Chapter 08

Hate to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Paralyzed with shock, Sehun stood rooted to the ground, without really registering anything that went on around him.

Mira collected her child from the arms of Hyori and rushed out of the house, into the heavy downpour, ignoring the pleas of the older woman to wait.

After they left, Hyori glared at Sehun before letting out a big sigh and left him alone. 

Once Mira got home, she quickly gave Sera a bath and changed out of her wet clothes. 

Sera asked a thousand questions before Mira could finally put her to sleep.

 

Mira still remembered the day she found out she was pregnant from the one night she spent with Sehun. 

She had been walking around like a zombie for a good couple of months after Sehun left. It was the last words that he left her with that broke her heart more than his absence. Because of this she never realized that her periods were actually late. 

But her parents had had enough of her mopping around the house. They had initially thought Mira just missed Sehun a lot and was reacting to him leaving home even though they knew things between them hadn't been quite well the past few years. 

When they saw her losing a drastic amount of weight in a couple of months, her mother had had enough and insisted Mira come with her to a doctor. The doctor too initially assumed that Mira was anemic, till the results of the blood test arrived. It showed that not only was Mira severely anemic she was also nearly twelve weeks pregnant.

Mira had been hysteric. She was still a student! How was she to have a child and raise it? And Sehun had left the country!!

What would people think!! What will she do with the child after it was born!

A thousand question in her mind!

 

Mira was ever grateful to her parents for not asking her too many questions. At dinner that night, the food remained untouched as all four of them hung their head down desolated.

"Is it Sehun s?" Her father finally asked without looking up at his daughter.

Mira did not reply. She didn't nod but the stream of tears and her sobs were answers enough for her family.

"What do we do?" Asked her mother in a helpless voice.

"I don't want it! Please!!" Mira begged her parents and her sobs turned to full fledged bawling.

Her father gave a look to his mother that seemed convey some hidden meaning. Her mother put her hands on Mira s shoulders and escorted her to her room and calmed her.

 

When something it meant to be, nothing can stop it. The doctors refused to abort the baby because of the fragile state of Mira s health then. Mira quit school. She took up some online courses and concentrated on that. Only Minyoung and Kai, who were dating then, knew of Mira s state. They were as supportive as possible , visiting her often and keeping her updated on her other friends.

It was through kai that Suho himself came to know about Mira. He visited Mira s home that night, apologizing on his brother s behalf. He showed his sincerity by visiting Mira often and when the time was right, he told his parents too. 

"Like father, like son!" remarked Hyori as she walked out.

"Does he know?" Suho father asked.

"She doesn't want to tell him! " Suho replied back.

"Then what do you think we should do?"his father pondered.

"That child belongs to our family!" Suho s father closed his eyes and nodded,"I will talk to her father."

 

The pregnancy itself was an easy one. The baby was born after nearly ten hours of labor and knowing Mira s lack of interest with anything to do with the baby, Suho named the girl Sera - mixing both her parents name. 

The saying that when a child is born, a mother is born was so true in Mira s case. She fell in love with her daughter the second she first laid her eyes on her!

Everyone did! She was a charming baby who hardly cried and threw tantrums. Sera was as much in love with Suho as Suho was smitten by her.

From then, Suho had proposed to marry Mira twice atleast to provide Sera with a good family but Mira always refus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter