Blessing In Disguise

A Blessing In Disguise

CHAPTER 2 ||Blessing In Disguise||

 

"Can you just shut up?!!!" Mingyu burst, "When the time you supposed to talk, you just keep silent but when the time you supposed to shut your mouth, you non stop talking and whining," add Mingyu, he cannot stand with Jeonghan's whining anymore. He needs to think something to make them out of here.

 

"Huh!! You always to be so loud, why you want it to be quiet now!!" Jeonghan send the despise look to Mingyu. Mingyu glare back to Jeonghan.

 

"Do you want to attract wild animal's attention?" scold Mingyu, "I don't want to be a tiger's meal because of you!!!" Mingyu snap at Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan jolted. He looks around him with worry face. 'When will he be able to get out from this place' he thinks while bite his lip. Mingyu turns his head to look at Jeonghan's face when he didn't hear any respond. After heard Mingyu's word just now, Jeonghan keeps walking quietly behind Mingyu without utter any word. Mingyu feels a bit guilty looking at Jeonghan's worry face, but he brush it off that feeling, he does not have any intention to scare Jeonghan but they need to be cautious in the place like this because they do not know what kind of wild animal exist surround them since this is not the main trails using by the other visitors.

 

"I think today we need to sleep here," Mingyu breaks the silent after a while. 

 

"I don't want to sleep here," said Jeonghan.

 

"Do you think we have another choice?" said Mingyu wearily.

 

The evening is getting darker. They cannot moving or searching the way out anymore when the day become totally dark. 

 

"Is it ok to sleep here? I worry," said Jeonghan with low voice.

 

"I think it's ok, I already take a look around, there are no scratches on the tree, no wild animal foot prints, droppings or scats around here, just we have to set up the tent around 20 meter from here since this is still a human trail, there are possibility the animals will come through this trail at night," explain Mingyu because he knows Jeonghan really worries. 

 

"Ok," said Jeonghan, "I feel relief you are the one with me," whisper Jeonghan, more talking to himself.

 

"Uh?" Mingyu looks back at Jeonghan who start walking behind him.

 

"Nothing," said Jeonghan.

 

------------------

 

Mingyu sets up the tent after considering the trees position and the ground condition. They are lucky because Mingyu is one of the members who carried the tents before they get separated from the others. Jeonghan looking for the dry branches around them for setting up the fire and put it together on the ground. After tired collecting branches and woods, he leans to one of the tree trunk taking a rest. He fells asleep for a while and wake up to see the fire already been set up. He looks around and see Mingyu sleeping on the ground look exhausted. 

 

They repeat those activities for another two days. Walking, resting, walking again. Mingyu and Jeonghan only talk to each other when they think they needed to do so. Otherwise they just keep quiet and doing their own thing.

 

"Mingyu, do you want me to do anything?" Jeonghan who just wake up from his nap look at Mingyu who is focus making a stick, maybe as a weapon or another tools, think Jeonghan. From the first day they lost, Mingyu did not stop from doing something, he set up the tent, set up the fire, exploring the area surround them, and searching for any edible fruits for them to eat before the day turn to the night. When the night come, he will sit and make something. Till today he has spear, bamboo pot, lastick and bamboo bowl to put fruits he found. Jeonghan feels a bit guilty. 

 

"Nothing, just rest, we need a lot of energy for tomorrow, if you hungry, eat this fruit, I only able to get this for us," said Mingyu flatly.

 

"Ok, thank you," said Jeonghan softly.

 

"Huhhhh," Mingyu let out the mocking sound. 

 

"What?" Jeonghan ask.

 

"I thought you don't know the word thank you," said Mingyu sarcasticly.

 

"So, do you think I'm an ungrateful person? Huh! I always know you are the one who is ungrateful jerk. If you really don't want me to eat, it's ok, just eat it by yourself," Jeonghan snaps back at Mingyu, feel offended, he tried to show his gratitude but Mingyu threw the sarcastic words to him. He gets up and walk quickly toward their tent. Mingyu stands up, walks swiftly and grab Jeonghan's hand. He knows right now is not the time for fighting.

 

"Jeonghan…I am sorry…just…you know...it's very rare to hear you said thank you to me and... I don't know when the last time we in the calm situation like this," said Mingyu in the apologetic tone, "Just eat some, you need it to replenish your energy," continue Mingyu. Mingyu takes the fruits bowl and gives to Jeonghan. Jeonghan takes it. Mingyu sits back on his place and continue making the stick. Jeonghan also sits on the ground not too far from Mingyu and the fire. 

 

"It's rare too to hear you said sorry to me," said Jeonghan softly while eating the fruits. 

 

Mingyu smiles to Jeonghan. Jeonghan stuns to see Mingyu's beautiful smile. He never see Mingyu smile so sincerely to him before. He clears his throat when he realizes his gaze are too long. He feels relief because Mingyu did not notice his gaze.

 

------------------

 

Mingyu wakes up early. Actually he feels a bit awkward sleep beside Jeonghan in the tent eventhough last night is already the 3rd night they sleep together in the same tent. They tend to be so hateful being beside each other before but last night their gap not more than 50 centimeter and this morning he woke up with Jeonghan's face about 1 inch from his face. Very Beautiful. That is the first word that cross his mind when he looked at Jeonghan's close up face. Now he knows why they give an angel as a nickname to Jeonghan. He is indeed beautiful. So beautiful. He never notice it before.

 

Mingyu sits near the fire to warm his body in the cold morning. The dawn is already appear. They need to move as soon as sun appear. Mingyu hopes they do not need to sleep here one more night. Mingyu turns his head to the rustling sound come from the tent. He sees Jeonghan come out from the tent with his hoodie on his head. 

 

"Morning!" said Mingyu. Starting from yesterday night, they try not to blurt out the sarcastic or mocking word toward each other, it is hard because they used to be like that since they know each other and they never be with each other this long moreover just two of them. 

 

"Morning," reply Jeonghan awkwardly, "When we need to start moving?" ask Jeonghan. 

 

 "As soon as the sunlight appear, are you ok with that?" said Mingyu.

 

"I'm ok, so we need to clean and pack all this right?" ask Jeonghan more, tries to eliminate the awkwardness. 

 

"Hmm...hmm…, before do that, eat first," said Mingyu, hand it half of the cream bread, the last one left from his bag, another half had been eaten by him while waiting for Jeonghan to wake up, "We need to ration our food, I only have this for this morning." 

 

Jeonghan take the bread, smiles to Mingyu and thanks him. He doesn't know the arrogant Kim Mingyu which he hate actually really considerate, willing to share his food even he have little for himself. 

 

---------------

 

Mingyu listens to Jeonghan's panting, they already walking for 4 hours. 

 

"Are you ok? Let's rest for a bit," suggest Mingyu.

 

"I'm ok, just continue," Jeonghan lies.

 

"I know you are already tired, in this situation, don't exert yourself too much it will cause more harm," said Mingyu take Jeonghan's stamina into consideration. 

 

Being together for more than 48 hours, Mingyu noticed Jeonghan will feel tired quickly.

 

Jeonghan leans to the tree trunk and closes his eyes. He really tired but he does not want to say anything, worries Mingyu will mock him but who knows Mingyu didn't mock him at all. They used to throw sarcastic and hurtful comment, mock and insult but here they are supporting and considerate to each other.

 

After rest for half an hour, they start walking again. From far, Mingyu can hear the sound of river. He smiles relief. 

 

"Jeonghan-ah, there are a river around us, after we found the river, we can rest again, ok?" Mingyu said.

 

"It's relief, I want to wash up," said Jeonghan excited.

 

They walking toward the river's sound. The sound is getting more clear. Mingyu who is leading their way from the beginning stops when he get to see the river, however they have to go down the slope to reach the riverbank. Mingyu starts to go down slowly, one hand held his wooden stick and another hand holding from one to another tree trunk for support, step by step until he getting nearer to the ground and he jumps. Now is Jeonghan's turn. He get worried. Mingyu ask him to go down slowly and no need to rush. He gives his wooden stick to Jeonghan, Jeonghan tries to follow what is Mingyu doing just now. He goes down step by step, his hand grabbing from one tree to another for the support but…

 

"Jeonghan!!! Don't touch tha….," 

 

"Arghhh!!!!" shout Jeonghan, he cannot fully grab the tree because it has thorns on them, as soon as he feels the pain on his palm he lost his support and balance before he fells and roll down on the slope.

 

"JEONGHAN-AHHH!!!!" Mingyu shouts and runs toward Jeonghan. 

 

"Erghhh…," Jeonghan in pain.

 

"Jeonghan-ahhh," Mingyu helps Jeonghan to sit, he checks on Jeonghan's head, neck, face, shoulder, arms and elbows to make sure no serious injury. He takes Jeonghan's hand, there are a small tear on his palm because of the sharp thorns. 

 

"Why don't you be more careful, there are thorns on some tree," said Mingyu softly, "let's wash your wound, we are lucky that is not the poisonous tree," Mingyu pulls Jeonghan slowly to make him stand up.

 

"Ouchhh…," Jeonghan cannot stand properly, he feels the pain on his left ankle.

 

"Why? Did you twist your ankle?" ask Mingyu.

 

"Maybe," reply Jeonghan slowly. 

 

"Let's move nearer to the river first , don't use your sprained ankle," said Mingyu calmly, he pulls Jeonghan to lean on his body to support Jeonghan to walk.

 

He makes Jeonghan to sit on the rock near the river before carefully take Jeonghan's shoes and socks out from his feet. Jeonghan tries to endure the pain of any movement as he knows Mingyu is trying to be as gentle as possible. Mingyu take out his shoes also. Jeonghan surprised when Mingyu lifts up him in the bridal style and walking toward the river. He puts Jeonghan on one of the flat big rocks in the river, pulls Jeonghan's leg carefully and submerge them in the cold river water.

 

"Just put your leg like this, we need to reduce the pain and swollen, now let see your hand," said Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan shows his hand to Mingyu. Mingyu held his hand very carefully as he worries he will break that slender hand. Jeonghan's gaze stay at Mingyu's focus face nursing his wound. Full of attention and tenderness. He never has an opportunity to watch Mingyu as close as this or maybe he never care to look before. How Mingyu react and handle this situation calmly, never cross his mind that one day he will impress with Mingyu because of this. No wonder if any emergency situation happen in the office, they will call Mingyu to handle it. He can clearly see the reason now. 

 

"But, why my heart is beating faster?" Jeonghan mumbling to himself.

 

"What you said?" ask Mingyu.

 

"Aniya…," Jeonghan shaking his head.

 

Mingyu applies the antiseptic cream he get from small first aid that he brought in his bag on Jeonghan's wound, Jeonghan twitches over the sting he felt. Mingyu tries to be more gentle while rubbing the cream. Mingyu tears the hem of his unused t-shirt to wrap Jeonghan's wounded palm. He get out from the river and fold out his sleeping bag on the ground before come again into the river to carry Jeonghan out and put him on the sleeping bag. 

 

'Why did he hate him in the first place?' Jeonghan ask himself looking at Mingyu's face.

 

Jeonghan's gaze never leave Mingyu from the beginning, without he realize his hate already turned to admiration. 

 

Mingyu takes his teared unused t-shirt to be a bandage and wraps Jeonghan's ankle. 

 

"Jeonghan-ah, just lie down here ok and your ankle need to be lift up," said Mingyu. 

 

Jeonghan just obey with Mingyu's words. What else he can do other than this. Mingyu stacks on their bag together and put Jeonghan's leg on the bags, so Jeonghan's ankle in the position above than his heart. Mingyu takes a relief breath and sit beside Jeonghan before he gulp down the water from the bottle. Jeonghan can see the tiredness on Mingyu's face. 

 

"Mingyu, I'm sorry…," Jeonghan said, feeling guilty.

 

"Why? After thank you, sorry is another word for me?" ask Mingyu, this time it is not sarcastic tone but more to friendly joke.

 

Jeonghan laughs listen to Mingyu's joke. 

 

"Hmmm…I owed you the apology because burden you with all this, we supposed to move but here we are, wasting our time," said Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu looks at Jeonghan. He never know Jeonghan has a heart, full with soft emotion. To be with him more than 3 days, he can see Jeonghan's worry, grateful, guilty and emphaty. He really has a beautiful heart just like his face. Before this he only know the conceited, self-centered Yoon Jeonghan.  

 

"Aniya, anything can happen in the place like this, no need to feel sorry, but next time you need to be more careful, ok?" said Mingyu.

 

"I hope there are no next time," said Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu laughs. He knows Jeonghan will never join any camping activities again by looking at his struggling.

 

"Why not, camping is interesting you know, maybe our luck not on our side this time but camping is really exciting actually," said Mingyu.

 

"Interesting? What is interesting to be lying down like this…" Jeonghan pause, "But…I think anything happen for a reason," Jeonghan continue and looks at Mingyu.

 

"Ummm???" Mingyu turns his head, looking at Jeonghan again. Their gaze met and stay for a while before Jeonghan pulls away his gaze feeling awkward shy.

 

"Yes, anything happen for a reason," whisper Mingyu, smiling. He doesn't know why he feels so good despite all of their unfortunate events. 

 

---------------

 

"Mingyu, if you tired, I can try walk by my own eventhough it will be real slow but I will try," Jeonghan said.

 

Mingyu gives him a piggy back ride because Mingyu does not want Jeonghan to use his sprained ankle, worry it will cause more pain and swollen. 

 

"I'm still ok, I will stop if I cannot go on," said Mingyu while fix Jeonghan's position behind his back.

 

They start moving to find the way out, Mingyu follow down the river with hope they will meet anyone who might using the river else well. Jeonghan keeps stay static and quiet behind Mingyu's back, he does not want to make Mingyu more tired with his unnecessary movement.

 

"Jeonghan-ah, I think we have to sleep one more night in here," Mingyu open his mouth after being silent. 

 

"Ummm…ok," Jeonghan reply short.

 

"I'm sorry I cannot find the way out for us," said Mingyu panting, putting down Jeonghan on the ground slowly.

 

"Aniya… you are doing more than enough while I am just being burden to you," said Jeonghan softly. 

 

"No one is being burden to anyone, as I said before anything can happen in the place like this," reply Mingyu, "you just wait here, I want to find suitable spot to pitch the tent," continue Mingyu. 

 

After set up the tent, fire, fish trap, and caught fish using his handmade bamboo spear, Mingyu laying down on the ground to rest for a bit. He looks at Jeonghan who is washing up in the river. He wanted to help Jeonghan to move around but Jeonghan insisted to do it by himself pitying Mingyu who is already tired. So Mingyu find him a stick for supporting Jeonghan to walk around. Mingyu did not realize when he fell asleep, he wakes up to see Jeonghan is cooking the fish on the fire and their surrounding already dark. 

 

"Are you awake? Come here eat the fish, I don't know whether I cook it correctly or not," Jeonghan said to Mingyu. He didn't have the experience to cook the fish but he tried his best using his knowledge from what he watched on the television.

 

"It is not that complicated, right?" ask Mingyu, get up and sit beside Jeonghan.

 

"Yeah, but I don't know it is ok or not," reply Jeonghan, take some of cooked fish meat and bring it to Mingyu's mouth. Mingyu opens his mouth to accept Jeonghan's feed. Suddenly Jeonghan realizes how he acts so casual toward Mingyu. 

 

"Ummm…good," said Mingyu, "Can I have some more?" ask Mingyu, open his mouth again to Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan feeds Mingyu again. He feels his face turning red because of his shyness and the awkward moment but he relief Mingyu did not say anything.

 

"Mingyu, why we despise each other so much?" suddenly Jeonghan asks while his gaze stay at the another fish he is cooking, feels shy to face up.

 

"I don't know, maybe we are a fool," Mingyu responds unhesitant. Mingyu did ask the same question to himself, he can just say that they both are too proud by themselves and they are really a fool.

 

"Yeah, we are indeed a fool," admit Jeonghan while let out a small laugh. 

 

"I think we cover up our real self when we are in the office, and maybe we just judging each other by what we see in the office," said Mingyu.

 

"Ne, I originally not too self-centric but when in the office I have to act like that to prevent my subordinates taking advantage or looking down on me," explain Jeonghan.

 

"Be with you in these 4 days, I can see that, you actually have a very soft heart, You are quick to feels sorry and sympathy to others," continue Mingyu looking straight at Jeonghan's eyes. 

 

"You too. You are very attentive, very considerate and very understanding…you are actually really different, sometimes I feel when we go back to our office later you will change back to arrogant Kim Mingyu and it make me sad to think about that," Jeonghan spill out his feeling. 

 

"Why should you be sad?" ask Mingyu.

 

"Maybe because…," Jeonghan hesitant, "Because I like you and I afraid we will go back to despise each other," said Jeonghan, shifting his gaze to the ground. 

 

Mingyu looks at Jeonghan who is scribbling on the ground while bite his own lip. He knows Jeonghan feel shy, he noticed before too. He smiles and cupped Jeonghan's face, "I think we won't," said Mingyu before he moves his face closer to Jeonghan and kiss Jeonghan's lip. 

 

It was short but warm gentle kiss. Jeonghan can feels Mingyu pulls apart his lip slowly from his. Before Mingyu can pulls away his head further, Jeonghan puts his hand around Mingyu's neck, pulls Mingyu toward him and unite their lips together once again. He wants Mingyu to feel his feeling as how he can feels Mingyu's feeling through the kiss.

 

 

___________________________________________________

NOTES:

Thank you for voting, subscribing and reading ^^ also for those who leaving a comment, I appreciate a lot... 

I hope you enjoy reading this story even I know there is much lacking here and there....kkkkk 

Please give a lot of love for GYUHAN and the rest of SEVENTEEN members...

****HAPPY SCOUPS DAY****