Passionate Partings

Good Girls and Bad Boys

A/N: I'm very sorry for the super long delay, but given all my stories, it's hard to keep up. I was a bit stuck on how exactly I wanted this chapter to go for a little while, so that hindered me, and I recently got into watching some dramas, lol.  I'm watching "Romance is a Bonus Book" and "Clean With Passion for Now."  I'm very into both of them.  Anyway, I hope there are some still reading, and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

I also wanted to let you all know that I am planning to end this story very soon. I will probably only write one or two more chapters (obviously with a time jump), possibly including an epilogue, if readers want it. I hope no one feels I am shorting them, and I'll do my best to wrap it up well, but I just have far too much going on. Yes, it could always go on longer, but I hope that you will all be satisfied with how it ends. That being said, I think/hope the SoEulers will enjoy this chapter, especially the end of it. I threw in a little something for the JanHoo fans, too.  

Since it's been so long, I thought it might be helpful to give you guys a little snippet about what happened last chapter, which was a friend's suggestion. I do recommend going back to re-read it if you don't remember, but hopefully, this helps to jog your memories. I even had to jog mine a bit before starting.

Last time… Ga Eul danced with Mr. Karlsson, and he tried to manipulate her into convincing Yi Jeong to leave Sweden. Yi Jeong's grandfather showed up, and Mr. Andersson announced that Yi Jeong will take his place as Director of the museum when he retires. Believing Elise is pregnant with Yi Jeong's child and that Yi Jeong plans to stay in Sweden to raise it with her, Ga Eul rushed out of the ballroom. Yi Jeong chased after her, and Jan Di followed after him. Ji Hoo convinced Jan Di to let Yi Jeong talk to Ga Eul, and the pair jumped into a closet when Mr. Karlsson and two thugs entered the room. Trapped in a closet, Ji Hoo simulated a kiss with Jan Di in order to make the thugs believe they weren't eavesdropping.

*To any Swedish-speaking readers, I'm sorry if any of my phrases are wrong.

Ta henne: Grab her

Kyssas: Kissing

Vem är du: Who are you?

Vad gjorde du: What were you doing?

Jag kommer inte att berätta någonting: I won't tell you anything.

Tör inte att gå nära henne igen: Don't you dare go near her again!

Var är: Where is…?

Jag tror att vi följs: I think we are being followed.

Förlora dem: Lose them.

Disclaimer: I do not own the original story characters. Also, I at writing action, so I hope it's okay. I know I can be cliché and cheesy, so my apologies in advance. I am trying to improve at it.

Warning: There is a slightly more mature scene at the end of this chapter but still T. Probably no need to mention it but just putting it out there to be safe.

Also, I made a Pinterest board for GGABB, which was an idea from NerwentT, so if you're curious about getting in my head a little and seeing what I picture for some parts of the story, you can go here (take out the spaces.): www. Pinterest acpoe82 / ggabb /

I have other story boards, as well, so if you are reading my other stories, feel free to check those out, too. There are some vague spoilers in the boards, but they may just produce more questions than they answer. So, my disclaimers are as follows: only look at my boards if you don't care about spoilers and if it won't ruin the images you have in your own heads. These are just what's in my head, making do with the best I can find out there, given that I don't have the actors and actresses at my disposal...if only!

And without further ado…


Chapter Twelve: Passionate Partings

Woo Bin was the first to receive Ji Hoo's message. He'd been keeping watch over his friends that night, mostly from a distance. After speaking with Yi Jeong on the phone about Karlsson, he had been concerned, so he'd decided to bring reinforcements along with him to Stockholm, and he'd sent his men to guard the perimeter that night, so to speak, in case anything went wrong. The evening had gone by as expected, that is, until the end.

Despite Woo Bin's careful inspection of the place, Harabeoji So had been a surprise. Where in the world had Andersson been keeping him?

And then there was Yi Jeong's acceptance of the museum director position. In a million years, Woo Bin would never have expected his best friend to stand there and accept that. Of course, there was often more to a situation than meets the eye, and when he thought about it, Yi Jeong hadn't actually 'accepted' but had merely allowed the Swedish chaebol to announce his offer. What are you up to, old friend? The Don Juan wondered.

It surely had something to do with Yi Jeong's grandfather being there, and all probably would have gone according to plan if not for him and one other thing‒or person, rather‒Chu Ga Eul. After hearing the announcement, she had run out, and Yi Jeong had gone after her. Jan Di had also taken off after Ga Eul, Ji Hoo following behind, so what else could Woo Bin do but to follow them?

Beckoning his two men with a hand from across the room, Woo Bin left the ballroom. In the hallway, he saw Ji Hoo lead Jan Di off somewhere, probably to calm her, while Yi Jeong continued chasing after Ga Eul. Woo Bin knew Ji Hoo would take care of Jan Di, and those two weren't really the focus of the Swedes, so he decided to go after Yi Jeong and Ga Eul. Once he caught up to them, he planned to keep watch from a distance while allowing them to sort out their issues, but in the midst of the crowd, which Andersson had immediately dismissed after Yi Jeong left, the two got split up. From behind, Woo Bin could see that Yi Jeong and Ga Eul were now heading different directions, so he was forced to send one of his guys one way, and he and the other went the other way. At first, he had thought to follow his best friend, but somehow, he felt Chu Ga Eul needed him more‒call it a gut instinct‒and Yi Jeong would want him to look out for her, after all.

Woo Bin headed in the direction Ga Eul went, moving as quickly as he could through the crowd, but then came Ji Hoo's message. When he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he stopped long enough to pull it out, in case it was important. Still watching the path Ga Eul was taking, he stepped into a corridor and read the message. Putting the phone up to his ear, he next listened to the recorded audio. He could only pick out some of the Swedish words, but he got the gist, and it didn't sound good at all. This was clearly trouble, so Woo Bin waved his associate on, and they took off after Ga Eul again.


In all the commotion, Ga Eul had gotten turned around. She finally stopped to catch her breath and look around for a way out of the building. By now, most of the crowd had dissipated, and she didn't remember which way she'd come, but her emotions were such that she felt she couldn't tell which way was up. She managed to find an exit sign, or so she thought, and she pushed through the door. It was a side door leading out into an alley.

Once outside, she spun around to take in her surroundings; she could see the harbor straight ahead, so at least she had some idea where she was. Her breathing started to slow down, but her legs and heart felt so heavy, so, not knowing what else to do, she dropped down to the concrete sidewalk and buried her face in her hands. Seated on the sidewalk, covering her face, Ga Eul was really trying not to cry, but she couldn't help it, and a few tears spilled forth, wetting her fingertips.

. . .

"Hello, Cinderella."

The voice made Ga Eul drop her hands from her face. As soon as she saw the Swedish man, the one she'd danced with, standing a few feet away from her with two men at his side, she bolted upright and wiped at the tears staining her face.

"Running away again, Cinderella?" Karlsson's lips twitched. "Ah, I suppose your carriage will turn into a pumpkin and your dress will vanish soon, is that so?"

How was it that this man had shown up twice when she was in this state? He didn't feel like an angel of mercy sent to rescue her, though, but more like a devil, here only to mock her pain. Fidgeting with her fingers, Ga Eul looked away, and the man took a couple steps forward. She instinctively backed up toward the wall of the building.

"I take it you are dissatisfied with the announcement tonight. Well, so was I."

Ga Eul remained silent, looking at him.

"No matter," the Swedish man continued, "I'm sure things will...work out somehow. I'd like to speak with you, though. In private. Could you come with me?"

Ga Eul didn't like this one bit. Her words failed her, so she simply shook her head.

"Just for a few moments. It's important." He took another step toward her.

Ga Eul held up her hands and spoke in English. "I'm sorry, but I can't. I'm...meeting my friends." She looked to her right and to her left, hoping someone would show up soon, for she had a very unsettled feeling in her stomach. "They should be here any minute..." But who was she kidding? She'd run off, and they didn't know where she'd gone.

The tall, blonde man gave her a disarming smile. "This won't take long, love. Your friends won't even know you are gone..."

Ga Eul shook her head again and started slowly backing away. Reaching out behind her, she tried the door she'd come out, but it was locked, so she meandered the other direction, toward the main entrance of the Grand Hotel. She could see from a distance that there were still people filtering out of the building and loitering beside the street. She wasn't sure what to do, but she suspected that the closer she was to a crowd, the better off she would be. "I...I'm sorry," she said in a shaky voice. She tossed him a small bow, keeping her eyes on him the whole time as she inched further away.

The Swedish man smirked and turned to one of the men beside him. "Ta henne," he said.

As soon as he said whatever it was, the taller of Karlsson's men began moving toward her steadily, menacingly, and the other was following right behind. Ga Eul felt her stomach do a flip, and her breathing quickened in pace. "Don't...come any closer," she attempted in English, not recalling the words right now, as she held up her hands.

This did nothing to stop the two men, and Karlsson only folded his arms and grinned sadistically from behind them. "No need to be afraid, Cinderella," he called out. "No harm will come to you so long as you cooperate."

Ga Eul's breathing sped faster, her heart now beating erratically. Glancing off and on at the men, she struggled with her purse zipper. Not again… She managed to it and fumbled inside for her pepper spray. It was only then that she recalled she wasn't allowed to bring it on the plane. She didn't have it, and she was left helpless against three strong-looking men who towered over her.

Oh no...what do I do?! Her breath was coming out in short, strained puffs, and she readied her quivering legs to run, but the men were already upon her. The taller had already gotten there and was reaching out for her. Ga Eul cringed and held up her hands in front of her face. She squeezed her eyes shut. Yi Jeong, help me…

. . .

A split second later, Ga Eul felt a breeze of air rather than the man's hands on her as she'd anticipated. It seemed she had been saved, even though she hadn't expected her silent prayer to work...

When she opened her eyes, she saw Woo Bin wrenching the thug away from her. He spun the man around, reared back, and struck with his fist, knocking him fully to the ground and out with a single blow. Woo Bin turned to shoot her a brief glance and looked back at the other man, who had pulled a gun out and was now pointing it at him.

Ga Eul gasped, and she felt her body beginning to tremble all over. Oh my god, is Woo Bin Sunbae going to get shot because of me?! She knew Woo Bin was an expert martial artist, but what could he do with a gun pointed at his face?

Woo Bin held up his hands, but despite the situation, he had a little smile on his face as if he knew something the man didn't. How could he be so cool right now? "Yo man, let's talk about this…," Woo Bin said casually.

"You attacked one of my men, so I believe the time for talking has passed," Karlsson interjected in a chilling voice from directly behind the armed thug. The thug and Karlsson were facing them with their backs to the side door.

"Okay, okay," Woo Bin said as he started moving toward Ga Eul, positioning himself in front of her.

"Don't move!" the thug shouted in English, waving his gun frantically.

Woo Bin stopped for a moment, keeping his hands raised. He glanced back at Ga Eul and tossed her a wink before re-focusing on the man. "Look, you don't want to do this, man. We are near a very public street, and…"

"Shut the hell up!" the man shouted.

It was at that very moment the gun was knocked out of the man's hand from behind, and he was also swiftly rendered unconscious by one of Woo Bin's associates. Ga Eul heaved a sigh of relief.

As for Mr. Karlsson, he was already trudging down the alleyway and over to a black car parked on the side of the street. Woo Bin thought to pursue him, but ensuring Ga Eul's safety was most important right now, so he watched from a distance as the waiting driver opened the back door for Karlsson. He got in, and they drove off.

Woo Bin sighed and turned back to Ga Eul. "Ga Eul, are you alright?" he asked, rushing to her.

By now, Woo Bin's other man had arrived, and the two were neutralizing the still unconscious thugs; they'd already taken away their guns and were searching them for any other weapons.

Standing before Ga Eul, Woo Bin placed a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked. She stared up at him with large, teary eyes. "Y-yes."

"Well, I think a few more self-defense lessons might be in order, Ga Eul-ah. You seem to get into as much trouble as Jan Di these days." He shot her a playful grin, and Ga Eul put on the best smile she could muster, which wasn't a very good one.

"I'm so sorry, Sunbae."

"For what?"

"For…" Ga Eul motioned around at the scene and lowered her head in humility and sorrow. Yes, she felt bad for the trouble she'd caused him, but she was keeping her head down mainly because she was starting to cry again.

"Heyyy, it's okay. Are you hurt?" Woo Bin gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze and surveyed her body visually for any obvious injuries.

She shook her head. "No."

"If it's about those guys," Woo Bin motioned toward the thugs, "there's no need to worry. They'll be taken care of..."

"It's not that, Sunbae." She avoided his concerned, chocolate eyes.

"Then...it's about...Yi Jeong?" Woo Bin took a‒not such a‒stab in the dark.

She nodded.

"Is this about the announcement?"

Ga Eul sighed. "I don't want to talk about it." And she slumped onto the sidewalk again. Resting her elbows on her thighs, she propped her chin between her fists.

With a nod, Woo Bin lowered himself to the ground beside her and placed his hands on his knees. If she didn't want to talk, he would just wait until she did. It could certainly be said that Song Woo Bin knew women well, Ga Eul better than most, and she would surely want to talk about it soon. They sat there, both staring out ahead.

Woo Bin wanted to give her time, but they did need to find their friends, so he waited a couple more minutes before saying, "I don't think Yi Jeong had anything to do with any of this tonight...his grandfather, the announcement… He didn't even seem to know about it. Well, he did know about the offer, but he planned to turn it down, and if he'd changed his mind, I'm sure he would've told me."

Ga Eul shook her head vehemently. "I don't want to talk about it right now, Sunbae."

"Alrighty." Woo Bin slapped his hands against his pant legs. He waited another twenty seconds before asking, "How about now?" He'd hoped his joke would get a real smile out of her, but Ga Eul only shot him a look of annoyance. He turned away for a moment. It didn't take long for her to soften and succumb, though, and she took a deep breath before speaking. "It's...not just about Yi Jeong Sunbae taking the Director position here…"

Woo Bin leaned toward her, resting an arm on his knee while listening.

"I...I...overheard something tonight…" Ga Eul's legs and hands began to tremble with her words. "I...I...can't even say it out loud...it's too…." She was beginning to tear up again, and she brought a hand up to her face as the first few salty drops escaped.

"Hey now, it's okay…" Woo Bin put a friendly arm around her shoulder and pulled her a bit closer. "You can tell me. Maybe I can help somehow."

"No," she said adamantly, shaking her head. "There's nothing you can do about this, Sunbae."

Woo Bin was truly curious, but he knew her well enough to know she wasn't through speaking, so he waited.

"Yi-Yi Jeong Sunbae...he...I think...Elise is p-pregnant...with...h-his…with Yi Jeong's..."

Woo Bin's lips parted, his first instinct being disbelief. "Ga Eul, that can't be," he responded immediately.

No, it wasn't impossible, but Woo Bin knew his best friend; they told each other everything, and he would have confessed to him if he'd screwed up and slept with another woman. And he certainly would've confided in him if he was a father-to-be.

Ga Eul pressed her lips together sullenly. "...I don't know for sure, but it certainly seems that way."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well...I was in the bathroom with Elise, and she got sick...and then I overheard her telling Yi Jeong about the baby..."

Woo Bin exhaled and leaned forward, rubbing his hands together. He just couldn't believe it. It wasn't like Yi Jeong was a saint, and mistakes could always happen, but it just didn't make sense. He was so sure that Yi Jeong had changed his ways and wanted to be with Ga Eul only.

"She actually said it was his?"

Ga Eul thought back for a moment. She'd wanted to wipe that whole scene from her mind, but Woo Bin was forcing her to take a closer look. Her brow wrinkled up. "...Not exactly, but it seemed like…"

"Ga Eul, you can't assume something like this. And whether it's true or not, you need to talk to Yi Jeong about it."

"I know, but I...I..just don't think I-I can face him. How do I say something like that to him?"

"Listen..." Woo Bin took her by the shoulders and turned her to face him. "I don't know what happened, but all I know is that Yi Jeong cares about you a lot. I don't think he would ever hurt you on purpose, so there must be some explanation."

Ga Eul dropped her head and sniffled. Woo Bin Sunbae's faith in his friend was touching; she only wished she had that much faith in her boyfriend. This was a problem; she really needed to trust Yi Jeong as much as his friend did.

Woo Bin adjusted Ga Eul's ed coat to cover her better. "I mean it." He placed a finger beneath her chin and lifted, forcing her to look him in the eye. Strangely, Ga Eul felt her cheeks warm a bit.

"Ga Eul-ah, listen carefully. I really believe that Yi Jeong is a different man than he was, and that's because of you. You've done more for him than you know...I've never seen him so happy as when he's with you."

Ga Eul sniffled once more, and then she smiled. "Thank you, Sunbae." Lowering her head a bit, she broke Woo Bin's grasp on her chin. Unthinkingly, she leaned against him.

Feeling her motion, Woo Bin pulled her all the way in and embraced her. She ended up with her forehead resting against his broad chest, and though his words had helped some, her emotions came out in full force. As her tears gushed forth, he held her tighter, allowing her to softly sob in his arms.

. . .

"Ga Eul-ah!"

"Woo Bin!"

. . .

Ga Eul and Woo Bin parted at the sound of their names being called, Ga Eul's in a high-pitched, female voice and Woo Bin's in a lower, male voice. They looked up to see Jan Di and Ji Hoo heading their way from around the front of the building. Ji Hoo had a hold of Jan Di's wrist, and they were jogging toward them as fast they could with Jan Di being in heels and a form-fitting dress. Once they stopped running and stood before them, Ji Hoo released Jan Di's wrist, and she immediately went to Ga Eul, putting her arm around her and asking if she was okay.

"What's going on?" Ji Hoo asked, surveying the scene before him; he noticed that the two men on the ground were the ones they'd hid from in the closet.

"These men were trying to grab Ga Eul, but my guys and I stopped them," Woo Bin explained.

Ji Hoo nodded, and Jan Di's face twisted in anger. She started to make a move forward, but Ji Hoo looked over and put his hand up, so she stopped and just glared at the two men on the ground while hugging Ga Eul.

Restrained by Woo Bin's guys, the thugs were beginning to come to. The shorter opened his eyes first and looked around; after becoming fully cognizant, he focused on Ji Hoo and Jan Di. "He...she…!" The thug pointed between Ji Hoo and Jan Di. "They were the ones kissing in the closet! They must have been eavesdropping on us!" The man exclaimed in Swedish, jabbing his partner awake with an elbow.

Ji Hoo and Woo Bin were able to understand enough of what he'd said, and Woo Bin's brow furrowed. He looked to Ji Hoo with a question in his eyes, though there was no time for explanations right now.

As for Jan Di, although she didn't understand, the word sounded enough like the English one; she also recognized the man, and from the way he was pointing at her, she could guess at what he was saying. She dropped her head, blushing a bit.

Ga Eul was also a bit confused, especially by her friend's reaction; she studied Jan Di for a couple seconds before turning her attention back to the thugs.

"So, you're awake." Woo Bin sauntered over and kneeled before the men. Meanwhile, Ji Hoo moved to stand protectively in front of Jan Di and Ga Eul.

"Who are you?" Woo Bin demanded of the thug, pointing a finger in his face. "Vem är du?" he repeated in the man's native language. "Vad gjorde du?!"

The man sneered. "Jag kommer inte att berätta någonting…," and he added, "bastard" at the end.

"Do you know who I am?" Woo Bin asked. Scowling, the man shook his head, so Woo Bin went on to detail how many ways he and the very dangerous people who worked for him could harm him or even make him disappear, no questions asked. The man just glared, and Woo Bin glared back for a moment before standing.

With a sigh, Woo Bin glanced back at Ji Hoo. "Some people just don't know when to cooperate, do they?" He shrugged.

One corner of Ji Hoo's mouth twitched, and he took a couple steps forward. He stood next to Woo Bin, hovering over the thugs.

"Oh." Recalling earlier, Woo Bin turned to Ji Hoo. "Kyssas?" he repeated the Swedish word the man had said.

Ji Hoo simply shrugged. "You obviously hit him too hard, Woo Bin-ah. He must have a concussion." Ji Hoo bent at the knees and looked into the faces of the thugs as if scrutinizing their medical condition.

"You're the doctor." Woo Bin smirked.

At that comment, Ji Hoo leaned forward and reached out with both hands. The thug pulled away but couldn't go far, and Ji Hoo clunked his head together with the other man's, rendering both unconscious once more.

"Well, that wasn't very doctory, Ji Hoo-ah." Woo Bin grinned.

Ji Hoo stood upright and folded his arms in satisfaction. "Well, I was torn between my desire to help people and my loyalty to my friends; in the end, my friends won out. Besides, I haven't taken my physician's oath to do no harm yet."

Woo Bin chuckled, and Ji Hoo returned to stand near the girls. "Hey, where's Yi Jeong?" Ji Hoo asked.

"I don't know." Woo Bin was also surprised he hadn't found them yet. "I guess we should go look for him." But first, Woo Bin pulled out his phone and hit a few buttons. He put it up to his ear, listening to the dial tone. After a couple of rings, he got a very worried-sounding Yi Jeong on the other end. Before he could respond to Yi Jeong's string of questions and explain what happened and where they were, Yi Jeong appeared around the back of the building.

When he saw them all standing there with Woo Bin's guards securing two Swedish men in black, Yi Jeong hung up his phone and shoved it in his pocket. "What's going on?! Ga Eul-yang!" he called out as he rushed to her.

Jan Di stepped aside just in time for Yi Jeong to crush Ga Eul in his arms, and she moved to stand next to Ji Hoo. "Sunbae, where have you been?!" Jan Di demanded, but Yi Jeong didn't answer. He was too focused on hugging Ga Eul, who had gone limp in his arms.

Part of Ga Eul wanted to embrace him back with all the life in her, but another part of her wanted to run away again...because it was too painful. But she'd told Woo Bin that she would talk to him. No, she wouldn't be a coward again. She would summon all the courage she'd used to confess her feelings to him the first time, all she'd needed on the stairs that day when she'd promised to stop pursuing him, and all the energy it had taken to give him a message of love from another woman. Only this time, Ga Eul thought she would need all that strength and more to face what was in front of them.

One arm around her waist and the other around her shoulders, Yi Jeong buried his face in Ga Eul's shoulder; he lifted the hand on her shoulder and gave her hair a gentle , and he squeezed her again. He held her for another five seconds before reluctantly pulling away and loking to Woo Bin. "What happened? Where's Karlsson?" Woo Bin explained the situation to him in brief and how Karlsson had left.

A furious Yi Jeong moved aggressively toward the two men, who were beginning to regain consciousness again, shouting at them in Swedish. Before he could reach them, Woo Bin stepped in front of him and put both hands out, catching him by the shoulders. He was barely holding his best friend back, though, and he knew if he let go, Yi Jeong would probably rip their heads off. He was a lot like Jun Pyo when he got angry, out of control. Woo Bin, on the other hand, could be aggressive when the situation called for it, but he was better able to manage it.

"Calm down, Yi Jeong-ah. My guys and I already knocked them out, and so did Ji Hoo, so all is good."

"The hell it is!" Yi Jeong broke free of Woo Bin and stooped down before the thugs. Grabbing both by the collars, he shouted, "Tör inte att gå nära henne igen!" The taller scoffed, and the shorter, still woozy, just glared at him. "Var är Karlsson?" Again, the thugs refused to respond, and Yi Jeong began to really lose his temper.

Between Woo Bin and Ji Hoo, they managed to drag Yi Jeong away before he started beating the two senseless, and Woo Bin instructed his guys to take care of the thugs and then meet at the agreed upon location. Woo Bin's guys proceeded to drag the thugs away toward the back of the building.

Turning to a still seething Yi Jeong, Woo Bin asked, "What's going on?"

Yi Jeong knew what his old friend meant, and he worked to control his rampant breathing before responding, "No time to explain now. We should go."


Moments later, the five of them sat in the back of a white limo. The girls were seated in the middle with Yi Jeong on Ga Eul's left, and Ji Hoo on Jan Di's right. Woo Bin was seated in the far corner near the window. All were currently silent, though the tension hung thick in the air.

Glancing at her best friend, Jan Di finally broke the silence. "Ga Eul-ah, are you alright?"

Ga Eul looked back at her and feigned a smile; she nodded.

Jan Di sighed. "Thank goodness Woo Bin Sunbae was there to help!"

Yi Jeong tightened his jaw at this and lowered his eyes. He was also thankful, though he was feeling very guilty for not being the one to save his own girlfriend. He'd lost her, and then he was detained by his harabeoji and the Anderssons. He'd dismissed them rather rudely to go after Ga Eul, but all he could think about at the time was how he needed to get to her, how she was sad and could be lost or hurt or in trouble...and she was more important to him than anything else, after all.

"Yes...thank goodness," Yi Jeong muttered, squeezing his hands together. He raised his eyes and cast his glance to Woo Bin, giving a sullen thanks.

"I can't believe those guys went after her! ...You know, if we had gotten there a little earlier, I would have…" Jan Di was getting riled up, and oddly, it lightened the mood a bit.

"You would have what, Jan Di-ah?" Woo Bin asked with a grin. Beside Jan Di, Ji Hoo wore a small, amused smile on his face.

"Well, I would have beaten them senseless!"

Woo Bin let out a little chuckle, and all were thankful for the ice breaker. "It seems our Wonder Girl is sorry she missed the action." Jan Di pressed her lips together in response. "We all know you have one hell of a spin kick, Jan Di-ah, but you are in a dress and heels," the Mafia Prince protested.

"That only means it would have hurt more, Sunbae!"

This brought a smile to everyone's face, and Woo Bin laughed. "Well, no worries, Jan Di-ah. It was taken care of. Besides, Jun Pyo would kill us if we let you be in danger."

Jan Di scoffed. "I can take care of myself, Woo Bin Sunbae. I'm not some weakling."

"Oh, we know that, right, Ji Hoo?" Woo Bin shot a grin at Ji Hoo, who gave him a thin smile and a nod, and Woo Bin tossed a wink at Jan Di.

Now it was Ga Eul who was feeling like the weakling. Lately, she had needed so much aid from others. She'd run to Ji Hoo and Jan Di after Sang Woo attacked her; she'd been saved by Woo Bin, and she had cried and attempted to run away from the benefit tonight twice rather than facing the music and talking to Yi Jeong directly about the problem.

"Besides, you and Ji Hoo were extremely helpful in getting that message to us," Woo Bin said, shooting a glance to Yi Jeong. "How did you get that?" Although muffled and in another language, he'd heard what the thug had said, but there were still some blanks to be filled in.

"It's a long story," was all Ji Hoo said.

"Yeah, what was that all about? And why would those men want to go after Ga Eul, anyway?" Jan Di asked the question everyone was wondering, looking around the limo at the others.

Ga Eul didn't know what Mr. Karlsson had planned to do with her, perhaps kidnap her…? She did know, after talking to him, however, that he didn't want Yi Jeong around. Was he planning to use her against Yi Jeong? She was once again thankful to Woo Bin for preventing that.

"Probably because he's angry with me," Yi Jeong spoke up. "For...being offered the position." He'd expected as much from what Elise had told him, and then there was Ji Hoo's message...he would need to warn Mr. Andersson first thing and of course, deal with Karlsson promptly.

At Yi Jeong's words, everyone grew attentive. Ga Eul tensed up beside him, and he looked over. Jan Di also looked to Ga Eul with concern in her eyes, and feeling the heat of the eyes on her, Ga Eul dropped her gaze to the floor.

Across from them, Woo Bin laced his fingers together. He wanted to ask more questions about the announcement but didn't want to make Ga Eul any more upset and uncomfortable than she already was. Still, it needed to be dealt with. "About that…," Woo Bin began, wanting to ease into it.

"Yes, that. Well, that...is also a long story," Yi Jeong said wearily. He looked at Ga Eul, who was staring down at her hands in her lap. "One I promise to explain completely," he added for her benefit especially.

Ga Eul thinned her lips and gave a little nod. And Yi Jeong looked from Ga Eul to Woo Bin, who mouthed 'talk to her later' to him.

Woo Bin wanted to ask about Yi Jeong's grandfather being there, but his friend didn't seem in the mood to talk. He was sure he would later on when he was ready, though; otherwise, Woo Bin had always been good at getting information out of him. It was one of his many skills, and he did know the man like the back of his hand. For now, he simply folded his arms and looked out the window.

When Woo Bin shifted in his seat, Jan Di noticed something she hadn't before, a shiny, cylindrical object hanging from his belt, partially concealed beneath his jacket. "Woo Bin Sunbae, what's that?" she asked. He met her eyes, which widened as she realized what it was.

"Is that a gun, Sunbae?!" How did he keep that hidden all night?

Woo Bin nodded, causing Jan Di's mouth to drop. "Just a precaution."

Precaution for what? Jan Di wondered. Had Woo Bin expected danger tonight? Suddenly, Jan Di was off in her head wondering if Woo Bin had ever had to use a gun. She knew that F4 had gotten into a few skirmishes, probably more than she knew of, and as the son of a mafia leader, Song Woo Bin had probably been in some...dangerous situations. Jan Di knew he was skilled at martial arts, so he could surely handle himself in a hand to hand combat situation or even defend himself against a weapon like a club, but had he ever been threatened by a bunch of guys or with a gun? Other than tonight...

Jan Di decided to work her way up to the question. "So...you know how to use a gun, Sunbae?"

"Of course." Woo Bin nodded. "All F4 are quite handy with guns." He tossed glances to Yi Jeong and Ji Hoo.

"At the shooting range," Ji Hoo clarified, in response to Jan Di's expression.

"Oh." She nodded, chuckling a bit. "Have you ever, um...?" She looked back at Woo Bin.

"Killed a man?" Woo Bin read her mind. "No." Although, he had beaten a few to within an inch of their lives, all of whom deserved it...

"Okay." Jan Di nodded, thankful to hear it.

After that, the car got quiet as Woo Bin and Yi Jeong turned their heads to look out the window. Sensing their unease, Ji Hoo was on alert, too. And Woo Bin and Yi Jeong kept looking out the back window.

"Jag tror att vi följs," Yi Jeong suddenly told the driver. The man said something back, and Yi Jeong calmly instructed, "Förlora dem."

They were being followed by a black car...

Yi Jeong had been afraid that something might go down tonight, hence his asking Woo Bin for help. Keeping a poker face, he looked to Woo Bin and Ji Hoo.

The other two had understood what he said in Swedish, and Woo Bin had also seen the car. Ji Hoo glanced casually back to see and then focused on his brothers. None of F4 wanted to alarm the girls, so they silently communicated, a skill they'd honed over many years of friendship and getting into a few situations together.

Woo Bin contacted his men to inform them and ask for backup.

Ga Eul and Jan Di felt the car suddenly increase its speed, and a couple of sharp turns jerked them from one side to the other. Once, Jan Di fell against Ji Hoo and Ga Eul against her. Jan Di looked up at Ji Hoo with large eyes, and he helped her return to her upright position. She turned to Ga Eul, and the girls exchanged a concerned look. They knew something was up, even more so when Ji Hoo tightened Jan Di's seatbelt, and Yi Jeong did the same for Ga Eul. Woo Bin was now talking on his phone in another language; the girls weren't sure which one, but he clearly didn't want them to know what he was saying, and Yi Jeong kept speaking back and forth to the driver in Swedish.

"What's going on?" Jan Di blurted out. When Yi Jeong avoided her question and Woo Bin remained occupied, she turned to Ji Hoo. "Sunbae...?" she asked, staring up at him with those doe eyes he found so hard to resist.

Ji Hoo sighed. "It's nothing to worry about, Jan Di."

"But it's something, right?"

F3 all looked between one another, and Yi Jeong finally came out with it. "We're being followed."

"What?" Jan Di exclaimed, shooting her eyes toward Ga Eul. The girls exchanged shocked expressions.

After a few more discussions and messages back and forth between his men and F2, Woo Bin announced that they were going to switch cars and separate. Neither Jan Di nor Ga Eul could protest when Yi Jeong snappily said something to the driver and the car veered off the road. It went down a narrow alley between two old buildings that the girls were surprised it could even fit through.

When they came out on the other side, Woo Bin told them all to get out 'now.' The driver got out first and opened the doors as any good one would do, and Yi Jeong shoved some extra money in his pocket as he exited. F3 exited, Yi Jeong helping Ga Eul out and Ji Hoo helping Jan Di. Yi Jeong and Ji Hoo then took the hands of 'their girls', and Yi Jeong beckoned the driver to follow them. They all took off running, following behind Woo Bin who led the way. The cobblestone clacked beneath the girls' heels as they ran a few paces to where two black cars had haphazardly parked. Woo Bin's men got out of the cars, each opening a back door and waving them over.

"I'll take Ga Eul," Yi Jeong said. "Ji Hoo, you take Jan Di. Go back to the hotel and pack for the airport. Leave as soon as you can."

Ji Hoo nodded, but Jan Di was not pleased with this arrangement. "But Sunbae, shouldn't Ga Eul go home with us, too?" she protested.

"No time to argue, Jan Di," Yi Jeong said, growing impatient as he looked all around. The men following them could be here any minute. He prepared to leave with Ga Eul, but Jan Di reached out and took her hand, holding on with a death grip.

"I'll take care of her," Yi Jeong told Jan Di.

"We both will," Woo Bin added, indicating he was going with them, too.

"Okay…" Jan Di reluctantly began releasing Ga Eul's hand, but she held on at the last second to her fingertips. "You'll really protect her; you promise?" Standing in the darkened alleyway, the barest hint of illumination from a lamp jutting out from a building, Jan Di stared at Yi Jeong with glinting eyes that vowed to cause him great physical pain if he didn't fulfill that promise.

Yi Jeong nodded. "With my life." And at that moment, he interlaced his fingers with Ga Eul's; their eyes met in a brief yet meaningful look. "Now go," he said, directing his gaze back at Jan Di.

"Okay…" Jan Di nodded, and she gave Ga Eul's hand a squeeze before releasing it. She allowed Ji Hoo to lead her off and shot Ga Eul a small smile and a wave before hopping into the car. Ji Hoo slid in after her, and Yi Jeong shot them a 'be careful.'

Woo Bin's guy bowed to Yi Jeong, shut the door for Jan Di and Ji Hoo, and returned to the driver's seat.

Yi Jeong took a few seconds to explain the plan to their Swedish driver, that one of Woo Bin's associates was going to drive his limo in order to throw the men following them off their trail and that it would be returned to him in good condition as soon as possible. He apologized in Swedish and handed him even more money for good measure. Woo Bin's other man went to the limo and got in, and Yi Jeong beckoned the limo driver to the car with Ga Eul and him. Yi Jeong helped Ga Eul in first and got in beside her. The driver of the limo was instructed to get in the back of the car while Woo Bin took the wheel, and they all headed out, Yi Jeong and his group going first, and Ji Hoo and Jan Di's group following. Meanwhile, Woo Bin's guy waited in the limo until he saw the black car coming down the alley behind him. He pulled out the back way and turned in the opposite direction the others had gone.

Woo Bin drove while communicating with his men via headset. Once he was sure it was safe, that their pursuers were following the limo and not them, Woo Bin instructed his other man to take Ji Hoo and Jan Di back to the hotel.

Rotating his head a bit, "Back to the hotel, Yi Jeong?" Woo Bin asked.

Yi Jeong thought for a moment. "No, take us to my place. I'll direct you."

Woo Bin glanced at him in the mirror. "As you wish."

As for Ga Eul, she was confused. Why were they going to his place? Not only was all her stuff at the hotel, but was he really expecting her to stay with him tonight, even after…? She opened to protest, but before she could say anything, Yi Jeong explained that he thought it best this way. She didn't say anything more about it and remained silent the entire way back to Yi Jeong's place, all the while pondering what she would say to him once they were alone.


Meanwhile, Jan Di sat next to Ji Hoo in the other car being driven by Woo Bin's associate. They had been following Yi Jeong and Ga Eul, but all of a sudden, the car in front of them took a turn while they kept going straight. This put Jan Di on high alert. "Sunbae?" She looked to Ji Hoo, and he asked the driver. After checking in, he informed Ji Hoo that nothing was wrong and that the others were going to Master Yi Jeong's place.

Jan Di was livid. "What?! What is that slimy Casanova thinking?"

Ji Hoo couldn't help but grin. "Jan Di," he said, turning to her and growing serious. "He just thinks it's safer this way."

"I'll bet he does," Jan Di muttered sarcastically, crossing her arms tightly over her chest.

"Don't worry. After all that went on tonight, I doubt anything will happen between them." That was surely what she was worried about. "Besides, he needs to clear some things up with her, and don't you think they should get a little time together before she leaves? She won't see him for at least another three years."

"Yeah...I guess so," Jan Di muttered. She assumed she would feel the same way if she was visiting Jun Pyo in America‒she would want to spend as much time with him as possible. That thought made her consider that perhaps she should be a good girlfriend and go and visit him, too. After all, Ga Eul had done it. But then again, Ga Eul had been invited, and Jun Pyo was very busy these days, as was she. Yet, she had traveled across the ocean to stalk her best friend, so where exactly were her priorities?

Jan Di slumped back against the seat and released a small sigh. The headrest was soft, but she couldn't quite relax until she knew Ga Eul was home and safe; nevertheless, tiredness was beginning to overtake her. She felt her eyelashes fluttering and tried to will them to stop. The movement eventually became involuntary and rapid, and she felt her head lolling to the side.

"Are you tired, Jan Di?" She heard Ji Hoo ask, but all she could do was mutter, "Nn-nn."

Ji Hoo hadn't really needed to ask; he knew her so well, well enough to estimate that in less than ten seconds, Jan Di would be out cold. And he was very close to the mark. He watched her eyes begin to close and her chin fall forward. Not long after, her head rolled to the left; he sensed her falling before it happened. All of a sudden, her head was on his shoulder. He adjusted her to be more comfortable and looked down upon her. She remained there for a few minutes, but her head eventually began to slide off his shoulder as she fell into a deeper sleep. Placing an arm around her shoulders and cradling her head as gently as a newborn's, he lowered her down. This car was much smaller than the limo, so there was not much else to do but place her head in his lap.

Ji Hoo took a moment to observe the sleeping girl beneath him, and he saw that her coat hung open. If they hadn't been in such a hurry, he would have buttoned it for her; he took the time to do so now.

"S-s-unbae…?" Jan Di mumbled, half asleep.

"I'm just buttoning your coat, Jan Di. Go back to sleep," he whispered.

"I'm...not asleep...," she replied, eyes closed.

"Of course you're not," Ji Hoo said affectionately.

"I'm awake," Jan Di insisted in her semi-conscious state, right before curling up like a cat in his lap. She nestled in, the back of one hand resting on his knee and her other arm hanging over the edge of the car seat. When she lay still again, he noticed a strand of pinned hair had come loose and fallen across her face. He could leave it there, for she looked beautiful that way, with a single curly strand out of place, but he decided to tuck it back behind her ear. He smiled softly down at her, and placing a hand on her arm, he gently held her in place.


When they arrived at the hotel, Ji Hoo allowed Jan Di an extra couple seconds to sleep on his lap; he always hated disturbing her sleep and enjoyed having her so close. After gently waking her, they went inside.

"Ah, I'm wiped," Jan Di said. She released a small yawn and stretched her arms above her head as she and Ji Hoo approached the door of her hotel room.

Ji Hoo followed Jan Di into her room, in order to keep track of her after all the excitement this evening, while Woo Bin's man waited outside, apparently planning to guard them tonight. It was a nice precaution, though likely unnecessary. Also probably not needed, Ji Hoo decided he would feel much better if Jan Di was where he could watch over her, so he asked her to bring her belongings and come to his room.

Jan Di didn't put up much of an argument in her drowsy state and set about packing her belongings, which didn't take long. Ji Hoo took her to his room and opened the door. Their flight was in 5 hours; it was still a bit early to head to the airport, so he suggested she get an hour nap.

"What about you?" Jan Di took a long, hard look at the king-sized bed, the very bed she'd fallen asleep in, with him, previously. She didn't want to send him to the small couch that his legs would probably dangle over, but she felt a little weird sharing a bed with him, again, especially after that dream of hers and with the events of the past two days. "I can take the couch, Sunbae," she finally suggested.

"No, you take the bed," he insisted. "I'm not planning on sleeping, anyway, so don't worry about me." He would do his packing and wake her when he finished.

"Alright," she replied, making her way over. She considered changing into her pajamas, but what was the point when they'd be leaving for the airport soon? She would, however, need to change out of her dress before they went, but she didn't feel like it right now.

"Ga Eul will be alright, won't she, Sunbae?" Jan Di asked as she slipped under the covers.

Ji Hoo followed her over and tucked the covers around her, and he sat at the edge of the bed. "I'm sure she will, Jan Di," he replied, and he promised to message Yi Jeong and Woo Bin to check in. "Don't worry. They probably haven't arrived yet since Yi Jeong's place is further away than our hotel."

"Okay. Thank you, Sunbae."

Ji Hoo nodded and stood. He carefully adjusted her covers once more and leaned down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well, Jan Di."

She smiled up at him.


After dropping the limo driver off and ensuring they weren't followed, Woo Bin drove to Yi Jeong's place. On arrival, they all got out and went inside. In the hallway outside Yi Jeong's place, Woo Bin caught his friend by the arm. "We're going to keep watch outside tonight, just in case, so don't worry," he informed Yi Jeong.

"You don't have to-" Yi Jeong began, but Woo Bin cut him off with a look and a pat on the shoulder. He nodded and indicated he'd be right back before opening the door and leading Ga Eul inside.

"Ga Eul, make yourself comfortable," Yi Jeong said. He then went to his bedroom and pulled out a pair of his pajamas from his drawer. They were an older, smaller pair, quite comfortable, but he didn't wear them often. When he returned, she was seated on the couch. He placed the pajamas on the arm beside her. "You can get your things from the hotel in the morning, or I'll send for them. For tonight, you can wear these, and please help yourself to whatever you need in the bathroom."

He was so casual about this. It made Ga Eul wonder if he'd had guests over before, but she didn't want to even think about that…

Yi Jeong interrupted her from her thoughts. "I'm going to speak with Woo Bin for a moment; I'll be back," he said. Ga Eul nodded, and he placed a hand on her arm before leaving the apartment.


When Yi Jeong stepped out, Woo Bin was next to the door, leaning against the wall, his guy on the other side. Woo Bin turned to him after he'd closed the door. "Yi Jeong-ah…"

Woo Bin didn't need to go on for Yi Jeong to know what he was getting at. Yes, there was much to discuss, but Ga Eul was waiting for him inside, and there was also much she needed to hear.

"I know, Woo Bin-ah," Yi Jeong said. He placed a hand on his throbbing forehead, trying to magically rub away his tension and the events of tonight...

He'd only wanted to take Ga Eul out for a nice evening; he'd thought she and Jan Di might enjoy getting dressed up, having some fine food, and perhaps dancing, but it had only been one giant headache. Then all hell broke loose, and it nearly ended in disaster.

It was a mistake taking her there; perhaps it was even a mistake bringing her here in the first place…

"I know you have a reason for your actions and that you'll tell me in time, so I'm not going to ask questions," Woo Bin said.

Yi Jeong nodded appreciatively. "Good because I don't have many answers."

Woo Bin his chin in contemplation. "Regardless, I think you should talk to Ga Eul..."

Yi Jeong knew well that he needed to do that. Keeping his eyes on his best friend, he waited for him to say more as he seemed to want to.

"...She is under the impression that Elise Andersson is pregnant with your child," Woo Bin explained.

The potter's eyes widened, unable to even vocalize the 'what?' reverberating in his head. It was absurd. How had she gotten that idea? The only thing he could figure was that she'd overheard Elise tell him about her pregnancy and had gotten the wrong idea.

Yi Jeong shoved his hands into his pockets and stared at the ground.

"Again, I won't ask you to explain, but just tell me...it's not true, right?"

Yi Jeong looked up with a solemn expression. "No, it's not true."

"Good." Woo Bin cracked a smile and reached out to put both hands on his buddy's shoulders. "Make sure she knows that, okay?"

Yi Jeong nodded, and Woo Bin slapped his shoulder before motioning for him to get inside already. As Yi Jeong grabbed the knob of the door and twisted, he looked back at his friend. "Thanks."

Woo Bin's lips tilted upward, and he gave a nod.


When Yi Jeong re-entered his place, Ga Eul was still seated on the couch; the pair of pajamas hadn't been touched, and she seemed to have not even moved from her spot. In fact, she was glued to her seat and staring at the door. She dropped her eyes a bit when she saw him as if it was difficult to look at him. Now he knew why she couldn't meet his eye; now he knew why she'd run out‒it wasn't just because of the announcement. And now he knew why she'd been acting so strangely tonight.

He approached her slowly as if she was a frightened foal that might flee at any moment. She tensed when he came closer but didn't attempt to move, so he took a seat beside her. "Ga Eul…" He didn't really have a 'speech' prepared, but he would do his best to explain everything to her. "I know that tonight brought some...unexpected events."

Unexpected? You could put it away, Ga Eul thought.

"First and foremost, about Elise…" Yi Jeong watched her stiffen at the name and stare hard at her hands. "Ga Eul." He took her chin between his thumb and forefinger, forcing her to look at him. "I know what you believe, but Elise is not pregnant with my child."

Ga Eul's lips parted. "Sh-she..." How did he know...? Oh, she supposed Woo Bin Sunbae must have told him.

He released her chin and folded his hands in his lap. "It's true that Elise is pregnant…" He looked her in the eyes. "But her baby is not mine; it's Karlsson's."

Ga Eul let out a small gasp.

With a sigh, Yi Jeong continued, "Elise must have told me about the baby because she needed to confide in someone, and we are friends. ...Despite her tough exterior, she's feeling very vulnerable and alone right now."

For a moment, Ga Eul pushed aside her jealousy and felt sympathy for the Swedish beauty, but she still didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry," she finally said, lowering her head in remorse. "I feel so stupid."

"You're not stupid."

Ga Eul sighed. "But I mistrusted you...I'm so sorry, Yi Jeong Sunbae."

He took her hands in his. "It's alright. I know how it must have looked, and I'm not...the most trustworthy of men, at least I haven't been in the past." He began her hands with his thumbs. "But I've never cheated on you, Ga Eul-yang, and I will remain faithful to you."

How can I be sure, So Yi Jeong? And I should be sure; I have to be sure, her mind was ranting. A relationship without trust was dead in the water, and she had so easily questioned theirs. How could they change this dynamic? How could they make their relationship stronger?

She decided not to focus on that for now. "You don't know how relieved I am," she said. "I-I thought…"

He shook his head, cutting her off. "You don't need to worry, ever. You're the only, Ga Eul-ah."

"Yi Jeong Sunbae..."

He flashed his pearly smile and dropped her hands long enough to wave a finger at her. "No 'sunbae.'" He leaned in closer, his fingers finding the skin of her cheeks and caressing. He ventured further to trace the line of her jaw, and one hand dropped to rest on her shoulder while the other cupped her face. Holding her eyes captive, he leaned in once more and this time touched his lips to hers. It started as a gentle kiss, but he quickly realized how much he'd missed kissing her, the way he had the other night. It had already been too long. How would he ever survive three-plus years without this?

Moving his lips across hers, he felt her doing the same...he considered deepening the kiss, but then she did something he didn't quite expect‒she bit down on his lip. Not hard enough to break the skin but just hard enough to arouse him even further. He grasped onto her arms, hoping not to frighten her, and her bite grew softer. He allowed her to on his lip for as long as she liked, and she did so for a couple seconds, slowly dragging her lips away as they parted.

Yi Jeong was actually breathing heavy now, and before his body could take over for his mind, he decided to give her an out. "...You…," he spoke between maintaining short, steady breaths, "must be tired."

She looked deep into his eyes and said, "Not really." Her answer lit hope within him because she seemed to be saying more than just that. But naturally, Ga Eul got nervous.

"...I...guess it's all the...excitement tonight, but...I-I don't know if I can sleep..." She wanted to tell him something, and she hoped he would understand.

His eyes grew darker when she said it and something flashed in them, something fiery and even a bit dangerous. It was a look she realized must mirror her own. Although she couldn't see herself, she could feel the intensity of the longing within her that certainly must be visible. She didn't just love him; right now, she wanted him, completely.

Even though Ga Eul realized this, she couldn't exactly tell him in those words. However, she could show him...and she planned to. She wanted him to know what she was envisioning in her head all those nights on the phone when they were apart. And now that they were together, in the same room, staring into each other's eyes…they could actually...

She didn't have much time to think about it, though because he kissed her again and wrapped his arms around her. As he gently lay her back, she felt her head drop against the couch cushion. And they continued kissing…

After a moment, Yi Jeong pulled back to look at her, and she was staring up at him with those large, innocent chocolate eyes of hers. His gaze wandered to her now redder, swollen lips and to her creamy, exposed neck. He watched her neck as she swallowed back her nerves, and it made him hesitate, but only for a second or two.

When she felt his lips on her neck, a sigh escaped , and she moved her fingers across his broad shoulders. He had her around the waist, his face buried in the soft skin of her neck, placing soft kisses all over. Meanwhile, her hands wandered up and into his hair, and for the first time, she took the opportunity to really explore it. Weaving her hands through his dark, silky hair made him hold her tighter and roam his hands up her back. When he squeezed the muscles just beneath the strap of her bra and sank his lips deeper into her neck, she couldn't help but moan out his name. When she did this, he pulled away and looked into her eyes; she felt a bit embarrassed but didn't have much time to dwell on it because almost immediately, his lips were on hers again...

Yi Jeong heard a faint buzzing sound coming from the table, indicating he'd gotten a message. The distraction made him open his eyes, and there was Ga Eul before him‒eyes shut tight, lips still melded with his, and utterly lost in the moment. She was so beautiful this way, and it was almost too much to bear...

He ignored the message, but it served to remind him how many more things he had to say her, about his grandfather and plans for the future... He really didn't want to think about any of that right now, and he couldn't; he was too far gone. So, he continued kissing her and caressing her back and sides. Each time he approached, his fingers reached eagerly for the curve of her s but stopped just short. It wasn't that he was nervous...why would he, of all people, be nervous to touch a woman's s? But then again, it was not just any woman; it was Chu Ga Eul, and this could very well be her first time going so far with a man… That was exciting, to think of her being all his and only his, but it also deserved some reverence.

When they broke for air, Ga Eul's face was flushed, whether from shyness or the heat they'd generated, he wasn't sure, but it was cute.

Her eyelashes fluttering, she said his name, "Yi Jeong-ah…" and lowered her gaze.

"Yes, Ga Eul-ah, are you alright?" he asked, a bit worried he'd gone too far.

She kept her eyes down and nodded.

Having cooled himself a bit, he returned to what needed to be said while he had the chance. They'd only discussed the Elise misunderstanding, after all. "Ga Eul-yang, I know there is still more to talk about...but that's not how I want us to spend our last night together for a while."

She looked up at him. "Me either."

"But I do need to say something." He ran his hands up and down her arms once and held them. "I suppose the important thing for you to understand is that nothing has changed. I'm not planning to stay in Sweden...in fact, I plan to go back as soon as I can. I can't say when that will be, though." He sighed upon considering the mountains he had to climb with Mr. Andersson and his harabeoji. "...It will surely be at least another three years as originally planned, perhaps a bit longer, but my promise still stands. I will return; I will find you first...and when I do…"

"And when you do…?" she pressed him further.

"When I do…we won't ever have to be apart again," he said.

It sounded like a total line, but she believed him. And if it was, it had done its job perfectly. Ga Eul felt the warmth between her legs, and she could do no less than lean in and kiss him‒it was a short but firm, loving kiss.

After pulling away, she looked him in the eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't want to spend tonight talking, either. I want to enjoy our last night to the fullest." She blushed. "What I mean is...I want to...what I want is…"

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. "What? What is it that you want? You can tell me, Ga Eul-ah."

Why did he have to say it that way and in that low, husky tone? Why did he have to be so close and holding her so tight? It was casting her reasoning straight out the window.

"Tell me exactly what you want, and I'll give it to you."

Oh, God! Why did he have to say that?! To top it off, he'd leaned in to whisper it in her ear, touching his nose to her cheek in the process.

Ga Eul's mind was running amok now, thoughts popping up like daisies in a field, but most of them not so sweet. Where were these thoughts even coming from? She hadn't known she possessed them in her mind, yet...there they were. But come to think of it, she'd had these kinds of thoughts before...at night, mainly, when she lay in bed thinking about him, often after a romantic phone conversation... Well, those thoughts could come at any time and weren't always within her control, though she did occasionally like to imagine scenarios in her head...

Suddenly, Ga Eul stood up, and he did, too. Staring at him, she remained silent for nearly two full minutes. She wanted him to know she was ready, but how could she do that without seeming completely trashy? She couldn't ask to see his bedroom; that was way too much and just sounded like a bad drama… Should she just extend her hand and start leading him there? No, that seemed way too forward…

She finally opted for something in the middle. "I want…" She took a deep breath. "I want...to be with you. That's all."

His expression twisted into one of complete surprise, so clearly he got her meaning. He nodded in understanding and took a step closer. "Are you...sure?"

She didn't answer him with words but wrapped her arms around his neck, pulled him down, and kissed him again.

From there, all talking was done, the hesitation having passed like a breeze...

Their kiss intensified, and Yi Jeong began running his hands up her back. Ga Eul felt dizzy, almost drunk...she'd heard the phrase drunk on love, and now she got it. Suddenly, they were moving… She wasn't sure whether he had nudged her backward first or if she had done it on her own, but he had his hands on her waist and was backing her toward his bedroom. At the door, he stopped, turned her around and took her hands. He looked in her eyes for approval, and when he got it, he placed a few soft kisses on her cheeks, lips, and chin before leading her inside.

Before Ga Eul realized what was happening, Yi Jeong had shed his jacket, and they were on his bed. He had laid her down and was now hovering over her, looking into her face, again asking for permission to proceed. It seemed as if it was now or never, but she couldn't force herself to tell him to stop...

Using one hand, he brushed away a lock of hair from her face and buried it in the back, taking her hair down completely; he wrapped his other arm around her, and while he sank his lips deeper into her neck, he began sliding the zipper of her dress down.

Ga Eul let him take her zipper halfway down but felt she should participate, too, so she reached out for a button of his white shirt. In her nervousness, she trembled and struggled, so he undid it for her, along with the next two, and he untucked his shirt, all the while watching her closely.

Glad to be met with no resistance, he started kissing her again, and his lips wandered from her face down her neck. He brought both hands up to cup her face for a few seconds, and then they traveled lower, grazing her s in the process and settling on her waist. He slid one hand down her thigh, the flesh through her pantyhose, and he finally slipped it beneath her dress.

A shiver ran through Ga Eul's body when he grazed her inner thigh, but that didn't stop him; he worked his fingers higher… At first, she flinched a bit at the feel of his hand between her legs, but almost immediately, she felt her inner walls contract and grow warm and moist. This sensation was not altogether new, but in this capacity, it was. In that moment, she met his eyes, which were darker than she'd ever seen them before. Once again, he silently asked if what he was doing was okay…

Ga Eul had to admit she'd had fantasies about this very thing; in fact, she'd been dreaming about it finally happening for months now, yet she didn't feel at all prepared. Would it be everything she'd hoped? What was more, if she slept with him, even though they were in love, would that make her a ? Would he think she was easy? They hadn't been going out for that long…

Yi Jeong had said before that she was a 'good girl,' so she worried that he would be disappointed in her for giving in so easily? Not to mention anyone else she told, such as her mother or Jan Di. Would he still love her if she gave him this, or would she be just like all the other girls? And after getting what he 'wanted,' would he move on to the next one? No, it wasn't like that. He loved her; he'd said so. This was the real thing…

Part of her believed they should wait, but another part of her was screaming, insisting that she stop thinking and reminding her that it was the last time she would see him in who knows how long...

When she regained her senses, Yi Jeong was still gazing at her, waiting patiently to continue their session... She took a deep breath and gave her approval in a soft, lingering kiss. Finally putting her mind to rest, Ga Eul succumbed and simply felt, enjoying a pleasure she'd never known before…

Meanwhile, Woo Bin stood guard outside the apartment, oblivious to the sights and sounds behind thick, closed doors.

***To Be Concluded***


A/N: What did you think? Did they go for it? I guess my good friend is rubbing off on me with her love scene cliffhangers, haha. So yeah, maybe if you're good, I'll give you a bit more of this night next chapter. And flattery works, by the way… Haha, just kidding. Anyway, The End is Coming...! Hm, that sounded really intense, haha. Please let me know your thoughts!

TEASER For Next Time (Perhaps flashbacks with a bit more of the romance and fluff from this night)...

Jan Di and Ji Hoo and Ga Eul and Woo Bin return to Korea. Jan Di deals with some confusing feelings, and she and Ji Hoo try to ignore what happened in Sweden and go back to the way things were. Ga Eul reminisces about her last night with Yi Jeong and considers confiding in someone about it. Yi Jeong deals with matters in Sweden while life goes on like usual for Ga Eul; she continues to attend school and eagerly awaits his return. Things are normal enough until Ga Eul unexpectedly meets Harabeoji So, and they have a little chat about Yi Jeong's future. As promised, Woo Bin looks after Ga Eul for Yi Jeong, and she learns to rely on him in times of loneliness and sadness, thus deepening their bond…