Chapter Ten

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-1

Yeonha

 

The ride to school is boring as usual. I look outside the window and the sky is weirdly very bright today. The skies are blue and the sun is shining. I sigh and stop looking at the sun before it blinds me. The bus comes to a stop and I get off. My feet feel heavy as I make my way towards the school building.

 

Everyone is laughing and chatting with their friends while I’m walking alone like the sore loser I usually am. Some girls are still looking at me weirdly, but I decide to shrug it off.

 

I am about to approach the front of the school building before I feel something slip into my hand. I look to the side wide eyes and stop walking when I see a grinning V beside me.

 

“Good morning, beautiful,” he says and I feel my jaw drop. I just continue to stare at V confusingly before I remember his words from the past day.

 

“One week,” he repeats, “and you will want me back.”

 

I didn’t understand what he meant by those words that time, but now that I think about it, I want to punch myself for being so oblivious. He is going to try to fricking seduce in a week. I mentally slap myself. He’s requesting for a game of pride yet I already feel myself losing just by looking at his beautiful smile.

 

I always hate it when V glares at me and looks at me with a scowl on his face, but when he smiles and acts all loving, I swear, I feel like I’m keeping a garden full of butterflies in my stomach.

 

I awe at the sight of V smiling at me and I gulp nervously. I look away from his gaze and walk forwards, but I fail miserably when I’m pulled back by the force V’s grip on my wrist.

 

I look at V questioningly and he pouts.

 

“At least let me walk to class with you. I don’t like it when boys stare at you,” he says and gives me light squeeze on the hands before he pulls me through the hallways. Everyone is looking at us with shocked expressions and I just hang my head low, trying to cover myself from the sudden attention.

 

I trail behind V, trying to hide myself behind his broad shoulders, but unfortunately, he stops walking and I groan lightly when I bump into his back.

 

V suddenly turns around and grabs me lightly by the shoulders.

 

“Don’t hide yourself. I want to show the whole world my beautiful girlfriend and if you’re nervous, don’t worry because I am here for you,” he says softly and smiles.

 

I look at V shockingly. I feel my cheeks blush dangerously red and I try to ignore the fast beating of my heart. We stay in that position for a long time before V comes closer to me and wraps his arms around my shoulders reassuringly. I expect him to whisper something into my ear like he had always used to before, but no, I don’t hear any dark voices or any change of moods. I don’t hear any V. It’s only his breathing that I hear and the hard pounding of his heart against my cheeks.

 

We stay in that position for a little longer before Taehyung slowly pulls out and looks at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“Ready to go, princess?” he asks and I nod dazingly.


 

.



 

Taehyung and I are walking hand by hand through the hallways. Everyone is still looking at us weirdly, but instead of being a nervous wreck about it, I decide to shrug it off. There’s still a small part of me that hates the attention, but I know I have to cope with it if Taehyung’s going to keep sticking with me.

 

Honestly, I still don’t get the whole situation, but I don’t want to think about it further. Everything’s too perfect and I feel like if I say something, everything’s going to come crashing down like a house of cards made out of tracing paper. A small part of me keeps telling me that V is only playing with me, but I shrug it off. At first, the thought bugged me because I know how high the chances are that V just wants to play with me. After all, he’s a psychopath and psycho’s don’t grow feelings for other people. He even clearly showed his detest for me the past days and even I wouldn’t date an ugly girl like me.

 

But honestly, who cares?

 

Let him play with me. After all, this is my only chance to talk with V and be happy. I’m not going to miss this opportunity when it’s right in front of me.

 

Though even if I force myself to think like that, I know that a big part of me still hopes that he is being sincere with his actions: that he actually is interested in me and that he’s not doing this onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter