ChapTer 11

... you killed half my of brain cells already ...

ChapTer 11

I refuse to turn my head around because I know he had on a growling face. Why am I hearing only his footsteps coming closer and closer and not the loud chattering from the students? Why is my heart beating so fast, my breathing unstable? I close my eyes hoping all this would disappear – vanish forever… but it wasn’t a nightmare or will it vanish. This is reality, the real thing that was happening, taking place.

“Yah, did you hear me or are you playing deaf?” He pokes my back head with his index finger.

I slowly turn around to find him with his usual emotionless face. I rather see him with a growling face, angry face then an expressionless one; because then I can’t tell if he’s mad, happy, or both at me.

“How dare you ignore me for three days straight!” His voice gradually getting louder, the crowd growing quiet as he continues his speech. “What kind of girlfriend are you to ignore her boyfriend?” He tilts his head sideways as he waited for my answer.

 I swallow my saliva before speaking, afraid all my spit will shoot out onto his face; I didn’t want that to happen consider how he’s already angry enough.

“Why don’t you go find another girlfriend then?” I shot back at him with a smirk. “I never agree to be your girlfriend. You force me out of nowhere. If you’re so unhappy, just break-up with me. I’m sure there’s dozens of girls out there waiting for your love. They’ll give all their attention to you unlike me.” There, I said everything that I wanted to say for the past three days.

Everyone inside the room gave their attention to us who are battering each other out, ready to strangle each other until one dies; that was how I felt.

I had assume he would say no since that’s just how he; I wasn’t expected to hear a different answer from him.

He smirks, “Sure. I’ll give you the break-up but…” He pauses, looking around the room before turning his gaze back at me. “You’ll have to return those brain cells you killed.” He grins, his hands tucked inside his pocket.

I stare at him with disbelief. How in the world can you return a person’s brain cells that were killed? That’s like… impossible!

“Yah! You know I can’t do that!” I shouted.

“Then I can’t break-up with you.” He gave me a careless shrug with a fainted yawn. “I’m so sleepy. I barely slept because I was worried about you.” He smirks.

Whispers from the students emerge in the quiet room. I don’t even know why it’s called a whisper when I can clearly hear what they were saying.

“I can’t believe she can be so cruel to him!”

“Does she not know who he is?”

“Aw… he’s so sweet, worrying about her when she clearly ignored him on purpose!”

“She doesn’t deserve him!”

“What a . Man, I wouldn’t mind taking her place!”

“Shut up!” I shouted at the top of my lungs. Jiyong who was so close to me took a few steps away from me, covering his ears with a surprise look. I shot looks at the students before turning my gaze to him. “Don’t you have school? Why are you in my school?” I finally realize he wasn’t a student here but he’s here.

“Oh, I snuck in. Why? Worried that I’ll be caught?” He gave me a grin, “Don’t worry, I won’t be caught.”

He and I went into a staring contest out of the blues. My eyes were starting to get watery but I refuse to blink. I didn’t want to lose to him. He on the other side seems perfectly fine with crystal eyes.

“Uhm Jun Hee… It’s almost class time…” She nudges at my arm.

“Let’s go,” I say to Yuki as I stroll out of the lunch room without glancing back. Yuki trailed behind me in silence.