Chapter XVII

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed and it was already the 24th of december. The streets were freezing and though it was cold, it was full of people outside wearing thick jackets, busy buying gifts and things to prepare for tomorrow.

Among these people were two girls just taking a walk at the side of the road.

"Naeun-ah, why did you call me at this time of hour?" eunji asked shivering from the cold.

"Just because. I wanted to try walking to han river." naeun replied nonchalantly as if she wasn't affected by the cold.

"Suddenly?! You're really a peculiar child. Aigoo, I think you became crazy too." eunji said complaining but still walked with the younger.

When they reached the river, both of them were out of breath especially eunji.

"Let's sit first naeun-ah. I can't go on anymore, I lack of exercise these days." eunji said gasping for air.

Naeun just nodded and sat beside the older on one of the benches. Well, this was actually what she planned. To walk and stop exactly where they are to confess.

Yes, she was planning to confess her feelings tonight.

"So, what came into your mind and you wanted to come here? It's almost midnight soon, don't you have any plans for christmas?" eunji asked when she rested for a bit.

"Nope. My family's abroad so no one's really waiting for me at home." she replied that made eunji regret that she asked.

"Why didn't you go to them?" eunji still didn't stop asking as she was curious to naeun's life. 

She know the latter for more than a month now but she only knows a little about her life.

"I'm busy and I figured that they were too. Even now, I can imagine them flipping through their papers and being frantic meeting their clients." Naeun replied again making eunji stare at her with pity. 'she must have been so sad .' she thought.

Naeun stared back at her and laughed. Well, eunji looks like rudolf the red nose reindeer right now. Her cheeks were also red from the cold.

"Don't look at me like that unnie. I'm not pitiful and no, I'm not sad. I'm actually happy with my life because I can do anything freely without restrictions." Naeun said putting her hands on eunji's face and gently pushed it.

The older's eyes widened and before she can talk, naeun cutted her off. "And no, I'm not a mind reader unnie." making eunji's eyes widened twice.

"Woah. I got goosebumps! How did you know what I'm thinking?" eunji exclaimed and looked at naeun with awe.

"I didn't. It's written on your face." naeun said and chuckled at the childish eunji infront of her.

"Anyway unnie, I called you because I want to say something." eunji felt a little nervous but she didn't know why. The sudden change of mood and tone in the voice of naeun just scared her.

"What is it?"

 

 

Naeun's pov

I stopped for a moment and breathe deeply, gathering courage to say those three words.

"I like you." I said but she didn't seem to hear it.

"What did you say?" she asked trying to focus on what I said.

"I like you! No, I really, really like you Jung eunji!" I said almost shouting making sure that she can hear me this time.

Thankfully, there's no one except us in that area. I looked at her and she was gaping at me in shock.

"I-I.." she couldn't continue, guessed she doesn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry." She eventually said and looked away from me. 

I think my breath hitched when I heard her say that. "No, don't be." I calmly said making her look back at me again, confused.

"Don't be sorry unnie. You're wondering why I'm acting this way, right?" I asked and she nodded.

"I actually expected this to happen. I know that you don't think of me the same way." yes, I did expected it but confessed nonetheless .

I closed my eyes and smiled sadly. Well, I'm still hurt though I knew this would happen. I was preparing myself before this, but I guess you can't really tell what your heart should do because it act on its own.

This was my first time liking someone, confessed and got rejected right away. But surprisingly, I'm not that hurt opposite to what I thought.

I actually felt light, as if a rock was lifted off of my chest. 

"Why did you confessed even if you knew that I'll reject you? Are you a masochist?!" eunji unnie asked breaking the silence and tried to make the atmosphere back in which she succeeds.

I giggled at her attempt to joke before answering,           " Because I don't want to have regrets by not saying my feeling to you. I don't want to be full of what if's in the future just because I didn't tell you." I replied and silence once again enveloped us.

 

"Naeun-ah." She opened the conversation again.

"Hm?" I answered still closing my eyes.

"Will you please look at me, milady?" she said that made me laugh and so I did what she asked me to.

"Listen, I honestly think that you don't like me naeun-ah. What you're feeling was just infatuation." she said that made me arched a brow at her. 

What is she trying to say?

"You don't like nor love me naeun-ah. Look at your surroundings and search your heart. I believe that you already found her. A long time ago, way too long before you even met me." She continued with a genuine smile. Her eyes were softly looking at me as if she's talking to a child.

I was puzzled. I think this was the most confused I've ever been in my life.

"You might not understand me now, but you will in the future. Trust me." she once again said before looking away and smile at no one.

end of pov

 

 

"Eunji unnie, what will you do tomorrow?" naeun asked.

They're still infront of the han river and the older looks like she doesn't plan to leave soon.

"Probably sleep. Or I can go to minhyuk's place and mess with his peaceful life so that we can celebrate together." eunji replied while playing with the snow on the ground.

"Do you want to celebrate with us? We'll go to chorong's apartment tomor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter