Tough Love (Baekchen)

Oneshot Requests

A/N: this is the canon baekchen that was requested a while ago by someone named "h" ! Since the boundaries were so loose, I sort of just... wrote... this lol yikes basically just baekchen being super in love with each other 24/7. enjoy!

It was a rare that a moment would arise in which Jongdae would have the luxury of taking the day off. Even rarer so was when SM personally gave them an entire week off to stay and vacation at a luxurious spot in Fiji- just saying it out loud made it sound ludicrous. However, seeing as that was currently the situation, Jongdae had no qualms with getting his out of the practice rooms to scurry to his dorm and pack for the week.

Humming a sad, slightly melancholy, tune under his breath, Jongdae grabbed a stack of folded clothing from his closet and placed it on the ground where he began sorting the articles of clothing into two piles.

Halfway through his cataloging, there was a quiet knock at his door. Jongdae looked up from his position on the ground to see a familiar, bright, smiling face peeking out from around the door.  

“Hello there stranger,” he said simply, unable to contain his grin from spreading ear to ear. 

“You look familiar,” Baekhyun joked, stepping out from behind the door, one hand behind his back. Ever the one with sharp eyes, Jongdae noticed the concealed hand, and immediately crossed his arms in an authoritative way.

“Got something for me?” He teased, sticking his tongue out when he reached for Baekhyun, who sidestepped him.

Baekhyun cocked his head and grinned, revealing a bouquet of flowers as he brought it out from behind him.

Jongdae’s face lit up like a Christmas tree, and he bounced to his feet to clamor over his boyfriend and the soft pink roses.

“Baekhyun,” he whined, “why’d you get me these? Now I feel bad I didn’t get you anything…” He pouted and stuck his nose in the flowers, exhaling blissfully and resting his head in the crook of Baekhyun’s neck. Being roughly the same height had some advantages when it came to cuddling, seeing as they could comfortably intertwine their bodies with each other.

Baekhyun let out a loud laugh and wrapped his arms around Jongdae. “What for? I just felt like surprising you. And to celebrate our week long vacation, of course,” he said in a haughty voice, making Jongdae laugh.

“I love you.”

“Mm, somehow I feel like you only say that when I get you something?”

There was the sound of a gentle slap, a shriek, and then the rustling sounds of a wrestling match that proceeded to follow.

Needless to say, the packing didn’t start until another hour.


“Ah, this is what I’ve been needing for the past month.”

“This is what I’ve been needing my whole life.”

“Don’t be a smart , Baekhyun.”

“What? I’m serious.” The two sighed in sync with each other, slices of cucumber on their eyes and their bodies enclothed in matching white robes. Jongdae patted around the side of his chair for the glass of champagne that sat on the sand, while Baekhyun reached for his apple juice box.

The pair faced the ocean, soaking in the last dying rays of the sun setting across the restless water, a cool breeze shifting the hairs on their head. It felt and looked like a scene straight out of a painting.

Of course, there was no way they could’ve just had the week off- they had a photoshoot on the beach first thing in the morning. But for now, the two lovers just took the evening time to pretend like they were just a couple- on a honeymoon, perhaps.

Baekhyun carefully lifted a cucumber off his cool eyelid to peek at Jongdae sitting next to him. He looked like a sleeping angel with his smooth complexion and always- smiling lips. Baekhyun didn’t think he could be more in love with a person until he’d met Jongdae. It was funny, and they always joked about it, but when the two had first met, Baekhyun had originally thought the other to be a Chinese member, and so had clumsily switched to the other language when greeting him. Of course, Jongdae had let Baekhyun struggle with the language for a few minutes before laughing and breaking the news that he was Korean as well. 

That was when Baekhyun knew Jongdae was going to be a very, very special person in his life. 

“Come on, let’s get back to the hotel,” Baekhyun said, taking off the other cucumber and patiently waited for Jongdae to stir and slowly get to his feet to make the trek back up the sandy beach. The two walked together, a twin set of footprints lingering behind them as they journeyed, hand in hand, each holding their glasses (or juice boxes) with the other. An orange glow was cast on their backs and was the picture of love. 

Finally, after some mild harassment from Chanyeol in the lobby, Jongdae and Baekhyun were safely stowed away in the privacy of their shared hotel room, Jongdae was able to attack his partner with a flurry of fluttery kisses. 

“J- Jongdae, stop! Ah- stop!” Baekhyun giggled as he did his best to escape Jongdae’s searching lips. 

The two fell onto the bed with heavy breaths, content with just staring at each other while laying on their sides.

Jongdae gently caressed Baekhyun’s face, and the other caught it, turning it to place a sweet kiss on the palm. Suddenly, Jongdae closed his hand, latching onto Baekhyun’s face like a tiny octopus.

Baekhyun yelled and kicked away from Jongdae, who was laughing his head off.

“Hey! We’ve got a photoshoot tomorrow, how do you think the managers are gonna feel if my face isn’t looking its best?” Baekhyun yelled at Jongdae from on the floor.

Jongdae scooched to the side of the bed and peered down lovingly. “Well… I don’t think anyone will be very surprised, seeing as you’re already ugly, now will they?”

“You’re one to talk, ugly,” Baekhyun said back childishly, clamoring back onto the bed. Despite Jongdae’s harsh (albeit joking) words, Baekhyun wrapped his limbs around Jongdae like a little koala. Jongdae smiled happily and kissed the arm that laid across his neck.

“I love you.”

“...”

“...”

“...”

“...Baekhyun?”

“You’re ugly.”

There was the sound of a gentle slap, a shriek, and then the rustling sounds of a wrestling match that proceeded to follow. 

It was the kind of tough love that could only occur between two people who seemed to love for each other, live for each other. And they did.