Chapter 02

Hate to love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You don't play with us anymore! You are always with Sehun! Why is he always in your house anyway?" Mira s once upon a time best friend, Minyoung, lashed out at her.

Sehun had gone on a family vacation to Japan for the summer and Mira had felt too bored at home playing with her younger brother so she was visiting Minyoung.

"Because his kitten is in my house!" she tried to reason.

"Doesn't that make it your kitten if you are keeping it in your house and feeding it?" puzzled the other girl.

"Anyway , my parents don't like Sehun s family much. My mom said his father is dangerous and harms people if they don't listen to him. She said I have to keep a distance with them!" continued Minyoung, not paying attention to the worried and sad look on her friend s face.

"Oh! But.. but my parents didn't tell me anything!!?" Mira was now concerned about what she would do if her parents did indeed ask her to stop talking to Sehun for some reason or the other.

"I know! My dad was telling my mom that your dad is scared of his dad. Sehun s dad helped your dad with some of his business deals. That's why your parents can't do it say anything to Sehun!" Mingling boasted the information she got by eavesdropping on her parents' conversation late one night.

Relieved that her relation with Sehun will not be jeopardized, Mira smiled at her friend.

"That's good then. Sehun and I can be like forever!" She chirped.

"No, you can't, silly. One day, you will fall in love with a guy and get married and go away with him. You can sehun with you then!" Minyoung was getting very irritated with Mira s obsession over Sehun and wanted to show her that it won't last forever.

"I Guess I will just marry sehun then!" came the simple answer.

Minyoung looked at her otherwise very sensible and smart Friend like she had grown horns suddenly. Minyoung didn't understand what Mira found in Sehun at all!

 

It was her fourteenth birthday that day and Mira was overwrought with worry. It had been three days since she saw Sehun. She had seen him and his brother cycling to school yesterday but since her Father was dropping her in school that day and he was already complaining that he was late because of Mira, she couldn't very well ask him to stop the car to have a word with Sehun.

Unable to sleep, Mira looked out of the window, at the black starlit sky when a sudden movement across the garden caught her eye. 

There was a lone peach tree in their garden, under which Sehun and Mira often played with the kittens when they were small and now used it as a reading spot. 

Mira saw a silhouette of a person crouched against the trunk of the tree.

The figure felt very familiar. Was that Sehun? What was he doing law at night, here in her garden?

But unable to hide her excitement at seeing her Best Friend in a long time, Mira ran down the stairs and rushed out the door.

Sehun was sitting on the ground with his head on his eyes and eyes closed. He sat there so still, oblivious to the girl infront of him that for a second Mira thought he was dead!

"Se..Sehun?" Mira slowly touched his shoulder and shook him. He was burning hot! 

He groaned as he opened his eyes which were filled with pain. He seems to have trouble sitting up and when Mira tried to help him by putting her hands around his shoulders, he winced. 

"Mira.. I just.. just wanted to wish you for your birthday!" he whispered.

"Are you hurt? What happened?" Mira was on the verge of tears as she saw her Sehun.

Almost delirious with pain, the boy caught her hands in his and smiled. He slowly removed something from ins

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter