy take the rings. 

Junho sighed as he tossed them just earning his own plushie just as big as Seungmin's plushie. "It isn't that hard." He looked at them as he looked at Jisoo tossing them easily just getting a big seahorse like Ardyn. 

"Thanks for playing," Kai said as he watched the group walk off. He looked back at Tiffany who was exiting the back of the booth. Kai watched teh group of kids again as Ardyn was guiding them along. 

"Oh, I want to play this." Seungmin handed his plushie to Yieun. He walked over to a booth that was being manned by Rowoon and Jiwoo for the time being. "Hi," Seungmin said as he looked at them. "Can I try this?" He added

"Sure!" Rowoon handed him the play gun as Rowoon watched Seungmin expertly shoot down the balloons just hitting each one easily and quickly like he was trained in this type of thing. "Wow, you're really good at this. Do you go to the military branch of the academy?" Rowoon asked 

"Yes. He does. We are classmates. All of us." Ardyn quickly spoke for them as he patted Seungmin's shoulder. "He is a really good sharpshooter." He added as Jiwoo was holding out a prize of a news charm pin. Ardyn handed it to Seungmin who bowed a little. "Do you guys want to go play that over there? I think you can win that." Ardyn looked at Yieun as he moved them away from Rowoon and Jiwoo. 

"Why did you say that?" Yieun asked Ardyn

"Rowoon is in Hyungwon's military group. They are directly under Daijun." Ardyn said, "Only military students learn to shoot like that." He added as he kept walking. "Hey, we should probably to the line for fireworks before it gets too long." Ardyn could feel Rowoon's eyes on them. He pushed them along as he gave Jisoo a look. 

"Yeah, we can't stay out all night. The others might come looking for us." Jisoo said as she walked next to Ardyn. She got in line behind him and soon Jisoo pulled Yieun to her side as they were standing on a boat just looking out at the ocean. They could see figures swimming underneath as a couple of kids ran past them just bumping into Seungmin. 

"Boys! Stop running or we are going home!" Eunjung snapped as she was in a simple red and gold hanbok as her boys were in more elaborate gold and red hanboks with a phoenix on them. "Sorry." Eunjung looked at Seungmin as she walked over to the pair of boys. 

"It is okay," Seungmin said as he turned back to the ocean as he had moved in next to Yieun just wrapping an arm around her shoulder as Junho picked it up and thew it off as he glared at Seungmin. Seungmin just rolled his eyes as he crossed her arms. "When are they going to do the fireworks?" He asked as he looked at Ardyn.

"In a few minutes," Ardyn said as he looked at Eunjung trying to wrangle her boys who looked like they had too many of Aixiang's sugary mooncakes. Ardyn swiftly picked one up as he was still learning to walk and wasn't as fast as his brother. "Noona, did you let them have too much sugar? Jisoo, chill out for your mom." He handed Jaehyun to Eunjung as he snapped at the other boy who teleported back to his mom's side. 

"Thank you for your help. I just can't say no sometimes to Aixiang's treats. They are just so good, and the boys love mooncakes." Eunjung said as she looked at the boy.

"I don't think anyone can," Ardyn answered as he patted Jaehyun's head as he yawned. "I should get back to my friends." He said as Eunjung nodded. Ardyn walked back to the others as there was a large boom as the fireworks started. There were large booms as pretty different patterns of colors and shapes were up in the sky. Ardyn looked over to others as they seemed to be enjoying themselves. "I am glad that you came too Jisoo." He looked at her as she only gave him a glare.

"Yeah well I couldn't leave these three alone and you wouldn't help us unless I came," Jisoo said to him as he shrugged. "But thanks for showing them a good time. We don't get a lot of those with Youngjin around." Jisoo said as she looked at him. Jisoo looked at Ardyn's watch. "Can you get us home?" She whispered as he nodded. "Come on guys, they are docking the ship," Jisoo said as she guided them off with Ardyn's help. She followed behind Ardyn as he moved them into an alleyway. 

"It was really nice meeting you all," Ardyn said as he waved his arms as he teleported to the spot where they had left from. Ardyn teleported himself home as he pulled his cape off just setting it on his bed as he glad that they didn't run into much trouble tonight. He hoped that Jisoo didn't get into much trouble for him sending them home.

•••

Rowoon sighed as he was helping Jiwoo clean up their booth that they had to take over for Jieun when she had to go help with the fireworks. HE couldn't stop thinking about that kid. Rowoon shook his head as he was packing up the leftover plushies that would be going to the orphanage up on the hill tomorrow as they were kids that were abandoned by human parents and often changed to become soldiers or other jobs in the empire. He looked at Jiwoo was packing up the guns and other items as he looked at Kai and Tiffany pakcing up their tent as Misun was taking down the tent with Jihoon. "Jiwoo, did you think those kids with Ardyn were a little odd?" He asked as he looked at her. 

Jiwoo turned her head towards him as she shook her head. "I don't think so. He might just be a good shooter. Wait, are you jealous that he can shot better than you?" Jiwoo asked as she laughed a little. 

"Of course not!" His cheeks burned as he dropped the guns into the box. "I just think that they didn't learn that at the academy. We don't learn to shot like cops." Rowoon said as he looked at her. "Maybe he is in the civil-military," Rowoon said as he shrugged. 

"Probably. Anyway, we need Misun to help take down this tent." Jiwoo said as she started to walk over to the girl as she waved to Misun. "Hi, Misun." She said, "Can you help us take down this tent?" 

"Yeah, of course." Misun walked over as she was helping Rowoon taking down the tent. Misun set down the tents as she looked at the pair. "I am supposed to bring Jihoon and you to Hyungwon and stuff. We also need to Eunjung. Hyungwon wants to talk to us." Misun said as she looked at the pair of boys. 

"I can't leave Jiwoo alone." Rowoon looked at Misun. 

"She can come along I guess," Misun said as she watched Eunjung walking with two little boys. "Hey Eunjung! Come here!" Misun yelled as she watched the older woman turn around and look at them. Misun waved them over as she watched Eunjung head over to them. "We have a meeting with Hyungwon. We have to leave now." Misun said as Eunjung looked at the two boys in her arms. 

"I need to get my boys home. They should be in bed by now and everything. They would just get in the way." Eunjung said as she looked at them. 

"I have a friend that I could call. She babysits a lot. She should still be here. She was helping Tiffany tonight." Rowoon pulled out his phone just texting someone as a sparkle of snow came behind Eunjung as Yumi appeared. 

"What did you need?" Yumi asked Rowoon was she waved to Jihoon who are glaring down Rowoon. Yumi sighed as she turned back to where Rowoonw as pointing at. Yumi turned around as she looked at Eunjung. "Oh, Unnie! Why are you here?" She asked 

"I have a meeting with Hyungwon. I need someone to watch the boys." Eunjung sighed as she looked at Eunjung. "Do you mind? You totally do not have to." Eunjung said as Yumi shook her head as she took Jaehyun out of Eunjung arms. 

"I do not mind. You know that. I just don't know where to take them right now. Your house is pretty far from here." Yumi said as she patted Jisoo's back as he was starting to yawn. 

"I can take them home. I just finished packing up the car." Donghae walked over as he looked at them. "You look nice Eunjung." He added

Eunjung blinked as she only bowed her head little. "Thanks." She said as she looked at the others. "Oh, yes thank you that will work. Sorry, what you said threw me off. Okay, let's go." Eunjung said as she started to walk as Misun grabbed her am. 

"It is this way, unnie," Misun said as she pulled Eunjung along as she covered her face as she sighed. 

"I just made myself look like an idiot." Eunjung sighed to herself. 

"I don't think he minded. I mean he chuckled said you're cute." Jiwoo said as she looked at the older one. "Do you like him? Because he likes you." Jiwoo said as Eunjug shook her head. 

"We are just friends, I think." Eunjung spoked as she shook her head. "I have to focus on my boys and my job before I ever think about dating again. Plus I need to finalize my divorce." She added as she patted out her hanbok a little.

"You shouldn't waste your time on men. All they do is betray you and break your heart." Misun said as she crossed her arms. 

"I don't think you should give up on love. Everyone finds their special person eventually." Jiwoo said as she took a glance at Rowoon as he was talking with Jihoon about something as Jihoon shrugged not really caring. 

When they arrived at Hyungwon's office, Eunseo had just arrived as well just wearing a nice hanbok herself as she opened the door to the office as Hyungwon was working on paperwork at his desk as he looked up at them. "Jiwoo can wait outside," Hyungwon said as Rowoon gripped onto Jiwoo's hand. 

"No. She can stay in here." Rowoon said as Jiwoo removed her hand from Rowoon's grip. 

"It is okay, Rowoon. I can wait outside." Jiwoo said as she walked out of the office just sitting outside as she heard the door shut. 

Hyungwon gave one look to Rowoon that that made his tail flip under beneath his legs. Hyungwon made a motion to sit down as the others did. "We have an very important mission from Daijun-nim." Hyungwon started as he looked at them. "We are tasked with capturing and learning about Haven. Daijun thinks that we can do this since we have already captured one. This will be a back burner mission until they completely attack us, but right now we will just patrol for them and gather intel. I want Misun and Jihoon to put this as their main mission while the others will assist as they can." Hyungwon said as he watched each of them nod back at him. "You can only kill them if they attack first or it is the only option. Capture is the main target." Hyungwon said as he handed over some files. "This all the intel that we have so far. They broke Changmin down and he said they have new members, but wouldn't give any names. They are working on Sunny right now. I am going down to observe the intel gathering tonight. Anyone is welcome to join me." Hyungwon said 

"I have to get home to my boys," Eunjung said 

"I have to take Jiwoo home," Rowoon said 

"I'll go," Misun said 

"You already know I have to go," Eunseo said as she looked at Jihoon. "You should come along. You are the only that captured her." She said as the other nodded his head. "Great then let's break here and head out," Eunseo said as she looked at Hyungwon who nodded. She left Hyungwon's office as she watched Eunjung, Rowoon, and Jiwoo walked off as they walked towards the elevator that would take them down the basement. "Should I change first?" She asked Hyungwoo looked her over. 

"Why? It isn't like your wearing anything important or that good looking." Hyungwon commented as Eunseo gritted her teeth and clicked her tongue against the roof of . 

"I think you look nice, Eunseo," Misun answered as she shook her head at Hyungwon. 

"Thanks," Eunseo mumbled as she watched Hyungwon enter the elevator just looking at his phone. She crossed her arms as her ears folded over on her head as she stared at the doors of the elevator. The doors opened up and she let Hyungwon walk ahead of them as they followed him. She watched Hyungwon scan his id badge as they entered the restricted area. She didn't come down here a lot only when she had to. She could see the labs experimenting on things, the cages with come blood stains, and she finally looked at the human woman sitting on a metal bench in a cell as Baekhyun and Chanyeol were watching her.

"Where are Jean and Daijun?" Hyungwon looked at them. 

"They will be here shortly. Jean had to take Aixaing and August home. Daijun is with Natsumi, so he probably won't come cause you know." Chanyeol said 

"That is fine. Has she spoken anymore from earlier?" Hyungwon said as he picked up a chart. "I see that someone attended to her wounds. Did they extract some blood?" Hyungwon asked 

"They tried but they said that she tried to bite them." Chanyeol said "Everyone is at the festival so -" Chanyeol was cut off. 

"Call nurse and tell them to bring suicide watch restraints and a gurney. It should allow them to draw blood easier and Jihoon can use some magic to calm her." Hyungwon peered at Chanyeol. "I understand that she used to be a friend of your's but you work for me now. We don't give them mercy." Hyungwon snapped the metal chart shut. 

"Sorry, general," Chanyeol said as he crossed his arms. "It is just -" Chanyeol started 

"I really don't care that you once human. She's out to kill us all and should be dead." Hyungwon bluntly looked at Chanyeol. "If you can't do this then you can leave. I'll just wait for Jean." Hyungwon said as Chanyeol glared at him. 

"You're just like him. Sometimes being a little compassionate and understanding is helpful." Chanyeol said as he walked off. 

"You called for someone?" Sehun asked 

"Yes, Jihoon and Misun - go help Dr. Sehun." Hyungwon turned to Eunseo. "I need you to go get some more paperwork to put in her chart. These haven't been updated tonight." Hyungwon said as he handed the chart to Sehun. Hyungwon watched Jihoon flick his wrist as Sunny stopped resisting as Sehun showed Misun how to put her in the bed and cuffs as Sehun was writing some stuff down. Hyungwon turned to the door as Jean walked in. "We are just getting ready," Hyungwon said 

"Good, finally got some sense down here and got her controlled better than before," Jean said as Minhee came in after him. "Sehun, we will call you can down when we are finished," Jean said as Sehun nodded as he left. Jean watched Jihoon snap again as Sunny woke up. Jean moved around them as they left the room as he patted Sunny's shoulder. "So let's start over. We know about your new group and that you let two others escape and you let yourself get captured. We know how many new members that you do have. You can save yourself by telling us their names. You might just become a blood donor." Jean said 

"Go to hell." Sunny said "All of you." She said as she looked back at Jean. "I am not telling you anything. Just kill me." She said as she watched Jean glow a bright gold as Sunny held her head. "Get out of my head, Jean! Get out, get out!" Sunny screamed as Sunny clenched her fists together as her eyes rolled in the back of her head as touched her forehead. 

"Youngjin, Kihyun, Seungmin, Junho, Eunhee, Yieun, and Jisoo are the names so far that they have recruited." Jean opened his eyes as he lifted his hand. "Minhee, go ahead and get your team ready to process her away. That is all I could gather from her head. Kyuhyun in the lab might be able to extract more if you give her brain to him." Jean said as Minhee nodded. "Did you write all that down?" Jean looked at Hyungwon. 

"Of course. I'll get to work right away on putting profiles on these individuals. I will start looking at old human military files that we have scanned in and at old high school records." Hyungwon said as he looked at them. 

"Rowoon said that they were was an odd group of high school students at the festival. They were wearing fairy made traditional clothing." Jihoon said, "He said one of the boys was an excellent shot and he said was almost trained in shooting as a police officer would be." Jihood added 

"If they were wearing fae clothing then that means they are citizes of the fae lands that Sooyoung controls. We are at peace with them." Jean said 

"Rowoon said something was off though. His inutution is usually always right." Misun said, "Can fairies mask humans?" Misun asked

"They can but it is illegal and Sooyoung won't piss off Daijun when she is about to Zhoumi on her side," Jean said as he shook his head. "If you see them again, question them but for now just let it go. Teens from the fae land are always crashing our festivals, charming other teenagers from here, and having a good time." Jean said 

"But they were with Ardyn." Misun said, "Isn't he charm resistant due to the whole noble pureblood vampire stuff?" She asked 

"He's a guy. He probably likes ones of the fairies. Men will do anything for something they fancy." Minhee looked at Jean as he pushed out Sunny's gurney. 

"You're going to pick a fight in front of them?" Jean asked her

"Why not? We've fought in bigger crowds." Minhee turned around. 

"Not here." Jean sighed. "We've talked about this. It is my job and she's married." Jean said 

"Like that will stop our kind." Minhee stompped out as Jean sighed. 

"Sorry, she's annoyed." Jean turned to them. "You all start on those profiles and I'll finish up with Sunny. Sorry, that is this wasn't more eventful. My powers sometimes take the fun out of things, and Sunny would never open verbally." Jean told them. 

"We did a good blood sample so the lab can run tests to see where the blood has come in contact with." Hyungwon nodded to him. "And these are names will be very helpful," Hyungwon said as he motioned for them to leave. "Have a good night, Jean," Hyungwon said as Jean nodded towards them as they walked out. 

Jihoon read over the names that he was reading from Hyungwon's clipboard. He swore he had heard a few of those names tonight while patrolling. Maybe he was just making it up to bring something useful to them. He shook his head as he did know that Sunny had said for Kihyun to get the hell out right before he captured her. "That Kihyun person was with Sunny when we took her. He must have escaped and she did not." Jihoon said 

"Yes, that was in the report that was given to me." Hyungwon said "That must mean that their base is close that storage area and closer to the fae lands since you all are not allowed to search in that area. They are helping Haven members, but it is not illegal since fairies allow humans to live freely among them." Hyungwon said as he looked at them. "I'll make the report anyway that fae land is the reason Haven can escape our clutches so easily," Hyungwon said as he looked at the time. "Alright, you all are dismissed. It is late. Return home and get some sleep." Hyungwon said as he walked off to his office. Hyungwon shut his office door as he sat down just starting to research the names that they were given tonight. 

 

 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE  Hey guys, I hope that you like this chapter. Things will start kicking off now.