Seeing Double (Chanbaek)

Oneshot Requests

A/N: au where baekhyun is dating chanyeol and goes out of town for a few days and asks his twin to take his place. I didn't want to use another exo member's name for his twin, so I just used baekbeom. sorry this took so long! these past two or so weeks were a bit rough for me lol. i rushed it a little, but it's a bit long, so hopefully you won't mind :~(( I'm not sure if there are any...warnings for someone pretending to be someone else in a relationship but uh...yeah here's the warning I guess? Mild language- nothing too bad. There's also a dash of baekbeom x yixing lol. Hope you enjoy!

Baekhyun hadn’t really meant for Chanyeol to accidentally fall in love with his brother for the weekend. Although, the tall and (despite his well- defined biceps) slightly awkward and fumbling musician had never really figured out that the Baekhyun he’d kissed goodnight on Friday and the Baekhyun he’d walked shelter dogs with on Sunday weren’t the same Baekhyun, the experience had been a roller coaster for the Byun twins from the start.

It all started when Baekhyun had received a call from a client who had taken a look at Baekhyun’s portfolio and had been over the moon about it, compliments and praises gushing out of his mouth like a waterfall. As a free lance photographer (and artist), it wasn’t exactly the easiest thing ever to find constant commissions for paintings or photoshoots, so Baekhyun had immediately accepted the offer to take photos for a wedding in Busan. It was a last- minute appointment, and Baekhyun supposed that was part of the reason why It was a high paying gig, a lot more than what Baekhyun made shooting random senior headshots or the occasional painting he sold. And the fact that the client had even offered to cover Baekhyun’s train ticket from Seoul to Busan was just the cherry on top. 

The fact that the wedding was meant to take place over the weekend had been fine with Baekhyun because it just so happened that his weekend was free. And everything had continued to be fine until Chanyeol casually brought up the fact that his big showcase was Saturday night. 

The same night Baekhyun was attending the wedding in Busan. 

And so, that very same day, Baekhyun had decided to enlist in the help of his twin brother, Baekbeom. 

 


 

“Hey, do you mind giving Jongdae a ride to the Lucky One tomorrow? He said he’d help me setup but his car’s in the shop right now,” Chanyeol said offhandedly, tongue stuck in between his teeth as he concentrated on scribbling something down on the sheet music sprawled out on the desk in front of him. 

Baekhyun stiffened and tried to hide his anxiety and discomfort by busying himself with the task of brewing a coffee. It was a Friday morning and most of their friends had morning lectures, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun both had Fridays free of classes, and always spent the day doing something with each other. With Baekhyun’s erratic commissions and Chanyeol having regular gigs every week, sometimes it got a bit difficult to find time to just relax with each other, hence why Fridays were such a sacred day to them both. 

But having the entire day to himself and Chanyeol meant Baekhyun had no way of avoiding the huge elephant in the room. He knew he had to tell Chanyeol before the night was over that there was no physical way he could take the 5 hour round- trip to Busan by bullet train, shoot the wedding photos, and make it back in time for Chanyeol’s showcase at 8 PM. It was just impossible. And it made Baekhyun feel like the worst boyfriend on the planet because the client was paying so much more than he’d ever even make in a month, but it would have to mean missing something Chanyeol had been planning for weeks now. 

But if he followed through with the photoshoot, it’d mean they both wouldn’t have to work as much for the next few weeks, scrambling to scrap together enough money to pay their apartment rent onto of student loans and personal expenses.

Baekhyun just didn’t know what to do. He’d always been supportive of Chanyeol’s musical career and everything he’d ever done, and the same was true likewise. It was just a matter of how much it would hurt them both for Baekhyun to rip the bandaid off and tell Chanyeol there was just no way he could make it. And he’d understand.

Right?

Baekhyun was quietly stirring creamer into his coffee, the dark brown color lightening up to a smooth caramel. He always liked his coffee sweet and sugary, unlike Chanyeol, who drank his plain and void of any sweeteners. He ran a hand through his recently dyed- brown hair, letting out a deep breath.

“Uh, yeah, actually I’m not really sure-“ he started, cheeks already flushing from the effort of trying not to just burst out into tears, when there was a knocking on their door, followed by the jostling of the door handle. 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had both looked toward the door, but their worries were immediately quelled when the strikingly familiar face of Baekhyun’s twin brother, Baekbeom peeked in, followed by the rest of his body, kicking the door closed behind him as both hands were full with plastic bags of what looked to be art supplies.

“Baekbeom! You didn’t say you were stopping by,” Chanyeol called out cheerfully, raising a hand in greeting at the twin, who smiled sheepishly and nodded his head. 

Confession to Chanyeol forgotten, Baekhyun eagerly set down his coffee and clambered over the couch to where Baekbeom was at the kitchen table, laying out bottles of paint, palettes, brushes of various sizes and more. 

“I asked him to bring over some of the stuff I’d left at his place last week,” Baekhyun explained, happy to be reunited with his paints again.

From his spot in the small living room, Chanyeol looked up at the twins for a moment, having to do a double take when he saw the two of the same faces. It seemed no matter how long he’d known Baekhyun and his brother, their similar looks would never cease to catch him off guard. In all honestly, if it weren’t for their polar opposite personalities and fashion choices, Baekhyun and Baekbeom were identical, from their peachy smiles to their same, strangely double jointed elbows.

Baekbeom was studying at the same university as Baekhyun and Chanyeol, but unlike the two artists, he was studying law, getting ready to become an attorney one day. It meant he was rather studious, ate actual food rather than boxes of packaged ramen (like Chanyeol and Baekhyun), and certainly didn’t do half the crazy things his twin brother did- like dying his hair, for example (no matter how many times their mutual friend Sehun had begged him to do so). 

It also meant he had an endless collection of sweater vests and and quarter zips with his law school’s name printed across the back. He really couldn’t be more different from Baekhyun style- wise, seeing as the other usually preferred ripped, black jeans paired with whatever graphic T- shirt he decided to pick up from the floor that day. 

Chanyeol let out a chuckle after comparing the way the two were dressed that day. 

“Man, it’s so funny how similar you guys are, but how different at the same time. I swear, Baekbeom, if you just didn’t talk, dyed your hair and wore the same thing as Baekhyun, I probably wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference,” he joked, but not completely so. 

From the other side of the room, the twins let out a synchronized laugh, but the corner’s of Baekhyun’s mouth twitched when he was suddenly hit with what could possibly be the absolute worst or best idea of his short life. 

“Well, we are twins after all,” Baekbeom pointed out obviously, smiling good- naturedly as he stuck his hand in his back pocket to slide out his phone and check a notification. 

It gave Baekhyun the opportunity to study his brother’s facial expressions, lower lip captured between his teeth as he pondered his next actions. 

Suddenly grabbing Baekbeom’s elbow, Baekhyun steered him to the door rather forcibly, the other arm stretched across his shoulder’s. 

“Alright Baekbeom, you’ve probably got loads of work to do. All those cases studies right? Can’t have all that piling up, now can we!” He laughed loudly, much to Baekbeom’s confusion and slight fluster as he was forcibly rushed into putting on his shoes. 

“I- I’m not actually that bu-“

“Alright, off you go!” Baekhyun swung the door open and gave his brother a little push, making sure to keep the apartment door open by just a crack, so he wouldn’t be locked out himself. 

Baekbeom scrunched his eyebrows together and fixed his hair offhandedly. 
“You’re really rude, you know that?” He said bluntly. 

“Shut up, ok- Baekbeom,” Baekhyun said hurriedly, placing both hands on either shoulders of his twin and staring him dead in the eyes, noses barely two centimeters apart. “I need you to do me the biggest favor.”

“No.”

“You didn’t even hear what I had to say!” Baekhyun said indignantly, pulling away for a second to cross his arms and pout. 

“The last time you ‘asked for a favor’ I ended up dressing like a hotdog and passing out flyers for three hours in ninety degree weather,” Baekbeom said in a monotone voice, feet already pointing in the direction he came from, getting ready to leave.

“No, ok wait,” Baekhyun said hurriedly, grabbing his twin’s wrist to prevent him from going. “This is actually really important. I told Chanyeol I’d go to his showcase- the one he’s been planning for, like, a million years.”

Baekbeom arched an eyebrow. “And?”

“And,” Baekhyun groaned, slapping a hand over his face, “I forgot and accidentally scheduled an appointment the same weekend. This weekend. It’s paying a ton, I can’t just cancel now.”

“And?” he repeated again.

Baekhyun blinked. “And? What do you mean ‘and’? Don’t you see where I’m headed with this? And here I thought we totally had some twin telekinesis going on.”

“Stop wasting my time Baekhyun, I actually have work to do.”

“Ok, ok, I just need you to go to the showcase in my place,” Baekhyun blurted out. 

“You want me… to essentially pretend to be you and hang out with your boyfriend? The one you’re ditching for a job?”

“Not just a job, Baekbeom, an important one! Look, you think I want to miss his show? I don’t exactly feel real good about my stuck up brother hanging out with him when I should be the one supporting him! Not exactly giving myself cookies and pats on the back!” Baekhyun said exasperatedly. Baekbeom rolled his eyes.

“No, forget it. You’ll just need to tell him you can’t make it. I’m sorry, Baekhyun, but sometimes the best lessons in life are learned through pain and experience,” Baekbeom finished solemnly, and turned to head toward the stairs.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the plaid- patterned back of his twin brother. 

“I’ll tell Yixing about your crush on him.”

Baekbeom turned right back around. 


“You owe me. You so owe me. You’re going to owe me in this life and the next and the next and the next.”

“God, how are we even related? You’re so annoying.”

Baekbeom’s eyes widened and his head swiveled around to peer incredulously at Baekhyun. It was almost comical with the way he looked like a psychopath, hair slick with hair dye and sandwiched between sheets of aluminum. 

“Me? I’m annoying? You’re the one who threatened to blackmail me!” Baekbeom exclaimed, hands waving around wildly underneath the cape covering his body. 

Baekhyun crossed his arms, careful not to let his dye- stained gloves touch his clothes. 

“But it’s for a good cause,” Baekhyun said matter- of- factly, and then added, “plus we’re family!”

Baekbeom huffed and turned back in his seat to stare gloomily at his reflection in the mirror in front of him. Baehyun hummed happily and continued his work, cheerfully whistling some tune he’d probably heard Chanyeol strumming on his guitar as he worked on Baekbeom’s soon- to- be brown hair.

Baekhyun had actually been shocked to hear Baekbeom agreeing (albeit reluctantly) to let the other twin dye his hair the same shade as Baekhyun’s in order to fool Chanyeol. If Baekhyun was the chaos half, Baekbeom was the lawful one, and that meant that having hair the color of anything but its natural black was not his style and not on his to- do list. 

Until Baekhyun casually mentioned a certain Chinese exchange student who lived on the same floor as him and Chanyeol and wouldn’t it be oh- so- easy to accidentally let it slip that Baekbeom had been hopelessly crushing on him ever since he’d helped Baekhyun move in and accidentally run into the foreign student.

After that, Baekbeom was surprisingly pliant and docile, although he didn’t completely go down without a fight, what with the way he shot dirty looks at Baekhyun every two seconds and never failed to complain and whine loudly when Baekhyun accidentally (or not) tugged on a strand of hair too hard.

Maybe they were more similar to each other after all. 

“Ok just let the dye sink in for like forty minutes or so,” Baekhyun said, tugging his gloves off and tossing them in the neat little trash can Baekbeom had next to his mirror. 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” he muttered to himself, staring at the little foil wraps adorning his head.

Baekhyun placed his hands on Baekbeom’s shoulders and looked at him through the mirror.

“Ok, first of all, try not to talk to Chanyeol too much, ok? Sometimes you say things that make you sound like you’re fifty or a prick, or both,” he instructed, Baekbeom’s mouth falling open in offense. He was about to argue back, when Baekhyun cut in again. 

“And if you have no other choice but to interact with him, for the love of God, please don’t talk about your love of history books.”

“What’s wrong with educating yourself through the amazing relics of the past?”

“Chanyeol once thought the Mona Lisa was painted by Raphael,” Baekhyun paused for a moment before restating, “Raphael. Not Leonardo da Vinci. Raphael! Somehow I don’t think he’ll be very interested in how the U.S. constitution was created.”

Baekbeom pouted and Baekhyun smiled brightly.

“Next! I’ll lend you some clothes because there’s no way you’re going to be going out as me dressed in some golfing outfit,” Baekhyun called out behind him as he left the bathroom, probably to scour through Baekbeom’s wardrobe and criticize all his fashion choices. 

“What if he asks me a question I don’t know the answer to?” Baekbeom asked, suddenly a little nervous about the whole thing. It wasn’t as if he saw Chanyeol romantically, because he did nothing of the sort. It was just the fact that Baekhyun was a very sociable person, who loved to mingle with people, and someone that naturally attracted attention. Baekbeom wasn’t. He preferred smaller groups and outings, and staying home with a good movie rather than going out to a noisy bar.

He sighed, slumping in his seat. 

“Worst comes to worst, just text me,” Baekhyun said, coming back into the bathroom with two identical plaid sweater vests in each hand. “But are you really telling me that you have two of the same sweater vests? Baekbeom? Really? I’m appalled.”

“Shut up,” he muttered, groaning loudly and slumping down in his seat even farther.

What had he gotten himself into?

 


 

It was Saturday afternoon and the day of Chanyeol’s showcase. The day had gone relatively smoothly, seeing as Baekhyun had told his boyfriend he’d be out for the morning, which gave him the opportunity to shuttle down to the train station to catch his bullet train at 10, and also for Baekbeom to have the whole morning to dress and get ready and rehearse all of Baekhyun’s annoying characteristics and quirks. 

The first test was Jongdae.

Chanyeol had asked Baekhyun to give him a ride to the Lucky One, the bar he was performing at, seeing as Jongdae was a close friend of them both and it really wasn’t a big deal at all.

For everyone but Baekbeom, of course. 

He was currently parked outside the apartment complex Jongdae lived in and shared with his roommate, Minseok. His hands were gripping the steering wheel of Baekhyun’s car unnecessarily tight, his knuckles going white with the effort. 

Was he supposed to knock on the door? Or honk obnoxiously to signify his arrival? What would Baekhyun do? 

Hurriedly, Baekbeom scrambled for his phone, quickly unlocking it and shooting a text to his brother. 

 

4:46 PM

To: two min younger

Do I ring the doorbell to let Jongdae know I’m here or honk the horn? I don’t have his number.

 

Baekhyun responded right away. 

 

4:46 PM

From two min younger

legit doesnt matter just honk ur horn omg

 

Baekbeom scrunched up his eyebrows at the unpleasant tone of Baekhyun’s text. He glanced in the rearview mirror, still not used to the messily styled brown hair, so unlike his usual hairstyle of it laying flat on his head. He let out a deep breath, resting one elbow on the car window and the other hand straight in front of him on the steering wheel. He hoped the ripped jeans and loose Rolling Stones tank top would be enough to curb any suspicions Jongdae had, but he had also decided to put on a pair of Baekhyun’s black shades, so as to hide the panic that would surely be in his eyes tonight. 

He honked the horn several times, cringing at how loud it was. Wasn’t it a bit much? He hoped no one was annoyed by the noise. 

And then he could really focus on anything other than the fact that Jongdae was strolling out the apartment complex and headed straight for his car. 

Oh god, oh god, oh god. Stay calm, Baekbeom, he instructed himself and took a deep breath, shaking his head to clear his thoughts.

“Sup,” Jongdae nodded and got in the car, setting a couple bags down by his feet. Baekbeom flashed a smile and nodded in return, starting up the engine and heading for the Lucky One. 

“Baek, I feel I haven’t seen you in forever,” Jongdae pouted, typing away at something on his phone. 

“Ha, well, I mean, I have been quite busy!” Baekbeom laughing, faking his easygoing personality.

“With what?” Jongdae snorted, rolling down the windows and sticking his head out. Baekbeom suppressed the urge to tell him the fact that he’d had the AC on, and settled for just switching it off himself. 

“I mean,” Baekbeom stuttered, “like. Art. And I’ve been taking a lot of photos recently, so. Yeah I’ve been busy.”

Jongdae looked back at him and grinned cheekily. “Well geez, ok, you don’t have sound so defensive about it,” he joked. And then something caught the corner of his eye, and Jongdae pulled a Landmark Court Cases and Rulings book from off the console between the two. Seeing it, Baekbeom cursed in his head. He’d brought the book for some light reading in case he had the time, but had forgotten to stow it away inside the glove department.

“Since when were you into law? Isn’t that more of Baekbeom’s thing?” Jongdae said skeptically.

“It is! It’s Baekbeom’s. He must have left it in my car. Th- that nerd,” Baekbeom spit out, the words leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. Was this really what his life had come down to? Slandering himself for the sake of his brother?

Jongdae stuck his head back in the car and linked his hands together behind his head, resting it back and letting his eyes shut. 

“Dude, you’re so weird.”

And that’s how the rest of the car ride went. It was fairly smooth, what with Jongdae falling asleep five minutes later and not waking up until they’d arrived at the Lucky One. 

Getting out of the car and uncomfortably tugging on his jean legs, Baekbeom eyed the place nervously. The Lucky One wasn’t a club or anything, just a bar with live entertainment too, but it was definitely out of Baekbeom’s comfort zone. He was just hoping he’d be able to sit in for Chanyeol’s performance and then camp out in the bathroom for the rest of the time.

As luck would have it, that wasn’t the case. 

Walking through the door, Jongdae and Baekbeom were immediately bombarded with Chanyeol, who was all open arms and smiles.

And then he pulled Baekbeom close and kissed him without warning.

On the lips. 

By reflex, Baekbeom’s eyes widened to the size of saucers and he tensed up, pushing Chanyeol back before he knew what he was doing. 

The tall musician looked utterly confused, lips slightly parted as he stared at Baekbeom. 

“Um,” the Baekhyun- imposter said intelligently. “I’m not feeling that well! I think I feel a cold coming, so I don’t want to get you sick too,” he explained quickly. 

“Oh. Well you should have told me you weren’t feeling good,” Chanyeol blinked and relaxed, “I wouldn’t have made you come here early to help set up. Just go sit down and rest or something, ok?”

Baekbeom nodded, giving a small, tentative smile at his so- called boyfriend and immediately made a beeline for the bathrooms.

Barging in, he a sink and scrubbed at his lips, groaning loudly the entire time, the noise bouncing off the walls and amplified times ten in the small room. 

“Baekhyun- not- ugh! Telling- ugh- me,” Baekbeom muttered viciously, hate burning in his eyes, “Kisses? Really?” It had definitely not been mentioned by Baekhyun, although it was probably such a common thing between him and Chanyeol that it had escaped him to even mention. 

Baekbeom recollected himself, dabbing at his slightly red lips with the hem of his borrowed rocker tank.

It was going to be a long night.


And it only got worse from there.

After Jongdae and Chanyeol came Kyungsoo, who was probably the most perceptive out of their friend circle. Baekbeom made sure to avoid him as much as possible. And then Sehun came towing his boyfriend Luhan behind him, who was already drunk despite it only being seven. 

And then Yixing walked through the doors and decided to sit right next to Baekbeom, who had taken a seat by the front of the stage to play the part of the supportive boyfriend. 

Chanyeol was already onstage tuning his guitar, and he looked up to see Baekbeom, who smiled widely and flashed a thumbs up. The musician grinned back and blew him a kiss, to which Baekbeom tried not to gag and pretended to catch the flying kiss. How Baekhyun managed to look himself in the mirror everyday was beyond him. 

“Hey, Baekhyun,” came a pleasant voice to his left. Baekbeom turned automatically in response to the name, and nearly stopped breathing when he was face to face with the guy he’d liked since he first saw him seven months ago.

“Oh my god- I- Yi- hey, um. Hey Yixing,” Baekbeom said breathlessly, fidgeting with the loose threads dangling off the jean rips on his thighs. 

“When’s the show supposed to start?” The Chinese student asked, scooting even closer to Baekbeom, who moved away slightly. 

“Um. Not sure. I think in, like, ten minutes maybe?” It was a question, but he sounded even more unsure due to the way he kept fidgeting and refusing to meet Yixing’s eye. Good thing the bar was dimly lit, because he was definitely blushing with how hot his cheeks felt. 

“You ok?” Yixing asked suddenly, placing a hand on Baekbeom’s back. “You don’t look so good…”

That’s because you’re touching me! I feel like throwing up!! Baekbeom screamed in his head. He felt like his head was about to quite literally combust and explode into flames. It felt like Yixing’s hand was going to burn a hold right through his back and heart. Could he feel how hard his heart was pounding?

“Yeah, just feeling a little under the weather,” Baekbeom laughed skittishly. He took a few sips of whatever drink it was that a drunk Luhan had set down in front of him earlier before being hauled away by an apologetic Sehun. 

Yixing pursed his lips and nodded. 

“How’s that brother of yours, by the way? Baekbeom, right?” he suddenly asked and Baekbeom wanted to smash his head into the table. 

“Yes! Baekbeom!” He blurted out, in a way that was too excited to be considered normal. He schooled his face back into a more nonchalant expression, which was hard, considering this was the most he’d ever interacted with Yixing before. “Uh, yes. Baekbeom is his name, mhm.”

“Ok…” Yixing said, head cocked and eyebrows scrunched in slight confusion but lips forming a small smile. “Just wondering. I think I saw him at the library last week and don’t tell him I told you to do this but you should tell him to hit me up sometime. Or give him my number.

Baekbeom stared incredulously at Yixing, who waggled his eyebrows playfully as he sipped his drink and Baekbeom could have sworn he saw stars. 

“Yeah, I- I’ll do that,” he said dumbly, nodding like a puppet, because did Yixing really just indirectly, half- confess to Baekbeom? 

Thank goodness that was when Chanyeol finally decided to start his showcase, the bar lights dimming even further as the stage ones lit up. He tapped the mic and said a few words to open the show, as well as dedicating it to Baekhyun especially. Baekbeom’s cheeks had flared when all eyes had him for a moment, but he pushed down the desire to sprint out his seat and gave a small, supportive wave at Chanyeol.

The show was fun, and Chanyeol was a good musician. He’d performed all six songs he’d written in the past year, and Baekbeom had gone and recorded all of them on his phone, because he knew Baekhyun was truly upset about not being able to attend and would appreciate the effort.

The showcase was about two hours, with little breaks in between and special guest features and Baekbeom had actually started feeling a little more comfortable, although part of the reason was also because he wasn’t actually talking to anyone. The night was over faster than he’d realized, and soon Baekbeom found himself walking back to Baekhyun’s car, more than ready to go home and get a good nights rest. 

Until he realized Chanyeol was following him back to the car. And that’s when it hit him that Baekhyun lived with Chanyeol and he’d be spending the night with Chanyeol. 

His palms were sweaty as he waited by the car door for Chanyeol, who put his guitar case in the trunk before heading around the side to get in.

“What’d you think of the show?” He asked eagerly, strapping his seatbelt in. 

“Um, really great!” Baekbeom said honestly. “Yeah, it was really great. You looked… amazing. As usual.” The couple talk made Baekbeom uncomfortable beyond words, because he really- really- wasn’t into Chanyeol like Baekhyun was, but if it meant getting Chanyeol off his back, then he’d do it- no matter how sappy and gross it was. 

Chanyeol smirked and jerked his head in a cocky way, trying- and failing- to suppress a wide smile.

“Well, I am the greatest after all,” he said unashamedly and then after a beat, asked, “How are you feeling though? Didn’t you say you felt sick earlier?”

Baekbeom’s grip on the steering wheel tightened and he swallowed hard.

“I’m still a little tired, so. Maybe it’ll be better if I go to bed early tonight,” he suggested hopefully, because if Chanyeol was feeling a little… frisky tonight, he really thought he might throw up. 

Just as expected, Chanyeol whined and pouted childishly, stretching his long body over the center console to rest his head on Baekbeom’s shoulder. 

Laughing nervously, the twin used on hand to firmly push away the mop of hair. 

“Let’s play the quiet game and see who can go without talking longer!” He suggested lightheartedly, but received only a burst of laughter in return. 

“The quiet game? Yeah, and then maybe we can do a paint by numbers and eat animal crackers!” Chanyeol joked back before pausing and saying, “wait I like animal crackers.”

Baekbeom snorted and shook his head, a smile spreading across his features. Chanyeol was stupid, but he could see why Baekhyun was so in love with the idiot. He had a boyish, sweet, charm about him that made him easily likable. 

“Let’s just get home first.”


And then the final challenge was surviving the night with Chanyeol. 


Baekbeom had absolutely no interest in partaking in any kind of physical activity with Chanyeol that went beyond holding hands- and even that was uncomfortable as it was. And he was sure it wouldn’t get anywhere to this point, but he had no qualms about brushing up some of the judo he’d picked up back in high school on Chanyeol,

Baekbeom had showered first, having immediately bolted to the bathroom, locking the door as a safety precaution, rinsed off as fast as he could, and then changed into one of Baekhyun’s pajama sets. 

He was already settled in and snuggled under the covers of the bed Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared in the time that Chanyeol had gone back to the car and brought back his guitar. 

The taller man blinked in surprise when he peeked inside the bedroom, having set down his instrument case on the couch outside.

“You… showered really fast,” Chanyeol said slowly, almost… in amazement? “You never shower this fast. Like. Ever. I think you showered for thirty straight minutes once”

Baekbeom peeked his head out from under the covers. 

“Well maybe I was just feeling a little expeditious today!”

“Ex… expe- what?” Chanyeol said, eyebrows knitting closer and closer together as he tried to make sense of what was going on. 

Baekbeom’s eyes were wide and the only part of his face present above the covers. 

“I… it’s a new word I learned today. Luhan taught me,” he blurted out, saying the first name that came to mind. 

Chanyeol laughed and yanked his shirt off by the back of the neck, shaking his head and mussing up the back of it. Baekbeom averted his eyes, knowing that Baekhyun trusted him not to act out of line, but also feeling like he needed to respect the couple’s privacy anyways.

“We talking about the same Luhan here? The Luhan that was so drunk today that Sehun had to stop him from trying to wash his hair with a beer?”

“People say crazy things when they’re drunk!” Baekbeom defended himself.

“Yeah, and next I’m sure you’ll be saying I’m actually dating your twin brother Baekbeom,” Chanyeol said amusingly, a sly grin across his face as he rifled through his drawers for pajamas.

Baekbeom held his breath at those words, eyes carefully watching Chanyeol’s tall figure the entire time. Was he supposed to banter back? He hadn’t found out, had he? 

Baekbeom bit his lower lip, and opened his mouth to say something then Chanyeol 

Luckily enough, the taller man seemed to take it in good humor, because he left it at that, taking a change of clothes with him into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom. Just before he closed the door behind him, he peeked his head out at Baekbeom.

“You not joining?” he asked in all seriousness.

There was a moment of silence during which Baekbeom simply stared back, at a complete loss for words, before Chanyeol broke into laughter again and ushered with a hand.

“Kidding, kidding, you don’t feel good, yeah I know.” The door shut behind him.

Shifting himself onto his stomach, Baekbeom repeatedly smashed his face into the pillows, cursing Baekhyun the entire time.

“Damn you Baekhyun.”


Sunday couldn’t have arrived slower. The night with Chanyeol had been relatively painless, because the other had thought the Baekhhun- look alike was asleep, and so didn’t bother him with what Baekbeom had no doubts were his usual antics with Baekhyun. However, Baekbeom had awoke with a start in the middle of the night when a snoring and knocked out Chanyeol had rolled over, long and strong arm coming around to wrap around Baekbeom’s waist. Baekbeom had done his best to wriggle as far away as he could, but he had felt like he was practically in a steel cage. 

Standing outside the Seoul train station, Baekbeom tapped his foot impatiently. He’d told Chanyeol that there were some errands he’d needed to run so there was no worries about his brother’s boyfriend wondering where he'd gone.

Spotting the familiar, oversized jacket of Chanyeol’s that Baekhyun always wore, he waved at his brother, who caught the movement and headed right over. 

“Baekbeom! How did everything go? You didn’t text me so I’d assumed it either went without a hitch or horribly wrong,” the artist said breathlessly, still a bit winded from running over. 

His twin stared back with a dead expression. “Yeah it was fine. I mean other than the fact that I had to share a bed with your own boyfriend, it was great!” He said sarcastically. 

Baekhyun laughed and clapped his brother on the back as they headed to the parking lot where Baekbeom had parked his car. Suddenly, Baekhyun stopped in his tracks and faced Baekbeom with a serious expression.

“Wait… you didn’t him did you?!” Baekhyun exclaimed, looking ready to hit the living daylights out of Baekbeom, who returned the accusation with equal amount of hostility.

“Of course not you ! Nobody wants your noodle man, you two are perfect for each other. Dumb and dumber,” Baekbeom huffed and shoved Baekhyun away in harmless banter. 

“I think you should just be glad you look like me. Consider it a blessing,” Baekhyun sniffed haughtily and walked on ahead. 

Baekbeom sighed and shook his head. He and Baekhyun may have been identical twins, but that didn’t mean they shared the same thoughts.


“Chanyeol, I’m home!” Baekhyun called out happily, sprinting into the bedroom where he knew Chanyeol was probably still sleeping. 

The tall man screamed when the other suddenly launched himself onto the bed, right onto of his boyfriend.

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes wearily, squinting at the other.  

“Baekhyun? I thought you had errands to run.

“I did! I finished them! I love you,” Baekhyun sighed and planted a kiss on Chanyeol’s cheek, hugging him adoringly. It had only been two days, but he really had missed the other terribly. 

For Chanyeol, it was quite the 180 difference from how Baekhyun had behaved the other night,

“Uh, yeah I love you too. Did you change?” He asked, noticing the outfit he was in was not the same one he’d left in.

Baekhyun stilled and then raised his head to look at Chanyeol.

“I uh- that’s right! Very noticeable, my smart cookie,” Baekhyun laughed nervously, topping Chanyeol’s nose with a feather light kiss. 

“Ok. You seem really different today for some reason,” Chanyeol mused, letting his head flop back onto the pillow. 

Baekhyun sighed and collapsed next to his boyfriend as well. 

“If only you knew.”