I have faith in what I see

Perfect

I have faith in what I see

 

Bo Gum was in the middle of a work schedule when he got a Kakao text. He looked down at his phone and smiled as he saw who it was from. Even though they texted all day long, he still felt excited to talk to her.

 

“Look where I am, Oppa!” the message read.

 

Yoo Jung had sent him a picture of her smiling and doing a V-sign with her fingers. Then another one, of her crouching under a tree, and one more of her sitting on the roots of another tree. Finally, one more, of her hiding behind her mask but doing a V-sign with both hands. Bo Gum’s smile widened because he recognized the location: it was their filming site.

 

“Ah, Yoo Jung-ah! Kyeopta!” He texted back. “What are you doing there? You told me you were going to Jeonju, but you never said you’d be visiting our filming locations.”

 

“I didn’t tell you, because I wanted it to be a surprise.” She texted back quickly.   “Surprise, Oppa!” Followed by many smiley faces.

 

“Ah, neomu kyeopta, Yoo Jung-ah!” He wrote back. “This is so nostalgic, ne?”

 

Ne, Oppa. Wait, I have a video too!” And she sent him a video of her running around the location and laughing. He could see all the buildings and a thousand memories came flooding back: the late hours of filming; the dinner scene with Yoo Jung and Dong Yeon; how he’d spent his downtime with Yoo Jung, laughing, talking and eating; what a challenging character it had been to play; all the things he had learned from his sunbaes.

 

MDBC had truly been a one of a kind experience and his favorite project so far. Not only did he love the character and the story, but it was also thanks to it that him and Yoo Jung had met and fallen in love. He laughed out loud when he saw her manager had accidentally appeared on the video and melted at the sight of his pretty girl waving goodbye.

 

“Did you like it, Oppa?” She texted. “I missed you so much being away, but after coming here, I remembered all the time we spent filming and missed you a little less.”

 

“I miss you too, Yoo Jung-ah. I want to see you when you get back. Should we go eat something nice?”

 

Ne, Oppa! I just found out about a good place near your house. Let’s go there!”

 

He laughed out loud as he looked down at his phone. Somehow, Yoo Jung always found great places to eat that nobody knew about.

 

Ne, jagiya”. He loved being able to call her that. “Call me when you get back and I’ll go pick you up. Saranghae!”

 

Saranghae, Oppa!”

 

Jinjja saranghae, Yoo Jung-ah, he thought. Jinjja, jinjja, jinjja. His smile was bigger than ever, he felt at peace and his heart was full of hope for the future. He looked down at the picture Yoo Jung had sent him and noticed that she was wearing his old black sweatshirt, the one she’d found in a pile of clothes he was about to send to charity. That particular sweatshirt had shrunk a bit in the washing machine and Bo Gum didn’t quite like how it fit anymore. Yoo Jung, on the other hand, wanted to have it. He remembered the scene clearly.

 

Oppa, I love it!” They had been together in his apartment. She admired the sweatshirt and then looked up at Bo Gum with puppy eyes. “Please let me keep it!”

 

Bo Gum gave her a side eye. “Aish, I don’t know…” He and rolled his eyes. “Eottokae…”

 

“It will remind me of you when I can’t see you!” She batted her lashes in a flirty way and quickly planted a kiss in Bo Gum’s cheek. He turned around to face her as soon as she kissed him and started tickling her.

 

“Aish, Oppa! Don’t do that!” She was laughing so hard that she’d dropped the sweatshirt. Bo Gum stopped tickling her, picked it up and kissed her.

 

“Of course you can have it, Yoo Jung-ah” He smiled at her as she jumped into his arms.

 

They’d only been together for a few months, but they had already shared countless unforgettable moments. Bo Gum smiled again as he remembered Yoo Jung’s pretty face as he was holding her in his arms. Apparently, being in love really was as wonderful as they said.