Beautiful Stranger

Up to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you so much for your help, Taekwoon-sshi." Hakyeon said as Taekwoon placed the luggage in the living room of the girl's flat.

The flat is simple yet classy and Taekwoon would say, rather huge for just one person. There's a living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, and a bathroom. All is furnished and decorated in soft creamy colour, giving such comfortable and calm atmosphere.

"No worry, Hakyeon-sshi." Taekwoon stared at his wristwatch. It's almost lunch time and he promised the kids to meet them at their favorite restaurant. "If there's nothing more I can do to help you, please excuse me. I have to go now."

Hakyeon shook her head. "May I repay you someday?"

"I appreciate your kindness, Hakyeon-sshi. But there's nothing to repay." Taekwoon said politely. "See you at the company."

He excuses himself and walking to the front door with Hakyeon trailing from behind.

"Once again thank you so much, Taekwoon-sshi. Be careful on your way." Hakyeon bowed slightly and Taekwoon do the same.

"I will. Thank you."

As Taekwoon heading to the lift, Hakyeon closes the door and starts arranging her things which consists of clothes, make up sets, and her favourite wolf plushie that she named Ito.

"Ready to start a life here, Ito?" Hakyeon poked the cute plushie's nose, giggling. "May things won't get really hard for us."

.

.

.

"Daddy!" Hongbin squealed when she saw her father's figures walked towards their table. A bright smile blooming on Taekwoon's face as Wonshik and Sanghyuk waved vigorously towards him.

Taekwoon bows to his parents who are sitting separately at the round table since they put Sanghyuk in the middle while Hongbin sitting side by side with her grandpa and Wonshik beside his granny. The only seat that isn't occupied is between Wonshik and Hongbin, so Taekwoon gladly positioned himself there.

Mrs. Jung offered Taekwoon the menu. "Today's menu is seafood."

Taekwoon's nose wrinkled in disappointment.

He often hears people talk about how good the seafood menu in this restaurant is but he can't even taste it since he's allergic to all kinds of seafood; something that bothered him a little as he's such a big eater.

Mrs. Jung laughed. "The steak is also recommended, they said."

Taekwoon nodded. Seems like he'd get steak as usual whenever they go to this restaurant.

"Have you guys ordered?" Taekwoon asked the kids.

They nodded at the same time.

Hongbin smiled. "It's your turn, Daddy."

The father can't help but pinch her dimpled cheeks in amusement. She's so cute, just like Park Chaeyoung back then.

Seeing how adorable his son and his daughter are, Mrs. Jung giggled. "So, it's steak then?"

"Yes. Tenderloin."

"And for the drink?"

"Lat---"

"No coffee!" Mrs. Jung glared.

Seeing their father being scolded by their granny, Wonshik and Sanghyuk laughing happily. 

Brats.

"Waaa... Daddy had just arrived and already being scolded." Wonshik grinned.

Sanghyuk chimed innocently. "You shouldn't be naughty so Granny won't scold you, Daddy."

Soon Mr. Jung broke into a fit of laughter.

How do his grandchildren could be so witty?

"I still don't understand how can this wit runnning in our blood."

"They definitely inherited it from you." Mrs. Jung rolled her beautiful big-brown eyes as she called the waiter and start ordering for his son.

"And avocado juice for the drink." Mrs. Jung said as a final, not taking more arguments.

"Any other, Son?"

"No, thank you."

Taekwoon surrenders, letting his mother 'protecting' him from his supposed-to-be third coffee today.

After repeating and making sure that there's nothing missed from his hearing, the waiter leaves politely to process their order.

"Granny is right, Daddy. Too much coffee isn't good for your heart." Hongbin knitted her eyebrows, surely doesn't like how 'important' coffee is for her dad. "And Grandpa too. Binnie doesn't like it."

Mr. Jung who sits beside his only granddaughter ruffled her hair. "These days I drink less coffee, Princess. Now I just can have a cup in the morning and greentea or honey tea after that."

Hongbin stared at her grandpa with her doe eyes, clearly doesn't believe his words. "Really?"

"Of course. You can ask your granny to make sure." He said with a warm smile on his face.

"Really, Granny? Grandpa didn't lie?"

Mrs. Jung nodded, smiling reassuringly. "He didn't, Sweetie. I'm the one who controls it every day."

"What's so good about coffee anyway? Why do people like it?" Wonshik asked, not getting why people favour coffee in every way.

"It's black and the taste is a big no-no." Sanghyuk added.

This time, Taekwoon and his father laughing wholeheartedly.

"Because coffee is something that keep us awake when we have so many works to do."

Wonshik raised his left eyebrow. "We know that. The other reason?"

"You'll understand when you grow up."

The kids look at each other. Is it hard to answer Wonshik and Sanghyuk's question?

Before the kids can open their mouth for arguing the unsatisfied answer from both Taekwoon and Mr. Jung, the waiter comes and serve the kids' meal since they had ordered it while Taekwoon still on his way.

As fast as the questions came five minutes ago, now the kids seem already forgetting whatever-they-had-in mind about coffee and its connoisseur and looking enthusiastically at their food instead.

.

.

.

They reach home around three in the evening and the kids directly go to their room for taking a short nap. They must be tired after spending about two hours at the mall, going here and there.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung had already bid their goodbye after finishing their lunch, so Taekwoon and the kids could enjoy their moments together that only happen approximately two days in a week.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter