Misunderstandings & Confessions

Good Girls and Bad Boys

Chapter Two: Misunderstandings and Confessions

One week ago…

It was the evening of the museum benefit. So Yi Jeong and Elise Andersson pulled up in a stretch limo in front of a large banquet hall. They stepped out together, Elise wearing a floor-length gold sequined gown, and Yi Jeong wearing a navy blue suit with a fur collar and platinum vest, the latest designer fashion in Sweden. Upon stepping foot outside of the car, they were immediately flocked by a mass of photographers and fellow patrons. Yi Jeong had feared this, the onslaught of press that would follow him while associating with Ms. Elise Andersson.


Yi Jeong hadn't exactly been thrilled when asked to accompany Elise. Time was—and not so long ago—when he would have relished the opportunity to such a beautiful woman around a foreign city, and in the past, he probably would have taken advantage of the situation. But he had no interest in sleeping with her. In the recent past, he would have likely closed that deal right away, but things were different now… For one, Yi Jeong had vowed not to follow in his father's footsteps. And two, he was trying his best now to be a better man, for a special someone…

Yi Jeong hadn't relished the idea of spending time with Elise, for several reasons. First, he didn't want the headache of being dragged around by some spoiled, high-maintenance, self-involved, chore of a woman. Perhaps that thought was negative and stereotypical, but he'd known plenty of wealthy women in his day and most of them behaved thus.

But it wasn't just the women, he acknowledged. He had to admit that he and his fellow F4 members had been quite snobbish themselves, that is until they were forcibly awoken by two commoner women. Yes, Jan Di had certainly turned F4's world upside-down, enchanting and transforming them all with her magic, particularly Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo.

And Ga Eul, well, Yi Jeong had felt her impact most of all. If not for her, he could honestly say that he would not be half the man he was today. And he would likely be floundering in an aimless sea of frivolity and despair...


Yi Jeong's other reason for disliking the idea of spending time with Elise had to do again with that special someone… He feared that Ga Eul would misunderstand and become jealous or hurt. Yi Jeong hadn't yet told Ga Eul about Elise, and he felt a pit in his stomach over that. Was it guilt? Yi Jeong wracked his brain to determine the reason that he had not told Ga Eul.

He'd certainly considered just telling Ga Eul right away—and perhaps he should have—but he wasn't absolutely certain where they stood. Were the circumstances such that he needed to explain, or was that something that only a boyfriend would mention? But it was surely something that she would discover eventually—these things had a way of coming out—so, he acknowledged that he should have just told her from the start.

But Yi Jeong was new to this one woman thing; he hadn't even made it known to Ga Eul herself that he intended to be loyal to her… Once again, he wondered if he should have made that perfectly clear. Instead, he'd left her with an opening to find her soulmate in his absence.

Yi Jeong sighed at his stupidity and vowed to rectify his error in judgment at his next opportunity.


During a recent conversation with Woo Bin, Yi Jeong had come to the conclusion that it was second nature for men like Woo Bin and himself to keep their relationships a secret… For one, they often had several women on the line...

Yi Jeong and Woo Bin had been with plenty of women in their day. Most of those women clearly knew that they were not the only ones, and they didn't seem to care. They just delighted in the fact that they were chosen as one of the lucky ones to be noticed by the Casanova or the Don Juan. But there were some who became jealous, possessive, and almost psychotic upon discovering they were not the sole holders of the Casanova or the Don Juan's affection…

And this was one reason Yi Jeong had been hesitant about openly dating Ga Eul in public. There were still ex-lovers of his out there who held grudges after being rejected.


Yi Jeong had discovered that Elise was not so bad, despite her status and the mold she filled. She was neither high-maintenance, nor a chore—she was a bit spoiled, though not so much as others with her kind of money—and she wasn't just some floozy, either. She was surprisingly pleasant, intelligent, and interesting… She and Yi Jeong had the same interests, and he could easily talk to her without becoming bored. Perhaps this was another reason for Yi Jeong's continued secrecy. He found that he rather enjoyed spending time with Elise Andersson, and this left him with a very unpleasant, gnawing feeling in his stomach.

But, Yi Jeong was honestly trying to do his best with Ga Eul, to be faithful to her, and he had been so far. He had not dated anyone else since he started dating Ga Eul over the summer. And he didn't feel any loss over that. He didn't feel discontent, but rather, he felt…happy.

That and the fact that he felt such guilt over being around another woman and enjoying her company, could it possibly mean something? Was it…could it possibly be…love?


"Yi Jeong," Elise spoke softly from beside him, as they sat at the cream colored linen-clad table, softly lit by lampshade centerpieces.

When he didn't answer she called his name again, "Yi Jeong…"

"Hm?" Yi Jeong finally tore himself from his thoughts and turned to the blonde bombshell seated beside him.

"You've been somewhere else all night… What are you thinking about?" Elise asked, wearing a curious smile.

Yi Jeong smiled and shook his head. "It's nothing. Forgive my rudeness, Elise."

She smiled faintly, and he brought the glass of champagne in front of him to his lips. After one of the collections was presented, Yi Jeong began absentmindedly clapping along with the crowd, while his mind drifted to a certain lovely someone.

He didn't know how much time had passed, but he was suddenly stirred from his reverie by Elise, who had laid a hand upon his arm and was whispering to him, "Yi Jeong, that's you, go on up there."


The Present

Jan Di went to see Ga Eul at her place, justifying it as a spontaneous visit because it had been awhile since she'd seen her best friend. Ga Eul wasn't buying it, though. Jan Di seemed preoccupied and overly…concerned…with her welfare. Ga Eul was suspicious, but she simply smiled brightly, greeted Jan Di, and ushered her in.

Ga Eul and Jan Di sat down together, and Ga Eul offered Jan Di tea and snacks. She accepted, and Ga Eul brought them out, placing them before Jan Di. Jan Di immediately popped a cookie into . She seemed nervous, as if she had some bad news to share…

After some forced conversation and a few bouts of awkward silence, Ga Eul decided to address the white elephant in the room. "If this is about the magazine, Jan Di, I already know about it…"

Jan Di gaped. "Ga Eul…," she muttered sympathetically and placed a hand upon her friend's shoulder.

"It's OK, Jan Di-yah," Ga Eul put on her best smile, "Yi Jeong Sunbae told me that he was asked to accompany the museum curator's daughter to a benefit and around the city."

Jan Di nodded slowly and took a sip of her tea, her eyes darting back and forth as she processed the information. Then Ga Eul began to brood. Jan Di studied her.

"Though he didn't tell me about her right away…" Ga Eul had to admit that she wondered about his motives.

"What do you mean? Why didn't he tell you right away?" Jan Di asked.

Ga Eul sighed, "Well, he said that it was just a business obligation, and it didn't mean anything…that he didn't think it was important to mention."

Jan Di scoffed, "What kind of excuse is that?"

"Well, he did apologize to me for not telling me right away, and he told me that he won't keep things from me anymore…," Ga Eul said, wringing her hands lightly.

"Well, I guess…that's good…," Jan Di muttered, though she still felt a bit uneasy, "Did you tell him you saw the magazine?"

"No. I didn't want to seem petty and jealous by bringing it up. After all, he did tell me that there was a possibility his picture would be out there with…Ms. Andersson…, so I wasn't all that surprised to see it."

Still, Ga Eul hadn't particularly enjoyed seeing it…and she was ashamed to admit that she had analyzed the photos very carefully. Ga Eul had dismissed the fact that Yi Jeong hadn't told her right away about Elise Andersson, but it kept coming back to haunt her. She could feel her insecurity rising within her, as she fought back tears. And she felt horrible for being so jealous and possessive.

Jan Di studied Ga Eul. She was obviously putting on a front. It was clear that she was a…little…upset. Before Jan Di could say anything further, though, Ga Eul changed the subject. The two chatted for a while longer before Jan Di left to go home.


On her way home, Jan Di realized she'd forgotten her scarf, so she went back to Ga Eul's. As she approached the door, she caught sight of Ga Eul through the window, hunched over slightly and softly sobbing into a pillow.

Jan Di's lips parted. She hesitated only briefly before knocking at the door. Jan Di watched Ga Eul quickly wipe away the tears and come to the door.

"Jan Di…"

"I, uh, forgot my scarf…," Jan Di smiled awkwardly.

"Oh! Yes, of course…," Ga Eul went for the scarf and handed it to Jan Di.

Jan Di took the scarf. She remained there for a moment before holding out her arms to Ga Eul. Ga Eul didn't resist Jan Di's offer of a hug. The two friends embraced, and before Ga Eul realized, she was lightly crying on Jan Di's shoulder. Jan Di squeezed her friend tight and comforted her.

"It'll be OK, Ga Eul…it'll be OK," Jan Di assured.


Jan Di returned home to Ji Hoo's. She released a frustrated sigh, as she stomped inside. Ji Hoo was in his chair reading. When he noticed her, he stood. "How is Ga Eul doing?"

Jan Di exhaled sharply, "Ahh, she says she's fine, but I don't know, Sunbae…"

Ji Hoo ushered Jan Di to the couch and sat her down. He took a seat next to her.

"She saw the article. She said Yi Jeong Sunbae did tell her about that woman, but not right away… He said it was just business… But she's upset about it… She was trying to be strong, but I saw her crying…"

Jan Di blinked back tears of her own at recalling the look on Ga Eul's face, and then the rage set in. "Ahh, I just want to punch him in the face!" Jan Di instead gave the couch cushion a swift punch. Then she began delivering repeated blows to the defenseless pillow.

Ji Hoo smiled faintly and caught Jan Di's wrist. He brought it down and laid his hand over her still tightened fist. She loosened and allowed her trembling fingers to slowly unclench.

"I just wish I knew for sure that he can really be trusted, Sunbae…," and then Jan Di grew misty-eyed, "I just can't stand seeing Ga Eul sad... And I'm just so afraid he's going to keep hurting her…"

Ji Hoo leaned toward Jan Di, his hand still resting upon hers. He gave it a light squeeze. "Don't worry, Jan Di-yah… Everything will be fine, trust me." Ji Hoo smiled tenderly at Jan Di, and she returned with an appreciative one. His simple words had reassured her a bit, and she somehow believed him.

Then, Ji Hoo pulled her against his chest for a warm embrace. "It'll be OK, I promise."

Ji Hoo didn't know that he could truly offer her such a promise—he had no idea if things would work out between Ga Eul and Yi Jeong—but what he did know was that he absolutely hated seeing Jan Di upset.

The next morning—after Jan Di left for school—Ji Hoo resolutely went to the airport and hopped a plane for Stockholm. He would verify the situation, and he had a few things to say to his good friend So Yi Jeong, in person.


The following day…

Yi Jeong sat in his penthouse reviewing museum documents that Elise had brought by. Before she left, she had out of the blue asked him in her thick Swedish accent, "That girl you always mention, Chu Ga Eul…is she your girlfriend?"

Yi Jeong raised his eyes to the ceiling and instinctively smiled. She was the first to actually come out and ask him that. "Well," Yi Jeong mused, "I suppose it has yet to be determined…but you could say she falls within that realm." Elise appeared a bit confused by that, but she simply nodded and bid him good day.


Twenty minutes after Elise left, there was a knock at his door. Perhaps Elise had forgotten something? Yi Jeong went to the door and opened it, expecting to find Elise, but instead Ji Hoo was standing there.

"Ji Hoo-yah?" Yi Jeong uttered, slightly stunned.

"May I come in?" Ji Hoo asked. Yi Jeong nodded and ushered him into the penthouse.

Yi Jeong shoved his hands into his pockets, while he watched Ji Hoo wander around the room.

"Not that I'm not happy to see you, Ji Hoo-yah, but…what are you doing here?"

"I just thought I would pay you a visit," Ji Hoo replied, his eyes scanning the room.

Yi Jeong nodded, "How spontaneous of you… Did you miss me so much already?" he smirked.

Ji Hoo scoffed and continued looking around the room, as if searching it.

"Are you looking for something?" Yi Jeong asked, his tone a mixture of amusement and curiosity.

Ji Hoo was, in fact, checking for any signs that female companions had been there. "Nice place," Ji Hoo said, once he had confirmed that the place was clean, meaning devoid of female presence or remnants.

"Glad you approve," Yi Jeong commented, and he bid Ji Hoo to sit. Yi Jeong offered Ji Hoo a drink, which he refused.

After a brief conversation, Yi Jeong asked, "So, why are you really here, Ji Hoo-yah?"

Ji Hoo sighed, "Well, there's no fooling you, is there, Yi Jeong? So, I'll get to the point… What's the deal with the magazine article and this Ms. Andersson?" he asked calmly.

Yi Jeong sighed and explained everything, "She is the daughter of a colleague and esteemed benefactor here. I was asked to accompany her to a benefit, and her father asked her to show me around the city. That's all it was. Nothing happened with her."

Ji Hoo nodded, "I see." It was the same story Ji Hoo had heard, but he had wanted to hear it from Yi Jeong himself in person. That way, Ji Hoo could gauge Yi Jeong's reactions, and he also wanted to give him some advice. "Then there is really nothing going on with Elise Andersson?" Ji Hoo asked.

"You don't trust me, Ji Hoo-yah?" Yi Jeong asked, curiously.

"I want to trust you," Ji Hoo replied simply, "I want to believe you're a changed man, and I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but I need to know your…intentions…for Chu Ga Eul."

Yi Jeong was taken slightly aback by this. Though it was all beginning to make sense, Yi Jeong continued to question Ji Hoo, "Why are you asking about this, Ji Hoo-yah?" Yi Jeong raised a brow.

"Because…," Ji Hoo exhaled, "Ga Eul is a nice girl, and I need to know that you are being sincere with her."

Yi Jeong smirked. "I had no idea you were so protective of Ga Eul, Ji Hoo-yah… Are you telling me that you flew over 7,000 kilometers to defend Ga Eul's honor?" he looked to Ji Hoo, who simply stared back at him, "We could have discussed this over the phone, couldn't we?"

"Well, I felt it warranted a personal visit," Ji Hoo replied, "Besides, I had some time, so I thought I would look in on my good friend."

Yi Jeong decided to torture Ji Hoo a bit for this, "Still, to come so far…I don't think it was all for me, right?" Yi Jeong smirked deviously, "You're not in love with my Ga Eul, are you, Ji Hoo-yah?" he asked, knowing fully well that wasn't it at all.

Ji Hoo scoffed. "Your Ga Eul?"

Yi Jeong was silent, but the corners of his mouth curved up slightly at the thought. Yes, my Ga Eul…

Suddenly, Yi Jeong stood. With a sigh, he shoved his hands into his pockets and headed over to the bar to fix a drink.

"You're here because of Jan Di, right?" Yi Jeong asked, as he pulled out a bottle of scotch, two glasses, and ice.

"In a way… I had planned to deliver a…physical…message to you from Jan Di. But, I thought I would give you the chance to explain first."

"A physical message?" Yi Jeong asked, before taking a sip of the scotch.

"Yes… She wanted to punch you in the face," the corners of Ji Hoo's mouth twitched slightly.

Yi Jeong gave a short laugh. "Yeah, that sounds like Jan Di," he shook his head and took another drink, "So…are you going to punch me then, Ji Hoo?"

"No. If those rumors were true, I would have. But, I believe you. And I know all too well how the media can twist things."

Yi Jeong nodded. "Well, all I have to say is I'm glad it's you delivering Geum Jan Di's message and not Jun Pyo. Otherwise, I'd be on the ground right now before I could explain anything."

Ji Hoo gave a faint laugh, and then he grew serious again. "I'm here because when Ga Eul is upset, Jan Di is upset. And when Jan Di is upset, I am upset."

Yi Jeong practically tuned Ji Hoo out at the mention of Ga Eul being upset. Was Ga Eul upset…?

Finally, Yi Jeong nodded and fixed a drink for Ji Hoo—assuming he needed one, too—and he took it to him.

"You're still in love with Jan Di, aren't you, Ji Hoo-yah?" he asked delicately, as he slumped onto the couch next to Ji Hoo.

Ji Hoo did not answer with words, but his hunched shoulders and weary sigh were enough to confirm. Ji Hoo took the liquor and held it. "That's neither here nor there. We're talking about you, Yi Jeong… I'm saying this for your benefit, too. I think you care for Ga Eul a great deal, maybe even more than you yet know… I hope you realize soon what a good thing you have, though…and don't mess it up."

Ji Hoo paused. He rose and brought the scotch to his lips. Stuffing his free hand into his pocket, he walked across the room, his back to Yi Jeong. Ji Hoo released a heavy exhale and turned resolutely back to Yi Jeong, "I missed out on the opportunity to be with my soulmate, and I don't want to see you make the same mistake...," he said. Ji Hoo took a larger gulp of the scotch.

Yi Jeong's lips parted. The comment was so bold, so forward for Ji Hoo.

"Ji Hoo-yah…," Yi Jeong muttered sympathetically. He went to Ji Hoo and placed a hand upon his shoulder.

"It's OK. I can still to be happy…because…I have her by my side in some form, for now anyway… But I'd like to see you have a better outcome."


Yi Jeong and Woo Bin knew all too well Ji Hoo's feelings for Jan Di—they'd discussed it on multiple occasions. Ji Hoo had been pining for years, and apparently he still was. Yi Jeong's heart went out to his friend. He wished he could meet someone to take his mind off Jan Di. But Yi Jeong knew all too well of Ji Hoo's extreme loyalty. When he fell for someone, he fell hard—slamming into a brick wall hard—and it would probably be years before he would even consider moving on…

And Ji Hoo probably wasn't helping his case any by allowing Jan Di to continue living with him. But he seemed quite happy having her there, so F2 kept quiet about it.


"So, tell me, Yi Jeong. What does Ga Eul mean to you?" Ji Hoo asked.


The following morning…

Ji Hoo walked into his home upon his return from Sweden. Jan Di came out of the kitchen. "And where have you been for the past two days?" she demanded, placing her hands upon her hips.

Jan Di paused. It wasn't as if he needed to explain himself to her or constantly tell her his whereabouts, though she had been quite worried… She was just so used to seeing him every day, to him always being there…

"I mean, uh, I was just wondering…"

Ji Hoo sighed, weary from his travels and for other reasons, "Oh, I just had some business to attend to," he said, "Mianhae for not telling you about it."

Jan Di nodded and poked out her cheeks. "Well, um, it's OK…," she decided to let it go for now, "Are you hungry, Sunbae?"

"No, I've already eaten. Thank you, though, Jan Di," and with that, he headed off toward his room to change and take a nap.

"Oh, OK," Jan Di replied, more to herself, as Ji Hoo walked off.

Fine, don't tell me where you were…, Jan Di thought, bitterly.

"Ahh, honestly, sometimes you're too mysterious for your own good! Do you know that?" Jan Di called to Ji Hoo's retreating figure. She exhaled heavily. What's gotten into him?


Later that day…

Yi Jeong stepped off the plane onto Korean soil once again. He smiled to himself, feeling excited and anxious. After his conversation with Ji Hoo, Yi Jeong had realized some things—things he had known—but that were much clearer now.

He hadn't been able to shake what Ji Hoo said about Ga Eul being upset, so he demanded an explanation. When he heard that Ga Eul had been crying, he couldn't stay away. He needed to see her, talk to her, touch her…and tell her what had been on his mind.

Yi Jeong left the airport in search of the reason for his visit. He would surprise her. Yi Jeong passed the porridge shop and stopped. He glanced in briefly but noticed that only Jan Di and her boss were inside.

That's right, she has an evening class tonight…

Yi Jeong began to head off for the college, but Jan Di caught sight of him through the window. She stared hard and blinked a few times, as if he was some figment of her imagination. Then she looked away and did a double-take.

Well, it was too late to avoid her now.

"Yi Jeong Sunbae!" Jan Di exclaimed, as she exited the shop.

Yi Jeong was a bit disappointed running into Jan Di—not because he didn't want to see her—but because he had hoped to see Ga Eul first. Yi Jeong smiled regardless, "Annyeong, Jan Di-yah."

"What…are you…doing here?" she asked, dumbfounded.

Yi Jeong smiled wider. "I came to pay a visit to Ga Eul."

Jan Di blinked a few times, "You…did?"

He nodded, "Yes, I'm going to see her now, so if you'll excuse me…," Yi Jeong gave Jan Di a quick bow and began to leave.

"Well, that's…," Jan Di stammered and then she suddenly recalled that she was angry with him, "…YOU! Stop right there!" Jan Di glared and pointed a finger at Yi Jeong. He turned back to her, and she tightened her jaw and trudged up to him.

"Before you say anything Jan Di, I know about the tabloid and about Ga Eul seeing it. The rumors aren't true, Jan Di. When Ji Hoo came to visit me yesterday he told me all about it."

"Oh, well that's a relief," Jan Di murmured to herself, "Wait! Did you just say that Ji Hoo Sunbae went to see you…in Sweden?!"

So, that's where he was for the last couple days…

"Oh, you probably weren't supposed to know about that," Yi Jeong grinned, "Anyway, yes, Ji Hoo paid me a visit. He told me about you and Ga Eul seeing the magazine article. He wanted to ensure that I was being sincere with Ga Eul and that I didn't lose out on someone special."

"Really?" Jan Di asked, slightly stunned.

"Yes, but I suspect that it had a lot to do with you…," Yi Jeong gave Jan Di a wink.

Jan Di simply stared at Yi Jeong but gave no comment. Finally, she spoke. "Are you being sincere with Ga Eul?"

"Yes. I care for Ga Eul a great deal, and I would never purposely hurt her… I plan to treat her well and make her happy… You can trust me, Jan Di-yah." Yi Jeong's face was serious, and his words seemed heartfelt.

"Can you really promise me that, Yi Jeong Sunbae?"

"I'm not perfect, but I will always do my best for Ga Eul. I will promise you that, Jan Di-yah."

Jan Di smiled widely at Yi Jeong. "Gomawo, Yi Jeong Sunbae!"

Then she put on her armor of bravado again. "Good! You better keep that promise, Sunbae, or else!" They both laughed together, though Yi Jeong knew that Jan Di was completely serious.


Shortly after his rendezvous with Jan Di, Yi Jeong stood outside the door of Ga Eul's class, waiting rather impatiently for it to end. He was; however, enjoying catching glimpses of her from outside the door, while remaining hidden from her view. He couldn't help but smile at the cute look of concentration she wore.

The class finally ended, and everyone made their way to the door. Yi Jeong took a few steps back to where he was partially hidden behind a corner. Ga Eul was the last one out. She began to head past him without noticing his presence.

Yi Jeong smiled and came out into full view. He stared after her, "You looked like you were concentrating very hard, Ga Eul-ssi…," he called at her back.

Ga Eul's brow wrinkled. That voice… It sounded just like… No, it couldn't be… Was she already going insane from missing him? Was she hearing things now? Ga Eul turned around, as though she were moving in slow motion.

And there he was! Standing a few feet away, smiling at her, and looking perfect, as usual.

"Annyeong," he said, revealing a wider version of that amazing smile of his.

Ga Eul gasped. She felt her heart thundering within her chest.

"Yi Jeong Sunbae?!"

Yi Jeong beamed at her and gave her a little wave. Then, he began to approach her. Ga Eul remained frozen for a few seconds more before approaching him slowly, anxiously. "Yi Jeong Sunbae…," she uttered, breathless, "Wh-what…what are you doing here?"

He smiled again, "I came to see you, isn't that obvious?"

Ga Eul's lips parted. Her heart was beating a mile-a-minute, and she felt as though it would beat right through her chest. He said it so casually as if it wasn't the huge, romantic gesture that it was… Did he have any idea of the things he did to her?

The time seemed interminable until they met each other halfway. Yi Jeong placed his hands upon Ga Eul's arms, running them up and down, and they gazed into each other's eyes.

"I missed you," he said.

Ga Eul smiled widely. She felt giddy all of a sudden. "I…missed you, too."


Jan Di returned home from work to see Ji Hoo heading off toward his room.

"Sunbae!" she called after him, "…You went to Sweden to see Yi Jeong Sunbae about Ga Eul?"

Ji Hoo stopped, gauging her mood from the tone of her voice. Would she think he had been interfering? Her voice indicated that she was shocked, but she didn't sound angry. He turned back slightly to look at her over his shoulder.

"I did," he simply said, not in the mood to explain his actions further, "Goodnight, Jan Di," and he headed toward his bedroom.

He stopped short when he felt a pair of small arms wrapped around his waist from behind. Jan Di had been incredibly touched by his gesture.

"Gomawo, Sunbae… Gomawo…," she murmured against his back, as she linked her arms around his waist and squeezed him tighter. "You always do so much for me…and I never…," she cut herself off.

Ji Hoo remained frozen for a moment. He felt his eyes close, and he remained there, simply enjoying the feel of her arms around him. All too soon, Jan Di broke her hold and Ji Hoo turned around to face her. He looked down into her eyes, which held a tender expression and a hint of tears.

"Gomawo," she repeated sincerely.

Ji Hoo gave her a faint smile and nodded. She stared back at him with a look of pure affection.

"You're the best, you know that?" Jan Di suddenly exclaimed and went up on her tiptoes to press a sweet kiss to his cheek. Ji Hoo's eyes fluttered shut once more upon contact.

Then, he opened his eyes to look upon her. Jan Di gave him a shy smile and glanced away before rushing off to her room.


"Have you been keeping up with your pottery?" Yi Jeong asked of Ga Eul, as he led her into his studio that night.

"Yes, Yi Jeong Sunbae."

"You know, you don't have to call me Sunbae anymore if you don't want…," he grinned at her.

Ga Eul's lips parted. She shyly glanced away, feeling her cheeks begin to warm, and she nodded.

"I'm still going to Eun Jae Seonsaengnim's class regularly…," Ga Eul added, pausing upon realizing she'd mentioned the name of Yi Jeong's former love. She glanced over, studying his reaction. Yi Jeong simply smiled at her. She was relieved that he didn't seem to be bothered anymore by the mention of Eun Jae.

"Good, I'm glad you're keeping up with it. But have you been working on putting less pressure on your wrists?" he asked, with a look of mock chastisement.

Ga Eul smiled, "Yes, I've been working on it, Yi Jeong...Yi Jeong-ah," she finished shyly.

Yi Jeong revealed his flawless smile, "Why don't you show me what you've learned…," he suggested with a grin. Ga Eul nodded.


He pulled out his wheel and then approached her with an apron. He slipped it over her neck and stepped around behind her to tie it for her. Ga Eul tingled and flushed, and she smiled to herself, as he tied a delicate bow at her back. He smiled and went for his own apron.

Ga Eul and Yi Jeong sat beside one another on the bench, each spinning out a clay figure. "That's good," Yi Jeong commented, "I can see you've been working very hard, Ga Eul."

She smiled, and he gently took her hand, adjusting its position ever so slightly. Ga Eul felt a bolt of pure electricity shoot from the spot he'd touched all the way up her arm.

Though it was difficult, given his proximity, Ga Eul focused upon the spinning clay. And she smiled to herself as she watched it twirl and form into more than a mass of mud. She gently ran her fingers along the edges of the clay to help it along.

Ga Eul was so caught up in her spinning creation that she barely realized that Yi Jeong had moved into position behind her. He placed his hands upon hers to guide them. Ga Eul in a small breath of surprise and pleasure. She was relieved that she had not destroyed her piece right then and there.

"Let me show you something," he spoke gently in her ear, the feel of his warm breath upon her neck sending tingles up and down her spine. It was taking every ounce of Ga Eul's self-control to focus upon the task at hand.

Yi Jeong guided Ga Eul's hands into transforming the lump of clay into an intricate pot. They worked as one, remaining like that until they had finished the piece.


Ga Eul smiled brightly at their creation once completed, "It's so beautiful," she uttered, as she glanced back at him shyly. He was still so close, his face mere inches from hers, and he was smiling that beautiful smile of his. It was extremely tempting to lean just…a bit…closer and steal a quick kiss. Ga Eul mentally berated herself for such bold thoughts. What has become of you, Chu Ga Eul?

Ga Eul could barely hide her disappointment when Yi Jeong stood and took the pot to set it out prior to placing it in the kiln. He removed his apron and went to clean his hands. Ga Eul released the breath she'd been holding and did the same.

Afterward, he approached her.

"Ga Eul, I have good news and bad news again," he said, as he slowly closed the distance between them, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?"

Yi Jeong stood before her now. He grinned, "The bad first, right?" She smiled faintly and nodded.

Without warning, he pulled her against his warm, broad chest and held her there. Ga Eul's lips parted, and she was sure he could feel the pounding of her heart against his chest, but she no longer cared.

"The bad news is…that I have to go back tomorrow," he said sullenly.

Then, he pulled her back, holding her shoulders, and looking deep into her eyes. Ga Eul nodded, glancing down. "I understand… And the good?" she met his eyes once more.

"The good news is…that this whole misunderstanding helped me to realize something…"

"What?" she asked, incredulously.

"The good news is…it helped me to realize that…I love you. And I don't plan to let you slip away…"

Ga Eul felt happy tears piling up behind her eyelids. She choked them back, and a sweet smile crossed her lips. He was staring at her intently, awaiting her response. Ga Eul took a deep breath, and she finally said the words she'd kept locked away deep within her heart.

"I love you, too, Yi Jeong-ah," Ga Eul said in her bravest and most steady voice.

Yi Jeong revealed his flawless smile and leaned toward her. Their foreheads touched—as if magnetic—and their eyes closed in unison. Yi Jeong pressed his lips to Ga Eul's, and they shared a slow, passionate kiss…


Saying goodbye to Yi Jeong again the next day tore Ga Eul apart anew, but she vowed to be strong… And she felt renewed determination that their newfound love could surpass the test of time and distance…