Chapter XX

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong's pov

Two weeks. 

Two freaking weeks and eunji was nowhere to be found. I haven't seen her nor her shadows anywhere.

Neither of our friends knows her whereabouts too. Still, even if I didn't have the slightest idea on where she went, I looked for her at places that I think she might be.

Just like now. I went to the site hoping that I will see her here but just like the other days, I failed yet again. 

"That was one heck of a long sigh." minhyuk suddenly said when he came to my side.

I didn't know how many times I sighed for the whole week. I know I'm a mess right now but I didn't care. When eunji told me those things that night, I don't know, but something touched my heart. And suddenly I found myself all over the places looking for her when she disappeared that same night too.

Just when my heart woke up from a deep slumber and is now ready to open up, she left.

"Still finding her?" he asked.

I nodded and my gaze landed on the place where she would always stand, talking and laughing with the people in here.

"Yes, It's like looking for a needle in a haystack." I chuckled at my own words.

I sounded poetic and I feel like a different person these days. I get sensitive and I appreciate things that I didn't even notice before.

Just because of her.

"Well, it's really hard to find someone that's hiding from you. Harder than catching a criminal." he commented that made us both laughed.

"Hey chorong, do you want to hear stories?" he said out of a sudden when the laughter died down.

He wasn't looking at me but he was smiling. His hands were tucked inside on the pockets of his jeans. I didn't know that he was this handsome, glad that eunji didn't fell for him.

I hummed as a sign of yes. I know that he will talk about her and honestly, I really wanted to hear how she has been the past years that I was gone. Eunji looks like she changed but at the same time I can feel that she wasn't.

"But let's talk this over dinner, shall we?" He said giggling when my tummy suddenly made a sound, growling.

I blushed from embarassment but I was able to nod. I was really hungry as it was almost night. I went in cheongju straight from work without having anything because it might be a waste of time. She could have leave while I was eating so with that thought, I quickly drove here.

 

 

We used the car that I brought, which is owned by the firm. And though we agreed to go to a restaurant to eat, we ended up to a bar that we saw while passing by. 

"It's a good place to talk." he said and I couldn't agree more.

It wasn't a bar where there's a blinding light and swarms of people dancing on the dance floor. The place was actually quiet and there's only few people enjoying their time drinking beers and listening to the band playing acoustics in front.

We found a table that was a bit far to the music so that we can hear each other and talk.

We sat and ordered a proper meal that I was thankful when I saw their menu. I thought they would only have drinks and maybe snacks in here.

We ate in silence and when we finished, I asked him.

"So would you mind telling your stories now?" I was holding now a bottle of beer and him too.

We had to drive ourselves home so we just get the drink with the lowest alcohol in it.

"Where do you want me to start?" he asked smilling, showing his eye smile.

"Before she met me. Tell me about eunji's previous self first." I said when I remember that eunji told me about this man who was really similar to her when we were still together. I figured that she was talking about minhyuk now that I see him.

He cleared his throat as if readying himself to narrate a very long story so I prepared my ears in listening too.

"Eunji was such a social butterfly before she met you. Everywhere we went, there would always be people surrounding her." He started and smiled from his memories.

"But I guess she changed when she met you. We hanged out almost everyday before but it lessen until she didn't showed up anymore." he said that made me a little guilty because I can hear the sadness in his voice.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because she fell in love with you. We actually heard a lot of you from her." he said.

"Do you know that we were in band together before?" he asked smiling again. He looks like a child telling his happy memories.

"She was in a band?" I asked utterly surprised.

I didn't know that she loves music that much. I just saw her played guitar once when she was courting me but I know that she can sing well because she sometimes lulled me to sleep. She was as good as a professional singer.

He nodded before answering. "Yes. It was actually her dream, to make music that can heal people. She was our vocalist but she played guitar or the piano sometimes whenever some of us were not around."

"But then again, it came to a point where she didn't show up too. We didn't know what happen as she left without notice. She just suddenly disappear without any explanations and it made us angry actually. Who wouldn't? We were together since college years but we felt like we weren't important to her when she left us." he continued.

"Why would she do that?" I was just asking that to myself but I think minhyuk heard me.

"It's because she loved you too much." He said staring directly at me. 

It wasn't insulting nor I can feel any remorse from his voice but I think he was just letting me know it.

"But I understand her sooner than our friends, I was the closest to her and I know her more than them after all. Her parents died when she was young and I guess she found the love and care she's been finding in you. I understand that she can sacrifice anything just to be with you." he said that made me sadder from knowing her past. 

There's so much things that I really don't know about her.

"One day, I saw her wearing a suit that she hated so much before. It really looks awkward to her as I only saw her wearing plain shirts with a jacket that she will pair to a jeans before. She was that comfortable." he laughed.

"I figured that she finally to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter