o7

Class of Saints
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Warning - slightly gory content 

o7 Predator

 

It was if all hell flashed before her. The teeth. The flesh. The blood.

 

…The blood-curling screams…

 

…The body of Year One Class Three’s Park Da Young… Or whatever is left of it…

 

 

“Na Bi-shii! Na Bi-shii! Oh god, Na Bi-shii! Are you ok?!”

 

Na Bi huffed and panted as she picks herself up from the floor with the help of Jun. Beads of sweat trickled down from her forehead as she tries to make sense of herself and the horrifying images she just lived.

 

“I-I’m okay.” She reassures him as they worked together to bring her to her feet.

 

“One moment you just blanked out and the other you were on the floor panting and screaming. That’s not you having a vision is it? They’re pretty violent…” Jun says as he coerces her towards the chair she was once sitting on.

 

“Well, that vision I just had was pretty violent.” Na Bi almost whispers. The image of the tearing of flesh between ferocious sharp teeth sent chills up Na Bi’s arms as she held herself from trembling. She had many visions before, countless…but this one…this one is the most gruesome by far…The previous one she had of the Lonesome Spirit was bad but this one just now…definitely tops it. She has never seen what seems to be another human shredding and devouring another human being in such a barbaric way. Too barbaric — whatever that is, it is — cannot possibly be human.

 

“Is everything okay in here?” Joshua’s voice trails from outside the infirmary room until his widen expression is revealed as he stares at Jun holding onto Na Bi’s arms and her vacant, distraught expression, “Oh my god Jun…What did you do…? Wait…what happened in here?”

 

“Yeah, jeez…what is with the screaming?” Ming Hao grumbles as he pops his head in behind Joshua. He stares at Na Bi accusingly.

 

“Oh no hyung! Don’t misunderstand! I-I, no Na Bi-shii had a vision! A really bad one!”

 

“A…vision?” Joshua repeats. “Why don’t we meet up in the main room? We should all hear in on this.”

 

“If it’s even anything important…” Ming Hao quietly snips as he sends another glance at Na Bi before furrowing his brow and retreating from the doorway.

 

 

`

 

 

“So…what did you see? Take your time and explain it to us.” Seo Woo coaxed as she stood in front of Na Bi who sat in a leather armchair still lost in a vacant gaze. Na Bi wasn’t trying to catch her breath anymore but Seo Woo thought the image of the emptiness in the girl’s eyes looks rather unnerving.

 

“We shouldn’t force her, whatever she saw can be traumatic to her.” Jun reasoned.

 

“Well if she isn’t going to say anything what is the point of gathering us all here? We’re not exactly a rehab group ‘for the mentally scarred from visions’.” Ming Hao said with narrowed eyes and a childlike pout.

 

“Ming Hao.” Seung Cheol warns sternly, a contrast from his usual goofy and warm persona, “If you do not want to be part of the team for the moment you can step out. Once you have sorted out your attitude then return. Okay?”

 

Na Bi looks up at Seo Woo, “Sunbaenim…Park Da Young is in danger. We need to save her.”

 

Seo Woo furrows her brows, “who?”

 

“You know…Park Da Young, my classmate Park Da Young…Year 1 Class 3 Park Da Young. Something, someone is going to get her. Looks human but e-eats human…it’s unlike anything I have ever seen before. She was screaming…blood was everywhere…limb to limb…I don’t think it’s humanly possible but…whoever, whatever ate her — looks human.”

 

“A zombie?” Seung Kwan asks, wincing at disgust at Na Bi’s descriptions.

 

“Haven’t heard of a legitimate record of the actual existence zombies before…” Lee Chan states, scratching his head.

 

“Dino is right, besides one zombie cannot do that much damage that fast. Na Bi-shii can you tell us more?” Joshua asks. His eyes fell into a state of deep thought.

 

“You want her to tell us more?” Seung Kwan’s voice squeaked as he stares at Joshua wide-eyed.

 

“Maybe it’s a vampire.” Won Woo added his two cents.

 

“Jeon Won Woo, don’t be retarded. Vampires not exist.” Seo Woo scolds, rolling her eyes.

 

“…The teeth were sharp and as if once its mouth is opened there are rows among rows more of sharp teeth. When it was done eating…it was like it shed its skin of the previous appearance and…stole, Da Young’s appearance.” Na Bi continues explaining and grimaced at the unbelievable details coming out of her own lips. If she tried to tell this to anyone else there is no way she wouldn’t end up in a mental hospital. Putting that aside, the ugly truth is the fact the girl is in danger! Her vision can be happening to her any moment, any time…they need to do something.

 

“I think we have a ghoul on our hands, guys.” Joshua quirked a brow and crosses his arms over his chest.

 

Na Bi stared at him as if he grew an extra head, “A ghoul?”

 

“A ghoul is a monster that eats human flesh. Generally they dwell in the graveyards and eat corpses. Theoretically they are pretty low on the supernatural pyramid because they are known to be unintelligent and easily controlled. Although I have never heard of a ghoul making an effort to look for fresh human flesh…I’m pretty confident this is what we’re facing because they have one very distinct feature about them — and that is able to shape-shift. Due to the fact that they are so low on the predator chain they have this ability to camouflage and confuse.” Joshua explains like the walking talking supernatural encyclopedia he is. This information must be imbedded in his head to have parents that live and breathe supernatural studies.

 

“We need to go find Da Young now. When I have my visions I don’t know if the actual event is going to happen an hour later or two weeks after or even by seconds.” Na Bi says as she pushes herself up from the armchair.

 

“You still want to help her after she treated you like that?” Seo Woo asks unsurely.

 

Na Bi stares straight into Seo Woo’s perplexed gaze.

 

“Sunbaenim...She does not deserve that. You said so yourself, what we do is not a democracy. We do not get to choose to be a hero or not. How can I have my own personal feelings get in the way of the bigger picture? I was perhaps — wrong, had the wrong attitude approaching all of this. Yet you all came to help me even after all of that and saved me from a beating I deserved from be absorbed in being insensitive. I hope you understand what I am getting at. I don’t want anything to happen to her. S-She doesn’t deserve that. We need to hurry.”

 

“Awwwwwww! That’s so touching Na Bi-ah! It’s good to know you want to be friends now! You have a heart…! For awhile Min Gyu and I were debating if maybe you are actually a cyborg.” Seok Min squeals as he flung his arms over her. Therefore earning him a very taken aback and cold stare from Na Bi who is unfamiliar with contact and enthusiasm in general.

 

“Seok Min, behave yourself.” Seung Cheol shot him a look. Min Gyu hisses at him for ratting him out.

 

Seok Min made a sad puppy face, “S-sorry…”

 

“Na Bi, going into this we can’t just run in and risk our own lives. Ghouls are unintelligent like Ji Soo said, but they are dangerous and deceptive nonetheless. We need to go in with a game plan.” Seo Woo says, ignoring Seok Min who cowered next to Seung Kwan and they started a debate of their own.

 

“Don’t worry, I have already devised a plan.” Ji Hoon states. “We will separate into three units. Ghoul. Da Young. Home base. Joshua, Seung Kwan, Min Gyu, Seok Min and I will stay put to do more research on Ghouls and their weakness. We still do not know how we can effectively destroy them nor know what their weakness is. The ghoul can be anyone, anywhere as we speak…team ghoul is our offensive unit, Seo Woo noona, Won Woo, The8, Dino, Hoshi and Jun will hunt it down and hopefully destroy it before anything happens. Jun will be the tracker. However we still need to take precautions, so team Da Young is defense, Coups hyung, Jeong Han hyung, Na Bi and Vernon will be guarding Park Da Young. For all we know, the ghoul could have shape-shifted into her appearance already. We need to be on full alert.”

 

Na Bi stared at the five-foot-four tall genius in admiration. He came up with that in such a short amount of time. Lee Ji Hoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter