Lean on Me (Kaisoo)

Oneshot Requests

A/N: couple kaisoo where jongin takes care of a sick kaisoo after the airport and at the dorms! This is slightly short, so I hope it has everything you wanted. I especially had a lot of fun writing salty bbh HAHA <3 enjoy!

Having slept the nearly- four hour flight from Hong Kong to Seoul, it was a given that Kyungsoo would wake up looking like death and feeling even worse. 

His hair was ruffled, sticking up in the back and giving him the impression of a porcupine, while his eyes were no doubt bloodshot, along with the stale taste in his mouth. 

So needless to say, he wasn’t really in the mood to deal with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and there usual antics when the two partners in crime had sidled up to his side, faces smirking and full of mischief. 

“Kyungsoo hyunggg,” Baekhyun whined, resting his head on the other’s shoulder as they passed on to the moving walkway, leading the way with their managers in front as the rest of EXO followed closely behind. 

Kyungsoo shrugged the fellow vocalist’s head off his shoulder, wiping it as if it had been tainted by the other. 

“Who are you calling hyung for?” Kyungsoo scoffed jokingly, no actual venom filling his voice. “Go play with Chanyeol, I don’t feel good.” 

Upon mentioning his name, Chanyeol visibly perked up, his eyes lighting up from just above the black face mask that otherwise covered hid his entire lower face. 

“Kyungsoo- ah, you’re no fun,” Chanyeol said jokingly, lightly elbowing the older. 

Kyungsoo sighed tiredly and rubbed his eyes. Despite being the youngest out of the three, he felt like he was stuck between two children. Of course he loved Chanyeol and Baekhyun like they were his own brothers, but if the two of them didn’t stop talking within the next few minutes, he had a feeling he’d be shutting them up on account of emptying his stomach contents onto the floor. 

Luckily, he didn’t have to do either, as a two large hands rested atop both Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s shoulders, pulling them back behind Kyungsoo. 

“Yah, leave him alone. He said he didn’t feel good, you idiots,” Jongin dragged out, squeezing his body and suitcase between the two to situate himself by Kyungsoo’s side just as they stepped off the moving walkway.

Kyungsoo was quiet as the much taller man silently took off the other’s backpack, slinging it over his own broad shoulders instead. When Kyungsoo looked at him with a deadpan expression, Jongin only shrugged and winked mischievously. 

“Hey,” he said, nudging Kyungsoo’s hand with the back of his, “are you feeling better?” Their hands were right next to each other and it made him want to wiggle his fingers just slightly, slot them right in between Kyungsoo’s, but there were fans around and Jongin didn’t want any unnecessary attention toward the other boy. 

“I’ve felt better,” he chuckled dryly, the slightly raspy sound of his voice saying everything for him. It made Jongin tilt his head down and rest the side of it atop Kyungsoo’s affectionately, sighing in concern. 

The all- too- familiar sound of screaming fangirls and shuttering camera flashes was up ahead, where a path leading out the airport had already been cleared for EXO and their managers. 

 

“Kai! Kai I love you!”

“Ahh, Chen, you’re so handsome!”

“SEHUN- AH MARRY ME ALREADY!!”

“Look this way Suho oppa! This way!”

 

The comments all blended into one chorus of voices and Jongin didn’t notice the way Kyungsoo pulled his cap further down and adjusted his face mask higher onto the bridge of his nose. The loud noises were clearly irritating him and Jongin, who was usually always full of love and adoration for their fans, felt nothing but annoyance at the moment. 

A large part of his annoyance stemmed from Kyungsoo’s own condition, but also his own weariness. They’d just wrapped up their third world tour, had quite literally just stepped off the plane from Hong Kong. Couldn’t they catch at least an hour- long break before they were bombarded with fans and paparazzi?

Jongin sighed and rubbed his forehead with a knuckle. He supposed it couldn’t be helped. Right now, they just needed to get out the airport and into their company vans. 

And then Kyungsoo will be able to get some peace and rest, Jongin thought to himself. 

“Come on,” he said quietly, voice muffled by his mask so the only person who heard was Kyungsoo. Jongin pinched a small part of Kyungsoo’s hoodie, right at the elbow, and lightly dragged the lead singer with him as he powered forward with his long legs, even their managers jogging slightly to keep up with the two. 

Jongin kept one hand out to push open the doors and let Kyungsoo go through first, holding it out for Baekhyun behind him as well, who smirked and threw up a finger heart. Jongin rolled his eyes and let the door hit the vocalist on the head, who exclaimed loudly behind him and immediately complained about the hit leaving a scar forever. Drama queen. 

Kyungsoo coughed quietly, but not quiet enough for Jongin to not hear. The other immediately approached him and pulled down his face mask with a finger, lightly his soft cheek with the knuckle of his pointer finger. 

Kyungsoo squirmed, swatting his large hand away and quickly pulling the mask back up, embarrassed. 

“Stop that, Jongin. I look horrible,” Kyungsoo sulked, crossing his arms and crawling straight to the back of the car when he heard the beeping sound that signaled one of the managers unlocking the doors. 

Jongin handed both their bags to one of the managers, who piled them into the back of the trunk. He lifted himself into the van, predictably choosing the seat next to Kyungsoo. 

“Don’t say that,” he tsked, tapping Kyungsoo’s nose playfully, “you always look beautiful to me. Even when you’re not wearing makeup and you’re sick and your nose is runny and eyes are watery,” he joked. But not really. 

“My nose is running?” The other said in surprise, immediately lifting an arm to hid the masked face. Jongin laughed and pulled it back down, sliding his hand down the long- sleeved arm to entwine his hands in the smaller one’s. 

“No. You’re overreacting. You really do always look beautiful.” Despite a mask covering half his face, Jongin could still tell Kyungsoo had made a face at his cheesy words.

“How can you even say that stuff? You’re embarrassing,” he said quietly, lightly punching Jongin’s broad shoulders with their combined hands. 

“Yeah, tell him, Kyungsoo- ah! You’re annoying, Jongin!!” Shouted Baekhyun from the passenger’s seat next to the driver. 

With a straight face, Jongin unbuckled his seatbelt for a second, stretching his body across the aisle of the car to violently kick the back Baekhyun’s seat. 

The older man immediately whipped around, eyes full of playful fire, but Jongin had already retreated back to his seat, face smug and smirking. 

He heard the quiet giggling of Kyungsoo beside him, and it made his heart pound with love and affection. 


 

“Did you take your medicine?” 

“Yeah.”

“And the vitamins? I left them out on your nightstand so you might not have seen them in the cupboards.”

“Yeah, I saw them.”

“Ok.”

“Ok.”

“…and you drank lots of water today too-”

“Jongin, I swear if you keep nagging me like this, I’m really going to die a premature death!” Kyungsoo suddenly exclaimed, hitting his bedsheets repeatedly like a small child throwing a tantrum. Jongin cried out a groan and tackled his lover around the waist, nestling his head into his stomach and making him fall back onto the bed. 

He peeked his head up, chin resting lightly on Kyungsoo’s stomach. “I just want to make sure you get better quickly.” He knew he sounded annoying and more mother- like than Junmyeon himself, but he couldn’t help it. His protective nature always came out when it came to Kyungsoo. 

“I know, you knucklehead,” Kyungsoo said fondly, playing with the ends of Jongin’s recently- dyed black hair, “I love you,” he added quietly. 

Jongin encased the hand playing with his hair with his own hand and kissed it gently, lips fitting into the grooves between Kyungsoo’s knuckles. 

“I’m going to make you some soup,” he declared, and promptly got up to leave, not even bothering to listen to Kyungsoo’s protests. 

 


 

“You’re such a good boyfriend, it makes me sick,” scoffed Baekhyun, who sipped his own drink nonchalantly as possible, keeping his eyes trained on Jongin the entire time. 

“Yeah, maybe I’ll give Chanyeol some pointers,” he laughed, dipping a spoon into the chicken soup he’d made to taste the temperature and flavor. Kyungsoo was arguably the best cook in EXO, but given his condition, Jongin doubted he’d even be able to taste the different between salt and pepper. Nonetheless, he didn’t want to serve his lover anything that wasn’t his best. 

“Ugh, you should!” Baekhyun complained, setting his mug down to pout and lean on the counter to rest his head in the palm of his hands. “Our one year anniversary was two weeks ago and do you know what he gave me? He gave me a coupon to that chicken place down the street!” 

“Hey, don’t insult fried chicken,” Jongin said seriously, eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on pouring the soup into a small bowl with cute little bear patterns on the sides. 

“You’re right, coupons are very romantic and fried chicken is very y,” Baekhyun said sarcastically and Jongin laughed loudly as he walked away, the tray in his hands complete with a large mug of warm honey- lemon tea (he secretly mixed in the vitamins he knew Kyungsoo didn’t take) and the bowl of soup. 

Ascending the stairs was a slow process, Jongin carefully taking each step in effort to not spill anything. Finally reaching the top, he used his foot to nudge open the door to the room he and Kyungsoo shared. 

“Room service!” he called out jokingly and his smile grew wider upon seeing Kyungsoo crack a smile at the joke. 

He sat on the edge of the bed, balancing the tray in one hand while helping Kyungsoo sit up with the other. Jongin picked up the mug and lifted it to Kyungsoo’s lips, making sure the other had taken a nice long drink before setting it back down. Next, he carefully ladled a bit of soup into the spoon, making sure to wipe it on the edge of the bowl to prevent anything from dripping. 

“Say ah,” he smirked, watching Kyungsoo roll his eyes at the baby talk but taking in the bite anyways. 

Jongin swore he could spend the rest of his life just taking care of Kyungsoo and feeding him and protecting him forever. It made him happy seeing his lover happy, as cheesy as that was. Dancing was his life and he loved it more than anything, but he would drop it in a heartbeat and never pick it back up if it meant being by Kyungsoo’s side forever. 

“You feel better?”

“Mm, maybe a little,” Kyungsoo said, patting his slightly warm cheeks. 

“Then I guess I’ll just have to keep playing nurse,” Jongin said cheekily, earning him a slap across the chest, but he just took it and laughed, grabbing Kyungsoo’s hands and leaning in close to touch his forehead to the other’s. 

Despite feeling like trash, Kyungsoo still wanted the moment to last forever. It felt so sweet and warm with Jongin by his side, taking care of him, and no matter how much he didn’t want to admit it, it felt nice being babied. 


 

From behind the bedroom door, Baekhyun attacked Chanyeol in a flurry of slaps and punches. 

“Why don’t- slap- you treat me- hit- like- punch- that!” he hissed, crossing his arms in a huff and stomping down the stairs dramatically, much to Chanyeol’s bewilderment and the knowing laughs of Jongin and Kyungsoo from inside the room. 

Chanyeol stood at the top of the stairs, frozen for a second, before quickly running after his hotheaded boyfriend. 

“Are you still mad about that chicken coupon?! Dammit, Sehun told me it’d be a good idea!”