Chapter Eight

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook

Yeonha

 

“Jeon Jungkook,” I breathe out. He’s awake, he really is. I feel panic rush through me and I don’t know what to do. If he’s awake then that means he will reveal the truth about Taehyung and people will know the real him and they will bash him and they will hate him and he will go to prison and… And… I shiver at the consequences.

 

I look at Jungkook horrifyingly and he’s just stiffly smiling at me. He brings a hand up and starts to rub his neck awkwardly.

 

“Yeah that’s me and um… If it’s not a bother, may I know who you are? The doctor told me I had lost my memory and I can’t remember anything…” he says and I widen my eyes at him.

 

Oh right, my mom did say something about one of the victims having post-traumatic amnesia. I know it’s not the right time to feel relieved, but I can’t help but feel more relaxed. My once tense shoulders drop and the breath I’ve been holding rushes out of my mouth. I smile unconsciously and look at Jungkook.

 

He looks at me curiously and I just remember how he told me to introduce myself.

 

“O-oh yeah, um, I’m Kim Yeonha,” I introduce and smile at him.

 

He nods.

 

“Nice to meet you,” he says and smiles back.

 

“H-handshake?” I ask and bring a hand up between us. He looks at it for a moment before he brings his hand up too and grabs my hand. His hands are warm and unknowingly, I feel my cheeks hotten. The memory of me holding his hands and trying to make his hands warm comes up and I try to smile out the guilt bubbling up inside of me.

 

At least my efforts were worth it.

 

But I know it's nothing compared to the lies I've did to my family and to Jungkook in order to protect V. Sooner or later, he's going to regain his memories back and he sure will reveal the truth about V. I sigh. How did I get myself into this mess? 

 

“Um, are you okay?” a voice interrupts me and I widen my eyes at the sudden interruption.

 

I snap out of my thoughts and look up. Jungkook is staring at me curiously with a hint of a smile playing on the end of his lips. I realize I've been mumbling to myself and I blush. I look away from him and cough.

 

“U-um… Yeah, I’m fine,” I mutter. I’m about to scratch my face when I realize that we’re still holding hands. I make a motion to let go of his hand when he pulls my hand even harder. I raise my brows and look at Jungkook surprisedly. He just smiles at me.

 

“Can you stay here for a little longer? My brother is coming soon, but I don’t like being alone,” he says cheekily and I have to restrain myself from pinching his bunny-like cheeks. I always have a thing for bunnies and cute soft pets. Maybe that’s why I love Taehyung so much; because he looks like a little cute puppy.

 

I nod before awkwardly looking at our intertwined hands. Jungkook takes the message and quickly lets go of my hands.

 

“So where do you want to hang out?” I ask and he shrugs.

 

“I don’t know this hospital much,” he replies, “but a tour would be nice.”

 

I catch his lips sliding up to a grin and unknowingly I grin at him back.

 

“Let’s go then,” I say and lead him towards the rooftop; my favorite place of the hospital.

 

We are walking up the stairs when Jungkook suddenly coughs. I look at him curiously and he looks at me too.

 

“So, um, tell me more about yourself,” he says and I raise my brows at him.

 

“Me?” I ask and point at myself.

 

He snorts, “No, the wall behind you.”

 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter