Sick

Seventeen One Shots

Hansol hadn't been feeling well that day. His head was pounding, his throat was dry, and he wasn't able to hold his breakfast in his stomach.

So why didn't he tell anyone?

Seventeen had been preparing for their comeback. They hardly had any time to fit breaks into the schedule. Hell, the only reason they had scheduled lunch breaks was because Chan is still a minor and they legally have to.

It was just a just a cold. It's not like it was anything serious.

He let out a rough cough. Seungkwan and Chan shot him a concerned look. They had been sent to the cafeteria to grab bottles of water for the members.

"What?" Hansol winced. His throat felt like it was on fire even though he only said one word.

"You okay? You don't look too well." Seungkwan felt Hansol's forehead. "You're burning up.! You shouldn't be practicing."

Hansol pushed Seungkwan's hand away. "I'm fine. It's just a cold."

"You need to go home, hyung." Chan argued.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do. As soon as we get back Chan and I are going to tell Seungcheol hyung."

"No you are not." 'Doesn't Seungkwan realize that he can't afford to take a break right now?' Vernon thought.

"Yes we are." Seungkwan insisted as the practice room entered their visions.

Chan sighed. "I'm sorry hyung, but we are telling them and you can't stop us."

"What if I tell them about how we snuck out that one night to go to an arcade." Hansol didn't want to blackmail his fellow maknaes, but he has no choice right now.

Seungkwan and Chan froze. "You wouldn't." Seungkwan whispered.

Hansol smirked in victory. "I would."

"But you'd get in trouble too" Chan tried to persuade him to change his mind.

"But if I'm as 'sick' as you two say I am then the punishment wouldn't be as harsh for me." Hansol emphasized the word as if it was a joke.

Seungkwan sighed in defeat. "Come on Chan, let's go."

Chan looked at the ground as he walked with Seungkwan. "Don't think we'll help you lie when someone else suspects that your sick.

Hansol felt guilty as he followed them. He'd have to apologize later when he's feeling better.

Before he made it to the door, his headache increased immensely and spots appeared in his vision.

He stood there with his hand over his eyes for about 20 seconds before everything returned to normal. Well, not 100% normal, but about how he was feeling earlier.

Hansol blinked, readjusting to the light before walking quickly to catch up with Seungkwan and Chan. It's a good thing they was mad at him and didn't turn around and see what just happened.

They entered the room to see the other 10 members looking at them.

"What took you guys so long?" Soonyoung joked. "We was starting to think you got lost."

"You three wasn't goofing off, was you? You guys know we need to get this done by the end of this week." Seungcheol was in 'leader mode' now.

'I told you so.' Hansol mentally taunted at Seungkwan before he realized they was staring at him, expecting him to give the explanation as to why they was late.

"We stopped at the bathroom. No other reason." Hansol's voice still sounded husky.

"Does your throat hurt?" Jeonghan questioned.

Crap. Hansol just managed to keep Seungkwan and Chan quiet; it would've been for nothing if they figured him out now.

"No." Hansol had to think of an excuse and quick. "I'm just trying to make my voice deep and y for Carats..." Well, that deserves the 'Worst Lie of the Year' award.

Mingyu flicked his forehead. "Carats like you the way you are."

"Are you sure it's not something else though? You look kind of pale." Jun spoke as he reached for his forehead.

"Don't we need to be practicing. We'll get in trouble if manager hyung comes in here and we're not practicing." Hansol dodged his hand and tried to distract everyone.

"Oh yeah." Soonyoung stood up. "We should get started now."

Everyone got into their positions and 'Don't Wanna Cry' began to play.

Hansol groaned as he knew he was dancing sloppy compared to usual and would most likely get scolded later.

The black spots started appearing again, but Hansol ignored it.

Near the end of the song a 'thump' sounded through the practice room.

Everyone looked over and saw Wonwoo crouched beside an unconscious Hansol. "Hansol? Hansol?" He gently patted his friend's cheeks to get a response from him.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan ran over to them.

Everyone stood still, in shock. No one was sure what to do.

Jihoon was the first to break out of the daze. "Do we need an ambulance?" He said as he jogged to his bag to get his phone.

Jeonghan looked at his dongsaeng, who hadn't moved since he fainted. "I think we do."

The next few minutes flew by for the members before they realized. The paramedics checked Hansol's vitals before loading him on s gurney. They had parked at the back entrance to not cause any public attention. They allowed Seungcheol to ride with Hansol.

"Let's follow them." Jeonghan said as he grabbed the vans keys. Normally manages drove them to their schedules, but for practice members with licenses were allowed to drive.

"Wait doesn't someone need to tell manager hyung and our CEO?" Mingyu asked as they started heading to the parking lot.

"Jihoon just text manager hyung what happened and ask him to tell PledisBoss for us. We'll talk to them later." Wonwoo spoke as he put his seatbelt on.

Hansol woke up in an unfamiliar room. The room was ridiculously bright.

"How you feeling?" Hansol tried to look over at Seokmin.

Minghao laid a hand on his shoulder. "Don't strain yourself. You just woke up"

"The light's too bright" His voice sounded even worse than earlier.

"Oh. Sorry we didn't think about it irritated you." Joshua said as he turned off the light. "Better now?"

"Yeah." His throat still

Hansol looked down at Seungkwan and Chan who were kneeling and laying their heads at the foot of his bed. He could tell they had been crying.

Seokmin noticed that Hansol was looking at them. "They was really worried. We all was."

Joshua stood up and started to head towards the door. "I'm gonna go get a nurse and tell them that you woke up. Then I'll call the others."

"Where are the others?"

Minghao answered him. "They wouldn't allow more than five people at a time to visit so we had to take turns." He gave Hansol a small smile. "You just so happen to wake up while we was here."

"How long was I out?"

"4 hours."

"That long!" Hansol was shocked that he slept so long.

"Yeah. By the way, you have the next couple days off to rest."

A doctor came in, gave Hansol a final check up and told them that he could leave when he was ready.

"Make sure you takes your medicine everyday until you get to feeling better. You have a serious case of strep throat."

Seokmin took the prescription from the doctor. "Trust us he will."

Joshua renters the room as the doctor was leaving. "The others are on their way."

Hansol looked down.

Minghao spoke up. "I guess we should wake up Seungkwan and Chan." He gently shook the two to wake them up.

Seungkwan mumbled as he felt Minghao. He opened his eyes and saw Hansol. "You're awake! We was so worried about you!"

Chan woke up because of Seungkwan's shouting and aided Seungkwan with pestering Hansol.

"That was not 'just some cold'" Chan mocked his words from earlier. "We're never keeping something like this from the hyung's again."

"So you two knew he was sick and didn't say anything?" Joshua's said sternly. Joshua was normally relaxed, but if he needed to be strict for the younger members then he would.

Seungkwan and Chan gulped as they forgot there were others in the room.

"Well? Are you two going to say anything?"

"It was my fault hyung." Hanso interrupted. "I forced them to keep it a secret. It's only my fault."

Seokmin and Minghao decided it was best for them to remain outside the conversation.

"You didn't force them to do anything. Begged, probably? But in the end it was still their decision to agree."

'Unless I blackmailed them.' Hansol felt even more guilty now. He opened his mouth to confess what he did before he noticed Seungkwan and Chan frantically shaking their heads "no" behind Joshua.

'Because if he told Joshua he blackmailed them, he'd want to know 'with what' and then they'd end up in even more trouble. Hansol sighed at his selfishness putting his friends in trouble. He'd definitely have to make it up for them later.

"We'll talk about this when everyone else gets here."

About 10 minutes later, the rest of the Seventeen members arrived at the hospital. Hansol had gotten ready to leave, but Seungcheol told them that they'd be staying there a few minutes.

While the others were busy fretting over Hansol, Joshua pulled Seungcheol and Jeonghan outside the door to talk. No doubtably about what he learned.

The three entered the room. "Okay I think we need to have a serious talk right now." Seungcheol started.

Everyone found a seat, most on the bed or the floor than the few chairs in the room.

"Okay first of all, Hansol you should have said you wasn't feeling well. This would have been avoided if you spoke up in the first place. And that goes for everyone. Tell one of us if you're sick. We may not be able to erase our schedules completely, but we will try our best to accommodate."

He took a deep breath for continuing. "Seungkwan. Chan. Joshua told me that he found out that you two knew he was sick. Why didn't you say anything?"

Everyone's attention shifted to the two.

"He said it was just a sore throat." Chan knew Seungkwan was awful at lying while under pressure so it was up to him. "He made us promise. We thought it was just a cold. We didn't know it was as bad as it was. " Well at least that part wasn't a lie.

"We're sorry." Seungkwan whispered as he looked down. Chan said sorry too after him.

Hansol looked down because his best friends was going to get punished because of him.

"For now on I want you three to tell the truth. Especially if it concerns your health. Got it?"

The three mumbled "yes."

"Okay you we'll be grounded for 2 weeks." They knew that Seungcheol was going easy on them. "I'm being more lenient this because I can tell you all feel bad and regret it. But if this happens again the punishment we'll be worse. Okay?"

They nodded their heads.

Jeonghan held up the keys. "Great. So let's go pick up Hansol's medicine and go home.

Author's note: Happy Seungcheol day! I start school this week and it's my final year so, I'll try to update when I can. Also holy crap this was 1847 words!