Brand New Day

A Blessing In Disguise

CHAPTER 3 || Brand New Day ||

 

Mingyu slowly opens his eyes. The view as soon as he wakes up from his sleep is Jeonghan's beautiful face on his arm. He smiles. No more awkward feeling sleeping together like this. Jeonghan wakes up to the voices of peoples talking from out of their tent a few minutes later. They looks at each other. Mingyu get up quickly to figure out what is happening out there. He tells Jeonghan to be careful of his sprained ankle and helps Jeonghan to stand up to come out from their tent. There are four men with ranger's uniform standing out there. Mingyu and Jeonghan smile to each other feel extremely relief. 

 

"Are you two from SVT Label & Co.?" ask one of them.

 

"Yes, we are," said Mingyu.

 

"We received report from your company, it's relief you two are fine," said another one.

 

"Thank you very much," said Mingyu, he does not know what he should say other than thank you.

 

"Did you two have any injury?" ask one of the forest rangers.

 

"He sprained his ankle and wounded his palm because of thorns eventhough I already take care of his wound and ankle, may you please take a look at his injury," said Mingyu pointed to Jeonghan who leaning on him getting support to stand up.

 

"What kind of thorns?" the ranger ask worrying. Another ranger is checking Jeonghan's sprained ankle. 

 

"Thorn from honey locust tree, the thorn are not poisonous right?" Mingyu ask for a confirmation, eventhough he read somewhere regarding tree in the jungle, the rangers' knowledges and experiences is more reliable compared to his.

 

"It's relief you know about it and I think you took care his ankle the right way, I will replace the bandage," the ranger said to Mingyu, "ok let's pack all of this and bring them out from here," he continue speak to his collegue.

 

-----------------

 

Mingyu and Jeonghan are being guide to the starting point of the jungle by the rangers. Mingyu still piggyback Jeonghan to prevent Jeonghan's ankle from getting worse. Moreover all their stuff are carried by the rangers make Mingyu a lot easier to carry Jeonghan than before. Once a while, Jeonghan wipes away sweat from Mingyu's face and neck using his face towel. After their last night kiss, their interaction become more intimate, even they did not say officially what actually their relationship status now, their actions toward each other speak louder. 

 

"Did you get tired piggyback me?," Jeonghan whisper to Mingyu's ear. 

 

" Aniya, I just fine carry you even for all day, I don't know when I can get the opportunity to piggyback you again," said Mingyu.

 

" Why?" ask Jeonghan.

 

"Yeah, It will weird if I carry you around the office right?" tease Mingyu. 

 

Jeonghan laughs, "I will miss the jungle expert Kim Mingyu," Jeonghan said while tighten his hold on Mingyu's neck. 

 

It's Mingyu's time to laugh, "I will miss the cutie Jeonghan too," said Mingyu. 

 

"Yah~~~ I'm not that cute," protest Jeonghan.

 

"You are really cute, when you sleep, when you smile shyly, when you awkward shyly while feeding me, when you look at my face and you are the cutest when you being shy while saying you like me, last night," explain Mingyu.

 

"You notice all of that? Ahhh….it's embarrassing," Jeonghan puts his forehead on Mingyu's shoulder hiding his face. He can feel his blood going up gather in his face, "ahhhh…it's really really embarrassing, I thought you didn't notice~~~where can I hide my face?" said Jeonghan, his forehead still on Mingyu's shoulder. 

 

Mingyu laughs, "What more to embarrass for, we already kiss each other," said Mingyu softly, avoid the rangers overheard their conversation.

 

"Not about that too, I really embarrass right now," Jeonghan said. 

 

"So you don't want to kiss me anymore?" Mingyu ask, "What about cuddling like last night?," add Mingyu whispering to Jeonghan.

 

"MINGYUUU~~~~, you purposely teasing me," Jeonghan whine cutely.

 

"Because you are so cute when you shy," reply Mingyu, smiling. 

 

--------------

 

 

They are brought home by their company car drive by Vernon. Before depart, Vernon keeps thanking the rangers because they have found Mingyu and Jeonghan and he present the appreciation token to the rangers from their company. The rangers politely reject it at first, but Vernon, Mingyu and Jeonghan insist them to accept it.

 

 "Yeoboseyo sajang-nim," said Mingyu on the phone which handed by Vernon. Since Mingyu and Jeonghan's phone already out of battery. Vernon using his handphone to call their CEO because he knows Joshua really worried. 

 

"Mingyu, are you and Jeonghan alright?" ask Joshua, "I am really sorry because of me, you two have go through all of this," said Joshua feeling guilty.

 

"We are alright Sajang-nim, just Jeonghan sprained his ankle but don't worry it will heal faster I promise," said Mingyu, he knows Joshua worried so much about them.

 

"I am sorry again, I really regret to ask you to go back," said Joshua.

 

"It's ok Sajang-nim, we are really fine, it's not like we can predict something like this will happen and anything happen for a reason," said Mingyu while glance to Jeonghan and smiles. Jeonghan gives a meaningful smiles back to Mingyu.

 

"Just apply leaves for a couple of days to rest ok, I will approve it immediately, send my regards to Jeonghan, ask him to take care," said Joshua and keep apologize before he end the line.

 

"Joshua send regards to you and ask you to take care, he really feel guilty," said Mingyu to Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan smiles. Actually Joshua did a big favor to him and Mingyu. If not because of Joshua maybe they still hating each other now. 

 

After 3 hours journey, they arrive in front of Jeonghan's apartment. Mingyu helps Jeonghan to get into his house and ask Vernon to wait for him in the car.

 

"Don't use your leg ok, use this crutches to move around, and just get rest at home, I will apply leaves for you," said Mingyu after finished apply ice on Jeonghan's ankle and wrap it with bandage.

 

In their way home just now, Mingyu asked Vernon to stop by at any pharmacy to buy the crutches for Jeonghan, he also bought other medical supplies for wound. 

 

"And make sure to check your wound regularly," add Mingyu.

 

"I will ask Seungkwan to apply leaves for me, don't worry, but you told me all of this, seems like you don't want to see me anymore," said Jeonghan while lowering his gaze.

 

"Aniya…I want to make sure you are okay when I get home, I wish I can stay to take care of you but I need to go home too," Mingyu get up and sit beside Jeonghan on Jeonghan's bed. This is the first time he comes to Jeonghan's home. His home and bedroom just like Jeonghan real self, clean and cute. His bed full of animal plush toys.

 

"Yeah, you should go home faster and get enough rest, you really worked hard these 5 days," said Jeonghan, puts his hand on Mingyu's arm. He gently. Mingyu helds Jeonghan's hand and smiles to Jeonghan.

 

"You too, I will call you tomorrow morning ok? So let's rest tonight, don't forget to lift up your leg while you doing nothing, swollen is still there," said Mingyu, "and… I will take this one to my home," Mingyu take the rabbit plush toy from Jeonghan's bed.

 

"Why this one?" ask Jeonghan.

 

"Because it is the 2nd cutest here," reply Mingyu. 

"The 2nd? Why don't you take the cutest?" Jeonghan curious.

 

"Because the first one is this," said Mingyu while cupped Jeonghan's face, "I want to take him home but I can't right now, but I will in the future," Mingyu smiles to Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan smiles sheepishly. Another Kim Mingyu's trait he learned. Sweet Kim Mingyu.

 

"Hummm…you said you will call me, do we have each other contact number?" ask Jeonghan. 

 

Jeonghan really sure they didn't have each other contact number because they always ask Seungkwan and Vernon to contact each other if they have any emergency regarding their work. Never in their life they contact each other on their personal phone before.

 

Mingyu laughs. 

 

"Wow! We are really weird before," exclaim Mingyu.

 

"Ne, really weird," admit Jeonghan, chuckle.

 

 

"I think I need to go now, Vernon already wait too long," said Mingyu, after he helped Jeonghan with his stuff.

 

"Ok, take a good rest," Jeonghan helds Mingyu hand and squeeze it a little. 

 

"I will, you too, ok?" said Mingyu before he get up and kiss Jeonghan's forehead. 

 

Jeonghan smiles and waving his hand to Mingyu. Mingyu does the same before he goes out from Jeonghan's house. 

 

----------

 

"Hyung, didn't you apply leave for today? Why do you come?" ask Vernon when he sees Mingyu is arranging files on the table as soon as he arrived in their office.

 

"I just stop by to meet Minghao," reply Mingyu.

 

"Hyung, did something happen in the jungle?" Vernon ask.

 

"What do you mean by something? Of course there were a lot happen in the jungle, we've got lost and...," Mingyu's word being cut by Vernon.

 

"I mean between you and Jeonghan hyung," ask Vernon further.

 

Mingyu turns his head to Vernon.

 

"Why?" Mingyu gives back the question to Vernon.

 

"After this there will be no more war right? I see you take care of his wound in the car yesterday, yeah what I mean is you and him cannot sit beside each other before but yesterday you two sit really close to each other, furthermore you and him really talked a lot, smiled and laughed, absolutely new view you know?" explain Vernon. 

 

Vernon wanted to ask yesterday during their ride from Jeonghan's apartment to Mingyu's but he delayed it looking at exhausted Mingyu.

 

"Like I said, there are many things happened, of course there are something must have changed," said Mingyu smiles, "So, I go back first ok, see you a day after tomorrow, bye," continue Mingyu and walks to the door.

 

"Hyung!!! Should I be happy with the changes?" shout Vernon to Mingyu who is already outside of the door.

 

"Yes, you should!!!" Mingyu shout back from outside.

 

Vernon smiles widely. He need to tell Seungkwan about this. Their years of suffering is already ended.

 

---------

 

"Hello, are you already awake?" Mingyu asking through the line.

 

"Ummm…aniya…I still on the bed," said Jeonghan through his raspy morning voice.

 

"I send something to you, maybe it still not arrive yet because you still on the bed," said Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan heard the door bell ringing.

 

"Someone at the door, maybe the delivery boy, I go there for a moment ok, don't hang up," said Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan reaches his crutches and walks slowly toward the door. He opens it.

 

"Your delivery boy is here!!!" said Mingyu who is standing in front of Jeonghan's door with his beautiful smile. 

 

Jeonghan smiles to Mingyu. He didn't expect Mingyu will be here in the early morning. Mingyu looks so handsome in his white polo shirt and blue denim jeans. His dark brown hair has been combed neatly. Jeonghan never care about Mingyu's appearance before but today he is checking out Mingyu from head to toe. 

 

"Come in," said Jeonghan softly. He cannot hide his happy feeling to see Mingyu the first thing in the morning. 

 

"I bring breakfast for us, but before that I want to check your ankle and your wound," said Mingyu.

 

"Did you come here just to check my ankle and wound?" ask Jeonghan, scrunching his forehead.

 

"Hmm…hmmm…," reply Mingyu shortly.

 

"Just that?" ask Jeonghan, a slight disappointment in his voice.

 

Mingyu looks at Jeonghan's face when he heard Jeonghan's disappointment voice. He smiles. He likes to see when Jeonghan acts like that to him because he knows Jeonghan wants his attention. Since the day they lost in the jungle, he learned new things about Jeonghan every day. It feel like they just met and know each other 6 days ago instead of years ago.

 

"Yes, why? Is it should be another reason?"Mingyu tease, holding in his smile.

 

"Ooo…ok," Jeonghan said, full of disappoinment in his voice. 

 

He turns his body to walk away to his room but Mingyu pulls him into his arms. 

 

"I just teasing you, of course the first reason is I want to meet you because I miss you," said Mingyu.

 

"Mingyyyuuuuu~~~!!!" Jeonghan whine eventhough he is getting used with Mingyu's habit, teasing him.

 

Mingyu laughs.

 

"Let's check your ankle and wound, so we can have our breakfast faster, I'm so hungry, I stop by at the office and come here without eating, you know," said Mingyu.

 

"Really? Poor my Gyu," said Jeonghan. Mingyu smiles happily to the new nickname Jeonghan called him. Jeonghan really make his heart fluttering. 

 

---------------

 

Jeonghan already started working before his ankle has been fully healed. Mingyu had been telling him everyday to be cautious since sprained ankle can be prolong to months if he didn't take a good care. Today is the first day both of Mingyu and Jeonghan will be in the office after long times. When Jeonghan started working, Mingyu was out of station. 

 

Mingyu and Vernon already waiting for others in the meeting room as usual while reread the report for the new project. They will have a further discussion about their new project. Since the previous project already in the last stage, this is the right time to proceed with their new project.

 

Jeonghan and Seungkwan walking into the meeting room. As soon as Jeonghan see Mingyu, he smiles, Mingyu pulls a chair beside him send signal to Jeonghan to sit there. Without hesitation, Jeonghan come toward Mingyu and sit. Seungkwan just lift his eyebrows to Vernon. Vernon muffles his laugh. 

 

"Why you didn't using the crutches?" ask Mingyu.

 

"My ankle is already fine," said Jeonghan.

 

"Are you sure? Did you wearing ankle guard?" ask Mingyu more.

 

Jeonghan lets out a small laugh, "Ne, I am wearing it, don't worry ok?" said Jeonghan while put his hand on Mingyu's hand. Mingyu can be so naggy but it is too sweet in Jeonghan's eyes. 

 

Seungkwan widen and blink his eyes a few times, could not believe with what he just saw.

 

Seungkwan's phone vibrates. A message just came in.

 

-Vernon: Yah, no need to act like that, kkkkkk I already told you right? -

 

-Seungkwan: I already heard they talking through the phone once but it is like a miracle when I see it with my own eyes- 

 

-Vernon: kkkkkkk i thought it is a miracle too when I saw it- 

 

-Seungkwan: Did they just be friend or…..-

 

-Vernon: I don't know, but seems like....-

 

-Seungkwan: Right? you see too?-

 

-Vernon: haaahahahaha…should we ask? :P-

 

-Seungkwan: Don't!!! Just wait and see because it is too interesting to watch….kkkkkkkk-

 

-Vernon: I know right!!!! -

 

Minghao and Hoshi come into the meeting room together and immediately stop their step when looking at Mingyu and Jeonghan.

 

"Errrr….did I miss something?" ask Hoshi looking at Mingyu and Jeonghan talking and laughing to each other.

 

"Yeah, you are already miss 5 minutes," said Mingyu.

 

"Are you two sure you want to sit there?" Minghao interfere looking unbelieve and worried at the same time.

 

"Yes, and no need to worry, there will be no war," said Mingyu smiles. Jeonghan laughs looking at their reaction.

 

For the first time, their meeting running smoothly. Minghao and Hoshi just looking at Mingyu and Jeonghan during the meeting. They still have different opinions but they are considering each other idea without fighting, arguing or insulting. Minghao and Hoshi just cannot believe with what they saw. 

 

"Did you two already declared a truce?" Hoshi ask Mingyu and Jeonghan directly after they finished discussing their new project.

 

"Hmm…hmm...," Jeonghan and Mingyu answer synchronizely while laughing. 

 

"Wow!!! Really???? Finally!!!! Seungkwan-ah…Vernon-ah, we are free from war!!! Should we throw a party?" Hoshi ask.

 

Minghao turns his head quickly to Vernon and Seungkwan asking for confirmation. Vernon and Seungkwan nodding his head.

 

"Yah hyung!!! For what??" ask Mingyu.

 

"Because it is a happy news, we no need to hear your fighting anymore, hahhaahaa," Hoshi lets out a big laughs, "Today's lunch is on me!!!! Because I am so happy!!!" shout Hoshi.

 

"I will pay for the dessert!!!" said Minghao excitedly. 

 

"Yayyyy!!!!!" shout Seungkwan and Vernon happy.

 

"Woahhh!! Didn't all of you over reacting now?" ask Jeonghan teasingly.

 

"ANIYA!!!!" Shout all of them synchronizely, all of them turning their head looking at Jeonghan and Mingyu, it shocks Jeonghan and Mingyu a bit. 

 

Jeonghan and Mingyu grinning to them realizing the impact of their relationship to the people surround them. They are very sure they will be the hot topic to be discussed among their subordinates after this.

 

-------------------

 

"I already ask you to confirm the delivery date with our suppliers during my visit to Hong Kong last week right? How can it be like this?" said Jeonghan through the phone looking angrily. 

 

"No. It is already stated in our agreement, if they cannot meet our dateline they will have to compensate us," continue Jeonghan firmly. 

 

Mingyu who is standing in front of Jeonghan's office room entering the room quietly, leans on the wall near the door crossing his arms staring at angry Jeonghan. He smiles. It so long he did not see this side of Jeonghan. After they came back from jungle, neither of them getting angry like this.

 

"I SAID NO. We already gave them a chance, that's why this time we make an agreement with them to avoid the last time situation, if this time they cannot make it also, I think there is no next time for them," said Jeonghan and furrow his eyebrows listen to the caller. 

 

"You tell them, if they cannot make it, we will follow what is in the agreement. That's all!!!" Jeonghan hang up. He runs his finger through his hair which falls and hide his forehead and put his two hand on his waist looked stress. 

 

"You look so y when you are angry," said Mingyu through his husky voice walks toward Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan lift up his head, surprised a bit when he heard Mingyu's voice. He smiles sweetly looking at Mingyu's fluttering heart smile. 

 

"I was so angry just now but u ruined it," speak Jeonghan cheerfully, he did not see Mingyu for almost 2 weeks, the day he came back from HongKong, Mingyu had to go to Japan for a few days for their new project. They only communicate through phone calls and messages.

 

Mingyu comes and sits on the edge of Jeonghan's table and looks at Jeonghan fondly. 

 

"I miss you," Mingyu said almost whispering.

 

"I miss you more," reply Jeonghan, "why I feel I see you less than the time we hate each other, it really frustrating!!" continue Jeonghan.

 

"I thought the same too, and I will be here only for today and tomorrow, the day after tomorrow I will fly to Singapore for another 4 days," explain Mingyu.

 

"Again? and I had to go to Hong Kong after you come back here," Jeonghan sighs, "ahhh… really annoying," Jeonghan pout.

 

"So, I want to request something? I know we still in stage of learning and adapting with each other even we already know for years, but I want we learning more of each other but because of our work, we really have little time to spend together…" said Mingyu, he reachs and playing with Jeonghan's hand.

 

"Ok, so?" said Jeonghan nervous waiting for Mingyu to continue.

 

"How about we move in together?"ask Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan's mouth slowly shaping a smile, "I agree, absolutely," said Jeonghan delightful.

 

Mingyu getting up from Jeonghan's table and pulls Jeonghan into his arms. He releases Jeonghan from his arms, cupped Jeonghan's face and he moves his face closer to Jeonghan's face. Jeonghan closes his eyes, expecting a kiss from Mingyu.

 

"Uhmmm…Jeonghan hyu…oppsss sorrryyyy!!!" shouting Seungkwan while makes a quick U turn in front of Jeonghan's door room as soon as he looks at the couple.

 

Mingyu and Jeonghan surprised with Seungkwan sudden barged in. 

 

"Ughhh…it makes me miss our times when we lost in the jungle," said Jeonghan frustrated.

 

Mingyu laughs. 

 

"Should we go back home now?" ask Mingyu.

 

"Aniya, let's go there!" said Jeonghan.

 

"Where?" ask Mingyu.

 

"To the jungle," said Jeonghan, pulling Mingyu's hand making them walking toward the door. 

 

Mingyu laughs louder while following Jeonghan's lead. He does not care whether the jungle, their home or their office, the fact that both of them know is they want to spend their time for a very very long time together.

 

 

-The End-

 

___________________________________________________

NOTES: 

A big thank you for subscribers, commenters and readers. I really appreciate it, a lot. 

 

I want to make one shot story actually but ended up  split it into 3 chapters. I am sorry because the story lacking in many ways but I hope you can enjoy the idea of the story.

 

Till we meet again, please give a lot of love to GYUHAN...MINGYU...JEONGHAN & the rest of SEVENTEEN MEMBERS..

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡