Black Pearl

Soulmate (Chankai/Sekai Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t need a map my heart points me to you

Even if the road ahead is rough I can’t do this where I stand

There wasn’t a moment we were apart or when I forgot about you

If only I can see you at the end of the horizon

(Black Pearl-EXO)



 

“Oh my goodness! So you are saying that Simon- Oh ing Sehun, is your old childhood friend that you lived with for 5 years!”

 

Jongin nodded.

 

“And he use to have a crush on you?”

 

Jongin blushed and nodded again.

 

“Whoa! That’s crazy, Jongie.” Taemin exclaimed.

 

Baekhyun silently nodded in a half-hearted agreement. He wasn’t as interested in the new company model as the other. As Jongin told them the story on how Simon, well Sehun,  had appeared at the company and revealed himself to be Jongin’s old friend, the cat eyed beauty couldn’t help but feel uneasy about the whole thing.

 

“And how about you?” he found himself asking.

 

Jongin turned to him, “Huh?”

 

Baekhyun had a serious look on his face. “You said that Sehun was like in love with you back then, but what about you? Did you like him too?”

 

“Oh my gosh, yes! Why didn’t I think about that,” Taemin said, “Did you, Jongie? Did you?”

 

Jongin looked down at nothing in particular. Well, what would be the harm in admitting it now? It was 14 years ago and he was a kid whose hormones and emotions were all over the place at the time. Whose wasn’t? No big deal.

 

“Yeah..I liked him too. But it was a child crush. It was nothing.” Jongin finally answered.

 

Taemin squealed, “Awwww!! That’s so cute!

 

Jongin let out small chuckled, “Yeah, I guess. But I don’t want to talk about it anymore. Sehun is not the same little boy he was. A lot has changed.”

 

“Yeah, like he is completely gorgeous and has the body of a god.” Taemin muttered.

 

Blushing slightly, Jongin  pushed Taemin playfully, “Stop being weird. You sound like a fanboy.”

 

Taemin giggled, “Oh, I am. I don’t know if I could control myself if I were in your shoes. The moment I saw him I would have jumped him.”

 

“Don’t be silly, Tae,” Baekhyun intervened, “Like he said, it’s been 14 years. He doesn’t even know the guy really. A lot can change in such a long time. He could be a total jerk now.”

 

Jongin winced at his friend’s words.  

 

He could never see Sehun being a jerk. Yeah, he use to be a brat when he didn’t get his way, but he always ended up crying and apologizing for the way he acted.

 

Jongin didn’t realize he was smiling at the memory.

 

But the grin on Taemin’s face indicated that he saw the dancer's smile.  

 

Baekhyun did too. He frowned.

 

“Does Chanyeol know about your past?” Baekhyun asked

 

The smile on Jongin’s lips fell, “He..kind of. He knows most of it. The important stuff about my past.”

 

“Just not about Sehun?” Taemin questioned.

 

“Right,” Jongin confirmed, “I just never felt the need to bring him up.”

 

Baekhyun crossed his legs, “What about now? Are you going to tell him about Sehun now? You know, since the guy is working for Chanyeol now.”

 

Jongin thought before he replied, “I don’t know. I still don’t feel like it's important enough to bring up.”

 

“Hm.” Was all the reply Baekhyun gave.

 

“Well let’s get ready for this damn party. Chanyeol will kill us if we are late.” Taemin said as he rose from Jongin's bed and headed toward the large bathroom.

 

Jongin laughed, "He will  just be killing you. You’re the one that works at his company. Baekkie and I are just plus ones.”

 

Taemin rolled his eyes, “Whatever. Which suit should I wear?”

 

Jongin and Baekhyun looked at each other then back at their long haired friend.

 

“Black one.” they said in unison.

 

~.~.~.~

 

Company parties were always super glamorous. Especially within the entertainment industries. Everyone wanted to show off their new item. Whether is was a fashion design, a song, or new idol. It didn’t matter. Important people all gathered and shared thoughts and exchanged business cards. Others met up and talked about their life of luxury, trips to paris and london.Fancy homes. Fashion shows. Cars.

 

All things Jongin had no interest in.

 

The dancer scanned the room filled with fake smiles and forced laughter. Everything was so...plastic. These didn’t even really like each other. It was all an act to improve business. It was gr-

 

“Gross isn’t it?”

 

Wide eyes turned to the deep voice.

 

“Sehun.”

 

Sehun smirked, “Oh, how I missed the way you say my name.”

 

Jongin quickly turned away from the model, hoping he didn’t notice to slight blush creeping up to his cheeks.

 

Sehun's smile faltered, “Are we going to act like it hasn’t been 14 ing years, chulita.”

 

Jongin's head snapped around, “Don’t call me that.I'm not a girl."

 

“Then don’t act like you haven’t missed me too.”  Sehun countered.

 

Jongin frowned “We’re not talking about this right now, Sehun.”

 

“Why not?” Sehun grabbed Jongin’s arm before the smaller could walk away, “It’s not like anyone can hear us. Probably wouldn’t care to listen even if they could.”

 

Jongin snatched his arm out of Sehun’s grasp, ignoring the pained look the younger gave him.

 

“Why are you being this way, Jongin? I ing missed you. Didn’t you miss me?” Sehun’s eyes were filled with sorrow.

 

“I..”

 

As if on cue, the double doors opened and Chanyeol and a group of his followers walked in.

 

Applause filled the room but Jongin was deaf to it all because he was still thinking about how hurt Sehun sounded. He wasn’t trying to hurt Sehun. He did miss him! A lot! But he was just so ing confused right now. He didn’t know what he was feeling. He was pretty sure what they had was just a silly childhood crush, so why?

 

Why did he feel like he was missing something?

 

He didn’t get a chance to dw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter