Chapter Seventeen

BO-GUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seventeen

"Who are you?" I ask almost immediately when I notice the obvious physical change in Taehyung.

Taehyung stays quiet. He just stares at me with an unreadable look. 

I don't know what to do. Taehyung's new look makes me suddenly scared and I just don't know how to react. My instincts tell me to run away, but I can't seem to run away. It felt as if Taehyung's gaze was locking me into his possession, preventing me from moving.

We stay like that for a moment before Taehyung abruptly stands up. He looks away from me and immediately turns his face away from me.

When he starts to walk away, I grab onto his hand.

"Don't," I whisper.

Part of me is shocked at how hot Taehyung's body is. It is too warm, a temperature too unhealthy for a normal person.

Taehyung slowly turns around and shakes his head.

He shakes my grip off his wrist and quickly marches away from me.

"Taehyung!" I shout, but Taehyung doesn't stop.

"Where are you going?! It's raining outside!" I yell, wanting him to stop in his steps.

When Taehyung opens the door, I run a hair through my hair frustratingly. He just came to me and now he's running away? And here I thought he was actually coming back to me.

I widen my eyes when Taehyung closes the doors but comes back towards me. A small hope sparks inside of me. Maybe he will actually come back.

Taehyung marches towards me and stops a little too close to me. His eyes remain purple and I just stand in surprise.

He raises his hands and softly caresses my cheeks. I gasp at his warm, weirdly comfortable touches. He brings our foreheads together and stays like that for a few seconds. It felt blissful. I don't know how to describe it, but it just felt perfect. All those times I wasn't able to see him, it felt like I was fulfilling my dreams with this one intimate moment.

"Taehyung," I whisper.

Taehyung looks at me with a very sad eye. His facial expression is unreadable, but I could tell that he wanted to tell me something.

"What happened to you?" I ask quietly, careful not to trigger him.

Taehyung gulps.

"I'm sorry," he whispers to me.

I furrow my brows in confusion.

What does his mean by he's sorry?

Taehyung lets go of me once again and runs away, not ever looking back at me.

I wish I could just not care about him and let him run away forever from my life, but I can't help it. I run towards him towards the rain.

"Taehyung!" I shout. It's dark but I can still catch his figure. He's not too far away from me and he seems to be slowing down in his steps when he hears my voice.

"Stop, Taehyung! Come back! You'll get sick!" I yell.

Taehyung stops running and turns around.

"Stop following me!" he shouts at me back.

My heart slightly aches at his words. 

I shake my head stubbornly.

I run towards him, never turning away from his gaze.

When I'm in front of him, I punch him.

"You idiot," I mutter. "You know how much I missed you? You know how worried I was of you? You know how much I cried because I thought something happened to you?! And now you're running away from me?!"

The tears that I've been trying to avoid suddenly pour out of my eyes like the rain that's pouring down on us. Taehyung just holds onto the cheek I punched.

I punc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter