Books and Snogging

The Thoughts and Ramblings of a Gryffindor

Choi Seungcheol, Headboy scrunched up his nose, leaned on the big tree and released an exasperated sigh as if he has been through a lot that day. But that wasn't right at all; It was an oddly free day, his schedule wasn't packed and all his projects are done just in time for their deadlines. His ears perked up and twitched as the sound of mouths lapping at one another disturbed his peace. Seungcheol looked over to his left, ah, how can he forget about his gracious friends? Jihoon and Mingyu were making out on the green grass in broad daylight. 

He looked over to his side, another troublesome person was with him. But the noise the guy emitted were a few hums and pages turninf every now and then. Seungcheol and Minghao were dragged by the couple to accompany them to hang out in the grassfield but it just so happens that both of them were a little too need at that time of day. 

 

"Please tell me they will stop soon." Seungcheol plead.

 

"I doubt it." Minghao replied his eyes were glued on the words of the book he was reading.

 

The headboy was still not getting along with the Slytherin beside him, but a few exchanging of words was not a bad thing. He could finally hold a few sentences or two, he's been awfully awkward around Minghao that he was afraid that he was being obvious with his crush. 

 

Seungcheol could see his close friend, Jihoon being so out of character. Well, he already knew he had it in him but he didn't know he was this affectionate towards Mingyu. The headboy clicked his tongue in disdain,at least it wasn't like the old days where they would just look at each other from across the room and just flirt with their eyes. It was unbearable to be honest.

 

"Yah."

 

Seungcheol looked to his side and gave a questionable look, "Yah? I'm older than you, don't forget that."

 

"Do you believe in love?" Minghao completely ignored what the Gryffindor said, his eyes still fixed on the book he was reading.  Seungcheol could tell he was immersed by the literary work in his hands as he never even spared him a glance the whole time they were together.

 

"W-What... all of a sudden." Seungcheol was taken aback by the sudden question, "Why?" He had hoped he didn't sound to eager.

 

"You're answering my question with another question?" Minghao chuckled for a bit, "That's so like you."

 

"You?" Seungcheol repeated Minghao's way of speaking, he can't believe he was still using the informal way of talking to him.

 

"Anyway, answer my question. Do you believe in love?" Minghao continued to ask.

 

"Love?" Seungcheol sounded a little too stiff as he scoffed in the most awkward way possible, "What is that?"

 

"I guess you're that bitter type who hasn't found a lover yet." Minghao sounded disinterested as well as mocking.

 

"Y-Yah! I'm not." Seungcheol protested, "I mean, I dated Jeonghan before."

 

"........." Minghao was silent at first before replying, "Yeah and you two broke up."

 

"It is what it is." Seungcheol shrugged, "To be fair, he was my fist real love."

 

"Is that so?" Minghao cocked an eyebrow up.

 

"Yeah." Seungcheol sighed remembering the good ol' times. He and Jeonghan dated for a brief matter of time, but broke it off because of different priorities. He became headboy while Jeonghan became one of the quidditch aces. Seungcheol widened his eyes, panicking as the thought of Minghao misunderstanding him filled his mind, "Err-- I don't have any feelings for him anymore- I mean, we're friends and I love him but not in that kind of way-"

 

"Settle down, lover boy." Minghao closed his book and finally, those wonderful brown eyes looked at Seungcheol's. "I was just asking."

 

"Why are you being nosy all of a sudden?" Seungcheol's ears were turning red, how can one glance from the Slytherin make him feel so flustered?

 

"No reason." Minghao gave a sly smile. A smile that melted Seungcheol's heart into mush. Seungcheol just can't take his eyes off of the inticing Slytherin, he looked so... beautiful. His hair, his eyes, his smile, his skin; Minghao was perfect. Seungcheol's eyes travelled from Minghao's smile to the book he was reading, Seungcheol read the title out loud, "A Pureblood's Guide to Snogging a Muggleborn." 

 

Instantly, Seungcheol's pale skin turned bright pink. It was no use hiding his embarrassment as the sun shone brightly above them. He wanted to burst into small dust particles and disappear. He was frozenon the spot as he hears Minghao laugh at him.

 

"WHY ARE YOU READING SUCH AN INDECENT THING?!" Seungcheol exclaimed.

 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Minghao winked at him playfully, having fun with teasing the older Gryffindor. 

 

Seungcheol was definitely not going to survive this day, he just knows it.