Getting Closer

A Life after Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona was ready for the first day in college. Even though she was so tired because of the weird dream she had, now she’s ready to face the new chapter of her life. She was trying to be optimistic and wished only the good thing will happen as she made her way out. While she was about to get in the car, she heard someone’s calling her name. She turned her head back and surprised to see that it’s Jimin.

“Yeah..?” She faced him.

“Umm, can you give me a ride? We’re going in the same University, anyway. I was with Taehyung actually, but he said that he needs the car and the worse is that he won’t drive me there. So…?”

Jimin explained the situation and looked quite doubtful. No surprise. It’s the first time they met and he already asked her to give him a ride. He might think that it will be awkward. Well, it was awkward, but Yoona just let it slide. She wanted to build a good relation to her brother’s friends too. So she thought there’s no problem going together to campus, it’s a good chance to get close to him.

“Okay then, hop in! But I think it’s better if you drive, I’m not familiar with the road yet.”

“Gwencana, I’ll drive” Jimin smiled to her.

“Great, let’s go!”

It’s a total awkward on the way to campus, as expected. They didn’t talk to each other at all, plus Yoona was not the person who like to start a conversation. So it’s normal if this kind of situation happen. Then suddenly, Jimin broke the awkward silence.

“So, where have you been, Yoona-ssi? I hang out with Yoongi hyung a lot but I’ve never knew that he has a younger sister.”

“So he never tell you, huh?”

“Nope. Never.” Jimin shook his head.

“Well, I’ve been living in Venice since I was in elementary school. My parents brought me there, and Yoongi too actually. But he decided to go back here. Culture shock, maybe.” she said jokingly.

“And… now you just did, culture shock too?” Jimin .

“Hahaha, you’re funny. Not actually. My parents want to send me here and I said yes. So here I am now. It’s just… I feel like I’m home. I don’t know. Never mind. Besides, here’s better after all since I’ll live with my brother.”

“Hmm I see. I never thought that Yoongi hyung has that special place for you.”

“Well, that’s not the thing. I was all alone back then, and trust me, it’s awful.”

“Oh I’m sorry to hear that.”

“No… no… don’t be.”

Another silence came up and suddenly Jimin asked something, “Anyway, have you ever think about the possible reason why you feel attached to this place?”

“Not even a chance, just coincidence, maybe.” Yoona didn’t really care about that honestly, but somehow it made her curious right after Jimin asked this. “Why asking this? Are you that curious?”

“Want to hear my opinion?”

“Go ahead.”

“Well, there are some possibilities in this case. First, just like what you said, a coincidence. Second, there’s something in here connected to you, that’s why you feel familiar with it. Last one, maybe there’s a part of your soul living here from long time ago.”

Ji

Please log in to read the full chapter