(Another) Beautiful Stranger

Up to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon's eyeing her surrounding, feeling amaze and kind of proud of herself for successfully making her way into this company.

No, no. It's not like that her previous company isn't good, no. But, hey! Who doesn't know Shangrila Group these days?

An international group which known as hotel-chain and restaurant branding who has more than ten buildings in Asia then five buildings spreading internationally.

Lead by Jung Wonjin as the President and his only son Jung Taekwoon as the CEO, Shangrila Group become the third most influenced company in South Korea.

How couldn't you be proud to be the part of such an excellent company like Shangrila Group?

Walking confidently, Hakyeon is heading to the lift and pressing number 25 in which her room is located.

There are two people inside, man and woman.

Hakyeon nodded at them and vice versa. When the lift reached the Hakyeon's floor, she can't help but feel a little bit nervous.

This is going to be her first day working in a multinational company and the fact that she's alone here is enough for adding her concern.

How does the circumstances in her new office will be?

How is the people she would work with?

So many hows in her brain until she doesn't realize that she has been standing in front of the lift, not stepping away yet.

"Excuse me?"

A girl's voice entered her hearing and Hakyeon pull herself altogether immediately.

"Yes?"

"Are you perhaps Miss Cha Hakyeon, the new Chief Marketing Officer?"

Hakyeon put a smile, nodded. "Yes, I am Cha Hakyeon."

The girl smiled and bowed to her. "Nice to meet you, Miss Cha. My name is Kim Jisoo, the Marketing Director of Shangrila Group."

Hakyeon does the same. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Kim. I hope we could be a good colleague to each other."

The seemingly humble girl laughs, nods her head. "Let me take you to your room, Miss Cha."

.

.

.

First day of work comes to an end. Hakyeon clears her desk, ready to go home after nine hours of working.

Smile never leaves her face for a whole day. Working in the field that she's familiar with and meeting the new colleagues who're friendly and helpful gives a very good first impression of this office for Hakyeon.

She did meet Jung Taekwoon and his father, Jung Wonjin, today at the company board meeting when she introduced herself formally as the new Chief Marketing Director of Shangrila Group and getting all the warm welcome from the superiors.

To sum up, her first day of work was really great without any trouble and she couldn't wait to tell Ito, her wolf plushie, about this.

.

.

.

Time passes quickly yet Hakyeon doesn't realize it since she really enjoys her time working here. Almost half of month she's worked here, making friends with the staffs in her floor, and start planning a new product.

Both at the office and outside, she doesn't see Taekwoon often. It's understandable because at the office they're busy with work and their relationship is just all about business matter between the CEO and the staff.

It's not really different outside the office. She has Taekwoon's number on her phone but she never calls or send him a text even if it's for work-related things.

Instead Taekwoon's parents sometimes call her, asking how's work and... Taekwoon.

Hakyeon doesn't think too much about this but deep inside she does want to be friend with Taekwoon outside the office. Their father are bestfriends, so why they can't?

But she won't force things. For now she want to focus on her job since she just started it but she's sure she'll make her move to be friend with Taekwoon later.

.

.

.

"For the product itself, I've already done a research whether it'll be match---"

'Tok tok tok'

"DADDY!!!"

Hakyeon stops her explanation and both of them directing their heads towards the intruders.

There's Hyojin, Taekwoon's secretary, with the kids who immediately run into Taekwoon's direction.

A bright smile appears on Taekwoon's serious face in no time after knowing who has the gut to interrupt his working time.

"Babies..."

Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk who still wears their school uniform launch themselves to their father embrace.

"Binnie miss Daddy~"

"Shikie miss Daddy too."

"Hyukie too, Daddy."

Hakyeon, on the other hand, standing with adoration written on her face.

Are they the little Jungs that always creating a smile on Taekwoon's stern expression everytime he unconsciously thought or talked about them?

If it's a yes, then Hakyeon won't be wondering why Taekwoon can't erase the smile from his face everytime there's a mention (even if it's just a slight) of his kids.

These kids are so adorable and they undoubtedly take their father's genes so much. They're so beautiful.

"Daddy miss you all too." Taekwoon kissed their cheeks in turn. "Who bring you guys here, hmm?"

"Granny and Grandpa! But they're still talking with people there so we decide to go first." Sanghyuk said happily.

"Have you guys told them that you'll go to my room?"

Hongbin kissed her father cheeks, assuring him they didn't (especially her brothers) do anything suspicious. "Of course, Daddy. Don't worry. They know we're here."

"They'll also be here soon, Daddy." Wonshik added, smiling brightly.

Taekwoon nods while his eyes meeting Hakyeon's chocolate ones. Eventhough she's smiling at the kids but her beautiful asymetric eyes full of curiousity.

"Babies, may I ask you a favor?"

Hakyeon feels warm inside.

The way Taekwoon's act around his children and the way his usual business self that he shows everyday at the office is vastly different.

Jung Taekwoon on his usual business self is a stern, rarely smile, and seemingly cold man.

Yet Jung Taekwoon around his children is a warm, gentle, and fatherly figure that'll melt every lady's heart.

"What is it, Daddy?" Asked Hongbin.

"Could you guys please greet and introduce yourself to the lady there?" Taekwoon pointed Hakyeon who's smiling softly at them.

The kids turned their heads. As if they don't realize Hakyeon's presence, Wonshik and Sanghyuk widening their eyes, makes their little sister furrowing her eyebrows in anticipation.

She knows this expression so well.

"Whoa... We have another beautiful Miss to greet." Wonshik said eagerly followed by Sanghyuk who responded with the equal eager.

"Yes, yes! We meet another beautiful Miss!"

The woman laughs at the boys antics, leaving Taekwoon's speechless at his sons' behaviour.

"Shikie, Hyukie, please behave!" As always, Hongbin is the first to control her brothers insensiblity (which happens not only sometimes).

"What? I'm just saying, Noona~" Sanghyuk whined.

"Is it wrong to tell someone that she's beautiful when in fact she is?" Wonshik pouted.

And Taekwoon doesn't know where he has to positioned himself. He wants to coo at his children bickerings but in the other side he doesn't want Hakyeon to feel embarassed or uncomfortable.

While, maybe, as Taekwoon thought, she already is.

"You're not wrong but the timing is just not right."

The father can feel his little girl is trying to be patient while explaining to his brothers.

"What's not right about the timing? Did we say that when we're bathing or what?"

Both Taekwoon and Hakyeon don't realize they're holding back a laugh for the combination of Wonshik's choice of words and the confusion he shows on his pouty face.

And seemed like Sanghyuk agreed with his brother words. "Noona is being too much lately."

"I just don't want you guys to embarass yourself!" Hongbin scoffed.

"What---"

"Kids, I ask you to introduce yourself, not bickering each other especially in front of people you just meet. It's not nice, you know?"

In the end, Taekwoon gave up and steps in to stop the kids before they're crying because of their own bicker.

Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk lowered their heads in guilt. "We're sorry, Daddy."

"Don't be sorry to me. Be sorry to Miss Cha and introduce yourself proper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter