Chapter Sixteen

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who Are You?

Yeonha

 

For a moment, everything freezes. Taehyung is intensely staring at me with completely red eyes and all I can do is stare back with shock. Even though the rain drops are loud around us, everything feels silent. The sight of the rain washing away all the blood on Taehyung's face is mesmerizing and for a moment, I stop questioning his current state.

Slowly, I feel my feet walk towards him. He doesn't move, but the color of his eyes do. I slightly furrow my brows when I see his eyes turn to light blue. He is breathing heavily with his hooded eyes lazily staring at me.

The closer I get to him, the better I can see the bruises around his face. There are purple bruises around the lids of his eyes, and there is one the corner of his lips. A red cut decorates his cheekbones, and three scratch marks rest on the edge of his bushy eyebrows. I gulp when I see all the injuries on his face.

When we are face to face, I unconciously bring my hand up towards his head. His vulnerable state makes me want to cradle him in my arms and softly carress his hair. He looks like a lost puppy begging for company. Even though he's not moving, I can see how hard he is begging to be touched. I receive the signal in his eyes and begin to touch his face softly. I feel his body relax under my touch. He closes his eyes and sighs softly. He lifts his hand up and grabs my hand gently. His hands are cold, but his gestures are warm.

"Are you okay?" I ask quietly, and he immediately opens his eyes.

I am taken aback at the sudden change of color of his eyes. His eyes are now dark brown, like they always used to be. He's back to normal. Good.

We stay like that for a moment before Taehyung closes his eyes again and nods slowly.

"Do you need a hug?" I ask quietly again.

It takes him a moment to reply, but he nods eventually. 

I smile and gently wrap my arms around his neck, being careful not to hurt his injured body. As soon as I tip toe to hug him, his arms immediately wrap around my waist.  He quickly stuffs his face onto my hair and starts crying.

I furrow my eyebrows, but I don't question anything.

Because I know he's not ready yet.

 

 

As soon as we enter my empty house, I quickly turn on the heater.

"Are you cold?" I ask.

Taehyung shakes his head, but I can see how his body is quivering like a blending machine.

I try not to laugh at his failed attempt to lie.

"Come," I drag him towards the living room, "We have to get you treated."

He silently obeys and follows me to the living room. The advantages of being the daughter of a nurse is that there's always a big pharmacy in the house. There's nothing we don't have. We have every possible medicine there is. My mom always likes to keep a big pharmacy in the house just in case something bad happens. She also always used to teach me how to use every type of medicine so if I ever got hurt, I would know how to treat myself. I always thought it was useless to kee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter