Chapter 06

Hate to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been five years since Sehun left Korea. 

He was doing amazingly well at Mr Takahashi s law firm. He found that he had an natural talent to be a lawyer. It didn't hurt that Mr Takahashi took on shady lawsuits and was often termed as the lawyer of the local mafia. Sehun was fast gaining recognition as a ruthless lawyer in court. 

He had not forgotten about Mira back home. In fact, he often guilty about how he had ended things with her. Thinking about about it, all the pent up anger he had felt about his illegitimate birth and abuses he experienced at the hands of Mrs Hyori Oh, he had retaliated to it by hurting Mira.

He still remembered the day Mrs Hyori had called him into his room to inform him about the money he would inherit on his eighteenth birthday. What followed was the root cause for all his anger.

 

"Accepting you as my son though only legally was the hardest thing I have done. You might think I was not a good mother but I did the best I could. Everytime I see your face, I remember your mother! Anyway, as soon as you inherit and finish graduating college, I want you to leave. Leave my home. Leave Korea. I don't want to see you ever again! I don't want you as a threat to my son s inheritance of his father s company. Remember , Suho should never know of this! He really respects his father and loves you. Leave with that love."

Sehun had hung his head in humiliation  for something that was of no fault of his.

"Thanks.. thanks for everything you have done so far.." Sehun tuned around to leave the room with a hundred thoughts in his mind.

"And that girl you are always with? Mira? She shouldn't know either! I don't want you tarnishing your father s name and reputation by talking about his past! Anyways there are talks of merging her father s company with your fathers so she might eventually be married to Suho also. Anything can happen in the future." Mrs Hyori got up from her place, dismissing the young man before her who stood rooted to the ground in shock!

His Mira? She will be marrying Suho hyung ? 

Sehun had recently come to acknowledge his own feelings towards Mira but.. he was not good enough for her , was he? After all he was the bastard!!

 

His angst and dejection turned to anger. He tried his best to move away from Mira only to be drawn back to her for one reason or the other. 

He still remembered that night very clearly. He had been sitting with his friends on the terrace, drinking beer and enjoying the night when he saw Kai dropping off Mira. It was her birthday. He knew. He was restraining himself from going to her and wishing her. That was why he had called a sudden booze party for his friends. Something to take his mind off things..

But seeing kai kiss her on the forehead and hug her before he left, it made his chest pain. 

He had not been really drunk. He had hardly had one can of beer. But one of his friends had bumped into him as he got up and emptied nearly a can of beer all over him. He knew he smelt of alcohol and the anger in him, reasoned that that alone could serve as a reason for the rash act that he was planning to do.

He had gone to her house just to see her from the window, he said to himself. Maybe wish her if she saw him. Maybe give her a hug and bid her bye. 

But things aggravated quickly and before he knew it, Mira had told him that she loved him!

Mira.. the woman Suho might end up marrying!! What had he done?? 

He tried to do some damage control by behaving like an . 

 

Even after five years and countless woman later, most feminine things reminded him of Mira. 

Ice creams reminded him of the many times Mira would demand they eat ice cream as they got wet in the rain! She loved it when the ice cream melted and ran down their hands.

He remembered how they used to sit huddled inside one blanket, as they saw horror movies.

A sweet floral scent as someone p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter