A Childhood Memory

A Life after Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoona knocked the door immediately right after Jimin left.

“Come in,”

“Hi, my name is Kim Yoona and I’ve just transferred here.”

“Oh, so you are Yoongi’s sister. I’m Lee Jung Woo. Please have a sit.”

Yoona sat in front of his desk. He was the faculty dean and she was taking English Literature as a major. He will be the person who responsible in the major classes. Yoongi has told him that she will enrol to this faculty previously.

“Is there anything I need to do, sir?”

“Well, not much. All you need to do is filling this administration form and there are some policies that you need to keep in mind.” He handed some papers to fill.

“Sure.”

“And because the classes have already started, I think you need to catch up with the material very quickly. I have someone who can help you with that.”

Yoona nodded as an agreement to anything the dean said and started to fill the form. She heard him calling someone to come to his office. Frankly speaking, this person would be the one who will help Yoona with her classes. After a while, someone knocked the room. Yoona was too busy to check who was coming until Mr. Lee interrupted.

“Yoona, here’s Jeon Jungkook, the student representative in Literature major. He’s the one who will help you out.”

“Jungkook?” Yoona lifted her head to see who the person was.

“Ah, Yoona! It’s been a long time!” Jungkook smiled widely.

“Oh, I guess you guys have already known each other, that’s a good thing.” Mr. Lee said.

“Yeah, he’s my friend since elementary school.”

“Woaaah, Yoona. I can’t believe you transfer here.” Jungkook said.

“Okay then. Here’s your course flowchart. You can use this as a guidance to which classes you need to take first. Jungkook can explain it in further. So, I think that’s all. You can look around before the class is started. Jungkook, please her.” Mr Lee explained.

“Alright, thank you sir.” Yoona bowed before leaving the office.

Yoona felt very happy for knowing that Jungkook took the same major as her. They were friends since elementary school. They used to hang out together. He just moved out to Seoul after they graduated from Junior High. Even though they still kept in touch, Yoona felt a great loss ever since.

“Omoo, can’t believe you’re here!” Jungkook said in excitement as he hugged and shook her.

“Jungkook, stop it! Don’t treat me like little girl!”

“But you are! Look at you, you’re so tiny! I think you stop growing since we’re fifth grader.” he teased.

“Why are you always being jerk?” Yoona hit his arm continuously.

“Ouch... ouch… Alright…alright… I’m sorry, but jerking around you is really fun.”

“Whatever, I’m so done with you. Now where we’re going?”

“Well, the class start at 13.30. We still have much time. Let’s go have something to eat first, the cafeteria is over there. I’m pretty sure you skipped your breakfast.”

“Aaaw, you know me well, Jungkook-ah.”

“I know right, you never change. Now let’s go!”

While having a lunch, they were talking about their childhood memories and those were the most beautiful moment to be captured in their mind. Jungkook was the one who approach Yoona first when everyone seemed hesitant to befriend with her. That was one of the reasons why she really treasure their friendship. Jungkook often brought her to the game arcade back then, played together, and sometimes they put a bet on some silly games. Yoona still remember everything very clearly. She could never lie on him, and so was Jungkook. They were like an open book to each other.

“So, here you are. Attending the same University as me. May I know the reason?” He wondered.

“Why can’t I?”

“Oh, c’mon. Seriously?” He rolled his eyes.

“Well, you know… I felt so lonely there. You moved here, Yoongi oppa moved here, and my parents travel more often lately. Seems like there’s no reason anymore to be there.” Yoona just noticed that the atmosp

Please log in to read the full chapter