INTERLUDE

The Playlist.

"Hyungggggggg~~~~" Seungkwan was the first one to notice me standing in our front door. He run towards me enveloping me into a tight hug. 
My two day trip to Daegu has officially ended today so does our vacation. 
Tomorrow will surely be an exhausting day for all of us. 
I'm glad seeing the members seem to be in a good condition. They rested well. It's a relief they did. 
I made my way to the salas with Seungkwan still tugging my arms. 
For all I know, it's not I who they missed so much. I mentally rolled my eyes. 
He excitedly announced I have came back. 
The members hugged me and abandoned me soon enough to get my belongings. 
I knew it from the start.
The didn't missed me. 
They are excited to what I have for them from Daegu. These kids. Really. 
"Yah!! Yah! Careful. Just get the plastic out you might decimate my bag." I pulled my bag away from them. 
After the chaos, Jun went to the kitchen to prepare the food I have brought.
Seungkwan, Seokmin, Soonyoung and Chan are having a tug of war for the remote control. 
Jisoo hugged me as a sign of welcoming me. This bro. Jeonghan came out from the bathroom and run straight to me giving me a tight hug. This brother is very affectionate. I hugged him back.
He texted me a while ago asking me to come back early. 
The door cracked open. 
That's exactly the sight that greeted Jihoon when he came out to our room. 
He register the shocked on his face subtlely changing it into a warm smile. 
I released myself from the hug. 
I smiled back indicisively. But i felt the tension. 
My eyes automatically looked for Mingyu in the pile of the members. He gave me a knowing look but I can't really read his expression. 
"You just came? How's your grandma? " Jihoon asked me while rubbing his sleepy eyes. 
I panicked upon hearing his voice.
"S-she's f-fine" I hope my voice sounded casual. 
He nodded and went to the washroom. 
I heard Mingyu sigh loudly and im the only one who noticed it. The members are so engrossed watching the TV and Jeonghan is now sitting beside Jisoo. 
"Hyung, how about take a rest first and worry yourself tomorrow? Its gonna be a long day. Jisoo and Jeonghan hyung are here. You can sleep. " Mingyu said. 
It's like ordering me to rest first to get ready cause were gonna have a talk tomorrow. 
Is that something to look forward into?

 

 

"So hyung, How's your grandmother's condition?" Mingyu started to question me. But it appears just a warm up for our actual conversation. 
We're here at the rooftop because it's our practice break. Soonyoung is studying our song for a choreography and others are still doing lyrics. 
I took a break from writing and went here to breathe a fresh air without knowing that Mingyu followed me for a talk. 
I told him grandma's fine amd they shouldn't worry at all. He just nodded like he is deciphering his own thoughts. 
"Have you listened to all of it? " he hesitantly asked me. 
Now it is a real deal. 
"Hmmm. You didn't tell me you knew about it since trainee days".
I fixated my eyes on to the beautiful view ahead of us. 
Rooftop is a healing place for me. 
It's just plain serene. 
"It's not my story to tell. And besides, Jihoon hyung will kill me if I say a word. He hit me with a guitar way back then right? It hurts. " he replied with a pout.
Mingyu can really be mature without leaving his childish attitude. That's one of his charms. 
"So what are you gonna do about it? Don't tell me you're gonna keep yourself away from Jihoonie hyung.. That's bull hyung. " he gave me an unbelievable face. Like it was the tiest decision ever created and he already expected me to have that tiest . 
I sigh. 
"Not that. But It's better if he'll just forget about me, Gyu-ah. I'll just hurt him. " i weakly vocalized. I barely find my voice. 
"Don't you think that's too much to ask? You're already hurting him and you will still end up hurting him. Don't you think it's time to give in? You both suffered enough. Hyung, i know you have feelings for him too. Why do you keep on pushing him away when you clearly want to pull him closer? I don't get you." he declared now facing me. 
Because things aren't that easy. 
Just because you both feel the same way doesn't mean you can be. Like Jihoonie said, that's not how the world works. 
Should I give in? 
I replied him with a heavy silence before deciding to utter what is running in my head. 
"Mingyu-ah, I honestly don't know what to do." I confessed, pulling my own hair. 
There's no point lying here. 
"Hyung, why not start on being honest with yourself first? I think it's going to be a big help. Trust yourself hyung. Sometimes it's all we need. Contemplation. I'll go down now. I know you wanted to be alone here. Haha. I'm really such a noisy company. I'm hoping for the best hyung." He tapped my shoulder and made his way throughout the rooftop door. 
What am I gonna do? 
I sigh for the last time. 
Guess it's time to do the only idea I've got in my mind. Hope it will be the best.

 

 

Notes:

FINAL chapter later;)