Lunch

Up to His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The kids still laughing happily at each other when the car stopping in front of the gate of Jung's residence.

"We're here, Young Masters and Young Lady." Said the driver, smiling warmly at the sight of his master's kids.

"Thank you Uncle Jang~!" Hongbin who sat in the passenger side returned his smile.

"Thank you Uncle Jang~!" Wonshik and Sanghyuk repeating their sisters' words, loosening their seatbelts.

"You're welcome, Young Masters and Young Lady Jung."

Since yesterday, Jung Wonjin and Choi Jihyun couldn't pick the kids up at their school because they're going downtown, visiting Jihyun's cousin who suffers from major illness. As their father has also attended no less than five meetings for the past two days, so the kids are picked up by their family driver. At first Taekwoon felt sorry to the kids but they assured their father that they have no problem being picked up by their driver instead of their father. After all, they know how busy their father is.

As soon as the kids get off their car, they're greeted by the sight of their new neighbour, Lee Jaehwan, who carries two bags of groceries from a minimarket nearby.

"Miss Lee! Good afternoon!"

"Hyukie, lower your voice! You'll startle the entire neighbourhood!" Hongbin scolded.

"I'm sorry."

In the other side, Jaehwan who get startled by Sanghyuk's loud voice turns her head to look at the cute yet loud voice who called her and immediately smiles seeing the little Jungs. She put the groceries on the head of her car and approaching them.

"Good afternoon, Sweeties~ you guys are coming back from school?" She greeted in her usual cheerful voice.

"Yes!" Wonshik answered. "How do you do, Miss Lee?"

"I'm excellent. How about you, Little Jungs?"

"We're fine!" The kids chorused.

"Amazing." Jaehwan giggled. "Where's your Gramps? Are they inside already?"

"Granny and Grandpa are visiting Granny's cousin in downtown so we're picked up by Uncle Jang." Hongbin turned her head towards the driver.

"Good afternoon, Miss Lee." He bowed and greeted Jaehwan who returned his gestures.

"Good afternoon, Uncle Jang. Today is such a hot day, right?"

"Definitely, Miss Lee." Mr. Jang smiled. "Are you coming off from work?"

Jaehwan shook her head. "No. I'd just finished my design and wanted to relax a bit so I decided to buy groceries and cook for lunch."

"I see." Mr. Jang nodded in understanding and at the same time, his phone's ringing. "Young Masters and Young Lady, please come inside first and please excuse me, I have to answer the calls."

"Of course, Uncle Jang. But we still want to talk to Miss Lee for a little while." Said Wonshik and his twin sister and little brother nodded in agreement.

Mr. Jang nodded in return. "If you say so, Young Master. Should you need something, please don't be hesitated to call me. Now please excuse me."

As Mr. Jang answers the call, the kids are focusing on Jaehwan again.

"Do you mind, Miss Lee?" Asked Hongbin.

"Not at all, Sweetie~ I'm glad you want to talk to me." Jaehwan giggling happily. "Aaa~ have you get your lunch yet? Want to come to my house for lunch?"

"WHOAAA~!!!" Wonshik clapped. "I'd love to!!!"

"YES, MISS LEE!!!"

Jaehwan can't hold her laughter seeing the boys' excited face.

"Shikie, Hyukie!"

Hongbin's ready to scold her brothers but Sanghyuk cuts her off even before she could start.

"I'm sorry, Noona. Me and Shikie Hyung just so excited about the offer! Don't you feel it too?" Sanghyuk grinned innocently.

Hongbin pouted. Sanghyuk isn't wrong at all since she did feel excited just like them. "Actually, I am. But how about Daddy?"

This time Wonshik and Sanghyuk's smile vanish hearing Hongbin's words. They seem thinking seriously.

"Oh..."

"Right."

Taekwoon won't be mad just because of this but he has made it clear to his children all these times for not become a burden for people. Things that Taekwoon always said to them is to never be a burden to people. But is it considered as burdening while the woman is the one who offer them, not the other way?

Seeing the transitions of the kids' mood from excited to (kind of?) afraid and worry, Jaehwan kneels down in front of them. "What happen, guys? Why are you guys silent all of sudden? What are you worrying about?"

Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk looks at each other as if deciding who'll be answering the question. In the end, Hongbin does it while Wonshik and Sanghyuk are fidgeting their fingers (in which Jaehwan holds herself to not cooing at the sight). The worry, wants, guilty, and hopes written all over their faces.

"Uh, well... We'd love to come to your house for lunch but we're sorry, I think we can't."

Jaehwan knows this has to do with their father (as they mentioned earlier) but she pretends to not know because she wants to hear the kids' further explanation. They must have a reason behind this.

"Why? Were you guys excited when I gave you the offer a while ago?" Jaehwan put her soft hands on Hongbin's tiny shoulder.

"We were." Wonshik nodded.

"So why do you guys turn down my offer?"

Guilty looks plastered on their faces and Jaehwan suddenly feels guilty too.

"Sweeties, I don't mean to make you feel guilty~ I'm just asking. It's okay if you don't want to answer my question or you can't accept my offer. I'm just curious after all. Please don't be like this~"

"It's not like that, Miss Lee." Wonshik lowered his head. "We really want to accept your offer, let alone I'm very hungry right now. But we're afraid Daddy won't like it."

Jaehwan bit her lips. "Why would your daddy do that?"

"Because he always tells us to never be a burden to people."

"Being a burden?" Jaehwan tilted her head. "Sweeties, listen~! I'm the one who offering you, not the other way. Of course I don't feel burdened by it. If I do, I wouldn't give you the offer in the first place~"

The kids don't answer and instead looking at each other once again. They really want to accept the offer so bad and this will be the first time they come over Miss Lee's house since they become neighbour three months ago yet at the same time they don't want to disappoint their father.

"Eung... How about this? I'll call your daddy to ask for his permission to let you guys come to my house and have lunch together~ what do you think?" Jaehwan doesn't know why she's willing to do this.

Why would she really wants to invite the kids over to her house?

"You guys know his number, right?"

Eventhough they look unsure, the kids still nods.

"Would it be okay if I call your father?"

Again, the little Jungs look at each other nervously as if they don't know how to do.

"Sweeties~" Jaehwan unconsciously whined. "Can you please answer me? It's okay if you don't want to, I won't call your daddy. But if you do, let me help you to get his permission~"

"Eung..." Hongbin stared at Jaehwan. "We really want to, Miss Lee. But Daddy---"

"What's his number, may I know?" Jaehwan cuts her off, smiling.

Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk looking at each other once more (reassuring if this is the best way for them) before nodding at the same time. Seems like they have come to an agreement.

"Okay, Miss Lee. Here's Daddy's number."

Jaehwan takes out her phone and starts typing the number Wonshik's dictating. After repeating one time to make sure she doesn't miss any number, Jaehwan thanking them and tapping the call button and the line's connecting directly. She waits for few seconds before a soft yet stern voice greets her.

'Good afternoon?'

"Good afternoon, Mister Jung. I'm sorry to bother you at this time. This is Lee Jaehwan, the resident in front of your house."

There's a pause.

Jaehwan's sure the man is getting surprised because he definitely doesn't expect the call and she assumes now the other's picking his words considering how polite and thoughtful the man is.

'May I help you, Miss Lee?'

"Well, your kids are with me now, in front of the house. They just arrived from school."

'......are they troubling you?"

"No, not at all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter