Yule Balls and Spiked Pumpkin Juice

The Thoughts and Ramblings of a Gryffindor

It was finally that time of year. Everyone gathering in one place, throwing on their best robes and secretly hoping to have a dance with their respective crushes. The Yule Ball is a tradition in the TriWizard Tournament. It is a formal dance held on Christmas night. With the tournament in his head, Seungcheol could barely focus on the event. He didn't expect to be called out when the contenders were being picked. Being the head boy was hard enough, having the burden of representing his country in the wizarding community put more weight on his shoulders. 

Seungcheol was dressed nicely. Hair gelled and pushed back, eyes big as ever, a slight tint of pink on his lips; Seungcheol looked dashing. He had black robes on, modern and crisp.Although the god awful opening dance didn't spare him from his friends laughing at him, at least he could wash his worries away by drowning himself in pumpkin juice. He kinda felt bad for leaving his dance partner with her own friends, but he clearly needed some time to himself.

He looked over the dance hall to see his friends having the time of their lives... well, some more than others. Mingyu, a Gryffindor and Jihoon, a Slytherin were dancing away on the sidelines. Seungcheol could also see Jeonghan talking to his date, she was petite and a little bit tan. The headboy chuckled as he never saw his friend saw nervous in front of someone. Seokmin struggling as he ate too much. Vernon and Jisoo were atrosciously doing dab battles. It was nice having his thoughts being calmed down by his friends. It was therapeautic.

"Sunbae." A familiar sounding voice rung in Seungcheol's ear. The head boy's eyes looked to where the owner of the voice was and instantly gulped his last sip of juice.

"... Mingha- Minghaoou." Seungcheol had trouble pronouncing Minghao's real name. Minghao, with his black inners and maroon robes looked like a prince... a dangerous prince that is. 

Minghao chuckled at Seungcheol's struggle, "Call me by my Korean name."

"Myungho..... What do you want?" For a moment Seungcheol got a bit .. distracted.

"Ah so cold, as always. I just wanted to wish you luck in the tournament." Minghao joked, he found it entertaining how Seungcheol looked so cautious around him.

"I wouldn't be so cold if you just stop being a headache." Seungcheol reprimanded.

"Now, what fun would that be if I stopped?" Minghao's fox like smile made Seungcheol's heart skip and it made him look more uncomfortable with the situation. 

"For starters..." Seungcheol raised a brow, he tried to look as composed as he can. With a heavy tone to his voice he immediately took a few steps forward, nearing the slytherin. As he was taller, Seungcheol looked down to meet Minghao's eyes with a stoic look on his face. Meanwhile, Minghao continued to wear his smile, he looks back at Seungcheol as if he was observing him. 

"You can stop spiking the pumpkin juice, then we'll have some fun." Seungcheol leaned in close enough that he could feel Minghao's breath on his neck. He reached out his hand on Minghao's back to get the bottle of vodka from behind. Seungcheol felt a bit of shiver run down his spine, they've never been so ...physically close before. It was nerve-wrecking.

"Impressive." Minghao gave a cheeky smile.

"You underestimate me." Seungcheol scoffed, "This amount won't faze me." He wasn't lying but the situation between him and the Slytherin made it a bit difficult. 

"Well..." Minghao steps to the side to see Seungkwan already on the floor, ears red as can be and lazily talking to no one. Minghao's eyes diverted back to Seungcheol and said, "Well, as I was saying...." He tip toed for a bit, only to reach Seungcheol's ear. With a small growl he says, "Good luck." He gives one last smile before leaving the premisces, leaving Seungcheol frozen once again on the spot. 

It took a while for Seungcheol to come back to his senses. He walked all the way out of the hall and on to the staircase with the bottle of vodka still in his hand.The thoughts of the Slytherin continued to cloud his mind and what made it worse is that somehow, he felt energized by those two words Minghao said to him. His palms were sweating profusely, the cold night felt like a hot summer day to him and his heart continuously pounding aggressively inside his chest. Seungcheol looked left and right, taking caution before taking a quick sip of vodka. After all, he needed it.