The Never Ending War

A Blessing In Disguise

CHAPTER 1 ||The Never Ending War||

 

"Woahhh!!!! I hate him….I hate him…No! I want to kill him! " Jeonghan shouts in his office room, "How dare him to talk to me like that? He called me narcissist!!!" continue Jeonghan while walking back and forth with his hand is in a fist.

 

Seungkwan just sighs and take a sit on the sofa look at his superior being mad after come back from the executive meeting. The view that he already used to since he works as assistant for Jeonghan in SVT Label & Co. 

 

"Hyung, you already know Mingyu hyung is like that, why you always want to oppose what he said," said Seungkwan.

 

"I just cannot stand his arrogant, he always think he is the best in here," stated Jeonghan firmly.

 

Kim Mingyu and Yoon Jeonghan are very dedicated employees in SVT Label & Co. and both of them are the most favourite's employees of their CEO, Joshua Hong. Since Joshua always flying back and forth between California and Seoul, Yoon Jeonghan, Kim Mingyu, Xu Minghao and Hoshi are the team assigned by Joshua to lead the company's project. However Mingyu and Jeonghan barely met up, they will avoid each other as much as they can because everyone know they hate each other to the extend they cannot stand to be in the same room more than 5 minutes. But once a while they have no choice and have to be in the same room for example in the meeting like today, the thing they could not avoid as long as they work for SVT Label & Co. That is the time when Hoshi, Minghao, Seungkwan, Vernon and other employees have to prepare their ears to listen to the verbal war and they will going to have a headache. Sometimes Hoshi and Minghao just endure it since Mingyu and Jeonghan really have a great idea about anything and through their fighting and insulting to each other's idea, Minghao and Hoshi will jot down the pro and contra of the ideas. From their verbal war, they do not need to analyze the ideas one by one because Mingyu and Jeonghan will do it spontaneously in their argument. There are always be never ending war in their meeting but Hoshi and Minghao will give a sign to Vernon and Seungkwan to take them out from the meeting room when their fight are getting too serious just like today. Also, there were the time Hoshi and Minghao had to help Seungkwan and Vernon to separate them from fighting.

 

"Vernon, please email the report to Hoshi, Minghao and Jeonghan, I already make the whole report about the idea for our new project, If Jeonghan does not want to accept them, just let him be, I don't have time to keep fighting with him. What is he thinking? Really conceited, I really cannot stand to be with him, if not because of Joshua, I really don't want to be in that team," complain Mingyu. 

 

"Hyung, you know right Jeonghan hyung is always like that, why don't you to be a bit lenient toward him, you are very considerate person actually," said Vernon. 

Vernon is Mingyu's childhood friend and followed him to work for SVT Label & Co. and become his assistant. 

 

"Maybe to others but not to him, I just cannot stand his self-conceited, he is always think he is right…about tomorrow meeting, can you go? I don't want to be there," said Mingyu. 

 

Sometimes Vernon and Seungkwan will attend the meeting on behalf of Mingyu and Jeonghan respectively as their superior do not want to see each others face.

 

"Hyung, but this is your idea, you are the one who know how to counter attack the question for your idea, if I go it will be different," said Vernon. 

 

Mingyu silent. He takes a deep breath.

 

"Ok, I will go, I hope he didn't come, why don't Joshua just send him or me to the other branch, ughhh!!" complain Mingyu. 

 

"Because you two are the best," said Vernon, smiles.

 

"Please, don't say that! I don't want to be in the same level with him," said Mingyu. 

 

Vernon just shaking his head, smiling look at his friend also his superior. He does not know what Seungkwan had through today since the 'war' happened in the meeting just now. Yes, all the employee called it the war, the never ending war of Kim Mingyu and Yoon Jeonghan.

 

"Just stop talking about him, let's go to eat, I really hungry after fighting with him," said Mingyu.

 

"Ok boss, as you wish," said Vernon.

 

Mingyu smiles and put his hand on Vernon's shoulder leading him to the door. 

 

They walking through the hallway talking about what they want to eat but suddenly Mingyu stops talking when he sees Jeonghan and Seungkwan coming from the opposite direction. Jeonghan keeps the annoying face when he sees Mingyu on the opposite. Seungkwan and Vernon already have a worry expression on their face. For Seungkwan and Vernon this situation just like walking a tightrope.

 

They just passing by, Seungkwan and Vernon want to release their relief sigh but before they able to do that, Mingyu stops and speaks. Seungkwan and Vernon hold their breath.

 

 "Tomorrow, don't come to meeting, I will be there," Mingyu said flatly without turning his body.

 

Jeonghan stops and turns his body toward Mingyu.

 

"Why should I follow your order?" mock Jeonghan, crossed his arm.

 

"I let you know because I know you don't want to see my face, right!" said Mingyu, facing up Jeonghan while smirking to him.

 

"Yeah, I don't want to see your face but I know you don't want to see me also, so, if you don't want to see me, you the one shouldn't attend the meeting, not me," reply Jeonghan.

 

"Ok, whatever, don't complain if you have to watch me or listen to me during the whole meeting tomorrow, since I will the one to present the new idea," Mingyu said. 

 

"Yahhhh!!!!! you know I really hate you, I really hate you even more, I won't follow your order, I will make sure I attend and oppose all of your idea, Kim Mingyu!!!!!" fire Jeonghan.

 

"Yeah…you can oppose as much as you can, I don't care, I know my idea will be accepted anyway," Mingyu said while giving a scornful smile to Jeonghan. 

 

"You!!!!!!" Jeonghan walking toward Mingyu but got block by Seungkwan and Seungkwan send signal to Vernon to bring Mingyu out from here. 

 

"Ok ok, hyung, just let's go," said Vernon, push Mingyu's back toward the opposite direction. Mingyu just walk away follow Vernon's lead.

 

Seungkwan pulls Jeonghan to get away from the hallway while calming Jeonghan down. 

 

"Hyung, why you started it?" ask Vernon, while they waiting for their meals at the restaurant near their office.

 

"I just let him know that I will be there tomorrow because I know he will complain each time he steps in the meeting room when he sees my face," Mingyu said, "It's annoying you know!" continue Mingyu.

 

Vernon just shaking his head again and letting out a sigh. Nothing can stop Kim Mingyu and Yoon Jeonghan. 

 

 

-----------------

 

 

"Daepyo-nim, we already agreed to use this color for the concept and 50% of preparation is already made, if we want to change the colour we need to do everything all over again," said Mingyu to their deputy-CEO, Lee Jihoon, he tried to defend their team hardwork after get signal from Hoshi and Minghao. They already spent about 4 months for this project and Mingyu is ready to move to the new project as he prepared the new project idea last week. 

 

"Yeah, just do it all over again, I really satisfied with the concept but the color, no, even I already said yes before, now I don't like it," said Jihoon.

 

Mingyu, Hoshi, Minghao and Jeonghan looking at each others. They know Jihoon is likely to be nuisance in whatever they doing.

 

"Jeonghan, you have anything to say?" ask Jihoon. Jihoon have the soft spot for Jeonghan but Jeonghan really feel Jihoon is a bit pushy, so it made Jeonghan uncomfortable to be around him. 

 

"No," said Jeonghan. 

 

Mingyu gives a death glare to Jeonghan. 

 

'How can he be very obedient, that is his idea to begin with,' Mingyu get annoyed. The time like this Jeonghan always be so quiet and unaggresive. Totally opposite when he fought with Mingyu. 

"But Daepyo-nim..." Mingyu tries to speak further but getting cut by Jihoon.

"Just do it!! I will go now, Joshua will come next month for the quarterly visit and Company Team Building Training," said Jihoon, get up from his chair and getting out from the meeting room. 

 

"Why you didn't say anything????" ask Mingyu angrily to Jeonghan. 

 

"What do you want me to say? you already know how Jihoon can be," said Jeonghan with higher voice.

 

"At least defend your own idea, you can counter attack my opposition with several reasons, but you didn't say anything in front of Jihoon," reply Mingyu pissed.

 

"So, now you want me take all the blame? Why? You don't want to do this project all over again?" ask Jeonghan feels irritating with Mingyu's word.

 

"Jeonghan-ah…Mingyu-ah, stop it, there is nothing we can do," said Hoshi eventhough he knows it is useless to utter any word during Mingyu and Jeonghan's fighting because their word will be ignored.

 

"Yes, I don't want to do it!!! We are already start our new project, do you think we have time to do all this???!!" Mingyu said furiously, get up from his chair and smash the file on the table before he walk quickly to the door. 

 

"DON'T DO IT IF YOU DON'T WANT!!!!!" shout Jeonghan angrily.  

 

Mingyu just walk without turning back. A few seconds later Jeonghan also storms off from the meeting room after he punched the meeting table making the rest jolted for the second time after Mingyu smashed the file. Vernon and Seungkwan look really trouble. They know they will face a hurricane for a few days. 

 

"Hoshi hyung how? Jeonghan hyung and Mingyu hyung?" ask Seungkwan worriedly.

 

"Don't worry, no matter how mad they right now, they won't abandon their responsibilities," said Hoshi.

 

"Yes, at last they will do no matter what," add Minghao. 

 

"Yes, I know Mingyu hyung won't leave the team just like that, but I need to be careful for a few days, I will put this file on his table after 2 or 3 days, please anyone don't mentioned this project till he opens his mouth first," said Vernon take the file that Mingyu smashed just now.

 

"Good Vernon, I feel glad you are Mingyu's assistant, you know him the best since you shared your childhood time with him," said Minghao.

 

"Seungkwan-ah, you too don't say anything about this project, I and Minghao will start first, I am sure they will join later to help us," said Hoshi, "But why Jihoon always act like that, I got a lot of stressed because of him," add Hoshi.

 

"Me too, he always make us to do things 2 times," Minghao sighs, "Vernon, Seungkwan, just go back to your desk, they will be more angry if you are not there," said Minghao.

 

"Ne, hyung," said Vernon and Seungkwan before they walk out from the meeting room. 

 

------------

 

"Annyeonghaseyo yeoreobun, I am glad to see you again this year, so as we know tomorrow we will go to Team Building Training, so I hope you will enjoy it as well as take this opportunity to strengthen on our teamwork, I will pass to Jihoon to give briefing for our program tomorrow," said Joshua with his gentle smile, he glad that he will be able to participate in the company team building training for this year.

 

"Ok all, as you already been informed, we all will go camping in the jungle, as our CEO suggested, make sure all of you arrive on time tomorrow," Jihoon start the briefing and with Hoshi's assist distributing the tentative program for the 2 days for their camping.

 

----------

 

"Why should we come here? There are many more places we can go," Jeonghan whine. He looks surround him not so comfortable to be in the jungle.

 

"Don't complain here, just tell Joshua if you don't want to come," Mingyu who happen to pass by, responds to Jeonghan's whining, he heard Jeonghan complained about the jungle before too.

 

Jeonghan a bit surprised with Mingyu sudden respond, he make an annoyed face. He wonder how can he stay peacefully in place like this with the person he hate the most. He sighs. 

 

During the camping, Mingyu and Jeonghan try not to be near with each other as usual. With Joshua presence, they always try not to show their despise toward each other due to the respect they have for Joshua as their CEO and the person who trust them a lot. They tried to endure their annoyance and hate toward each other eventhough sometimes they could not hold it.

 

The camping and team building training come to the end. They already pack all their belonging and all the necessities they brought with them. They start walking out from the jungle. Until half of their trek, Joshua suddenly stops and speaks.

 

"Ah! I think I forget to pack my army knife," Joshua said to Mingyu.

 

"Are you sure? Just check it now, we still can going back to pick it up," said Mingyu.

 

"Wait a minute," said Joshua, opening his backpack.

 

While the others walk first slowly in the front as Jihoon's instruction, Mingyu, Jihoon and Jeonghan waiting for Joshua.

 

"Yeah, I really forget about it, how? that is present from Seungcheol, aishhh how can I be so careless," said Joshua regretfully with the situation.

 

"I will go back and find it, you just go first," said Mingyu offering his hand because if it was a present from Seungcheol, it must be special. 

 

Mingyu knows how Joshua really treasure Seungcheol in his life. Joshua can just stay in Seoul but for Seungcheol he is willing to go back and forth from Seoul to California. Mingyu has met Seungcheol twice at their annual company dinner. He can say Seungcheol is really nice guy and full of love for Joshua.

 

"No, I will follow you, I cannot let you go alone, moreover this is my own careless," said Joshua.

 

"It's ok Sajang-nim, you just go first with the rest," said Mingyu.

 

"Jeonghan, you go with Mingyu," said Jihoon.

 

"Errr??" Jeonghan speechless. He doesn't know how to say no to Jihoon, moreover in front of Joshua. Mingyu sends the death stare to Jeonghan.

 

"Yeah, Jeonghan please go with Mingyu, I cannot let him go alone," said Joshua. 

 

"Err…ok," Jeonghan agrees hesitantly. 

 

"Ok, I and Jihoon go back with others first, thank you Mingyu, Jeonghan…oh my army knife is Victorinox and has my name engraved on it," said Joshua. 

 

"Ok Sajang-nim, I will find it," said Mingyu.

 

"Careful ok," said Joshua to Mingyu and Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan and Mingyu smile and give a bow to their CEO. 

 

"Huh!! Always like this," Mingyu send mock comment to Jeonghan before he start walking back to their camping site. 

 

"What?" Jeonghan ask annoyingly. 

 

"Just shut your mouth as you did in front of Joshua and Jihoon just now!!!" said Mingyu annoyingly.

 

"You are the one who speak first, not me," reply Jeonghan, smirking. 

 

Mingyu just walking, ignoring Jeonghan until they arrive at the camping site. They both start searching for Joshua's knife and fortunately, Jeonghan found it near the fire pit. They start going back to the jungle starting point. During their trek, they heard a few times the sound of trees breaking. Mingyu keeps walking while hoping there is nothing bad will happen. Jeonghan looks a bit worry with that sound but he still keep quiet and keeps walking. After walking for a while, Mingyu stops as soon as he sees a lot of trees fell down, broken and blocking their trails. He looking around worrying if there are any trees will fall down. 

 

"We cannot using this trail to go back anymore," said Mingyu. 

 

Jeonghan just keep quiet and turns to the other direction and continue his walking. Mingyu too. They keep walking about two hours and Mingyu stops again. 

 

"We already passed by this spot 2 times," Mingyu said, while looking surround him. He noticed the tree that he marked when they stopped to take a break 30 minutes ago. 

 

"What do you say?" ask Jeonghan.

 

"Do I need to repeat it?" Mingyu starts to feel annoyed. 

 

"So, did we lost?" ask Jeonghan anxiously.

 

"Maybe," reply Mingyu short.

 

"Can't you just give me the accurate answer!!!" said Jeonghan feel frustrated with Mingyu.

 

"Do you think this is the simple mathematics problem?" reply Mingyu irritated. 

 

Jeonghan snorts his annoyance. 

 

"So, what shoud we do?, I don't want to sleep here," Jeonghan whining, "what if we cannot find the way out, no…no…we will find it, what should we eat if we trapped here? I already gave our foods bag to Jihoon just now," Jeonghan talking non-stop worrying. 

 

"Can you just stop!!!!" Mingyu ruffles his hair listen to Jeonghan whining. 

 

"Yah~~~I really don't want to sleep here!!!!! just keep searching the way out, palli!!!!!" shout Jeonghan.

 

__________________________________________________

NOTES:

At last, I decided to split the story into 3 chapters and I don't know whether it is ok or not but I hope you can still enjoy this light gyuhan story. 

Please bear the lack of my writing skill, I am very sorry if there is any mistake or error whether in grammar or the content of the story.

Last but not least, please give GYUHAN a lot of love and also to the rest of SEVENTEEN members ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡