A Fever Never Hurt Nobody

The Thoughts and Ramblings of a Gryffindor

It's been three days since Minghao caught an awful cold, his body was thin and frail but he was always the type to never get sick. He was in his own room in the Slytherin dorms, bedridden and sickly. He watched as his roommate Jihoon get ready for class.

 

"Hyung." Minghao says weakly, the older Slytherin looked over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow to ask what was the matter. "Could you bring me some soup when you get back?"

 

"Sure. But I don't know if i'll go back here immediately, I'll just ask one of my friends to drop by." Jihoon says, fixing his hair before gathering his books for class.

 

"Thank you, hyung." Minghao's voice cracked a bit. He knew it was a bad idea to go swimming in the Black Lake. It was just a silly prank anyway. He pretended to drown so that Seungcheol would save him and once he was swiftly saved by the Gryffindor hero, he laughed as a confused look on Seungcheol's face was plastered across. 

 

Minghao had a teeny smile on his face, it was so funny. Somehow, recalling the memory made him feel a little better. He's been in bed for so long, he just wanted to get better so he can finally annoy the heck out of that Gryffindor. Minghao loved seeing Seungcheol get riled up, it made him laugh endlessly, but of course, Minghao also loved seeing Seungcheol smile and laugh.

 

He noticed that ever since he got sick, his mind would only think of that particular Gryffindor the whole time. Not like he was complaining, after all, Minghao really liked him. But he just didn't want to feel all fuzzy and warm inside. It wasn't because it was not his aesthetic, but because he was afraid of letting his feelings grow deeper.

 

Being a Slytherin, and carrying a name that basically made Hogwarts, it was hard for him to trust anybody. It was difficult to make friends, and it took him some time before befriending Jihoon and the rest of the people he usually hangs out with. But it was scarier for him to develop deep feelings towards someone. Especially a muggleborn.

 

But of course, if Minghao actually gave a decent thought about his feelings for the headboy, he wouldn't care about all those titles. Minghao gave a mocking scoff, what was he even thinking? Obviously he was too sick to even think of these things at the moment. His sleepy eyes drooped down, letting himd rift off to get a few hours of sleep.

 

A small knock on the door woke Minghao from his rest. He slowly fluttered his eyes open, he looks at his bed side clock. The Slytherin groaned, his fever wasn't going down, his head was pounding and add to that, he already slept for three hours. Minghao didn't like naps that takes more than an hour, he feels so unproductive when he oversleeps. 

 

"It's open.." Minghao says, his voice hoarse. He tried to pull himself up, letting his back rest on his head board. The air in the room felt weird, the person knocking on the other side was taking too long to enter, Minghao was sure it wasn't his roommate. But it didn't take too long as the dark wooden door opened. 

 

"....Jihoonie told me to bring some soup.." 

 

Minghao's eyes widened in shock, it was him. That voice. Of course, he could recognize that voice. Seungcheol gingerly walked inside with a bowl. He awkwardly closed the door and placed  it on the side table near Minghao's bed. Of all the people, why did it have to be Choi Seungcheol?

 

The Slytherin hated the situation. He didn't want the Gryffindor to see him so weak and helpless. He watched as Seungcheol made his way to the end of the bed, politely putting his hands together.

 

"Thank you.." Minghao says.

 

"No problem, I was free anyway." Seungcheol's grin made Minghao's insides churn. 

 

"You're not going to scold me?" Minghao asks, "After all, I got sick because I pulled a prank on you." 

 

"Why would I?" Seungcheol asks, "There's no use scolding a person who knows the reason why they are in their current situation right now. Besides, I'm in no place to scold you whatsoever." 

 

"But you scold me on lots of things." 

 

"Well..." Seungcheol shrugs, "Those were the times you deserved it."

 

Minghao chuckled. It's been a long three days since he had a laugh. He looked at the Gryffindor he kept on talking about cheering him up and it just made Minghao's usually cold heart melt in to a puddle. Somehow, Minghao's eyes got darker, his limbs took control and slowly but surely, Minghao got himself off of his bed. He dragged his lanky body all the way to the end to meet the headboy.

 

Seungcheol noticed Minghao was walking up to him, worried he caught Minghao's shoulder. "Are you okay? You really shouldn't be up." Seungcheol placed a hand on Minghao's forehead, he was piping hot, "You're on fire!" Immediately, Seungcheol aided the Slytherin back to his bed. He effortlessly, placed Minghao back, tucking him in with the blanket. 

 

Suddenly, Seungcheol felt a tug. His necktie was held by the sickly Slytherin and before he even realized it, He felt soft, hot lips on his. Seungcheol's big eyes grew bigger, the feeling of Minghao's soft lips made him red as a tomato. The Gryffindor immediately pulled off, looking at the Slytherin that looked he had fallen asleep. Seungcheol's heart was ready to burst out of its seams, his lips tingled at the feeling. 

 

"....It's the fever.." Seungcheol convinced himself. Looking lost, he tried to straighten out his uniform, and fix his hair before scrambling out of the Slytherin's bedroom. The people in the Slytherin common room laughed as a red and frantic Gryffindor headboy ran all the way out of their dorms. 

 

Meanwhile the Slytherin had the reddest ears, he slowly pulled the blanket off revealing his red face. "Stupid." He says under his breath, it was definitely not the fever.