Chapter 8

My Christmas with Kurosagi

 

They looked to their front to the small cake decorated with strawberries and chocolate chips.

“Yatta!” said Tsurara

 

Kurosagi try to taste some of it but before he can reached, Tsurara grabbed it.  “Oi, what you are doing?”

 

“What? I'm trying to tasted, don't you see?”

 

“Oh, yes, but before that, I have to take a picture.  Let me see... you, take this” .She placed the cake into Kurosagi's hand. He holds it not knowing what to do.

 

“Ok, ichi, ni, san...smile”

 

Kurosagi stayed still without a movement.

 

With a big smile Tsurara declared: “Now we can taste it”.  Without waiting, Kurosagi took a piece with his spoon, the one with a big strawberry.  It was so yummy. He loves this cake.  Tsuraras' cake.  He worked also, well, just passing the ingredients to decorate the cake.  In the procedure, he was amazed how Tsurara was concentrated while embellish the cake. The output was great.

 

"It's good?"

 

It was good, but he wants to annoy her. Cough, cough! “Yoshida, what you put there?"

 

“What? Why?”

 

 “It tastes funny”

 

“Eh? Really?”.  She smelled and taste a bit searching what's wrong. Kurosagi holds the urge to laugh.

 

"I was kidding"

 

She froze and looked straight to him with a surprise face.  He...he is joking with me?

Without thinking she placed her index finger, took a bit of cream and placed it in Kurosagi's cheek.

 

He remained motionless trying to digest what happened. Then...

 

"YOSHIDA, ARE YOU CRAZY?" he screamed coming back to reality.

 

"Ohh, sumimasen" She said embarrassed.  OMG, what I have done?.  "I can clean it, let me help you". She was looking for a tissue in her bag.

 

"Found it"

 

She comes near Kuro but he stopped her.  "Don't come closer...let me that". He took the tissue. 

 

Oh no, he's angry...way to go, Tsurara.  "Emm, I'm really sorry, I was trying to act like a girlfriend...you know, maybe Kashima-san is near".  That name reloaded their last conversation with Kashima.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Well, well, well…look who is here? A men’s voice caused an abruptly movement from Kurosagi. Tsurara opened her eyes in disbelief.  Kurosagi observed that man with a serious face: “Kashima”.

 

The investigator looked at Kurosagi with angry eyes, like a lion trying to bite his prey. But then, he looked to the woman beside him.  His stare changed for a questionable look. 

 

"Yoshikawa-san, you're with him?

 

Tsurara felt nervous but Kurosagi's eyes told her to stay calm.  She decided to follow the act. 

 

"Yes"

 

"Why are you-".  He was interrupted by Kurosagi.

 

"Is not your business"

 

"Is a date" said Tsurara.

 

 Kashima looked to Tsurara in disbelief. 

 

"Yoshikawa-san, I thought that you want to be a prosecutor.  Integrity to the law is valuable, how...?" But he stopped abruptly. "This is a joke, right?"

 

Kurosagi was tired of him.

 

"What’s wrong to be in a date with my girlfriend on Christmas?" Kurosagi said while hugging Tsurara to his side.  Her heart almost stoped with that move. 

"A couple? I can't believe it"

 

"That isn't our problem", said the Black Swindler.

 

"Be careful with your words, Kurosagi"

 

"Kashima-san, we only wants to enjoy this day, is just normal.  We aren't doing anything wrong".  Tsurara mentioned with security.

 

Kashima remained silent, looking both.  He cleared his throat. "I see...then, enjoy it".

 

Kurosagi smirk a bit then turn around still holding Tsurara and began to walk away from Kashima. 

 

*End of flashback*

 

 

She was right, He knows it.  They have to act like lovebirds.  Acting was a masterpiece for him but there's a problem about Tsurara. He can't easily immerse in the act.  When she moves closer, or when she talks like a girlfriend, when she do silly things...He totally loses concentration. He felt nervous…he don’t want to feel that emotion.  Right? He has a goal, he needs to focus.

 

He sighed. “Ok, you have a point there. I know Kashima is behind us.  He definitely is aware of our steps. Yoshida, you worked hard until know, but the situation is dangerous. There is a risk, well, always, but I don’t want you to continue with this. This work, I’m doing alone from here”.

 

She heard him. He was right. The situation becomes more difficult.  If Kashima knows about their plan, both of them will be in great danger. If things went wrong, all her dreams will disappear, obviously, her career. Her logical side, tells her to leave but her heart tells her to stay.  She has to choose. 

 

“I’m … I’m going to stay”.  With a questionable face, Kurosagi said: “What? You can leave, I’m not going to hate you, or whatever. You don’t understand the situation?  You can go to jail and lost your freedom”.

 

“I know that there’s so much danger but I choose to help you, no matter what.  I’m not stupid, I understand the situation but…I believe in you.  We will succeed”.  A comfortable smile drawed in Tsurara’s face. 

 

He can’t say anything. Those words went direct to his heart. He can feel it, his heartbeat.  He can’t fight her.  He needs her? Mixed emotions assaulted his heart… he can feel some happiness…why? Is because her?

 

He looked her. She’s still holding the little cake.  He comes close to her and took her hand, the one with the cake. "Let's take a picture with the cake", he said.  She was amazed with those words.  She smiled to him. He embraces her waist. Tsurara gulped with trouble and looked straight to his eyes.  Kurosagi was also staring. They shared a moment like this.  Until he cleared his throat and grabbed his cellphone to their front.  He said: “Ichi, ni, san”. Strange thing, he was smiling.  


Thanks to all subcribers, I hope you can continue to read this fanfic. I'm sorry for the long wait and for any grammar errors. Enyoy Tsukuro<3