Inside the Broom Closet

The Thoughts and Ramblings of a Gryffindor

It was supposed to be an easy going day for the head boy. He was supposed to check on everyone before lunch and meet up with his groupmates to study for Herbology but why was he being held captive inside a dark broom closet by no other than Xu Minghao? He was walking by the hall way, ready to go to the library when all of a sudden he was pulled by an extreme force. He was about to retaliate with his fists when all of a sudden, the lights and Minghao was in front of him.

 

"What the heck are you do-"

 

"Shhhhh!" Minghao hushed, he was out of breath, his bangs were all over the place and droplets of sweat rolled down the side of his cheeks. What was he doing that made him all sweaty? Seungcheol could see the panic and haste in his eyes, but he couldn't help but look a little longer than he should. Seungcheol could feel his heart beat going faster and faster, the scent of Minghao's hair wax wafted to his nose and it made him turn into a shy shade of pink. It was not looking good for the gryffindor.

 

Minghao looked at the small space under the door to monitor footsteps. He had one arm on Seungcheol and the other on the wall. What made the situation worse was that Seungcheol was enjoying it and if he was really out of his mind, he would flip Minghao over and kiss him right then and there. But Seungcheol was just wishful thinking. 

 

"Your heartbeat is so loud that I could hear it from here." Minghao chuckled in which Seungcheol turned red for.

 

"Why did you drag me here in the first place?" Seungcheol tried to change the topic.

 

"Jun hyung wanted me as a guinea pig for his Transfiguration class and he's been looking for me for about an hour now." Minghao explained, "I just dragged you in here just for fun." He snickered.

 

"Doing this to the headboy?" Seungcheol widened his eyes, his palms were starting to sweat. "I'll let the Professor know to get points from your hou-"

 

"Oh shut up." Minghao looked damn y, Seungcheol cursed in his mind. "I bet you secretly like me."

 

Seungcheol looked like he wanted to bury himself down to the black lake and never come back. This time, his mouth turned dry like the desert and his ears were llike tomatoes in full bloom.

 

"Aren't you the one who has a thing for me?" Damn, Seungcheol and his mouth again. He was just making the situation worse for himself.

 

"And what makes you say that?" Minghao smirked.

 

"You go through lengths to annoy me, you try to get my attention by doing stupid things like spiking the pumpkin juice bowl." Seungcheol scoffed, a lopsided smirk began to form on his lips but he just wished he would just shut the hell up just like what Minghao said to him earlier. "The way you are looking at me right now is a dead give away too." 

 

"Dare to continue?" The slytherin challenged the gryffindor, crossing his arms as he leaned on the wall, waiting for Seungcheol's response. 

 

"Your eyes look like they' want to know what's under my robes. I know those eyes all too well. The girls do that to me too whenever I pass by." Seungcheol wasn't exactly boasting, more like, telling Minghao what he observed. After all, Seungcheol is popular with the ladies. Seungcheol stood tall, his eyes locked on Minghao's, he doesn't even know where the heck he's getting his confidence from.

 

"An interesting hypothesis." Minghao moved in closer, their eyes were still on each other. The tension in the air thickens and the silence between them in a tight broom closet made it more nerve-wracking for Choi Seungcheol. Seungcheol is internally praying inside his head, he just wanted to go through the day without any mishaps. Instant regret flooded his mind, why did he have to be a smart about it? Minghao was dangerous.

 

Seungcheol looked calm and collected on the outside but Minghao didn't seem to stop as he continued to move in closr and closer until there lips were almost touching.It was close enough for Seungcheol to see Minghao's beautiful eyes, it was close enough that he could feel Minghao's breath and it was close enough for him to move a single bit would mean touching Minghao's lips.

 

But the tension was cut off when all of a sudden the door opened violently. The two were greeted with a smiling Jun, oblivious of what was going on between them.

 

"There you are!" Jun smiled. "Now, help me with my transfigurations!"  It was always so scary when Jun knows exactly where his friends where at the exact time and place. There was really no use hiding from him. So why was Minghao hiding in the first place if they both know that it was inevitable that they will be found out? Seungcheol's eyes widened with the realization. Did the Slytherin plan this all along just to put him on the spot?

 

Minghao gave an innocent smile to Jun before reverting back his attention to Seungcheol and with a quick smirk he said, "Disappointed?"

 

"Barely." Seungcheol quipped. He watched as Minghao walked out of the closet and walked away with Jun. Seungcheol closed the broom closet and stayed inside for a few minutes trying to process what just happened. He didn't know if it was all a big coincidence or that Minghao planned everything just to spite him but all he knows is that the slytherin is the death of him.