Ch. 3- I'll Be Your Superstar

Starstruck

Ch. 3- I’ll Be Your Superstar

 

Regular POV

3 Weeks Later…..

                The café was hopping. Customers standing and waiting for the liquid gold that they were holding captive behind the counter. Two baristas and a cashier working quickly to get them in and out the door. Making sure not to miss one detail in even the most difficult request.

Minseok was of course on top of his game. Used to every hard word and phrase that was aimed his way. Monday mornings were like a cake walk. Of course, maybe Kyungsoo hated the people pouring in like it was the end of the world but, nevertheless, business was good.

“Another latte to go, Seok.” Kyungsoo threw behind him nonchalantly. The barista nodded and begin his cycle. “It’s for your regular.” Minseok looked up finally to see Sehun’s face. Well, half of it was hidden behind a mask but, he knew who it was.

“Back again. I thought new debuts were supposed to take care of themselves. Not drown themselves in coffee.” He shot over his shoulder at the completely covered figure.

“Please put lots of love in it, hyung.” A familiar slightly lisped voice spoke from under the mask. His eyes clearly showing the smile coming from underneath. Minseok rolled his eyes and scoffed. It didn’t however, stop the blush that decided to make it’s home on his face.

Jongdae turned to see his cousin flustered at the younger’s bluntly put phrase. It was after that first day when Sehun had started to make his presence known in the coffee shop. He would stand on the side and make idle conversation to whomever was working, which was usually the owner himself. So, it wasn’t long before it was revealed that Sehun was a new debut in a group called EXO.

Jongdae would be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy seeing his cousin happy. Something about the young man brightened Minseok’s day and he didn’t want to interfere with the reminder of his crumbling kind-of relationship. It was nice to forget and enjoy, he supposed. Minseok went over to hand the cup of coffee to Sehun who was waiting eagerly for it.

“Does it come with anything extra?” He asked which puzzled Minseok that he stared back in silence.

“What else could come with a coffee?” Head tilted to the side.

“Ah, so cute. I think it should come with my hyung going to dinner with me.” A small wink following his proposal.

Minseok went blank. In all of Sehun’s ventures here he couldn’t imagine him asking him out to dinner. However, he wondered for a minute if dinner was even an option. Maybe he should just specify that it was completely a brotherly relationship but, he didn’t want to. What would Jongdae think of this? This is practically cheating. Well, maybe…he could…

“Ah, he would love to. Pick him up from around 8, yeah?” Jongdae butted in.

“H-huh, w-what?”

“He’s always wanted to try that new restaurant down the street, right hyung?”

“Well, yeah, b-but, I can’t just…well, y’know.” He tried but, failed.

“I will see you at 8 hyung.” The new debut said rushing out. Minseok turned with a vicious glare towards his cousin.

“Jongdae, that wasn’t your decision to make. You know what type of situation I’m in right now?” He hissed. Jongdae barely turned around to answer him. Still being in the middle of the coffee rush and all.

“You needed it. No one likes to see you mopey are or you flipping through the channels angrily to make sure your boyfriend isn’t on T.V. again.” Minseok closed his mouth before he could think of anything to refute him.

“You don’t deserve to sit at home and wait like some dog. You have a life you need to live too. Being loved and having attention shouldn’t stop for you. Go and enjoy yourself.” Kyungsoo said. He had barely noticed them taking care of the last person in line before focusing all their attention on him.

“I guess it’s not so bad. B-but just as friends.” He picked up a forgotten lid from the floor.

“So, what if it does escalate, huh? Would it be so bad?” Kyungsoo added.

Minseok looked down at the cracked lid again. Thought about the lonely nights and the answering service that he heard more times than an answered call. Would it be so bad to have someone here again? To want after him as much as he did them. Would it be betraying the one love he had worked so hard on? Would all the years be for nothing?Maybe…

 

 

 

Lu Han’s POV

During the same time that day

I sat up from the hotel bed. Well rested for once. It felt so good to just let my body and my float off for a while. Just recharging felt like a burden. Finally, I was free from my schedule. To be able to fly home to my Minnie without having someone calling me back because of some ‘emergency’ interview or ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ opportunity.

Minseok should just be handling the rush right now. Probably blowing through orders and listening to Jongdae’s humor and Kyungsoo’s monotone voice. He probably doesn’t even see the world go by around him as he makes latte art and slow drip coffee. He probably has on one of his gummy smiles as he listens to customers comment on his skills and professionalism. How hard my Minseok works.

I could almost picture my baby just dozing off on the couch like he does on Mondays after work. Staring at some variety show and commenting lazily along with it. Only this time I’d be on the couch with him, too. I’d run my fingers through his hair and listen to all his worries. Listen to picky customer’s orders. About ahjummas who stand in line who’s never heard of any of the drinks and he takes time to listen to every one of their questions even though he knows they’ll just get black coffee. I’d listen to him.

I’d hang on every word. With my arms wrapped around him as we fell asleep to the sound of voices and just basking in each other’s presence. I would give anything to have those moments right now. So, I need to make sure no one will interrupt us. No matter what. I have to make up with him for all these days and make things right. We both need to put in effort and I’ll do anything to show him I’m still trying.

Some days though, they were tough. I wanted to run and hide from everyone most days because they were tough.

I pick up my phone and look at the time. I’ll get there as soon as the coffee shop closes. As he walks in from the hard day and I’ll be there like he was for me all those years ago. With a smile and welcoming arms.

3 Years Ago

“I-I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep up.” Luhan said as he sat on the curb outside the dorm.

It was way past two 2 am in the morning but, he had somehow ended calling Minseok. Desperation and obvious sobbing could be heard through the line. Minseok had not hesitated to climb out of bed and rush on the bus and find his friend in all his misery.

“Of course, you can keep up. So the choreographer is an . You deserve to be there as much as the Korean trainees!” Arms enveloping him as Lu Han’s head finally landed on his shoulder.

“, I even address the sunbaes wrong sometime and I don’t remember everyone’s name and my voice keeps cracking because my throat isn’t resting…” He trailed off. The pitiful sobs overtaking him before he was unable to keep listing his faults and the daily struggles of what an idol is supposed to be.

“Hey, listens it’ll all be over. If you really want this then it’ll all be over soon. One day you’ll be dancing on this stage and you won’t even remember this. It doesn’t matter how may dirty looks or how much money gets flashed your way. You’ve got the talent alright.” He said, squeezing the other boy harder.

“Y-yeah but,…”

“And me, too.” Minseok let go to take his face in his hands and cupped both cheeks. Angling his face down just a bit to look in his eyes. “You’ve got me, right?”

Without thinking, the taller pressed his lips to his. Not caring who would see or who would walk pass. Just knowing that he was safe here in his arms and they both had each other. Seeing him right now meant the world.

“You’ll never leave right?” He whispered as he pulled himself closer. Physically needing all of him right then and there.

“I’ll always be right here, even if I you get tired of me.” Minseok said into his shoulder.

“Never, I’ll always want you here.” Kissing him again and turning toward the dorm.

“I’ll be your biggest fan no matter what. G’night, Han. Love you.”

“Love you, too.” He waved and headed inside. Ready to take on the next challenge. Ready to take on the world with Minseok by his side.

I debuted later that year and every time he was there to support me. Carrying both of our emotional baggage. Even if I know it had to be irritating for him to come over here at night or take a phone call from me. No matter what he had been by my side. That’s why I need to leave tonight. I know he’s waiting on me to make up for my promises. All the things we knew we could put in each other. I know in the end, I’ll be choosing him.

I begin packing. A smile on my face. Tonight, I can erase all the tough days and just be alone with the one I love.  My biggest fan, Minseok.

 

 

 

A/N: I wrote again. Hope you enjoy it. Tell me if I'm making progress.