Chapter XXI

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji's pov

I was waiting anxiously at the front door of an apartment. I've been here only once but this place feels familiar in my heart, maybe because she lives here.

My eyes were gazing at the floor for I do not know how long. I didn't moved an inch since I came here. 

A pair of shoes suddenly came into my sight. I slowly looked up to see the person that I'm dreading to see the most, staring at me. 

"Why are you here?" chorong asked.

Instead of answering, I knelt down and bowed my head infront of her. I heard her gasped but I continued on what I'm doing.

There's only one reason why I came here.

 

"Please, come back to me." I begged.

 

Though I was afraid, I looked up at her to see her reaction. I know that she was startled but still, it was void of any emotions. I couldn't read what's on her mind and it sent fear throughout my body.

Negative thoughts came flooding into my mind but I shook it away. No. I can do this, I have to.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to do what I did that night. I don't want to lose you so please come back to me." I pleaded with tears that I was holding since I disappeared.

I clasped my hands and rubbed it when she didn't say anything.

"Please." I cried and chanted it for so many times that I couldn't count it.

I'm scared. Scared that she will say no. because this might be my last chance to be with her.

"I love you too much and I can't live without you."

I know I'm being pathetic right now. I'm the one who finally let go and gave her that freaking divorce paper  back but here I am, kneeling and begging for her to come back. But I don't really give a damn right now.

I want her. No, I need her. Even if it means that she'll be with me because of pity, I will wholeheartedly accept it.

And so I continued to begged her as if my life was on the line, because it is.

 

"Stop. Stand up." she said that breaks my heart more, but I pretended to be deaf.

I don't know what she feels but I didn't obey her and continued being the stubborn girl that I am.

"I will do anything for you just please. Please, stay by my side." I once again pleaded.

I won't stop until she says yes. I don't care if she's with bomi right now and if I lose my pride because of this.

I can throw it all away and leave everything for her. I did it once and I wouldn't think twice to do it again because what would be the essence of my life without her?

I continued until I felt her arms around me, it made me feel lighter. She still didn't answer with all my pleading but her embrace comforted me as it felt like an assurance from her.

We stayed like that until my eyes that was heavy from exhaustion and all the crying that I did, finally gave in.

end of pov

 

 

Chorong's pov

It's my first time seeing her like this. She was always smiling and appeared to be tough outside. I was the one who leaned on her most of the time and she was always there to support me.

And now I'm seeing her in this state, all because of me.

She was begging whereas I should be the one at her position because I'm the one who's at fault.

She's putting all the blame on her when all she ever did was to love me more than what I deserved.

 

I didn't know that seeing her cry will hurt this much.

 

Seeing her crumble made my heart in pain. I am clutching my chest trying to stop the throbbing of my heart.

I told her to stop because I couldn't keep watching her being this weak but she didn't listen. I wanted to hug her, and I did.

I know it won't do much, it won't take her pain away but I just want to let her know that I'm here. 

I've put her already on too much pain, I don't want to give her more.

 

She didn't stop and cried herself to sleep while still in my arms. I didn't know how I did but I opened the door of my apartment while she's in my arms and put her in my room. 

I stared at her, watching her sleep. She's still beautiful despite of tiredness. I stood up and decided to let her rest, we can talk about this tomorrow when she's on the right mind.

I realized that she's not herself when I smelled the alcohol while carrying her.

I was about to leave when her hands grabbed mine and pulled me, making me lie down beside her. 

"Don't leave me..again." she mumbled. 

I know that she's already sleeping, but I can still see her pain expression. And it once again hurt me seeing her like this.

That's why I replied whispering to her even if I know that she can't hear me,

 

"I won't."

end of pov

 

 

Eunji sat up when she woke up with an unfamiliar room. The walls were painted in pink and there wasn't much in it except for the closet, a table and the bed, making it spacious. 

After she roamed her eyes inside the room, her gaze landed on the girl that was awaken by her sudden movements.

Eunji felt choked up seeing the older girl beside her that she can't help but to burst in tears in silence.

When chorong finally opened and adjusted her eyes from the sunlight, she widened her eyes in horror when she saw eunji crying while looking at her.

The former was panicking inside but was able to wiped eunji's tears using her thumb.

"Stop crying." chorong sternly instructed when the girl's tears wouldn't stop.

Eunj immediately stopped when she heard the tone of the voice that the girl used. She thought that her tears almost backed away in her eyes too from fright.

"It's early in the morning, why are you crying again?" now, in a gentle voice chorong asked.

She was worried but she almost forgot it when she saw the face of the girl infront of her. Eunji was biting her lip and was sniffing just so she can stop crying.

She laughed and pinched the younger's cheeks lightly. It was hilarious but adorable at the same time.

They talked still sitting at the bed

"Unnie, you didn't answer me last night. Will you come back to me?" Eunji asked with nervousness building up inside her.

"I'm here. What do you think?" chorong asked back.

"Chorong don't asw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter