The Lunch, The Sudden Thought

Up to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon's humming to her favorite song as she walks into Taekwoon's room, bringing some documents to be discussed later.

"Excuse me, Miss Yoon. Is Mister Jung available in the room?" Asked Hakyeon to Yoon Bora, a beautiful tan girl who works at the receptionist desk in front of Taekwoon's room.

"I'm sorry Miss Cha, Mister Jung is still at the meeting but it should be ended before lunch. Is there anything I could help you?"

Hakyeon didn't make a call or appointment before because she thought that she'll just leave the documents here and be back after lunch whether Taekwoon is in the room or not.

She doesn't know why she suddenly feel disappointed of herself. Or perhaps actually she knows why but she tries to hide it?

Actually they had talked about the documents by text yesterday. Only the points though since they also talked about nothing and anything, especially the kids.

Ah, did Hakyeon forgot to tell you something?

Well, time flies.

It's been ten months since the first time Hakyeon moved to Seoul and works for Shangrila Group as the new Chief Marketing Officer. Not only her works that improve, but also her relationship with Taekwoon.

At first she thought Taekwoon is very hard to talk to (in which she's not actually wrong) yet he's approachable enough to Hakyeon's like.

Hakyeon remember the first time they developed their conversation from work stuffs to something more personal.

Err...

Not really personal, or was it?

No, no. They didn't talk about themselves.

They talked about the kids since it's the topic that Taekwoon definitely comfortable to talk about and something that Hakyeon curious about.

Starting from here, their serious-and-always-related-to-business-and-work talk changes little by little to something light and more comfortable. Sometimes they talk about themselves (mostly Hakyeon who talks because we know Taekwoon is not that open) but it's far from too personal.

Hakyeon also came to the Jungs residence several times when the Jung seniors asked her to. They often invite her for dinner in the weekend and the kids are more than glad to see Hakyeon joined them for dinner. When she happened to not bring her car, Taekwoon and the kids would drove her home.

So... Can Hakyeon say that she and Taekwoon already be friends? Probably.

"Well, I just want to bring the documents for Mister Jung to be examined and approved. May I leave it here, Miss Yoon?"

The receptionist smiled as Hakyeon handed the documents. "Of course you may, Miss Cha."

"Thank you, Miss Yoon."

"You're welcome, Miss Cha."

They share a smile before Hakyeon bows and turns her heels when some cute voices' getting closer.

"The cuties are coming~" Hakyeon sing-songed.

"They must be waiting for Mister Jung."

Hakyeon nodded. "Definitely for lunch."

"Whoaaa~! Hakyeon Auntie is here! Good afternoon, Auntie and Miss Yoon." Sanghyuk greeted happily, bowing.

Wonshik and Hongbin also look as happy as their little brother.

"Good afternoon, Hakyeon Auntie and Miss Yoon."

"Good afternoon, Young Masters and Young Lady Jung." The ladies greeted back in unison.

Hakyeon smiled widely. "You must be looking for Mister Jung, right?"

The kids nod cutely.

"Daddy promised us yesterday that we'll have lunch together after he's done with the meeting." Hongbin explained with a smile that shown her cute dimples.

"I see, Young Lady." Bora nodded. "Would you like to wait for Mister Jung in his room?"

"Of course, Miss Yoon." Wonshik grinned. "Hakyeon Auntie, please accompany us in Daddy's room."

Hakyeon looks surprised because of Wonshik's plea. She turns her head to Hongbin and Sanghyuk, only to find them wearing the same expression as Wonshik..

How can she avoid those innocent puppy eyes? The puppy eyes that got herself fell in love at the first sight with them?

Hakyeon feels so torn because right now they're still in the office. She wouldn't mind if they ask her outside the office area. But on the other side, she could feel that she hasn't have the heart to disappoint them.

It's impossible to resist these cuties, anyway.

What should she do?

"If there's nothing related to work that have to be done in hurry, why don't you try to accept their request, Miss Cha?" Bora clearly doesn't want to see the kids upset.

"Please, Auntie?"

"We won't be naughty, promise!"

Hongbin looks at her brothers and Hakyeon expectantly. She looks unsure yet this time she doesn't share her thoughts and just looking at them in silence.

Hakyeon bites her lips. Has she had the heart to disappoint these little Jungs?

Surely no.

.

.

.

"Auntie, how's Japan? Is it beautiful like we used to see it in the picture?"

Hakyeon blinked her eyes twice. "You guys ever went to Japan, right?"

Wonshik and Hongbin nod at the same time while their little brother shakes his head, confused.

"When did Noona and Hyung went to Japan?"

Wonshik turned his head toward his twin sister. "When was it, Binnie?"

Hongbin rolls her eyes. Why did he nod when he didn't even remember when was the last time they went to Japan?

"Two years ago."

"Two years ago? Did you guys go to Japan without me?" Sanghyuk whined.

"No? That time you were in Aussie with the grannies and the grandpas." Hongbin explained.

Seems like Sanghyuk doesn't buy his sister explanation. "Still, why didn't you guys asked me to go together? Dad too."

"Err... Suddenly I think the same too."

"Shikie, shouldn't you be on my side and explaining to Hyukie?"

"Is that so?" Wonshik blinked his sloppy eyes. "Hmm... Let me think about that time because I... Forgot."

Having brothers like Wonshik and Sanghyuk are really testing her patience.

"Look at them, Auntie..." Hongbin sighed, glancing exasperatingly at her brothers. "Now you know how hard for me to keep my hair black."

"What's so hard about keeping the black hair? You just have to wash it like, once in two days, right?" Came again Wonshik's absurd question.

Hongbin wonders if his twin brother is really this clueless or stupid or whatever Hongbin has in her mind.

Hakyeon laughs wholeheartedly as she watches the little Jungs bickering each other (or should she call it as Hongbin's being sassy to her brothers?).

She tries to place herself in Taekwoon's shoes.

How does it feel to have such wonderful and amazing kids like Jung Wonshik, Jung Hongbin, and Jung Sanghyuk?

Hakyeon bets her life will never get boring if she has them as kids.

"You guys are so cute~" Hakyeon cupped her own cheeks. "Just so you know, I'm holding myself not to pinch your chubby cheeks."

The little Jungs giggle as well. Hayeon said they're chubby but perhaps she forgot that she's also as chubby as them.

"Seriously, why didn't you guys asked me even if I was in Aussie? I could ask the grannies and the grandpas to catch you there." Sanghyuk's unsatisfied thirst still here.

"Aussie and Japan isn't that near even by plane. That's all."

"But---"

"Just please stop asking about that, will you, Hyukie? We're so sorry for not asking you to go with us. It's already in the past and we'd ask Daddy to arrange our next holiday to Japan if you want to." Hongbin sighed for the umpteenth times, clearly tired of this topic though they just talked about this less than ten minutes.

"Noona~"

But Hongbin stops listening and just glaring at his brother who finally shut his mouth up before he makes his sister becomes more pouty.

.

.

.

Taekwoon enters his room only to find the kids and Hakyeon talk and laugh happily.

They don't realize his presence yet and Taekwoon thinks he'd like to see them from afar a little bit more.

Wonshik and Hongbin sit on Hakyeon's left and right side while Sanghyuk sit on the woman's lap. They're backfacing him.

He could see how attentive Hakyeon to whatever talks the kids doing now. She nods, reply when she thinks she needs to, and laughs together with them.

Maybe some people feel that Taekwoon is too much with everything related to his children, but in fact (that he never shared with anyone than his parents), he does know when people are genuine or pretending around the kids.

And right now he could say that he couldn't feel any falsehood of Hakyeon's act. She doesn't pretend anyting.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter