Now I know I have met an angel in person, and she looks perfect, I don't deserve this...

Perfect

Now I know I have met an angel in person

And she looks perfect, I don't deserve this

 

May 3rd, 2017. The day had finally come.

 

A lot had changed in the five months that had passed since their last awards ceremony. Last time, Bo Gum had been alone. He’d spent the night worrying about Yoo Jung, missing her with every inch of his being and feeling unable to truly enjoy himself and celebrate his achievements. It had been such a big night, where they both had won, but she wasn’t there to celebrate with him.

 

This time, though, things would be different. Bo Gum and Yoo Jung were now a couple, and this time, she was going to attend the ceremony as well. They’d both won the same popularity award, and Bo Gum was grateful to their fans for voting diligently and giving them the opportunity to attend such a big event together. He would be able to spend the night sitting next to his beautiful girlfriend, and he couldn’t wait to see her giving her winning speech. Most of all, Bo Gum wanted to be next to her in the group picture.

 

He thought back on the last time they’d both been in an awards ceremony together. Yes, that had been his biggest regret. That time, he’d been with Yoo Jung all night. They’d talked and made each other laugh every time the lights went out. But when the night was over and it was time for a group picture, they had accidentally separated and ended up being on opposite sides of the photo. Bo Gum wanted to make things right and vowed to himself that, this time, he would make sure that such a thing didn’t happen.

 

“Yoo Jung-ah, are you ready?” He texted her. She replied after a little while.

 

Ne, Oppa. Just waiting for Manager-Nim. You?”

 

Ne. I’m doing the same thing. I can’t wait to see you.”

 

It was true. He was dying to be by her side. Even if they couldn’t show any signs of affection -like kissing or holding hands- they could still act like the best friends they were. They’d be sitting together and could spend the night talking and joking. It wouldn’t matter how the night played out: if she was there, he would be alright.

 

Just to be safe, they’d agreed they would arrive and leave in separate cars. The last thing Bo Gum wanted was to create unnecessary rumors that could harm Yoo Jung or make her feel bad in any way. They were both adamant in keeping their relationship completely private and away from the public eye, and Bo Gum was determined to protect his girlfriend at whatever cost.   

 

He went through the red carpet on his own and was able to meet Yoo Jung backstage, right before entering the venue.

 

“Yoo Jung-ah!” Bo Gum was floored by how gorgeous she looked, but tried his best to keep it down. Still, he couldn’t avoid looking at her. She looked beyond beautiful, and he couldn’t get enough. “Jinjja yeppeuda!”

 

Gomawo, Oppa.” Yoo Jung blushed, but Bo Gum could tell she was pleased with his reaction. “You look really handsome too”.

 

They smiled at each other one more time before going inside and looking for their seats. They greeted their Gureumi co-stars and said hello to other colleagues before finally sitting down together, and a few minutes later, the awards began.

 

Everything was different this time. Bo Gum felt comfortable enough to talk and joke with Yoo Jung even if the lights were on and the cameras were rolling. He bugged her for getting startled, made her laugh, and stared at her for a few seconds when he thought no one was watching. In fact, it was truly hard for him not to stare, because she looked utterly beautiful. Bo Gum kept stealing glances and exchanging knowing looks with Yoo Jung throughout the night, hoping no one would notice.

 

Suddenly, it was time to give out their award, and he heard the MCs calling his name. Bo Gum looked at Jin Young, who was motioning at him to go up, and Yoo Jung, who gave him a little smile, before standing up and walking towards the stage. He had already climbed up onto it when he heard Yoo Jung’s name being called out, as well, and he couldn’t help himself: Bo Gum decided to wait for her so that they could bow at the crowd together.

 

He stood at the edge of the stage and made a cute sign with his hands, as if presenting Yoo Jung to the world, while he waited for her. He welcomed her with a huge smile, and as soon as she reached the spot where he was standing, they both turned around to face the crowd and bowed deeply before going up to collect their awards. They stood next to the other two winners and got ready to deliver their speeches.

 

Bo Gum’s favorite part was watching Yoo Jung give her speech. As he watched her, he couldn’t help but feel proud of how far she’d come and think about how wonderful it was to be able to share his achievements with her. With a small pang of sadness, he remembered how awful it had been to spend his last awards ceremony without Yoo Jung, and how she hadn’t been able to receive her awards in person. Thankfully, it was all in the past. Bo Gum focused on his present and he welcomed Yoo Jung back to his side with a smile.

 

Yoo Jung looked very happy and smiled back at him. They were standing very close together and could talk to each other a little, without calling much attention to themselves.

 

Oppa, that was scary!” Yoo Jung whispered in a tiny voice, but loud enough for Bo Gum to hear. Standing on stage, there wasn’t much he could do to comfort her, so he softly rubbed his arm against hers, trying to soothe her. Yoo Jung gave him a sweet smile and Bo Gum knew it was working. They kept communicating in looks and short sentences, until they could leave the stage and go back to their seats. After receiving their awards, they were much more at ease, and they kept watching what was left of the awards with happy hearts.

 

Sooner than they’d expected, the ceremony was coming to an end, and it was time to take the picture of the winners. Bo Gum was determined to appear next to Yoo Jung in this picture, so he made sure to keep her close as they made their way up to the stage once more. They stood next to each other right in the middle of the crowd of winners.

 

Then, as if she’d noticed something, Yoo Jung turned around and got lost in the crowd. Bo Gum was still worrying about her not making it back to his side in time for the photo, when he felt a light tap on his arm. He turned around, surprised, and found that Yoo Jung was next to him again, handing him a trophy for the group picture. He took it and wanted to thank her for the sweet gesture, but she had already turned around.

 

“Yoo Jung-ah, where are you going?” Bo Gum was anxious that she wouldn’t make it in time for the group picture.

 

“One second.” She simply replied and once again got lost in the crowd of people.

 

He didn’t say anything else because there were dozens of cameras filming them, and so he just stood there, waiting for her. Yoo Jung came back quickly and placed herself next to Bo Gum, holding her trophy as well. Bo Gum smiled, because he loved how much she took care of him, how much she worried for the both of them, and how wonderfully she held herself in events like this. He proudly watched as she interacted with fellow industry sunbaes and took the chance to look at her pretty face every once in a while. She was sweet and beautiful, and everyone loved having her around.

 

Slowly, everyone was moving and getting ready for the picture. Bo Gum was beaming, because he’d finally accomplished what he hadn’t been able to several months ago, in their first award ceremony together. He loved standing next to Yoo Jung and knowing they would -at last- be in a picture like this together just filled him with joy, as simple as it was. The cameras were about to start shooting when he noticed something.

 

“Yoo Jung-ah, is my bowtie okay?”

 

Yoo Jung had the best eye to fix outfits, and Bo Gum smiled as he recalled how she’d been diligently helping him fix his clothes for such a long time now. He got distracted turning around to look at the cameras and didn’t notice Yoo Jung had already lifted a hand to fix his tie.

 

Oppa!” She playfully scolded him.

 

They both laughed and then Bo Gum stood still and serious as he waited for her to help him with the tie. For a second, though, they’d completely forgotten they were in front of many people and cameras, and both Bo Gum and Yoo Jung grew shy for a while, wondering if they’d gone too far in showing their affection towards each other.

 

Then, it was time. The cameras started flashing and shooting the group of winners, and Bo Gum could hardly contain his excitement. He was truly happy and proud, but mostly incredibly grateful that he had Yoo Jung by his side to share such a wonderful experience. From the corner of his eye, Bo Gum glanced at her, and noticed she was also beaming, her cheeks red and her eyes sparkling. She was a beautiful sight.

 

“When I look back on my life”, Bo Gum thought, “this is going to be one of my happiest nights.”

 

Finally, after a while, the cameras stopped shooting, and it was all over. Bo Gum left the stage making sure to keep Yoo Jung close to him at all times. People approached both of them and struck up a conversation, but they never left each other’s side. After a while, Yoo Jung’s manager came to fetch her and Bo Gum knew it was time to leave, as well. They walked together through the underground parking, making their way to the cars. Bo Gum was surprised when he saw media cameras there, but at that point, he was too happy about the night he’d just lived to worry too much about it.

 

Bo Gum opened the car door for Yoo Jung and she got in.

 

“See you in a while, Yoo Jung-ah.”

 

Making sure no one could see them, he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss. Yoo Jung blushed, speechless, and Bo Gum closed her door, laughing. He then got on his own ride and started making his way to Yoo Jung’s, as they’d planned.

 

Bo Gum was incredibly happy about the way the night had gone. He’d greatly enjoyed having Yoo Jung by his side, and he knew that this was nothing but the start for both of them. There were still many wonderful things to come, and the best part was that they now had each other to share their fellow achievements with. He loved her so much, and he had no doubt about wanting to share his whole life with her. She truly was his everything. 

 

It felt as if only minutes had passed when Bo Gum got to Yoo Jung’s house. Still, she’d beat him, because he found her sitting on one of the garden benches, already waiting for him.

 

“Yoo Jung-ah, finally!” He smiled and let out a sigh as soon as he saw her. Yoo Jung’s face lit up as she went up to him and hugged him.

 

Oppa, my heart’s been pounding like crazy all night!” Yoo Jung laughed. “I was scared we would be too obvious. And that kiss in the car? Baboya!” She covered her eyes with her hands, still laughing. “Do you think we hid it well?”

 

“Honestly?” Bo Gum laughed and held Yoo Jung’s face in his hands. “I don’t think so”. He kissed her and then his expression grew more serious. “I hope people don’t start any rumors, I am worried about you.”

 

“Don’t worry about it, Oppa.” It was now her turn to kiss him and give him a reassuring smile. “People will always talk. I just want to remember this night as beautiful as it was. I don’t care about anything else than being here with you right now. And maybe dinner. Oppa, I’m starving!”

 

She laughed again and wrinkled her nose in the way Bo Gum liked so much, the same gesture he’d loved since he first saw her and started developing the truest feelings he’d ever had for anybody. He loved her so much, and all he wanted to do for the rest of his life was to keep loving her. Bo Gum knew he’d finally found the one for him: it was Yoo Jung, it had been Yoo Jung since the moment he realized his heart beat only for her, and it would be Yoo Jung for as long as he lived.

 

She turned around and headed towards the door, but Bo Gum got a hold of her hand and softly pulled her back into his arms. 

 

“Let’s make this last forever, ne, Yoo Jung-ah?” He smiled at her and sweetly cupped her face in his hands before kissing her one more time.

 

Ne, Oppa.” She smiled at him, and Bo Gum knew, deep in his heart, that it was true. “Forever.”

 

You look perfect tonight.