The Curse

A Life after Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona ran to the window where she saw the strange woman threw the girl and looked down. She saw the girl fell onto a granary. She still couldn’t believe what she saw. Blood stain everywhere, definitely freaking her out. She heard the woman said something in a strange language and she couldn’t figure out any single words until something about eternal life was uttered. That brought her into a speculation that this woman killed people to have their soul. She’s a witch. Yoona should get out of this place as soon as she could.

“You can never escape from me, your soul is mine!” the woman yelled. Yoona started running. She could feel the woman was right behind her. She cried, hoping there’s someone would help her but it was useless, no one heard. The only thing she could do was fasten her step. Yoona just kept running and running, finding the way out of this place. She just ran into the forest. It scared her to death. Until she thought it was far enough, she didn’t hear any footstep behind her anymore but she shouldn’t stop until she found some help or at least a place to hide. She has been running for quite a long time, she was exhausted and barely breathing. Her lungs were torn off, her vision getting blurry, and her feet started to bleed.

Yoona couldn’t help it anymore, she couldn’t hold the pain all over her body. She decided to stop for a while, her head was burning. She held the tree beside her, it was big enough to hold her body back that was about to collapse. It was so hard to catch some breath, Yoona was helpless. She just closed her eyes, already giving up. She couldn’t imagine what will happen to her life after this. Suddenly, there’s something broke her reverie. Yoona heard someone screaming her name, so she opened her eyes.

Yoona saw Jimin was beside her, she wondered. He looked so worried, then he hugged her so tight. It realized her that she has been dreaming, that was all just a dream. A dream that brought her into the deep of a nightmare, a dream that gave so much pain. She still felt that in her bones, but his hug reduced the pain eventually. Yoona did nothing but hugged him back, he’s so warm. Just right at one moment, she was shocked by what he said.

“Those weird dream… I’ve been through that... I saw you in my dream” he said.

“What? How can it happen? Why you do this to me?” Yoona was shocked by what Jimin said.

“Hey… hey, slow down.”

“Just tell me!”

“Okay, I will tell you. But, promise me one thing. Do not freak out.”

Yoona nodded as she was ready to know any possible truths that Jimin was about to say. At the time Jimin said he saw her in his dream was already freaking her out and it was insane. Yoona was clueless yet so curious. While Jimin seemed hesitant to speak out so she looked at him in the eye, waiting for his explication.

“Well, I believe you know that our body has its own spirit. There is two type of living spirit in this world. First is the new-born spirit, meaning that this spirit just has just lived for this recent time. The second is the spirit that has lived for some particular time loops, we call it the past time. And… yours is the second.” Jimin tried to explain to her carefully, afraid that she will get another strike.

 “No… I can’t understand it.”

“Look Yoona, seems like your spirit has already lived for many time period. And eventually, it wants to show you some visions of that particular time. Your past.”

“Then why me, why I had to be chosen to have this kind of visions?”

“Mmmmhhh, I guess that your spirit may have some unfinished business back then, it is the most possible reason. And it wants you to solve that.”

“How can I solve that? I don’t even know what

Please log in to read the full chapter