'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was

Perfect

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

 

Six years, three months and six days. That’s exactly how much older than her he was. Bo Gum liked the numbers and the strange sort of pattern they had to them: 6-3-6. There were also 98 days from his birthday to hers. He liked that number, too, so close to 100. If he ever asked her to be his girlfriend, he would do it on his birthday. That way, they would celebrate their 100 days together just one day after hers.

 

Oh God, what was he thinking?

 

But it couldn’t be avoided, and he couldn’t pretend when it came to his own heart. He was in love. He had fallen in love for the first time.

 

He didn’t know what true love was, for he hadn’t experienced it before. Sure, he’d had a girlfriend when he was still in High School, but it didn't really feel like love to him. It didn’t last very long, and he had sworn to himself and to God that he would save his mind, body, heart and soul for the girl he truly fell in love with. He considered himself to be a one-woman man and didn’t enjoy dating casually. That was the reason he hadn’t been with anybody in a long time, and he was still waiting for something real, when he met Yoo Jung. Now, Bo Gum believed he knew what love was because of how he felt, and how it made him change and want to be a better person for her.

 

Sitting alone in a corner of the KBS dressing room, he grabbed his cellphone and looked at a picture he had taken of them together during the promotional photoshoot for Gureumi. He was lying on her lap, smiling; she was leaning down and smiling as well. It was a quick selca sneakily taken by him between the official shots, but it was one of their first pictures together. He thought back on all the time he had spent with Yoo Jung and all the wonderful experiences they had lived with all the cast and crew ever since Gureumi started. He felt a warm feeling in his heart, along with a small pang of nostalgia. They were truly living a wonderful time. Until this moment, he thought, he had never been as happy.

 

Bo Gum looked down again at their picture.

 

Saranghae, Yoo Jung-ah”, he whispered. 

 

And in his mind, at the same time, the same old question.

 

“Have you fallen in love with me, too?”