Chapter XXII

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We're married." out of the blue, eunji announced.

The six girls were eating on a fancy restaurant for the night. They had just ended all their work when they got a call from chorong. It was surprising as the latter don't really call them much because usually bomi was the one relying the message on them. But what's more odd was chorong came with eunji while bomi came with naeun, when bomi would always stick with the oldest.

It was an unfamiliar sight to see but the two youngest just shrugged it off. But the sudden announcement made them especially namjoo and hayoung, shocked by the news.

Though bomi and naeun already know this, they can't help but to be startled too. Bomi stopped on eating because she felt like she lost her appetite by what she heard. Naeun on her side, saw that her bestfriend got tense. She lightly patted bomi's back which made the latter ease a little.

While namjoo whose on the same line of seat with the two almost--well, really spat the food from being utterly surprised that went directly to hayoung's face whose mouth was wide open with her hand holding a spoon full of food hanging on the air. 

"Unnie, if it's a joke then I must say it is really not funny." said hayoung when she composed herself.

Eunji and chorong were just silent sign that saying it wasn't and it once again let them widen their eyes.

"What do you me--?!" namjoo almost shouted but was cutted as hayoung was quick to cover .

"Unnie, calm down. We're inside the restaurant." hayoung hushed her unnie who was still not over it.

Luckily, the place was a bit exclusive and there weren't so much people in there cause they will for sure be the center of attraction as their table got quite messy.

"Unnie, what do you mean you're married? Please enlighten us." hayoung asked as she was really confused.

"Yes, please elaborate." namjoo said like a teacher instructing her students. "I mean, how can you be married? I believe you two have just met about a month ago and that's really a short time to get to know each other." she continued.

"And when did you get married? I thought eunji unnie were missing for about two weeks and even you, chorong unnie, had no clue about her location. So when and where exactly did you do it without us knowing?" hayoung added.

They consecutively ask questions that eunji's head got dizzy but thankfully, chorong remembers it all.

"We got married three years ago." chorong started that only made the two got more confused while bomi and naeun were just silently listening.

They know about the marriage but not the process. They also wanted to know so even though it looks like they weren't looking and didn't care, their ears were focused on chorong.

She explained all on how they met, how they got married and how did they end up here, and in this situation. It was long but the four were eager to listen that they almost forgot their food except for namjoo who was feeding herself bit by bit.

"I never thought that the girl eunji unnie was getting crazy about is you, unnie." hayoung said after the long story, referring to chorong.

"It's really a small world, isn't it?" namjoo said smiling.

"Though it's late, congratulations on your marriage. I hope you two continue to prosper in the future." naeun talked for the first time since they started their dinner.

She was sincere and genuine on what she said. Namjoo and hayoung are also happy for them actually but there's one thing that lingers on their mind.

Bomi.

She must be in a lot of pain by this. Fortunately, she still have naeun by her side. They know that the latter will take care of bomi and they can only pray that she'll get better soon.

 

When they started to feel hunger again, their attention went back on the food infront of them.

"I'll just go into the restroom." bomi excused herself.

"I'll be back a in sec." chorong followed after a minute too.

When they were not in sight, eunji turned her head to naeun.

"Will bomi be alright?" eunji asked lowly making sure that their two dongsaengs wouldn't hear.

"She will but let's hope that it will be soon." naeun smiled to comfort the completely worried and guilty eunji.

"I'm sorry to you too." eunji said again.

"Ey, we've talked about this right? It's okay. You don't have to be sorry." naeun showed that she was really fine and earned a nod from eunji.

 

 

When chorong reached her destination, she saw bomi washing her hands on the sink. The younger continued though she can feel the presence of someone joining her.

Chorong went beside her and pretended to fixed herself. She weaved a deep sigh before casually greeting bomi, "Hey."

Their gaze met each others through the mirror before finally faced each other.

"I'm really sorry. I know that you've been hearing this a lot from me and you're probably getting tired of it, but I really am. I really don't know how I can apologise and how I can make it up to you." chorong said, stopping herself from crying. She had enough of tears so she was trying to control it.

Bomi was just looking at her so she continued, "I didn't meant to hurt you, I didn't know that I'm still married. If I had known, then I would not have given you hope and hurt you like this. I loved you, and it's true. But it was no--"

"Not enough compared to eunji, right?" Bomi cutted her off.

"After thinking about it, you can't really help it when a situation like this happen. I know that you're not the kind of person to hurt people intentionally. I've forgiven you already so you don't have to do anything. Time will heal my wound." bomi said so softly that made chorong tears flowed from her eyes.

'How can she be this nice?'  She thought.

"I'm really sorry." 

"It's not fine but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter