Ch.4- Welcome Home

Starstruck

Ch. 4- Welcome Home
   Minseok stood in the middle of the small and almost suffocating bathroom. He briefly wondered when was the last time he had the windows washed, which had a significant amount of dust in the corner. He stared at the chipped paint on the walls and briefly remembered how Lu Han had sworn that no other color could work for a bathroom than olive green. Olive green…what a color.

   He had taken to hiding inside the small room before Sehun was scheduled to come and take him to a restaurant he had mentioned to his cousin in passing. Now, he couldn't imagine how that one time comment had landed him in a predicament he wasn't in the least prepared for. 

 "You've been in here for 15 minutes." Jongdae's voice said beside his ear. He was positioned beside in the mirror. Staring at his awkward form as if he was still learning how mirrors worked.

 "I'm scared." He admitted. Voice clear and ready to be graced with an answer.

"He's just a kid. I'm sure he'll get flustered before you do." Jongdae managed to come up with. Sadly, that was the last thing that had been grating on his mind.

 "No, I'm scared of what this means." His younger cousin's face dropped a bit. He was finally admitting it. For a moment, he pondered whether or not he really wanted Minseok to break his act and part from this complicated charade in his life. For, there was still someone coming at 8.

 "Well, you don't have to explain it. Maybe this whole Sehun thing will clear it up for you." Minseok could only hope. 

   They walked out of the bathroom and Minseok fiddled with his black and off-white button up. The off-white coming from the constant splashing of creamer and milk that had made their home on him. It was his day to day dress code after all.

 "Ready hyung? I hope you're hungry!" Sehun suddenly appeared and scared him a bit more than he was willing to admit. 

   He saw that the younger had taken time to pick out a more appropriate outfit for their outing. Black skinny jeans and an off- clack sweater with a cardigan. However, the facemask and sunglasses had taken up their normal habitat on his face. Letting Minseok know he was still protecting his debuting image.

"Ah, just let me lock up and..." He patted his pockets for the keys but, Jongdae pulled them out of his own pocket instead.

"I'll finish up here hyung. You hurry along." He said waving them out. Sehun taking this as a sign to haul him out of his safe haven and out on the street.

It had gotten colder as night had fallen and the night lights had come on. Making the nightlife seem more welcoming than, he previously thought. Sehun walking in comfortable silence beside him.

They entered the restaurant. It was a warm and cozy place. Not fully city or country. It gave off an older vibe than, what he knew it actually was. 

 

As they were lead to their table he still, however, felt the nagging possibility of what could happen. Was enjoying himself in the younger man's presence a crime? He couldn't deny that he was attracted to him or that it made him feel good to have a fresh face in his life. But, it didn't have to have the snowball effect he feared so much. Kyungsoo and Jngdae could just be imagining things.

He was getting accustomed to the considerably younger's jokes and interesting sense of humor. The time spent making the specialty drinks for him gave him insight to him that he thought should be impossible for such a mundane customer.

They ordered and Sehun began going on about that day's practice and promotion plans. His role in the group and the many people involved. 

"I don't feel like getting up from the bed some days. Y'know? Like, whats the point? Progress is slow and it's wearing me down." Minseok looked up from his plate. Chewing thoughtfully at his statement. 

"Would it be worth it?" He said, going in for another bite.

"Worth what?"

"Letting all that progress go. I mean, you said it's been two years and I know some people can stay way longer than that. I'd say you are pretty advanced for someone who's not seeing his actual progression." The words roll off his tongue.

 

"I could just be a fluke." Sehun was not making eye contact anymore. Staring intensely at a wall.

"Or you could be scared of the hard work to come. What makes you doubt yourself is that you're aware that the things you want take hard work. I suppose that the first step to achieving stardom or whatever." He began nibbling at the last bits on his chopsticks.

Sehun stared at his hyung’s face. A small smile edged its way on his face.

 

“Thanks.” He muttered. Minseok, of course, continued to eat but, slowly realizing this moment in time had happened so many times before. He had always had to come up with encouraging words and strategies to help Lu Han through. He hardly noticed when he was doing it on autopilot. Reassurance came naturally to him.

“No problem.”

“So, tell me more about you, Latte Master? Were you born into coffee?” He smirked at him.

“I’ll have you know that espresso runs through my blood. What do you want to know?”

“How old you are for starters.” He focused more on him now, as the meal was long finished.

“Oh. 26.”

“Oh, you’re an old man. I thought you might be a dropout closer to my age.”

“Yah, I finished school on time. I could be old enough to be your father!” He shouted. Thrown for a loop.

“That’s not even possible!”

“You don’t have enough years on earth to tell me whats possible.”

“It’s basic math!” Sehun managed to laugh out. 

“I guess the curriculum has changed since I’ve been out of school.” They were both laughing now. Tension broken. They talked more about plans for the coffee shop and a possible hair color change for Sehun. The endearing lisp hanging at the beginning of his words and making his stories more his and unique.

“Oh yeah, I had to get braces, too.”

“Ah, did you get them taken off? I don’t see them.” Minseok questioned, leaning forward.

“No, look underneath.” He looked up giving him a better look at the wires hiding behind his teeth.

“Do they hurt?”

“Like a hyung. Like a .” They erupted into comfortable laughter now. He just enjoyed himself. This is what he'd hoped it be like. Just sitting and talking with a friend. Not questioning his loyalty, no matter how many times he does it on his own.

"You don't do this alot do you?" 

"Hmm, do what?"

"Well, you know, go on dates with hot guys?" Minseok stopped for a minute but, of course, instead of proclaiming his undying love for someone else and trying to clear up they're relationship....he got insulted.

"Of course, not. That's why this is practice for when I find a hot guy. I'm way too good for you, Why are kids these days so egotistical?" 

"Ah, why're you being mean? And you're not even that old!"

"Yah, flirt better then, youngling." He stuck his tongue out at him. 

"Flirt better, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"S-Stop getting ideas." Minseok stuttered out.

"I got it from you!" He whined.

"Sorry, my memory is going from age."

"Hyung!"

                Even though of course, he was having fun, it was getting later than he usually stayed out. Plus, he still needed to get home. He looked at the phone to see just how late it was.Sighing, he began taking the last bites of his second round of food because, why not?

“A-Aish, it’s late. We’ve got to get you back to your dorm.” Minseok said, standing up. He started fishing for his wallet.

“Take me to my dorm? You’re more likely to get mugged with that baby face and height of yours. You look like a teenager.” Sehun joked. “I can pay for my half, hyung. You don’t have to.”

“You expect me to believe that just weeks after you debuted you have extra cash? Not on your life. And I’m a grown man! I've seen more wars than you!”He stomped his foot with his last exclamation.

“If I can’t pay let me get you home. No exceptions.”

“No exceptions my , brat.” Minseok grumbled but still left out the restaurant. Waving the older woman at the cash register.

"You kids have fun!" She called after him. Minseok prayed that she didn't think they were together. God, knows he didn't need another reason for his mind to venture.

                They fell into step soon enough. Minseok leading the way. Completely at ease. Cars flying past and people hailing taxes from the side. The drunk businessmen began to wonder about and the night was in full swing. Just in time for him to call it quits. Mind free of his long-distance, long-term, high maintenance secret. Just Sehun's teasing and him pretending to be offended.

                “This is me.”

                “Cool, let’s go up. You have your key out?”

                “W-Who said you were coming up? You could be a serial killer.”

                “But I’m not. Please, I just want to know. PLEEAAASSSEEE!” Sehun begged in a louder voice, starting to shake Minseok’s arm.

                “Fine, fine, but you’re not staying.” He said, trying to put authority into his voice but, Sehun just did a small fist pump. Shaking his head they made their way up the stairs.

                “Is this it?”

                “No, we stopped at a random door.”

                “Don’t be sarcastic hyung. That’s mean.” He simply huffed before opening the door.

                He stopped in his tracks. Sehun bumping into his back. Not knowing why he’d paused. Luggage was next to the door. Had the light from the television not been on, he would have tripped. Of course, he knew whose bags these were.

                “Lu Han?” He spoke out to himself, more than to the figure on the couch.

                “Seok?” The figure began, to sit up and head to the pair at the door.

Then, they’re eyes locked but, Lu Han’s eyes didn’t stay on him for long . Instead it went to the man who’d entered with him.

                

 

 

 

A/N: I'll add Lu Han's POV in the next chapter. I know people like to hear his thoughts.